PDA

View Full Version : Next Home Game

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Hope it's busy, 2 good results on the bounce!

Looking to see the whole East doing the conga if Malonga scores:greengrin

S4uzee
29-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Must win

Sir David Gray
29-09-2014, 11:29 PM
Two home games in a row coming up for us now against Raith Rovers and Dumbarton.

Six points is a must.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-09-2014, 12:42 AM
Two home games in a row coming up for us now against Raith Rovers and Dumbarton.

Six points is a must.

Agreed. If we can win both, we'll be creeping up on the Hearts.

greenlex
30-09-2014, 01:16 AM
We need to win the next nine games to have any chance of winning the Championship. Improbable but certainly not impossible.

Tollhouse Hibee
30-09-2014, 01:18 AM
A good chance of winning both. A little concerned if Gray is out but the new formation seems to work.

Sir David Gray
30-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Agreed. If we can win both, we'll be creeping up on the Hearts.

I'm not concerned about them right now as they're still a long way ahead of us.

The first objective is to keep this winning run going. We've just won back to back games for the first time since December last year so hopefully now that we've got that particular monkey off our backs then we'll start to build up a bit of momentum.

We're playing a team on Saturday that's only four points ahead of us so it's vital that we win to get ourselves into a position where we're within touching distance of the top three.

If we keep doing our job right then that's all we can hope for and we just need to see what happens with Hearts.

Michael
30-09-2014, 11:01 AM
Let's not get carried away. If we manage 4 point we'll be doing well.

DH1875
30-09-2014, 04:41 PM

Eh? Sack that. 2 home games against RR and Dumbarton. 6 points is a must.

Golden Bear
30-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Eh? Sack that. 2 home games against RR and Dumbarton. 6 points is a must.

:agree:

Easier said than done though as we'll be reverting back to facing teams who will be quite content to sit in and hit Hibs on the break.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2014, 05:04 PM

Nope we need and must aim for 6.

Dumbarton are just behind us in the league and Raith are currently in a play off spot. 2 games we need to be winning if we are serious about challenging for promotion.

HappyAsHellas
30-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Nope we need and must aim for 6.

Dumbarton are just behind us in the league and Raith are currently in a play off spot. 2 games we need to be winning if we are serious about challenging for promotion.

This.

emerald green
30-09-2014, 06:28 PM
These games coming up will be a real test of the coaches and the playing squad.

Hibs really must not undo all the good work at Ross County & Greyskull. Really go for the 6 points. It won't be easy though, as these teams will do the now familiar 10 men behind the ball and hope to catch Hibs on the break.

So, every player must concentrate for 90+ minutes, and put the ball in the back of the net when the chances arrive, as they will.

Purehibee_MYB
30-09-2014, 07:00 PM
I agree that the games are must wins. But so is every game for us. I'm much more of the philosophy of taking it one game at a time. People are right to point out that our two good performances have come against better opposition where we maybe aren't the favourites. Against Hearts and Rangers earlier in the season we played quite well despite losing both.. We know now that we are capable of playing well and winning but it's now a case of dealing with being favourites that we need sort.

OsloHibs
30-09-2014, 07:29 PM
:gwa:

Greenblood70
30-09-2014, 10:54 PM
I have a suspicion Stubbs will change the formation on Saturday, he mentioned in the post match interview with Cliff on Hibs TV that he won't necessarily use the same players or formations despite winning. Certainly be interesting to see what he does, I'd be sorely tempted to leave the team as is, it suits the players we have and I think that team has earned the right to all start (injuries permitting) on Saturday.

Regardless we need to find a quality that has been sorely lacking, namely consistency, and build a winning run while not getting too far ahead of ourselves.

I've renewed faith we can do it, the players have shown they have the ability so it's all about their mentality now for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

monktonharp
30-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Let's not get carried away. If we manage 4 point we'll be doing well. at the risk of being a bit of a moaner, I tend to agree Michael. I've always thought that if we were in a bit of a slump, which we were/are , we would not suddenly come out of that with a huge turnaround in our luck or fortunes. If we get into an unbeaten run, picking up more wins than draws for a sustained period, then I'D be happy. one swallow never makes a summer as they say, though last night's result was immense and hopefully the shape of good things to come. I mentioned a few days ago that Hertz isnae away over the hill and perfectly catchable. they will have a slump at some point, and we've had a bad start. we got incredibly bad luck, losing our main striker so early when he was just starting to score. remember,he will be back in the frame, early next year,when hertz may have lost a couple of theirs by then. we will be there, or thereabouts come the end of the season and we will get THEM at the holy ground near the end. they also have that Glesga mob, last game o' the season. ggtth.

monktonharp
30-09-2014, 11:29 PM
Regardless we need to find a quality that has been sorely lacking, namely consistency, and build a winning run while not getting too far ahead of ourselves.

I've renewed faith we can do it, the players have shown they have the ability so it's all about their mentality now for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]:agree: that will be the key, although If we have a good unbeaten run, that can build into a winning run. I don't suddenly expect 15 games winning, mair like 10-12 unbeaten will make it happen and drive us forward to the interesting part of next year

HappyHibby93
01-10-2014, 06:43 AM
Without 6 points from the next two, the rangers win means nothing. Consistency is the key to us being at the top end of the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ian cruise
01-10-2014, 07:16 AM
Raith will come feeling confident, regardless of our result Monday. They have had a good start. I would line up the same and have a back up plan for first half of its obvious it isn't working

CraigHibee
01-10-2014, 08:00 AM
Must win

definitely!
The last 2 results will have given the team a boost, they played well against sevco and hopefully we can kick on from here :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
01-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Without 6 points from the next two, the rangers win means nothing. Consistency is the key to us being at the top end of the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:agree: Draws at home against the likes of Raith or Dumbarton are just not acceptable, we need to win every game against the likes of these clubs.

portyhibernian
01-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Take the game to them and we will create chances. There's no reason to fear anyone in this league especially at home. We should absolutely be looking at winning these next two games if we have aspirations of promotion.

Keith_M
01-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Take the game to them and we will create chances. There's no reason to fear anyone in this league especially at home. We should absolutely be looking at winning these next two games if we have aspirations of promotion.

Hopefully that will be Stubbs' thinking as well.

I can just see the meltdown on here, though, when it doesn't all go our way, after everybody thinking we're suddenly world beaters. I hope people aren't expecting too much becuase of a good win at Ibrox.

The_Sauz
01-10-2014, 12:49 PM
I hope we all give a big warm hearted welcome to our friend Christian Nade and his dancing partner Calum Elliot :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
01-10-2014, 04:26 PM
I hope we all give a big warm hearted welcome to our friend Christian Nade and his dancing partner Calum Elliot :greengrin

Oh no,do we have a reinforced pitch for the xtra weight?

ancient hibee
01-10-2014, 05:51 PM
The Evening News think we'll leapfrog Raith if we beat them-arithmetic not its strong point.

iwasthere1972
01-10-2014, 05:56 PM
The 3 R's

Ross County
Rangers (The)
Raith Rovers

Let's just do it then arrange a friendly with Real Madrid.

Seriously need to be picking up six points.

majorhibs
01-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Hopefully that will be Stubbs' thinking as well.

I can just see the meltdown on here, though, when it doesn't all go our way, after everybody thinking we're suddenly world beaters. I hope people aren't expecting too much becuase of a good win at Ibrox.

Aye, was it not the same years ago when our team was not at its strongest, playing against the former sevco, you were always guaranteed an open attacking game, not particularly cos we were good at the time but because they would always come forward leaving gaps, & even our prima donnas always got up for this fixture. Mind the 3-4 loss to them muppets at E.R, Lavety scored but missed a few, we were up at HT & shoulda probably won 8-7 or something but they got crucial decisions etc, but just as then, they came at us & our players found gaps,spaces, in a game not normally found there, great win & all but to me, as then, not a reflection of where OUR team is at, nor the games we will play, or the teams & formations we are going to have to break down to compete & challenge.
I loved beating the Huns at greyskull, but that is not reality. & not every team we face will be managed by a muppet like mcoist.