PDA

View Full Version : Hearts running away with it

timewilltell
28-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Looks like they are strolling this league to be fair.....,,😟

Bronson
28-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Early doors but they are looking strong. Doubt they'll win the league mind you, Der Hun have the experienced winners that will get them over the line IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
28-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Looks like they are strolling this league to be fair.....,,😟

They're cruising just now. Cos they've given a few teams a hiding, teams are going there scared.

Whereas with us the opposition are thinking nick an early goal and they'll panic.

hibsbollah
28-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Jolly good too. Well done the neebors.

silverhibee
28-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Ft 5-0

Coco Bryce
28-09-2014, 04:59 PM
They are miles ahead of us :boo hoo:

J-C
28-09-2014, 04:59 PM
They're playing with pace and power and reaping the rewards

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Fair play to them. Showing the rest of the league how it's done.

My mate was on the bench for Livi aswell, which was good to see.

Alfred E Newman
28-09-2014, 05:01 PM
The worse we get the better they get, it's always been the way.

Pretty Boy
28-09-2014, 05:03 PM
Pace, power, attacking intent and arrogance will get you far against the teams in this league.

We have shown these teams far too much respect when we should be going for the jugular from the off and showing them we expect to beat them.

silverhibee
28-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Pace, power, attacking intent and arrogance will get you far against the teams in this league.

We have shown these teams far too much respect when we should be going for the jugular from the off and showing them we expect to beat them.

:top marks

We are still soft touches, something you can't be in this league.

Pray4Marc
28-09-2014, 05:09 PM
Looks like they are strolling this league to be fair.....,,

Get a grip, we are still in September. Rangers will steam roll the league.

Nando™
28-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Crime pays.

SkintHibby
28-09-2014, 05:10 PM
From walking away from £28M debt to romping the league.

Crime really does pay.:agree:

jacomo
28-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Early doors but they are looking strong. Doubt they'll win the league mind you, Der Hun have the experienced winners that will get them over the line IMO.

They've also got a shee ite manager and might go bust before the season is out. This League is there for the taking - Hearts realised this, we are blowing it.

If Hibs were properly run we'd be up there with the Arabs this year.

SkintHibby
28-09-2014, 05:12 PM

Rangers are skint and can't buy their way to success this time.

LordBamba
28-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Hearts won't win the league. Their keeper didn't even score against Livingstone. Amateurs.

erin go bragh
28-09-2014, 05:16 PM
We will see . 36 games undefeated and still managed to win hee haw in 86 .

Ggtth

heretoday
28-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Credit to them. They've sorted out their problems properly and have bought wisely and in good time. No panic buys. Remains to be seen how they'd cope with an injury crisis but I can see them winning the title comfortably.

Judas Iscariot
28-09-2014, 05:27 PM

We don't have the players to do that

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Credit to them. They've sorted out their problems properly and have bought wisely and in good time. No panic buys. Remains to be seen how they'd cope with an injury crisis but I can see them winning the title comfortably.

:agree:

smithy_hibees
28-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Hearts looking solid and subs playing well too! Only going get stronger unfortunately

Alfred E Newman
28-09-2014, 05:31 PM
I can't stand the guy but bringing in Levein was good business. Unfortunately we have nobody with any real knowledge of the Scottish game and the type of player needed to compete in this league.

Brightside
28-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Yes - Hearts are amazing... didn't even know they were playing today until i saw this.

Bishop Hibee
28-09-2014, 05:37 PM
Between them and newco. Sickening.

QMU-1875
28-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Can you's stop the love in?

HIBERNIAN-0762

This....

hibbydog
Crime pays.

This.

They've cheated for 10 years, buying success with money they didn't have, and didn't repay. Whilst hibs have been financially prudent but shocking on the pitch. Look at the positions of both teams now.

Hearts will be creasing themselves at how they managed to pull that little stunt.

Makes you sick IMO.

GreenArmyyy!
28-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Really is horrible to watch.

Billy Whizz
28-09-2014, 05:40 PM
We'll beat them in the play offs

Coco Bryce
28-09-2014, 05:45 PM
This.

They've cheated for 10 years, buying success with money they didn't have, and didn't repay. Whilst hibs have been financially prudent but shocking on the pitch. Look at the positions of both teams now.

Hearts will be creasing themselves at how they managed to pull that little stunt.

Makes you sick IMO.

Probably the reason so many people have turned their backs on the Scottish game.

Borderhibbie76
28-09-2014, 05:46 PM
Its hardly a love in...they are blowing teams apart at present...to say anything else is just churlish!! Thanks to Petrie and Farmer we are now well behind them. Bar a freak goal v livi and last minute v cowden, we could easily be bottom!!

we are hibs
28-09-2014, 05:49 PM
They will run out of steam come Christmas time and The Rangers will win the league, both us and hearts in the play offs with QOTS and Falkirk.

Pretty Boy
28-09-2014, 05:50 PM
Can you's stop the love in?

Will pretending Hearts are rubbish make us better?

No love in from me but they are a decent team. How they have gone about things is questionable but what's done is done sadly.

seanshow
28-09-2014, 05:50 PM
off topic - anybody know why the yams have changed their badge?

AlbertK86
28-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Just remember cheats never win 😏

Turkish Green
28-09-2014, 06:05 PM
off topic - anybody know why the yams have changed their badge?
To commemorate the centenary of the start of WWi.

Back to to the OP, they have signed well, prepared well and apparently Neilson has them training up to 3 sessions a day. The only question would be if the get injuries to their central defence as this is the only area where there is little cover.

Their forwards: Walker, Nicholson, King, Carrick, Keetings, Sow and El Hassanoui have all scored in the league with Sow turning out to be an astute signing. Do I understand it that Sow trialed with Hibs under TB?

Still a long season ahead but they have the points on the board and fat Sally does not have the funds to buy the league.

3pm
28-09-2014, 06:12 PM
with Sow turning out to be an astute signing. Do I understand it that Sow trialed with Hibs under TB?

We'll see about that.

matty_f
28-09-2014, 06:15 PM
**** hearts.

Malthibby
28-09-2014, 06:17 PM
**** hearts.

You mean **** the cheatin' hearts.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Hearts started planning for this season, probably this time last year.

The Leith Dutch
28-09-2014, 06:33 PM
We don't have the players to do that

I think we need to drop this belief and ******ing sharpish.

Forget about whether the players are as good as we'd like them to be - they're not - and drop this crap about Hibs class.

How long do we go on blaming the players when the actual problem is we spectacularly underachieve regardless of who we sign?
The players we have currently should be comfortably at the top end of the table.

Put it this way - if we'd signed the current yam starting XI would anyone be that excited and think "Wow! We've got great players"
I seriously doubt it.

What I don't doubt for a minute is that we'd be in the same league position if we'd swapped our squad for theirs at the start of the season because the sad fact of the matter is we're soft as s**te - dunno why but we are - and until we sort that out I'm not convinced it matters who we sign.

chinaman
28-09-2014, 06:36 PM

Well said skint lad, the paedo supporting maroon cheats must be so proud, cant believe any hibby wi a brain can give the pond life any compliments fxxx the lot of them

Spike Mandela
Don't care about Hearts, just embarrassed how pathetic our club's efforts are at trying to compete in this league. Hearts doing well just puts the spotlight on how poor our footballing management has been this past few years

Its still early doors - its a marathon not a sprint but yes they certainly have got themsleves off to a flyer and seem to be brimminign with confidence. Pretty sickening considering where they should be, if there had been any justice at all that scabby wee club would have been liquidated but thats another matte

Yes hearts are doing well but lets focus on ouselves and getting ourselves back on track. Big game tomorrow - we desperately need the 3 points.

Mikey09
28-09-2014, 06:40 PM

Sorry?? They've sorted their problems out properly?? Are you kidding me on?!! Give those cheating welts zero credit whatsoever. Absolute dregs of the earth who have walked away from £28 million worth of debt and some of them will tell you they are quite happy and proud to have shafted every man and there dog along the way...... And you say credit to them??? Count me out of that one heretoday.....

Colr
28-09-2014, 06:45 PM
This.

Makes you sick IMO.

When the objective of running a football club is football and should be measured in football success, Hibs are not exactly in a position to criticise anyone.

bingo70
28-09-2014, 06:47 PM
I do think we'll click soon and start turning teams over the way they are, we've probably given them too much of a head start though.

Saying that, we just need the rangers to catch them then we'll have a good chance against them in a play off, assuming I'm right about us clicking soon of course.

28-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Sorry?? They've sorted their problems out properly?? Are you kidding me on?!! Give those cheating welts zero credit whatsoever. Absolute dregs of the earth who have walked away from £28 million worth of debt and some of them will tell you they are quite happy and proud to have shafted every man and there dog along the way...... And you say credit to them??? Count me out of that one heretoday.....

Agreed. Disgusting what that shower have gotten away with. Shafted so many people, small businesses and even charities ffs! yet here they are, let off scott free and back giving it the big I AM.

Albion Hibs
28-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Hertz are walking it at the moment, they are not just winning but beating teams comfortably and consistently. At the moment they are far more convincing than rangers, the deciding factor between the first may well be the depth of squad as injuries and suspensions kick in.

All make me feel a little sick, the arrogance among their fans will no doubt be at levels never seen before, prepare for a load of smug Jambo faces around town for the balance of the season.

Mikey09
28-09-2014, 07:02 PM
How was it they did that? Genuine question.

Did what??

Lost_Mackem
28-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Expect Rangers to eventually finish top of the table, Hearts to finish second and probably go up through the play offs.

Michael
28-09-2014, 07:08 PM
They look pretty good, no question. I think we'll get better...they'll probably finish ahead of us, but I reckon we'll close the gap a bit. Come February I predict that we'll be pushing for top 4 and they will be comfortably top 2. But, oh well.

IWasThere2016
28-09-2014, 07:12 PM
They've also got a shee ite manager and might go bust before the season is out. This League is there for the taking - Hearts realised this, we are blowing it.

If Hibs were properly run we'd be up there with the Arabs this year.

This 100%

Time For Heroes
28-09-2014, 07:15 PM
**** Hearts
That is all

TheFamous1875
28-09-2014, 07:17 PM
Thaim running away with it says a LOT more about us than it does about them.

CraigHibee
28-09-2014, 07:20 PM
We'll beat them in the play offs

next season?

HibbyAndy
28-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Hearts will win this league.. In the manner in which they will makes me pig sick, Cheating barstewards do prosper.

3pm
28-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Hearts will win this league.. In the manner in which they will makes me pig sick, Cheating barstewards do prosper.

No they won't.

HibbyAndy
28-09-2014, 07:48 PM
No they won't.

Yes they will.

3pm
28-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Yes they will.

We could go pantomime style and kick the arse out it! :0)

Let's just see.

AndyM_1875
28-09-2014, 07:52 PM

No they won't. Rangers will.
But Hearts will go up via the play off.

Ironic that the 2 worst offending teams who stiffed more creditors than any other clubs will be "back to normal" in a year. Meanwhile us, old prudence & sporting integrity, down in Leith will be battling Dunfermline & Dumbarton etc.

My irony-meter just broke.

HibbyAndy
28-09-2014, 07:56 PM
No they won't. Rangers will.
But Hearts will go up via the play off.

Ironic that the 2 worst offending teams who stiffed more creditors than any other clubs will be "back to normal" in a year. Meanwhile us, old prudence & sporting integrity, down in Leith will be battling Dunfermline & Dumbarton etc.

My irony-meter just broke.

Yep, And where has that got us?...

2 cheating *****!!! in the first division ARE going up in anyway you want :agree:

Hibs are in the 1st for a good year or so..Anyone that begs to differ needs a wee reality check...Hearts will finish 18 points plus ahead of hibs..Anyone want that bet??!!!

DH1875
28-09-2014, 07:56 PM
both us and hearts in the play offs with QOTS and Falkirk.

Could be wrong but I don't think that can happen :confused::dunno:

Danderhall Hibs
28-09-2014, 08:13 PM

2 cheating *****!!! in the first division ARE going up in anyway you want :agree:

Hibs are in the 1st for a good year or so..Anyone that begs to differ needs a wee reality check...Hearts will finish 18 points plus ahead of hibs..Anyone want that bet??!!!

They might finish 18 points ahead but they'll be in such a downer from not winning the league that we'll empty them in the playoffs.

After going on a winning run from March to May.

Then st Mirren will beat us.

weonlywon6-2
28-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Will pretending Hearts are rubbish make us better?

No love in from me but they are a decent team. How they have gone about things is questionable but what's done is done sadly.

They were torn apart by a basic celtic side a few days ago.
Rangers will win this league,jumbos just aint got what it takes
Imo of course

ekhibee
28-09-2014, 08:41 PM
They might finish 18 points ahead but they'll be in such a downer from not winning the league that we'll empty them in the playoffs.

For some reason, that really wouldn't surprise me at all.

Alfred E Newman
28-09-2014, 08:51 PM

Ah yes, the old "Hibs logic" strikes again.

Nando™
28-09-2014, 09:00 PM
People giving credit to a club that robbed millions upon millions from ordinary people.

Would these same people give credit to common thieves who have a ****load of money from selling the stuff they steal from the houses they burgle?

Judas Iscariot
28-09-2014, 09:13 PM
I'm bored of the "assumed" anger at Hearts for "cheating" etc..

It's not like they decided the punishment, if you can call it that, which was given to them..

As someone else hinted at, I'm more angry & fed up of the powers at be in Scottish football that have allowed them, The Rangers, Livingston etc to get into a position like that and return with relative ease..

Also annoyed and fed up with Hibs' most utter pathetic failure last season to capitalise on Hearts' situation & really push on and be Edinburgh's top side!

But... We ended up in a more embarrassing state then the perverts fi Gorgay

brog
28-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Possibly the worst thread ever on this board. Yams are playing with confidence & getting every break possible at present but it won't last. Anyone here think Dundee Utd will win league & Hamilton finish 2nd? If Yams won every game 7-0 & unearthed players of the quality of Messi I still wouldn't give them the time of day. F*** the Yams & as for the OP, LTYF!

Forza Fred
28-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Possibly the worst thread ever on this board. Yams are playing with confidence & getting every break possible at present but it won't last. Anyone here think Dundee Utd will win league & Hamilton finish 2nd? If Yams won every game 7-0 & unearthed players of the quality of Messi I still wouldn't give them the time of day. F*** the Yams & as for the OP, LTYF!

Second the launching call

Sir David Gray
28-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Hearts will win the league.

I've said it since day one and nothing I've seen so far has changed my mind.

NOLA
28-09-2014, 10:23 PM
hertz looking good, the dicks.

Ronniekirk
28-09-2014, 10:26 PM
People giving credit to a club that robbed millions upon millions from ordinary people.

Would these same people give credit to common thieves who have a ****load of money from selling the stuff they steal from the houses they burgle?

That ship has sailed ,so we need to deal with the here and now .And right now the league positions tell us they are the better team and by a long way . It serves no purpose now to dwell on the past we need to move on and deal with our own issues .The Target now has to be get into top four as soon as we can and stay there and prepare for a Play Off Place .In that sense the January Transfer window will need to be better utilised by us than them .
We don't look capable of beating anyone by 5. 0 so the fact they were taken tapart by Celtic counts for nothing in the Championship .They have proved they can bounce back in style .
I am now more interested what we do as we need to go on an unbeaten run .

they no longer have league cup to distract them and they have stated the league is Thier main focus .
They are backing that up with results . So we need to start dealing with the reality and start winning

Ronniekirk
28-09-2014, 10:34 PM
Hearts will win the league.

I've said it since day one and nothing I've seen so far has changed my mind.
I think they are in with a better chance than I first thought .its clear Rangers weren't able to bring in as many players as they would have liked .you won't be popular in making that statement ,but it's clear to anyone who is prepared to be objective that they are not going to go into free fall .They will drop points but equally they seem to be able to immediately bounce back .

Sir David Gray
28-09-2014, 10:46 PM

You're not comparing like for like here.

Dundee Utd and Hamilton are miles behind Celtic in terms of depth to their squad and the quality of their squad and it's only a matter of time before Celtic take top spot and run away with the title.

In the Championship, the only team that Hearts have to worry about in terms of a title challenge is Sevco and I don't think you can look at the two squads and say that Sevco are any stronger than Hearts.

I would obviously love to be wrong but my money would be on Hearts to win the league this year.

They're undefeated going into October and have averaged more than three goals per game so far in the league.

That's impressive by anyone's standards.

silverhibee
28-09-2014, 10:48 PM
F*** hertz, dirty tramps :yw:

SanFranHibs
28-09-2014, 10:49 PM

Yes, but don't worry.....once we get them on a level playing field. :faf:

God, I hate them!!

But I must not let it spoil my night....Just checked my birth certificate and not only am I over 16 but I believe I just found myself somewhere in the Old Testament so I am off to look at myself in the mirror.....

:boo hoo:

The_Horde
28-09-2014, 11:22 PM
I was at the game today.

The difference between hibs and hearts at the moment is Buaben and Gomis vs Craig and Robertson.

Buaben and Gomis dictate the tempo. Craig and Robertson pass the buck.

Once we get Allan and Mcgeouch playing and playing well we'll start dishing it to teams.

The only other thing we've been missing that hearts have is the belief and confidence that brings about a higher intensity.

I don't think hearts were great today. Livi absolutely gifted them at least 3 goals and they looked petrified from that start. They were also missing 4 regular starting defenders today and were playing midfielders at full back.

Hearts aren't as good as they think and it's about time someone gave them a leveller. As much as I'd love it to be hibs it'll be rangers.

QMU-1875
28-09-2014, 11:36 PM
People on this thread wetting the bed with the "hearts are fantastic" nonsense. Your an embarrasment and a large part of the malaise of this once proud football club. Self defeating self depreciating eejits to a man, get over yourself and support the club. If we face Hearts (or anyone) in a playoff I fully expect us (the fans)to be a large part of the reason why we will win that game. Sitting on here bad mouthing hibs whilst claiming they are Brazil isn't helping us it only feeds into the myth they creat about themselves. Admins please delete this utter embarrasment if a thread, ashamed to think some of the people posting this pro hearts nonsense follow our club.

Sir David Gray
28-09-2014, 11:43 PM
People on this thread wetting the bed with the "hearts are fantastic" nonsense. Your an embarrasment and a large part of the malaise of this once proud football club. Self defeating self depreciating eejits to a man, get over yourself and support the club. If we face Hearts (or anyone) in a playoff I fully expect us (the fans)to be a large part of the reason why we will win that game. Sitting on here bad mouthing hibs whilst claiming they are Brazil isn't helping us it only feeds into the myth they creat about themselves. Admins please delete this utter embarrasment if a thread, ashamed to think some of the people posting this pro hearts nonsense follow our club.

Behave yourself.

People are expressing an opinion. Whilst it might not be an opinion you agree with, you cannot say that it's without foundation.

To try and suggest that the people who believe Hearts will win the league this season are in any way to blame for the position we find ourselves in is just silly.

givescotlandfreedom
29-09-2014, 12:25 AM

Yep no 'fair play' about it.

GlasgowHibee
29-09-2014, 12:30 AM
;4184821']I was at the game today.

The difference between hibs and hearts at the moment is Buaben and Gomis vs Craig and Robertson.

Once we get Allan and Mcgeouch playing and playing well we'll start dishing it to teams.

The only other thing we've been missing that hearts have is the belief and confidence that brings about a higher intensity.

I don't think hearts were great today. Livi absolutely gifted them at least 3 goals and they looked petrified from that start. They were also missing 4 regular starting defenders today and were playing midfielders at full back.

Hearts aren't as good as they think and it's about time someone gave them a leveller. As much as I'd love it to be hibs it'll be rangers.

You didn't think Hearts were great today yet they still managed to win 5-0, that's the worrying thing.

Pete
29-09-2014, 03:09 AM
;4184821']I was at the game today.

Agree about Gomis and Prince being the difference on the park but the real difference has been the appointment of Levein. He's no mug and has added the experience they need in the correct areas to supplement their youngsters. Their "kids" are now battle hardened from last season and with the correct backing on the field and stability off it they are now showing what they can do. Their youngsters aren't world beaters but there are a higher than average quantity of decent players being produced which shows that they are doing something right at youth level.

It's as if we are the ones who have taken this relegation harder. On the face of it, they were the ones who suffered the bigger trauma but they knew their fate early, started the season on a high and kicked on with a decent squad of players. We suffered a devastating, unexpected relegation and have had to deal with getting rid of an infrastructure we had just put in place. They also changed their manager etc...but there has been more continuity. The contrast in our playing style is huge and it's as if we've undergone more of a change.
It's this contrast that is giving me hope though. The football is so much better and once we get it sorted out then we will be a force to be reckoned with. It might be too late to catch hearts or sevco but I wouldn't be writing us off and we'll have a big say in what happens. Hearts fans calling us useless don't see us play and I'm willing to bet that the majority of hibs fans who are totally dismissing our chances haven't seen much either.

As for those questioning the comments on this thread, this is a football forum and I don't see why we can't take off our green specs and look at things from an objective, purely footballing point of view. Maybe it's easier to give realistic assessments or compliments to others when you realise that things aren't quite as bad as everyone would have you believe when it comes to your own affairs. Relax.

GreenLake
29-09-2014, 04:07 AM
I admire the Hearts players and team for their start to the season as none of them have anything to do with the previous cheating by their past owners or the negligence of their supporters. They are doing a professional job as individuals and as a team. They do not need to feel any sense of shame or debt having no part in what transpired before. I hope we have good fair play against this team in our games and f*** what the supporter cheats or the Lithuanian duping owners think. Football is higher than cheats and Hearts players are football players too (except for a few ***** down the years! :greengrin).

How many teams that start off well with a burst of winning end up top of the league at the finish? I think they will falter and when they do it will get interesting because their self-entitled support and scamming owners anger will rise quicker than a Sow penalty.

Septimus
29-09-2014, 05:41 AM
Victory will be even sweeter when we next play them.

geordielad
29-09-2014, 05:58 AM

I think you should have a wee lie down and relax Nando as you seem to be getting a little bit hot under the collar lol

Carheenlea
29-09-2014, 06:24 AM
Behave yourself.

People are expressing an opinion. Whilst it might not be an opinion you agree with, you cannot say that it's without foundation.

To try and suggest that the people who believe Hearts will win the league this season are in any way to blame for the positionwe find ourselves in is just silly.
QMU is spot on. Sticking the boot into our beloved club at every opportunity whilst talking up our closest rivals - no wonder my time on Hibs.net now is used sparingly.

Gatecrasher
29-09-2014, 06:28 AM
QMU is spot on. Sticking the boot into our beloved club at every opportunity whilst talking up our closest rivals - no wonder my time on Hibs.net now is sparingly.

Our club deserves a boot in the baws from us, take a look at the league table ffs. Hearts are haven't lost yet and are hammering teams we struggle against. Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade and tell the truth.

timewilltell
29-09-2014, 06:37 AM

What utter nonsense!!!!

Probably been to more Hibs games than you've had hot dinners!

Hearts have had an excellent start to the season! We haven't.. Simple fact!
You might not like it but it's true!

Wake up and smell the coffee......!

timewilltell
29-09-2014, 06:42 AM

Jeez!
Nobody said Hearts are fantastic Ffs, I said they have started the season well.
Trust me, if you don't agree that Hearts have started better than us, how the ****** do you think we've started!!!!!

Steve20
29-09-2014, 06:44 AM

Hear it all the time and we very rarely do.

People wouldn't be having a go at Hibs if the club had actually bothered to take relegation seriously. Seem to be happy to spend another season in this league. Hearts have done everything to make sure their only down here for the one season.

Nando™
29-09-2014, 07:43 AM
I think you should have a wee lie down and relax Nando as you seem to be getting a little bit hot under the collar lol

Lololol top banter pmsl lmaoo

AndyM_1875
29-09-2014, 07:54 AM

I said from the off we were down for 2 years, Andy and that Rangers would win the league and that the puddle drinkers would take the play off.
I see no reason to change that opinion.

Hibs will just about get away with not going up this season.
Next year they'll get no such leeway. Failure to return to the top flight in 2016 will not be tolerated and shouldn't even be contemplated.

jacomo
29-09-2014, 09:02 AM
I said from the off we were down for 2 years, Andy and that Rangers would win the league and that the puddle drinkers would take the play off.

Next year they'll get no such leeway. Failure to return to the top flight in 2016 will not be tolerated and shouldn't even be contemplated.

Not sure we will 'get away' with not going up. This division will feel like a long, unpleasant hangover next year if we are still down here and the two Huns go back up.

Phil D. Rolls
29-09-2014, 09:04 AM
Its all about points on the board. They have done enough to win the league. Sure they'll have a blip, but I see a club that is focused on its objective, and has everyone pulling the same way.

Albanian Hibs
29-09-2014, 09:06 AM
**** the hearts

MrSmith
29-09-2014, 09:12 AM

Not good enough for me or any Hibs fan for that matter! Failure to be promoted at first time of asking will see an nearly empty stadium next season if still in the championship.

This is RP/STF last chance to get it right, can we still do witch hunts here?

Phil D. Rolls
29-09-2014, 09:15 AM
Not good enough for me or any Hibs fan for that matter! Failure to be promoted at first time of asking will see an nearly empty stadium next season if still in the championship.

95% of supporters agree.

Keith_M
29-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Maybe this Thread should be merged with this (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?290612-The-Touching-Cloth-Thread) one.

Seems to be the same subject....

Hibernia&Alba
29-09-2014, 09:43 AM
Shameless FC (both the Gorgie and Govan versions) will fight it out for automatic promotion, IMHO, and I don't care which of those two equally disgusting outfits gets it.

sh00byd00
29-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Do we have to finish at least 5th to make the play-offs? How does the actual play offs work? Is there a 4 team draw, then the 2 winners play off to meet an SPL team? Or is there 2 automatic promotion places, with the winner of the 4 team play off getting promoted?

In other words, it would be f'n hilarious if we finished 20 points behind Hearts and still managed promotion. Aye, we're ****, but that scenario would be sweeter in the long run. I still think Rangers will win the league.

Keith_M
29-09-2014, 10:16 AM
Do we have to finish at least 5th to make the play-offs? How does the actual play offs work? Is there a 4 team draw, then the 2 winners play off to meet an SPL team? Or is there 2 automatic promotion places, with the winner of the 4 team play off getting promoted?

In other words, it would be f'n hilarious if we finished 20 points behind Hearts and still managed promotion. Aye, we're ****, but that scenario would be sweeter in the long run. I still think Rangers will win the league.

The playofs are as follows.

1) 4th v 3rd
2) Winner of round 1 v 2nd
3) Winner of round 2 v 2nd bottom of Premier

All games home and away

brog
29-09-2014, 10:49 AM
What utter nonsense!!!!

Probably been to more Hibs games than you've had hot dinners!
Hearts have had an excellent start to the season! We haven't.. Simple fact!
You might not like it but it's true!

Wake up and smell the coffee......!

Given I saw my first Hibs game 60 years ago I very much doubt that & unfortunately, as some posters on here ( cue Fred ) can testify, I've had more than my fair share of hot dinners since. :wink:
I accept you're not a Yam but I really don't understand what possesses a Hibs fan to start a thread of this nature. IMO it can only be mischief making or stupidity, do you enjoy yet another thread which encourages Hibs fans to put the boot into our club? Oh, & read your own title, that's a lot stronger than " an excellent start ".
i agree 100% they've had an excellent start but they've also enjoyed considerable good fortune, they must have as no one at PBS is whining about their bad luck! At this point in time The Rangers remain favourites with the bookies, Yams are still odds against & we're 3rd favourites. That IMO is a far more realistic scenario than Yams running away with the league.

brog
29-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Given I saw my first Hibs game 60 years ago I very much doubt that & unfortunately, as some posters on here ( cue Fred ) can testify, I've had more than my fair share of hot dinners since. :wink:
I accept you're not a Yam but I really don't understand what possesses a Hibs fan to start a thread of this nature. IMO it can only be mischief making or stupidity, do you enjoy yet another thread which encourages Hibs fans to put the boot into our club? Oh, & read your own title, that's a lot stronger than " an excellent start ".
i agree 100% they've had an excellent start but they've also enjoyed considerable good fortune, they must have as no one at PBS is whining about their bad luck! At this point in time The Rangers remain favourites with the bookies, Yams are still odds against & we're 3rd favourites. That IMO is a far more realistic scenario than Yams running away with the league.

Actually I may take that comment back. These are a further 2 recent threads you've started. If you're really a Hibs fan then you're a perverse or masochistic one.

Hearts sell 12,000 Season Tickets
Pretty good effort to be honest. Fair play.....

No Heart..I want my club back
Bottlers......

Nice ground great training facilities and a team with

No heart
No bottle
No desire

......and very little skill.

AndyM_1875
29-09-2014, 11:02 AM

You're right it's not good enough but little about Hibs has been good enough since 2007.

I'm not sure that RP/STF will be an issue in a year's time TBH.
We can do witch hints if you like but the freakish presence of Rangers in the league
meant we would always struggle to go straight up.

Not sure we will 'get away' with not going up. This division will feel like a long, unpleasant hangover next year if we are still down here and the two Huns go back up.

It will I agree, but there will be no excuses next season.
Promotion to the top flight will simply have to happen.

brog
29-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Agree about Gomis and Prince being the difference on the park but the real difference has been the appointment of Levein. He's no mug and has added the experience they need in the correct areas to supplement their youngsters. Their "kids" are now battle hardened from last season and with the correct backing on the field and stability off it they are now showing what they can do. Their youngsters aren't world beaters but there are a higher than average quantity of decent players being produced which shows that they are doing something right at youth level.

It's as if we are the ones who have taken this relegation harder. On the face of it, they were the ones who suffered the bigger trauma but they knew their fate early, started the season on a high and kicked on with a decent squad of players. We suffered a devastating, unexpected relegation and have had to deal with getting rid of an infrastructure we had just put in place. They also changed their manager etc...but there has been more continuity. The contrast in our playing style is huge and it's as if we've undergone more of a change.
It's this contrast that is giving me hope though. The football is so much better and once we get it sorted out then we will be a force to be reckoned with. It might be too late to catch hearts or sevco but I wouldn't be writing us off and we'll have a big say in what happens. Hearts fans calling us useless don't see us play and I'm willing to bet that the majority of hibs fans who are totally dismissing our chances haven't seen much either.

As for those questioning the comments on this thread, this is a football forum and I don't see why we can't take off our green specs and look at things from an objective, purely footballing point of view. Maybe it's easier to give realistic assessments or compliments to others when you realise that things aren't quite as bad as everyone would have you believe when it comes to your own affairs. Relax.

Pretty much spot on IMO. Levein was effectively in place many months ago & the shape of the team is down to him. FWIW I think we have, on an individual basis, equally good players to Yams but we don't necessarily ( at present ) have as good a shape or structure. I think however that AS deserves immense credit for his courage in starting to reshape our team. We only had one holding midfielder at the club, a full international, yet he recognised this player was awful & emptied him.
My complaint about this thread is we already have the a***licking MSM exalting Yams at every opportunity, we really don't need Hibs fans starting threads doing the same.

emerald green
29-09-2014, 11:16 AM
This.

Makes you sick IMO.

:agree: 100%. Having to stand back and watch what's happened / happening at HOMFC is what is compounding an already intolerable situation and the hurt for many Hibs fans.

MWHIBBIES
29-09-2014, 11:22 AM
This.

Makes you sick IMO.Moral high ground isn't getting us very far tbh, they win games, we don't and right now that is all that matters.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-09-2014, 11:28 AM
I'm a bit jealous, not gonna lie.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-09-2014, 11:29 AM

:faf:

This gets said every time before we play them and we get pumped as per.

The_Horde
29-09-2014, 01:06 PM
You didn't think Hearts were great today yet they still managed to win 5-0, that's the worrying thing.

If I was a livi fan I'd be worried at how poor and scared my side looked. They pretty much gifted hearts the game. They didn't have to work for it at all.

JimBHibees
29-09-2014, 01:44 PM
I'm a bit jealous, not gonna lie.

Never jealous of them.

Nando™
29-09-2014, 01:55 PM
Moral high ground isn't getting us very far tbh, they win games, we don't and right now that is all that matters.

Yet we should never let them forget that their "success" was stolen and is invalid.

I've seen too many people ready to just forge what they have done and even wishing Hibs to act the same. This 'win at ANY cost' mentality is sickening and pressure should be put on the authorities to punish these ****my clubs with appropriate sanctions. 15 points is not enough.

The_Horde
29-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Lololol top banter pmsl lmaoo

Deary me.

Mikey09
29-09-2014, 02:39 PM
Yet we should never let them forget that their "success" was stolen and is invalid.

I've seen too many people ready to just forge what they have done and even wishing Hibs to act the same. This 'win at ANY cost' mentality is sickening and pressure should be put on the authorities to punish these ****my clubs with appropriate sanctions. 15 points is not enough.

Its incredible eh?? 15 point penalty?? Ha ha!! What does that work out as?? A point for every 1.8 million they robbed everyone of?? No wonder they are a bunch of smug toss pots.... And some on this thread want to give them credit!!! Bash on but count me right out of that....

Hibiza
29-09-2014, 02:42 PM
Perhaps wishful thinking but if we can stay close at the new year. :flag:

Pete
29-09-2014, 02:46 PM
:faf:

This gets said every time before we play them and we get pumped as per.

Get lost, eh?

Or do you mean "we" as in Liverpool?

jacomo
29-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Perhaps wishful thinking but if we can stay close at the new year. :flag:

I refuse to accept this campaign has gone. It's not even October yet! But we have made a very poor start, and the contrast to our neighbours is galling.

There's now little room for error but a nice run of wins (starting tonight) would help. Hearts will have a hiccup along the way.

Judas Iscariot
29-09-2014, 03:01 PM

Us banging on & on about them cheating and stealing from charities etc just gets laughed at by them now..

They don't care, nobody bar Hibs fans seem to care now either..

Pete
29-09-2014, 03:11 PM
Us banging on & on about them cheating and stealing from charities etc just gets laughed at by them now..

Who cares whether they care or not...it's the truth.

A lot of their victories were artificially funded and I'll be damned if anyone is going to make me feel guilty about considering that in the grand scheme of things.

Never let them forget. It's just banter after all.

Nando™
29-09-2014, 03:18 PM

Yup, and that's one of the reasons why football is totally ****ed.

hibbydog
29-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Moral high ground isn't getting us very far tbh, they win games, we don't and right now that is all that matters.

Agreed. Whilst we can say we paid our dues, didn't shaft any local charities or employ sex offenders, that lot can point towards cup wins and numerous humiliations of their rivals.

Cheating bas tards.

emerald green
29-09-2014, 05:57 PM
;4185183']If I was a livi fan I'd be worried at how poor and scared my side looked. They pretty much gifted hearts the game. They didn't have to work for it at all.

I wonder why they didn't look scared against Hibs? They didn't gift us anything either, apart from a flook goal from our keeper.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Get lost, eh?

Or do you mean "we" as in Liverpool?

No bother pal:hilarious

Atleast Liverpool get good results in derbies and play good football. Something "we" (Hibs) don't. :aok:

jgl07
29-09-2014, 08:40 PM
You think so!