PDA

View Full Version : Bernard Hopkins

Pretty Boy
27-09-2014, 09:21 PM
48 years old and just won yet another world title.

Total d1ckhead but what a fighter.

The_Exile
27-09-2014, 10:29 PM
Did you watch the Abraham v Smith fight PB? I've seen some repugnant scorecards in my time but all 3 scorecards are up there from that fight, utter disgrace. Boxing's my favourite sport, but I sometimes wonder what the point is sometimes.

Pretty Boy
27-09-2014, 10:30 PM
And then boxings ugly side shows itself in Germany with Paul Smith on the receiving end of an absolute farce of a decsion.

Pretty Boy
27-09-2014, 10:32 PM
Did you watch the Abraham v Smith fight PB? I've seen some repugnant scorecards in my time but all 3 scorecards are up there from that fight, utter disgrace. Boxing's my favourite sport, but I sometimes wonder what the point is sometimes.

Yep shocking.

I had it 115-113 Smith. Could even have accepted that the other way but 119-109? No chance. Abraham was finished from round 9 onwards. He looked at the big screen for the time left at least 4 times in the last 2 rounds. I half expected a draw to save Abrahams skin but my jaw just about hit the floor when I heard those scores.

Not the 1st time this has happened and won't be the last though. It's been really bad in Germany the last couple of years as well.

The_Exile
27-09-2014, 10:36 PM
He was blowing out his arse from the middle of the 8th. 10 round margin is beyond anything I've seen, can't think of a worse scorecard, I also had it by 2 to Smith. I'm gutted for Paul, that was a world class level performance. No wonder German fighters don't travel.

marinello59
27-09-2014, 10:38 PM
And then boxings ugly side shows itself in Germany with Paul Smith on the receiving end of an absolute farce of a decsion.

Not so sure he won but the margin on the scorecards? Wow

The_Exile
27-09-2014, 10:45 PM
Not so sure he won but the margin on the scorecards? Wow

Split decision or losing by 1 or 2 rounds I expected from the judges. Abraham was fighting in bursts, I like fighters to be busy and pressuring their opponent, probably why I had Smith winning. But yeah, 10 rounds from that judge, obscene. Did I hear on Sky right that that particular judge is barred in the US?

Scottie
28-09-2014, 06:15 PM

Disgraceful decision by the judges. The governing body should hold their heads in shame.

My only surprise was that Craig Thompson wasn't remotely involved in the the decision :rolleyes:

silverhibee
04-10-2014, 10:15 PM
Anyone watching tonights boxing, if the lad from Leeds get beat here there could be a riot.

Ricky Burns on just before this fight, won it but looked a poor Burns.

silverhibee
04-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Josh Warrington is certainly a lad to watch out for, he will pack out Elland Road if he gets the chance to fight there, great atmosphere from the Leeds crew.

Pretty Boy
05-10-2014, 10:02 AM
Burns looks shot. Looked ok in the 1st couple of rounds but huffed and puffed against a total journeyman.

Warrington looked very impressive.

silverhibee
05-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Burns looks shot. Looked ok in the 1st couple of rounds but huffed and puffed against a total journeyman.

Warrington looked very impressive.

Considering it was only a 8 round fight he really did struggle last night.

Pretty Boy
09-11-2014, 04:29 PM
Bit of a beating for Hopkins last night.

Took Kovalev the 12 rounds which considering he has never been beyond 8 before and Hopkins is 49 is no mean feat. Says he has no plans to retire either.