PDA

View Full Version : Griffiths - 'Smearing Vaseline On An Axe Wound'

Keith_M
29-09-2014, 09:15 AM
Nope, he's not in court on some new (slightly kinky) charge. :wink:

This is from Stuart Bathgate's article (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hibs-must-resist-urge-to-fall-back-on-past-heroes-1-3555815) on his view of Hibs trying to get Griffiths back.

smurf
29-09-2014, 09:18 AM
Written by a Yam.

SaulGoodman
29-09-2014, 09:21 AM
"Please stay at Celtic where you're not even getting into the squad, you're much better off"

Phil D. Rolls
29-09-2014, 09:22 AM
"Please stay at Celtic where you're not even getting into the squad, you're much better off"

Please come and play at a lower level, it'll make you a better player.

Keith_M
29-09-2014, 09:25 AM
Please come and play at a lower level, it'll make you a better player than sitting on the bench will.

Fixed

R'Albin
29-09-2014, 09:26 AM

It's better than not playing at all.

SaulGoodman
29-09-2014, 09:27 AM

Please stay at Celtic, where the fans hate you. You might get a couple of sub appearances this year, that'll really get you noticed.

calumhibee1
29-09-2014, 09:28 AM
Celtic get a portion of wages for a player that isn't playing paid, we get one of the best strikers in the country, he gets to play regular football at a club he loves. What a pointless article and the suggestion that it's a bad move for any parties is ridiculous.

Phil D. Rolls
29-09-2014, 09:29 AM
It's better than not playing at all.

What about playing for Celtic reserves?

lucky
29-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Strange article not sure what the point of it. We all know LG will score for fun in this league, will it make him a better player? I doubt it but at least he will be playing and his confidence will grow. Which we all know is a big factor in football.

Phil D. Rolls
29-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Please stay at Celtic, where the fans hate you. You might get a couple of sub appearances this year, that'll really get you noticed.

Yes, because playing in The Scottish Championship is so impressive on a 25 year olds CV.

R'Albin
29-09-2014, 09:34 AM
What about playing for Celtic reserves?

It's still a much lower level than the Championship and I doubt it'll look that great on his CV either.

hibee92
29-09-2014, 09:35 AM
To be fair the argument he's putting across has some merit it's just a poor article.

greenpaper55
Bathgate is a tool of the highest order, he thinks that LG will not further his career by scoring against the likes of Cowdenbeath but fails to mention that he would be playing against Hearts and Rangers which are bigger clubs than the likes of Ross County or Hamilton. No wonder the Hootsmans sales are plummeting with journos of his calibre working for them.

Phil D. Rolls
It's still a much lower level than the Championship and I doubt it'll look that great on his CV either.

Ok, just asking. :aok:

Keith_M
29-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Yes, because playing in The Scottish Championship is so impressive on a 25 year olds CV.

If he moved to Hibs and played out the rest of his Career here, his CV wouldn't be required anyway.

:wink:

Bobby's Cinema
"The club has a track record of welcoming back it's wayward sons. And those wayward sons have a track record of not doing much on their return."

Absolute rubbish.

O'Connor scored 12 goals in the league on his return season, his second highest in any year at Hibs, and finished as Top scorer. Riordan scored 50 goals for Hibs in his three seasons back here.

These signings haven't held us back in themselves. They weren't playing with enough quality around them, and still scored goals.

Griffiths is exactly what we need right now to improve the quality of the squad and galvanise the support. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

Hibernia&Alba
There are bairns on this forum. The thread title is shocking :-D

SaulGoodman

"Griffiths goal sinks Rangers"
"Griffiths is derby day hero"

Or; "Griffiths goal helps Celts scrape past Ross County"

Keith_M
29-09-2014, 09:37 AM
There are bairns on this forum. The thread title is shocking :-D

Blame Stuart Bathgate

:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
29-09-2014, 09:39 AM
"Griffiths goal sinks Rangers"
"Griffiths is derby day hero"

Or; "Griffiths goal helps Celts scrape past Ross County"

Outside Scotland it wouldn't matter a ****. This seems to be about what's good for Hibs, rather than what's good for Griffiths.

GreenOnions
29-09-2014, 09:40 AM
I take Bathgate's point about Riordan and O'Connor and others but there is a huge difference in that these players' careers were winding down when they returned. Griffiths is very different with his best years probably ahead of him. He also doesn't have problems with fitness, work ethic on the pitch etc.

No one player can fix all problems but I think the writer is applying valid points to the wrong example. Maybe too busy trying to find a way to accommodate in an article his cunning vaseline analogy.

Bobby's Cinema
29-09-2014, 09:40 AM
Outside Scotland it wouldn't matter a ****. This seems to be about what's good for Hibs, rather than what's good for Griffiths.
I agree, but he's not exactly doing himself any favours sitting in the stand at celtic park is he

Phil D. Rolls
29-09-2014, 09:42 AM
I agree, but he's not exactly doing himself any favours sitting in the stand at celtic park is he

So maybe he has to try harder to get a game, instead of taking the soft option.

InterviewLoI
29-09-2014, 09:48 AM
But none of this is relevant since he isn't coming....

The Green Goblin
29-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Isn't an "axe wound" a euphemism in crude jokes for female genitalia? I wonder what point Stuart Bathgate was trying to make about his feelings for Hibs?

Hibernia&Alba
29-09-2014, 09:50 AM
Isn't an "axe wound" a euphemism in crude jokes for female genitalia? I wonder what point Stuart Bathgate was trying to make about his feelings for Hibs?

I'd like to make a very similar point about him, but shan't on a family forum.

SaulGoodman
29-09-2014, 09:51 AM

Do you not want him to come?

Stevie Reid
29-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Of all the other arguments surrounding this, the one irrefutable fact is that having Griffiths, even for only three months, would be an unbelievable boost with regards to us making a serious attempt get out of this league.

Whilst this ongoing speculation will be nothing other than an extremely frustrating distraction if (as it seems it will) it comes to nothing, arguments over whether it happening would be anything other than good for us are hard to get on board with.

R'Albin
29-09-2014, 09:52 AM

I did wonder why reading that title gave me an erection.

Betty Boop
29-09-2014, 09:53 AM

Too much information ! :greengrin

jacomo
29-09-2014, 09:58 AM
In terms of his football career, LG made an obvious backwards step when he agreed to go to Celtc. He could have established himself as a useful striker in the English Championship instead, a league where at least 10 teams can offer the kind of contract he is on right now.

I don't blame him for returning home, it may have been family reasons that persuaded him. But it's hard not to think that he's peaked as a footballer. He certainly won't catch Strachan's eye if things carry on as they are.

Phil D. Rolls
29-09-2014, 10:00 AM

The need for lubrication tends to say more about Hibs feelings towards Bathgate.

Do you not want him to come?

Youve taken that too far. :greengrin

Waxy
29-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Has Bathgate ever smeared vaseline on his axe wound? He must have got the idea from somewhere?

SaulGoodman
29-09-2014, 10:06 AM
The need for lubrication tends to say more about Hibs feelings towards Bathgate.

Posh Swanny
29-09-2014, 10:08 AM
How terrible it would be for Leigh's career if he came to Hibs and stayed for the rest of his playing days. Record goal scorer, record appearance-maker, scorer of the goal that won Hibs the Scottish Cup for the first time in 128 years in his final match for the club and earning £200,000+ a year while doing it. It must make the poor lad sick just thinking about it - too much loyalty in football these days.

Hibernia&Alba
29-09-2014, 10:09 AM

It's Carry On Sparky :-D

Phil D. Rolls
29-09-2014, 10:14 AM
it's carry on sparky :-d

pleasing!

Keith_M
29-09-2014, 10:17 AM
But did he vote Yes or No?

:duck:

Keith_M
29-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Isn't an "axe wound" a euphemism in crude jokes for female genitalia?

I must be REALLY old/out of the loop, cos I've never heard that expression before.

:embarrass

johnrebus
29-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Bathgate is a Hearts fan writing a poor and pointless article for a newspaper on it's knees.

:na na:

Viva_Palmeiras
29-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Can't find the link on EEN am I going blind or has it been pulled (no pun intended matron)

Keith_M
29-09-2014, 11:32 AM
Can't find the link on EEN am I going blind or has it been pulled (no pun intended matron)

The LINK (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hibs-must-resist-urge-to-fall-back-on-past-heroes-1-3555815) is in my Original Post.

The quote is from the bottom of the Article. It's not the Title.

Phil D. Rolls
29-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Has he signed yet?

Keith_M
29-09-2014, 11:37 AM
Has he signed yet?

No, he said some Twat told him it wouldn't look good on his CV.

If I ever find out who it was, he's in big trouble!

Viva_Palmeiras
29-09-2014, 11:39 AM
The LINK (http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl/hibs-must-resist-urge-to-fall-back-on-past-heroes-1-3555815) is in my Original Post.

The quote is from the bottom of the Article. It's not the Title.

Thanks iPhone and eyes conspired against me ;)

Phil D. Rolls
29-09-2014, 11:45 AM
No, he said some Twat told him it wouldn't look good on his CV.

If I ever find out who it was, he's in big trouble!

I can't even spell seevie.

Jim44
29-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Bathgate has a vested interested in perpetuating the notion of a weak and unsuccessful Hibs side. His mind-set at present must be orgasmic and he's not going to let the signing of the likes of Griffiths ruin his ecstacy. If, on the outside chance, Griffiths returns to ER, I guarantee Bathgate will get to work on a voodoo effigy of Griffiths to prevent him raining on his parade.

PatHead
29-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Stuart Bathgate wrote an article on 1 Sept 2014 headed "Nostalgia for Romanov the Great Showman".

In the article he says "it is easy to feel a certain nostalgia for the man, and perhaps even harbour a little sorrow about his departure".

Think that tells you how deluded the man is and explains why Scotsman circulation is going down the toilet.

Keith_M
29-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Thanks iPhone and eyes conspired against me ;)

As Auld Eric from Still Game once said, "Auld age, it's a b******, isn't it"

:wink:

matty_f
29-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Bathgate has played up to the Yams ever since one of them banjoed him at a pre-season game.

hibsbollah
29-09-2014, 12:34 PM
That article does to the English language what a combine harvester does to a field mouse. The last sentence is just hilarious. You know what he's trying to say, he just hasn't thought of a way to say it that makes sense.

R'Albin
29-09-2014, 12:41 PM
Too much information ! :greengrin

CRAZYHIBBY
29-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Grease him up and get him home

Kato
29-09-2014, 01:26 PM
Stuart Bathgate wrote an article on 1 Sept 2014 headed "Nostalgia for Romanov the Great Showman".

In the article he says "it is easy to feel a certain nostalgia for the man, and perhaps even harbour a little sorrow about his departure".

Think that tells you how deluded the man is and explains why Scotsman circulation is going down the toilet.

It's not delusion at all, they were at their happiest when other peoples' money was plentiful and being spent on their pathetic club.

Smartie
29-09-2014, 01:31 PM

I was erect by "Griffiths" to be perfectly honest.

:hyper:

CRAZYHIBBY
29-09-2014, 01:43 PM
I was erect by "Griffiths" to be perfectly honest.

:hyper:

You've taken that too far

Mikey09
29-09-2014, 02:51 PM
The Scotsman...... :faf::LOL::faf::LOL::faf::LOL:

HappyHibby93
29-09-2014, 03:53 PM

I don't think it's up to him who's in the squad is it? No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil D. Rolls
29-09-2014, 04:22 PM
I don't think it's up to him who's in the squad is it? No.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's up to him to try to get in the squad, isn't it? Yes.

Betty Boop
29-09-2014, 06:09 PM
Off topic but according to Sportsound McFadden on trial at St Johnstone.

goosefat
29-09-2014, 06:28 PM
That article does to the English language what a combine harvester does to a field mouse. The last sentence is just hilarious. You know what he's trying to say, he just hasn't thought of a way to say it that makes sense.

:agree:

Verbal Rubik's cube.

WestCoastHibby
29-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Despite all the baggage he carries, I'd take LG back in a heartbeat...