PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Ibrox

ano hibby
29-09-2014, 07:09 AM
Having to drive tonight...apart from advice not to, any bright ideas on where best to park..?
Thanks

kaimendhibs
29-09-2014, 07:23 AM
There's a car park at the back of our stand. 7 quid I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deekster
29-09-2014, 07:43 AM
I'm parking on Shieldhall road tonight. Been their before and had no probs. About a 10 minute walk to the ground and best of all its FREE.

erin go bragh
29-09-2014, 08:30 AM
I'm parking on Shieldhall road tonight. Been their before and had no probs. About a 10 minute walk to the ground and best of all its FREE.

Might cost you £2 ! Last time i took the car to castle greyskull and parked in that street . 2 shall i say unsavoury looking guys approached me saying " waassh yir car for 2 quid " i replied , my cars clean ! No pal , we will watch it for 2 quid . So i gave them the money , then i got my original plates out the boot and started to put them over my private reg ( had HFC on it ), to which the oldest guy ( who was at least 50 ) says " you should have said the car was a ringer and gave me my £2 back . Ggtth

Gus Fring
29-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Park in the ASDA just along the road from Ibrox. It's free and relatively safe. Done it a couple of times.

Billy Whizz
29-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Wonder how long we'll be locked in for after the game tonight

hibs0666
29-09-2014, 10:19 AM
I've used Urrdale Road in Pooloshields a few times. You can either use a footbridge to cross the M8 or walk along to Dumbreck Road. 10-15 minute walk either way.

ano hibby
29-09-2014, 03:11 PM
thanks for replies may aim for the car park if early enough

Boyle89
29-09-2014, 03:38 PM
I'm also driving. I was gona park miles away and get the subway. Is there any 'safe' place to park?

HibeeMassive
29-09-2014, 03:46 PM
thanks for replies may aim for the car park if early enough

Car park is a good option if you don't mind paying.

No real potential hassle getting in / out of the stadium, but if your in a hurry to get home then forget it. Took us ages to get out after the last game - at least the game of "name that horn tune" kept us amused :greengrin Don't think the stewards were all that enamoured with it though..

Jim44
29-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Might cost you £2 ! Last time i took the car to castle greyskull and parked in that street . 2 shall i say unsavoury looking guys approached me saying " waassh yir car for 2 quid " i replied , my cars clean ! No pal , we will watch it for 2 quid . So i gave them the money , then i got my original plates out the boot and started to put them over my private reg ( had HFC on it ), to which the oldest guy ( who was at least 50 ) says " you should have said the car was a ringer and gave me my £2 back . Ggtth

"Watch yer car, mister?" No thanks lads, I've got an Alsatian in the back. " Aye, but can it put fires oot?"

Keith_M
29-09-2014, 04:19 PM
I'm also driving. I was gona park miles away and get the subway. Is there any 'safe' place to park?

You know, it's not actually the Wild West.

:greengrin

If you're coming from the east on the M8, the easiest is to take the exit you would normally take for Firhill but park next to the St George's Cross Stn (Junction 17, I think)

ano hibby
29-09-2014, 11:03 PM
I've used Urrdale Road in Pooloshields a few times. You can either use a footbridge to cross the M8 or walk along to Dumbreck Road. 10-15 minute walk either way.

Ended up taking your advice & lucked out parking s bit over a driveway very close to main road & Less than 10 mins walk, perfect thanks