PDA

View Full Version : Weekend ideas

IanM
27-09-2014, 07:42 AM
Monday night football works in England, always good to have something to watch after a wknd of sport but for some reason the idea has just never taken off up here.

Would have loved for the Hibs game to be even a half 12 kick off this afternoon rather than having to wait till Monday, find myself very bored even watching the Ryder Cup..

Is football not why Saturday's were invented?

I get the hands are tied but a Monday night??

Booooo

how's everyone else spending their wknds? I need some inspiration

Jack
27-09-2014, 07:47 AM
http://www.doorsopendays.org.uk/opendays/

Pretty Boy
27-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Ryder Cup this morning
Liverpool v Everton at 12
Pub for Ryder Cup this afternoon after a pit stop at the bookies
Home for dinner
Flicking between hurling final and Spanish football
Boxing
Bed

Tomorrow

Ryder Cup marathon

BroxburnHibee
27-09-2014, 07:49 AM
I'm having a day tidying up my tip of a back garden. Get the wood burner and bbq on.

Tomorrow it's golf beer and more golf :greengrin

IanM
27-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Ryder Cup this morning
Liverpool v Everton at 12
Pub for Ryder Cup this afternoon after a pit stop at the bookies
Home for dinner
Flicking between hurling final and Spanish football
Boxing
Bed

Would be pretty much my normal wknd, already read the racing post cover to cover but my problem being I'm trying to have two weeks off the beer.. This is day 7 and I'm about to fail

Pretty Boy
27-09-2014, 08:02 AM
Would be pretty much my normal wknd, already read the racing post cover to cover but my problem being I'm trying to have two weeks off the beer.. This is day 7 and I'm about to fail

Are you Edinburgh based?

Walk in the Pentlands? Few cracking walks up there ranging from an hour or 2 to a whole day if the fancy takes you.

Hibby_G
27-09-2014, 08:07 AM
Has griffiths signed for hibs

Pretty Boy
27-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Has griffiths signed for hibs

Nope. Doesn't look like he's going to either.

Hibby_G
27-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Nope. Doesn't look like he's going to either.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

DH1875
27-09-2014, 08:26 AM

Bit early for a beer is it not?

I'm at work till half 5 :(

stoneyburn hibs
27-09-2014, 08:44 AM
Just woke up and remembered I agreed (drink induced) to go to Ikea with the wife ffs.

The_Exile
27-09-2014, 08:53 AM
I'm having a day tidying up my tip of a back garden. Get the wood burner and bbq on.

Tomorrow it's golf beer and more golf :greengrin

That's my plan aswell BH, the last big tidy and cutting of grass before the winter hits. I'm on my 3rd week of no booze after glandular fever, docs told me a month but reckon I'll be sinking a couple today :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
27-09-2014, 09:02 AM
Just woke up and remembered I agreed (drink induced) to go to Ikea with the wife ffs.

Don't do it!! Road works means half an hour from the bypass to ikea

overdrive
27-09-2014, 09:03 AM

Never agree to that without receiving the bribe of a trip to the café for meatballs.

Ronniekirk
27-09-2014, 09:07 AM
Am down on the lovely Island of Arran (Scotland in Minature ) Weather sunny so outdoor walks and taking pictures of wildlife In thier natural habitat.otters seals Dolphins eagles and deer .Lots of nice pubs and restraunts .Plenty of golf courses but don't play so will watch bits of the Ryder Cup iWill finish reading the Goldfinch by Donna Tartt Will watch some football with the father in law.

For anyone who hasn't been to Arran would recommend it It's less than a n hour on ferry fromArdrossan . costly to take car across nearly 100 quid but prices are about to come down by nearly 50% so never a better time to explore the Island.

Aldo
27-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Walk with the eldest along the beach to Lower Largo but back in time for the Merseyside Derby.
Once that's finished watch the road cycling race on BBC2.
Then an early tea and out for the Arsenal Spurs game with tail end of Ryder Cup.

All with a few alcoholic beverages.

SMAXXA
27-09-2014, 09:17 AM
Haddington VS Blackburn juniors at 2:30 if you want your football fix, should be a good game.

Ronniekirk
27-09-2014, 09:19 AM
Walk with the eldest along the beach to Lower Largo but back in time for the Merseyside Derby.
Once that's finished watch the road cycling race on BBC2.
Then an early tea and out for the Arsenal Spurs game with tail end of Ryder Cup.

All with a few alcoholic beverages.

aldi Is lower the one with Robinson Crusoe statue or is that upper One has really nice hotel on harbour if I remember right

Aldo
27-09-2014, 09:30 AM
aldi Is lower the one with Robinson Crusoe statue or is that upper One has really nice hotel on harbour if I remember right

It's Lower Ronnie. The pub incidentally is called The Crusoe!!
Cracking day here along the coast.
Going to work up a thirst! :-)

There is a pub/hotel called The Upper Largo but that's went a wee bit down hill recently. Food has taken a wee turn for the worst IMHO.

Squealing pig
27-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Off to Edinburgh to see the sights why no , any excuse for a beer

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-09-2014, 09:38 AM
I spent the weekend in Brussels topped off with watching last nights game in Platform 5 (surprised at the number of Hibs fans in there) on the way home, thoroughly enjoyable.

Waxy
30-09-2014, 11:34 AM
Just read this. One of the worst things a man can agree to is going to ikea.Not only do you waste a day going you waste even more days building furniture items.

QMU-1875
30-09-2014, 11:38 AM
I spent the weekend in Brussels topped off with watching last nights game in Platform 5 (surprised at the number of Hibs fans in there) on the way home, thoroughly enjoyable.

Was in Platform 5 as well last night it was great, lots of hibs fans and the pub had a decent atmosphere considering its a "chain". Food is really good as well!

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Was in Platform 5 as well last night it was great, lots of hibs fans and the pub had a decent atmosphere considering its a "chain". Food is really good as well!

We were sitting at the first table on the left as you go through the door, the wee cockney boy with the flat cap on was beginning to get a bit tedious towards the end of the game, stating that I liked The Hammers wasnae my best move! :-)