27-09-2014, 08:57 AM
Who?

Link?

eastmainsmsh
27-09-2014, 09:05 AM
BBC sport gossip Scotland section

Onceinawhile
27-09-2014, 09:13 AM
http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/person.asp?personId=127089146&privcapId=47371551

Mikey
27-09-2014, 09:14 AM
http://www.alliedworldwide.com/about-us/management-team.aspx

Viva_Palmeiras
27-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Call me an old skeptic but Even if I was the worlds greatest person for "thinking outside the box" I'd probably cringe seeing such management-babble written about me.

SMAXXA
27-09-2014, 09:21 AM
Maybe he could outsource us to the SPFL....that or the j league whatever's good

SMAXXA
27-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Call me an old skeptic but Even if I was the worlds greatest person for "thinking outside the box" I'd probably cringe seeing such management-babble written about me.

Id settle for folk thinking inside the box, look at the goals we are losing

J-C
27-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Is this not the guy Globalhibby that was on here before, pretty sure that's the name I was given at the time for who he was??

Ronniekirk
27-09-2014, 09:27 AM
He may have to do a lot of that if he is to out fox Tache and Farmer. love the phrase out source basically finding people in poorer countries to make the same product and pay them a pittance thus increasing profits .. Whatever he does the blurb was keen to point out its worldwide .
There isn't. Lot of info on him

NAE NOOKIE
27-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Bottom line ............... how much money has he got :dunno:

Mikey
27-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Is this not the guy Globalhibby that was on here before, pretty sure that's the name I was given at the time for who he was??

Yes.

Beefster
27-09-2014, 09:39 AM

http://personaltrainingfrankston.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/box.jpg

Hibernia&Alba
27-09-2014, 09:43 AM

He posted on here? Is he still a member?

CRAZYHIBBY
27-09-2014, 09:47 AM
Allied??.... if he knows as much about running a football club as he does about carpets then it might be a good move

Dr Jimmy
27-09-2014, 09:58 AM
love the phrase out source basically finding people in poorer countries to make the same product and pay them a pittance thus increasing profits ..

Or it could mean he out sources to somewhere with better skills, reduces his own overheads allowing him to maximise the return to his shareholders. Meaning if he does need capital going forward he would have no problem raising it???

There is nothing wrong in making money!

Persevere80
27-09-2014, 09:59 AM
The hibby with1 million up front and £200,000 every month after..... Who's with me guy?

Barney McGrew
27-09-2014, 10:05 AM
The hibby with1 million up front and £200,000 every month after..... Who's with me guy?

That's him. £1m up front and £20k a month IIRC. He's going to have to come up with a lot more than that to have a credible bid.

No surprise then that he suddenly appears again a couple of days after the SDS survey results became public.

Hibernia&Alba
27-09-2014, 10:11 AM
Or it could mean he out sources to somewhere with better skills, reduces his own overheads allowing him to maximise the return to his shareholders. Meaning if he does need capital going forward he would have no problem raising it???

Depends how it's made I suppose. And for as long as maximising shareholder dividend remains the only legal obligation companies have, their staff - those who do the work and make the profits - will have their terms and conditions eroded. Not that I'm suggesting the company mentioned in this thread acts immorally, it's a wider point. It would be nice if working people could get their share of the money made.

grunt
27-09-2014, 10:21 AM
http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Allied-Worldwide-Ltd/reviews

Dr Jimmy
27-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Depends how it's made I suppose. And for as long as maximising shareholder dividend remains the only legal obligation companies have, their staff - those who do the work and make the profits - will have their terms and conditions eroded. Not that I'm suggesting the company mentioned in this thread acts immorally, it's a wider point. It would be nice if working people could get their share of the money made.

I take your point, and I do believe if you treat staff with respect, pay them fairly, invest in their development and offer opportunities when available the company will reap the rewards. Although I still think people should earn their wages and not think they are entitled to them.

Let's not drag this into a political debate. Up the Tories! ;)

Hibernia&Alba
27-09-2014, 10:26 AM
i take your point, and i do believe if you treat staff with respect, pay them fairly, invest in their development and offer opportunities when available the company will reap the rewards. Although i still think people should earn their wages and not think they are entitled to them.

Let's not drag this into a political debate. up the tories! ;)

ltyf :-D

HIBERNIAN-0762
27-09-2014, 10:26 AM

Ouch!.......

grunt
27-09-2014, 10:29 AM
http://www.alliedworldwide.com/about-us/management-team.aspx
£12m turnover last accounts (December 2012), made a profit, paid a dividend.

Persevere80
27-09-2014, 10:59 AM
That's him. £1m up front and £20k a month IIRC. He's going to have to come up with a lot more than that to have a credible bid.

No surprise then that he suddenly appears again a couple of days after the SDS survey results became public.
20k sounds right bm.

My boss told me once that one complaint counts as 10 that never come forward with a complaint

Pretty Boy
27-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Yep, the one that got pelters for coming on here and offering a fund of a Million Pounds towards a takeover.

I vouched for him but refused to give his name....so I got pelters as well!!!

Can I just say to all those that doubted the guy, particularly those that were a bit cheeky to me...

GIRUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

Globals identity was about the worst kept secret on here.

I'm as cynical about his bid today as I was when he 'launched' it by posting on here.

Barney McGrew
27-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Yep, the one that got pelters for coming on here and offering a fund of a Million Pounds towards a takeover.

I vouched for him but refused to give his name....so I got pelters as well!!!

Can I just say to all those that doubted the guy, particularly those that were a bit cheeky to me...

GIRUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Theres a big difference between being mentioned in a small side article in one newspaper and having a credible bid/plan to buy the club.

I'd hang off on the GIRUYs for a wee while longer.

J-C
27-09-2014, 11:10 AM

I'm as cynical about his bid today as I was when he 'launched' it by posting on here.

I think his intentions on here were honourable, he was basically testing the waters by getting the feelings of a large group of the support, since then we've been relegated and a number of fan groups have arisen wanting some sort of supporter led takeover. It looks to me like he's seen the opportunity to now state his intentions and maybe gather all the groups together and make one large group to muster a takeover bid, all that's needed is say 3-4 businessmen with £1m each and the supporters adding the rest.

Keith_M
27-09-2014, 11:11 AM

TBH, I didn't intend my post to be taken entirely seriously (I've now removed it) :greengrin

I had a number of questions about the Bid that remain open as well, and I'm not entirely convnced he went the right way about it on here (althogh who knows what would be the best way), but I still think his intentions were good. I do believe he has the best interests of Hibs at heart.

I'd be all in favour of a bid where one or more businessmen put up part of a Bid and the rest came from a large number of Fans willing to buy a small number of shares each. As long as those Fans interests were represented on the Board, I feel that would be a decent way to have a takeover.

Pretty Boy
27-09-2014, 11:13 AM
I think his intentions on here were honourable, he was basically testing the waters by getting the feelings of a large group of the support, since then we've been relegated and a number of fan groups have arisen wanting some sort of supporter led takeover. It looks to me like he's seen the opportunity to now state his intentions nd maybe gather all the groups together and make one large group to muster a takeover bid, all that's needed is say 3-4 businessmen with £1m each and the supporters adding the rest.

Don't disagree.

But it's well early for the GIRUYs. I'll remain scpetical of any bid until it's properly presented and appears viable.

At the moment we have surveys, a lot of paper talk, meetings and one failed bid but not a lot else.

I want rid of Petrie and potentially STF as much as the next person but it has to be done properly with the right people. As of now no one has put their money where their mouth is.

Pretty Boy
27-09-2014, 11:14 AM
TBH, I didn't intend my post to be taken entirely seriously (I've now removed it) :greengrin

I had a number of questions about the Bid that remain open as well, and I'm not entirely convnced he went the right way about it on here (althogh who knows what would be the best way), but I still think his intentions were good. I do believe he has the best interests of Hibs at heart.

I'd be all in favour of a bid where one or more businessmen put up part of a Bid and the rest came from a large number of Fans willing to buy a small number of shares each. As long as those Fans interests were represented on the Board, I feel that would be a decent way to have a takeover.

:aok:

J-C
27-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Don't disagree.

But it's well early for the GIRUYs. I'll remain scpetical of any bid until it's properly presented and appears viable.

At the moment we have surveys, a lot of paper talk, meetings and one failed bid but not a lot else.

I want rid of Petrie and potentially STF as much as the next person but it has to be done properly with the right people. As of now no one has put their money where their mouth is.

Lets hope a consortium of businessmen and a fan based equity could be the way forward, all for one and one for all so to speak.

Iain G
27-09-2014, 11:16 AM
and I'm not entirely convnced he went the right way about it on here (althogh who knows what would be the best way),

I think most folks would say it was a slightly bizarre (and I'm probably being nice here!) way to test the appetite for a takeover of Hibs!

Beefster
27-09-2014, 11:28 AM
I think his intentions on here were honourable, he was basically testing the waters by getting the feelings of a large group of the support, since then we've been relegated and a number of fan groups have arisen wanting some sort of supporter led takeover. It looks to me like he's seen the opportunity to now state his intentions and maybe gather all the groups together and make one large group to muster a takeover bid, all that's needed is say 3-4 businessmen with £1m each and the supporters adding the rest.

I'm fairly certain that all of his posts came after our relegation.

Personally, I'm not sure how anyone can be 'considering a takeover bid' when they expect the support to fund a large part of it.

J-C
27-09-2014, 11:33 AM

Personally, I'm not sure how anyone can be 'considering a takeover bid' when they expect the support to fund a large part of it.

It may have been after, TBH I can't remember and I don't remember anyone mantioning a full fans takeover or even a large part of it. It looks like he's thrown his hat in the ring and it may be that a consortium could be the way forward with fans making up the odds, similar to the German teams. we'll just have to wait and see what transpires as we know absolutely nothing yet.

Mikey
27-09-2014, 11:39 AM

If there's going to be a high level of financial input from the support (in addition to normal ST sales) then it really has to be done on a Trust basis. Otherwise we're just going to have a situation where one person will own the club and the rest of us will have paid for it!

Regardless of how much discussion there is among the fans the final decision rests with one person and that's STF. We just have to trust him when he says that he'll only sell to someone who has the club's interests at heart.

And before anyone says it, yes I do know what state the club is in just now :wink: At the moment I'm neither for it or against it as there's virtually no info available.

Keith_M
27-09-2014, 11:41 AM
If there's going to be a high level of financial input from the support (in addition to normal ST sales) then it really has to be done on a Trust basis. Otherwise we're just going to have a situation where one person will own the club and the rest of us will have paid for it!

Regardless of how much discussion there is among the fans the final decision rests with one person and that's STF. We just have to trust him when he says that he'll only sell to someone who has the club's interests at heart.

And before anyone says it, yes I do know what state the club is in just now :wink: At the moment I'm neither for it or against it as there's virtually no info available.

:agree:

That would be my favoured option as well. I'd happily buy shares under such an arrangement.

jacomo
27-09-2014, 04:12 PM
I think most folks would say it was a slightly bizarre (and I'm probably being nice here!) way to test the appetite for a takeover of Hibs!

Amateurish in the extreme if you ask me. Throwing about eye-catching numbers without saying anything about the structure of the bid or how the ownership would be organised post-takeover.

I was sceptical then and remain so.

Phil D. Rolls
27-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Can he drive a submarine?

Crazyhorse
27-09-2014, 09:05 PM

The problem is Mikey this issue of trusting Farmer. I for one don't, the best you can say is that he has neglected the club that he owns for several years now, the worst you could say is that he has wilfully ignored the utter failure of his henchman leading to one disaster and humiliation after another.

Sorry mate but I really don't get this holding on to nurse for fear of something worse.

Eyrie
27-09-2014, 09:26 PM
The problem is Mikey this issue of trusting Farmer. I for one don't, the best you can say is that he has neglected the club that he owns for several years now, the worst you could say is that he has wilfully ignored the utter failure of his henchman leading to one disaster and humiliation after another.

Sorry mate but I really don't get this holding on to nurse for fear of something worse.

Equally you don't grab the first life raft that you see without checking if it's watertight.

kaimendhibs
28-09-2014, 04:24 AM
Equally you don't grab the first life raft that you see without checking if it's watertight.

You do if you are drowning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beefster
28-09-2014, 08:08 AM

Hearts and Rangers were drowning. We're not.

lucky
28-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Hearts and Rangers were drowning. We're not.

Yet both survived and are above us in the league and have beaten us again this season. STF did his bit for Hibs but the club is slowly edging towards the abyss. We need a change of direction and I don't think we can afford the luxury of ignoring a Hibs supporter willing to invest in the club. FFS there are loads on here that won't " invest" in a ST

Geo_1875
28-09-2014, 08:25 AM
There is a big difference between investing in the club and attempting to buy it below it's true value. It's all very well saying "I've got some money and some other people will put some in and we'll ask the support to give us some of their money, give us the club and all it's assets." We don't know how much they've got or how much STF will accept. I'd much rather people submitted proposals to STF in confidence and we heard when a successful bid was made. All we get is public negotiation which winds some of our "supporters" up no end.

rcarter1
28-09-2014, 08:41 AM
There is a big difference between investing in the club and attempting to buy it below it's true value. It's all very well saying "I've got some money and some other people will put some in and we'll ask the support to give us some of their money, give us the club and all it's assets." We don't know how much they've got or how much STF will accept. I'd much rather people submitted proposals to STF in confidence and we heard when a successful bid was made. All we get is public negotiation which winds some of our "supporters" up no end.

To be fair, if the success of the bid is dependant upon supporters pitching in, a deal can't be made behind closed doors. I would not want to let a viable opportunity go by because of uncertainty around the bid. There are only so many Hibs fans with disposable income of this magnitude. I would hope that our support is willing to give consideration to any serious proposal from someone willing to put in the sums discussed.

NW
28-09-2014, 08:51 AM

What is the true value? The question of price has been getting ask directly for over a year now and still no price is given. What is the value of a business high in debt and it's major asset with limited scope for change?

blackpoolhibs
28-09-2014, 09:31 AM
What is the true value? The question of price has been getting ask directly for over a year now and still no price is given. What is the value of a business high in debt and it's major asset with limited scope for change?

Now i have no idea if this guy has good intentions and has enough money or not, but can anyone who is going to the AGM and STF is there, could you ask him a couple of questions for me please?

Could you ask STF why he bought Hibs, and why we are such a basket case under his ownership? You could also throw in just what pleasure he gets from being our owner, and has he actively looked for new owners?

Phil D. Rolls
28-09-2014, 10:01 AM

I don't get this logic that anything other than Farmer is good for Hibs. Nobody is arguing that things are good enough, but to dig an even deeper hole is just insanity.

Phil D. Rolls
28-09-2014, 10:04 AM

Well it doesn't get less thought through than that. :brickwall

We're ****ed, we really are ****ed.

Kato
28-09-2014, 11:01 AM
why he bought Hibs

For the community. But even though the community is hurt, humiliated, apathetic, unentertained, bored and switching off he'd rather keep the cause of our situation in post long past his sell by date. Don't get it myself.

Eyrie
28-09-2014, 11:03 AM

As has been pointed out Huns RIP were sunk (sadly the flotsam of Sevco Huns survived) and the Yams are still bailing out the water. By comparison the Hibs ship is in decent condition but has no-one at the helm.

Beefster
28-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Yet both survived and are above us in the league and have beaten us again this season. STF did his bit for Hibs but the club is slowly edging towards the abyss. We need a change of direction and I don't think we can afford the luxury of ignoring a Hibs supporter willing to invest in the club. FFS there are loads on here that won't " invest" in a ST

I'm not sure of the relevance to my post. The point was about taking the first offer you get.

Things are pish but we're not in the position that we have to let the first random that comes along take the club.

Phil D. Rolls
28-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Allied??.... if he knows as much about running a football club as he does about carpets then it might be a good move

Anybody that can sail a submarine round the Baltic is good enough for me. Providing the public areas have carpets at greatly reduced prices.

(I see what you did there.)

Nice one Gordon Gecko

As has been pointed out Huns RIP were sunk (sadly the flotsam of Sevco Huns survived) and the Yams are still bailing out the water. By comparison the Hibs ship is in decent condition but has no-one at the helm.

For the Yams it was the only show in town, the alternative was to go bust. We are in a bad way, but we are not weeks away from liquidation. Yet some are willing to risk all on a model that hasn't been properly tested.

The lack of rational thought around here is worrying in the extreme. The logic seems to be that he's a top business guy, he didn't get where he is today, etc.

Our role is to cheer this guy on, and then pretend we had nothing to do with it when it goes pear shaped. Sorry, but I've seen this play in a different theatre, I've no reason to suspect the ending will be any different.

Keith_M
28-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Can't we just go with a Middle Ground, where we're a litle bit sceptical but willing to listen to his proposal (when it comes) with an open mind?

:dunno:

I don't really see why it has to be a choice between, "he's the new messiah" and, "he wants us to buy the club for him so he can asset strip".

Does DotNet really have to be so extreme, one way or the other?

matty_f
28-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Can't we just go with a Middle Ground, where we're a litle bit sceptical but willing to listen to his proposal (when it comes) with an open mind?

I don't really see why it has to be a choice between, "he's the new messiah" and, "he wants us to buy the club for him so he can asset strip".

It does if those are the only two choices you give us? :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
28-09-2014, 12:56 PM

From what I've seen, people want instant answers, and aren't thinking too deeply.

Keith_M
28-09-2014, 12:58 PM
It does if those are the only two choices you give us? :greengrin

I was kind of hoping people would select the first option, not one of the two extremes.

jacomo
28-09-2014, 01:53 PM
I don't get this logic that anything other than Farmer is good for Hibs. Nobody is arguing that things are good enough, but to dig an even deeper hole is just insanity.

:agree:

Bad as things are, they could be a lot worse under an unscrupulous owner. I take STF at his word that he would listen to any serious proposal that had best interests of Hibs at heart.

Mikey
28-09-2014, 02:32 PM

Some people are sceptical because of his posting style on here over the summer and the clear attempts of manipulation by his "supporters". But as the decision ultimately rest with STF I'd say that none of that was really necessary.

If he comes up with a viable plan I don't think STF will be hard to deal with.

smurf
28-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Speaking to a well known Edinburgh business man involved in trying to buy us I would suggest that Sir Tom is anything but easy to deal with....

Phil D. Rolls
28-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Speaking to a well known Edinburgh business man involved in trying to buy us I would suggest that Sir Tom is anything but easy to deal with....

I realise that you can't say who it is. However, maybe it says as much about them, their reputation, or the way they do business, as it does bout Farmer.

smurf
28-09-2014, 04:09 PM
I realise that you can't say who it is. However, maybe it says as much about them, their reputation, or the way they do business, as it does bout Farmer.

There were many involved...

jdships
28-09-2014, 04:23 PM

Knowing STF as I have for forty five + years both through business and socially this does not surprise me one little bit.
He is an astute business man who has always maintained he would never sell unless he was totally satisfied the name and the club Hibernian FC were being taken into in safe hands
I see nothing wrong in that

Be careful what you wish for !!

Baldy Foghorn
28-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Knowing STF as I have for forty five + years both through business and socially this does not surprise me one little bit.
He is an astute business man who has always maintained he would never sell unless he was totally satisfied the name and the club Hibernian FC were being taken into in safe hands

Yeah because it's been magnificent under his stewardship :rolleyes:

The Falcon
28-09-2014, 04:36 PM

Is that not basically what David Duff and Jim Gray did?

macd123
28-09-2014, 04:42 PM

I agree jd, we do have to be careful. Someone could easily come in and add some debt then do a sale and leaseback on the stadium and training ground to fund some new signings. It could work for a year or two but would cause big problems down the line.

HIBERNIAN-0762
28-09-2014, 05:42 PM

Astute? while a football team he owns flounders 2nd bottom of a pub league?

Colr
28-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Are we in safe hands at the moment? The club has never been lower.

HibbyAndy
28-09-2014, 07:52 PM

:hilarious

Oh believe me iv'e been careful for what iv'e wished for over the years but the numnuts in charge still remain.

Maybe you Should be careful what you wish/want for in the very near future.

pedroorange1875
28-09-2014, 08:33 PM

I agree that statement is true for a lot of his time involved with Hibs, but recent times have shown many major big businesses have missed the change curve very badly. Ignoring climate, trends and customer perception. Tom Farmer has gone beyond missing the curve, that time went long ago..I hope he does care about Hibs, because he needs to sell and he needs to realise this, he aint getting £20m. Businesses that miss the change curve often have to sell for nothing and even put money into the new venture. Thanks Tom, but its definately time to go, do all the due diligence you need but dont stall the change needed

jdships
28-09-2014, 09:49 PM
I was specifically answering the post re " Edinburgh Business Man" speaking with STF
Nothing to do with our present situation
On that matter I can assure you STF will not sell to any " Johnny come lately"
But if you lot are happy to sell out to the first lot that come along then joy be with you !!

Please do not accuse me of complacency or put words in my mouth as I have voiced my opinion to the man himself on more than one occasion and have called it a day on attending ER after 74 years man and by !!

RIP
28-09-2014, 09:49 PM
Rod has known Richard for several years. I can't say where things are between them but I hope he can be involved in the wider movement being set up at the moment. Born and brought up in Bonnington and very keen to put something back into his hometown club.

I've no doubt he looks back on his messageboard intervention as a bit of a brainstorm. Maybe we should cut him some slack as we had just been relegated. He wouldn't be the only Hibby whose heid was on back to front in that period - would he?

Crazyhorse
28-09-2014, 09:58 PM

You seem to be addressing me with that comment FDR. I don't think I'm saying what you seem to think I'm saying. But just to be clear sticking with a leader who leads you from one disaster and humiliation to another and refusing to consider any sort of change in case the replacement is worse seems to me to be insanity.

Not so long ago a successful season for HFC meant getting into Europe and winning a trophy. Little by little Farmer and the moustachioed turd have redefined success to mean watching garbage every week but not being relegated. Now it appears to mean maybe finishing in a play off place in the second division. What next? How low do we have to sink?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
28-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Rod has known Richard for several years. I can't say where things are between them but I hope he can be involved in the wider movement being set up at the moment. Born and brought up in Bonnington and very keen to put something back into his hometown club.

I've no doubt he looks back on his messageboard intervention as a bit of a brainstorm. Maybe we should cut him some slack as we had just been relegated. He wouldn't be the only Hibby whose heid was on back to front in that period - would he?

Knew Ian Skellett from Gibson st. Is Richard related?

sahib
28-09-2014, 10:09 PM
[QUOTE=smurf;4184480]There were many involved.

I think, on the whole, we have done alright with STF. We have training facilities and a reasonable stadium getting relegated is just part of the sport. I can't help but question the motives of anyone who would want to stick their own cash into a soccer club with no financial reward. None of these people sound so rich that it would be small change to them. My natural pessimism leads me to believe, that the chance of falling into the hands of a bunch of self serving petit bourgeoisie is very great.

Phil D. Rolls
29-09-2014, 08:33 AM
You seem to be addressing me with that comment FDR. I don't think I'm saying what you seem to think I'm saying. But just to be clear sticking with a leader who leads you from one disaster and humiliation to another and refusing to consider any sort of change in case the replacement is worse seems to me to be insanity.

Not so long ago a successful season for HFC meant getting into Europe and winning a trophy. Little by little Farmer and the moustachioed turd have redefined success to mean watching garbage every week but not being relegated. Now it appears to mean maybe finishing in a play off place in the second division. What next? How low do we have to sink?

I wasn't addressing it to you - there are lots of posts along the lines of "nothing could be worse". The fact is that they could be a lot worse.

That doesn't mean, don't change, it means be careful how you change. This guy Skellet may be the answer, but from what I've seen so far he's not.

He appears clueless, and probably penniless. Still, in the minds of many he will somehow metamorphose into the clubs saviour and restore "the glory days".

He's not helped by his supporters on here who play up his Hibiness and his working class roots. Lets look at what people are actually bringing to the party, instead of what we hope they'll bring.

But to many, his best qualification is that he isn't Farmer. The logic being:

Farmer = Humiliation + Stagnation
Skellet ≠ Farmer
∴ Skellet ≠ Humiliation + Stagnation

Sorry I need more proof, as the evidence I've seen so far suggests a man ready to manipulate supporters to put up the cash so he can get his hands on the clubs assets. It's not to say there isn't a solution to our problems, but it so far he's not proved its him.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So replacing an owner who doesn't put cash into the club, with one who doesn't have cash, seems a bit bonkers to me. Putting a guy in who is out of touch with supporters to replace a guy who is out of touch with supporters is tin foil round the head stuff. And trusting fans who haven't got a clue about business to make business decisions - touching.

Phil D. Rolls
29-09-2014, 08:35 AM

I think, on the whole, we have done alright with STF. We have training facilities and a reasonable stadium getting relegated is just part of the sport. I can't help but question the motives of anyone who would want to stick their own cash into a soccer club with no financial reward. None of these people sound so rich that it would be small change to them. My natural pessimism leads me to believe, that the chance of falling into the hands of a bunch of self serving petit bourgeoisie is very great.

This.

GreenOnions
29-09-2014, 09:31 AM

The description is a little over-dramatic for me but I think I see where you're coming from. As the most likely alternative to "petit bourgeoisie" might be "bourgeoisie" I reckon it's the "self-serving" part that is most relevant to us. I also believe that is what STF would be concerned about.

RIP
29-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Such a graceless post - where to start? :rolleyes:

This guy Skellet may be the answer, but from what I've seen so far he's not. He appears clueless, and probably penniless. The evidence I've seen so far suggests a man ready to manipulate supporters to put up the cash so he can get his hands on the clubs assets. It's not to say there isn't a solution to our problems, but it so far he's not proved its him.

Can I assume you are yet to meet Richard? Is he yet to share any details of his intentions? Yet from 'what you've seen' you are able to surmise that he is clueless, penniless, manipulative and an asset-stripper? Ever fancied a job as a lawyer?

Still, in the minds of many he will somehow metamorphose into the clubs saviour and restore "the glory days".

I've yet to meet a single supporter thinking along these lines. Maybe you just made that up to justify your argument?

He's not helped by his supporters on here who play up his Hibiness and his working class roots.

Are you confusing confirmation that he is a Hibs supporter with 'playing up his Hibiness'?

Insanity: So replacing an owner who doesn't put cash into the club, with one who doesn't have cash, seems a bit bonkers to me. Putting a guy in who is out of touch with supporters to replace a guy who is out of touch with supporters is tin foil round the head stuff.

So he doesn't have cash and he is out of touch with supporters? This in spite of Rod performing due diligence years ago and Richard attending several meetings in Edinburgh with fellow Hibs supporters

And trusting fans who haven't got a clue about business to make business decisions - touching.

We have scores of astute business people at Hibs who could play a part in a community ownership proposition. Still - please don't let me stop you characterising all your fellow supporters as clueless

With the prospect of forthcoming negotiations between the current owners and business/supporters groups these sort of petty attacks on potentially interested parties do not help our cause. As supporters we will get the chance to examine the credibility of prospective bid groups and individuals at public meetings. It is crucial that these people come under the microscope to avoid the failures we have seen at Rangers but should we not trust the expertise and judgement of Sir Tom Farmer, his representatives at Price Waterhouse Coopers and Rod Petrie to approve the status of any prospective parties?

Ungrounded character assasination of fellow Hibs fans on messageboards will not help our cause. A sense of balanced reasoning will

Gerard
29-09-2014, 12:36 PM

Can I assume you are yet to meet Richard? Is he yet to share any details of his intentions? Yet from 'what you've seen' you are able to surmise that he is clueless, penniless, manipulative and an asset-stripper? Ever fancied a job as a lawyer?

I've yet to meet a single supporter thinking along these lines. Maybe you just made that up to justify your argument?

Are you confusing confirmation that he is a Hibs supporter with 'playing up his Hibiness'?

So he doesn't have cash and he is out of touch with supporters? This in spite of Rod performing due diligence years ago and Richard attending several meetings in Edinburgh with fellow Hibs supporters

We have scores of astute business people at Hibs who could play a part in a community ownership proposition. Still - please don't let me stop you characterising all your fellow supporters as clueless

With the prospect of forthcoming negotiations between the current owners and business/supporters groups these sort of petty attacks on potentially interested parties do not help our cause. As supporters we will get the chance to examine the credibility of prospective bid groups and individuals at public meetings. It is crucial that these people come under the microscope to avoid the failures we have seen at Rangers but should we not trust the expertise and judgement of Sir Tom Farmer, his representatives at Price Waterhouse Coopers and Rod Petrie to approve the status of any prospective parties?

Ungrounded character assasination of fellow Hibs fans on messageboards will not help our cause. A sense of balanced reasoning will

:wink::top marks
When Hibs get sold there will be due dilligence done on the buyer or buyers. That is the normal procedure.

FranckSuzy
29-09-2014, 12:38 PM
:wink::top marks
If Hibs get sold there will be due dilligence done on the buyer or buyers. That is the normal procedure.

Fixed that for you :wink:

Keith_M
29-09-2014, 12:45 PM

:top marks

------------------------------

I wholeheartedly agree with those that say we shouldn't be willing to jump into bed with the first person that comes along. However, that doesn't mean it's OK to belitle someone making a proposal of helping the Club he loves without either knowing him or what he's proposing.

No, we don't yet know what all of his plans are (but I'm willing to give him time to make his plans known), but that is no reason to start calling him Clueless and comparing him to Shoeless Bob.

If I had enough money, I'd love to be able to buy Hibs, either alone or alongside fellow Fans. I dread to think what the reaction would be from some quarters though.

The Green Goblin
29-09-2014, 01:49 PM
I wasn't addressing it to you - there are lots of posts along the lines of "nothing could be worse". The fact is that they could be a lot worse.

That doesn't mean, don't change, it means be careful how you change. This guy Skellet may be the answer, but from what I've seen so far he's not.

He appears clueless, and probably penniless. Still, in the minds of many he will somehow metamorphose into the clubs saviour and restore "the glory days".

He's not helped by his supporters on here who play up his Hibiness and his working class roots. Lets look at what people are actually bringing to the party, instead of what we hope they'll bring.

But to many, his best qualification is that he isn't Farmer. The logic being:

Farmer = Humiliation + Stagnation
Skellet ≠ Farmer
∴ Skellet ≠ Humiliation + Stagnation

Sorry I need more proof, as the evidence I've seen so far suggests a man ready to manipulate supporters to put up the cash so he can get his hands on the clubs assets. It's not to say there isn't a solution to our problems, but it so far he's not proved its him.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So replacing an owner who doesn't put cash into the club, with one who doesn't have cash, seems a bit bonkers to me. Putting a guy in who is out of touch with supporters to replace a guy who is out of touch with supporters is tin foil round the head stuff. And trusting fans who haven't got a clue about business to make business decisions - touching.

I'm with you. I thought that through his posts on here, he showed his hand to some extent, and it wasn't nearly a strong enough one. There was a figure mentioned (1.9 M) then the question "hypothetically, how much would you put in?" was posed and that was about it. I also thought he got precious and huffy very quickly when challenged, was very evasive when asked fair questions and generally didn't come across at all well. Not at all. The fact that he ended up giving it the whole "thanks to some of the comments, I'm going to leave it and not invest" within a few days was one of the best episodes of throwing the toys out of the pram when someone didn't get their way that I have ever seen on here. Frankly, it was painful to watch. It seems he has his fans on here. That's fine. I just don't agree with them.

Keith_M
29-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Does anyone have a link to the original article online?

Phil D. Rolls
29-09-2014, 04:17 PM
OK, I'll take the criticisms on board. My criticisms are baseless, other than being a reflection of my perceptions. I'm entitled to be dubious about the man's ability to deliver, and I'm entitled to be wrong.

At the end of the day, I am still cynical, but I went OTT. Putting it more delicately, I remain to be convinced.

Keith_M
29-09-2014, 04:59 PM
OK, I'll take the criticisms on board. My criticisms are baseless, other than being a reflection of my perceptions. I'm entitled to be dubious about the man's ability to deliver, and I'm entitled to be wrong.

At the end of the day, I am still cynical, but I went OTT. Putting it more delicately, I remain to be convinced.

:thumbsup:

Me too, but you never know..........

RIP
29-09-2014, 06:08 PM

Courteous retraction PR. If only more supporters had been discerning when Craig White, Romanov, Massone or Mileson came calling.