PDA

View Full Version : Dnipro Appeal - Volunteers Needed for Turnstile Collection v Raith

StevieC
26-09-2014, 11:53 AM
The Dnipro Appeal has just completed numerous excursions and day trips for the kids in Dnipropetrovsk (update to follow) .. but it wouldn't have been possible without the support of the Hibernian community at our fundraising events.

We've been granted permission to do a turnstile collection at the Raith game on the 4th of October, but need around 25 volunteers to shake buckets for an hour or so before the game.

Are you able to help out?

Here is a previous update showing the sort of help that shaking a bucket will be able to provide for the orphaned children in Dnipropetrovsk ..

July Update 2014 (http://dniprokids.com/july-2014-update/)

MurrayfieldHibs
26-09-2014, 01:41 PM
HI Stevie,

I am up for this and will bring my 9 year old son along too. This is a fantastic charity to support. Please keep up the good work:thumbsup:

I will email you separately so we can sort out arrangements.

:flag:

jacomo
26-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Could you provide us with an update on the Dnipro appeal, and how the conflict is affecting things? I'm guessing that the situation is not good.

StevieC
26-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Could you provide us with an update on the Dnipro appeal, and how the conflict is affecting things? I'm guessing that the situation is not good.

I am just back from spending 2 weeks in the Ukraine, and some very interesting chats while I was out there.

A couple of really good updates went out this week on the sponsors mailing list. It takes a week or so before they are put onto the dniprokids.com website though

You are right, in so much as the situation is not good. We are trying not to let it affect the stuff we do for the kids, but it has disrupted some things logistically.

StevieC
27-09-2014, 09:31 PM
I will get an update put up on a separate thread tomorrow ..

.. in the meantime, still looking for volunteers to shake a bucket.

StevieC
29-09-2014, 02:03 PM
That's the September update now posted.

Have a read of the fantastic work that is done (some really good photos) ...

... and then get your name down to shake a bucket this Saturday. :wink:

Jay
29-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Scott and I will take a bucket each Stevie

Bad Habits
29-09-2014, 09:41 PM
Are you guys still after some kits? Im having a clear out and I'm going to get rid of a few old strips.

StevieC
30-09-2014, 12:57 PM
Are you guys still after some kits? Im having a clear out and I'm going to get rid of a few old strips.

Keep a hold of them just now, if thats okay.
We have the turnstile collection on Saturday, and the Charity Dinner a couple of weeks later, so the committee are pretty busy just now.

Bad Habits
30-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Keep a hold of them just now, if thats okay.
We have the turnstile collection on Saturday, and the Charity Dinner a couple of weeks later, so the committee are pretty busy just now.

No problem pal, give me a shout when you need them :agree: