PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: SUPPORT THE TEAM - BUT BE SAFE

RSS Bot
26-09-2014, 07:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4820)

Keith_M
26-09-2014, 07:33 AM
Pyrotechnics, just say NO!

:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
26-09-2014, 07:58 AM
No matter how much you think you love Hibs, always play safe and wear a condom.

ManBearPig
26-09-2014, 08:04 AM
this weeks fan mesaage brought to you by durex

Ronniekirk
26-09-2014, 08:07 AM
Does this merit an indefinite ban and season ticket removed from a 14 year old .Surely they could be engaged in some reeducation into the dangers and why hibs don't want to allow this activity ,and then if caught again then the indefinite ban etc
Some of the behaviour I witnessed at Ibrox earlier in season merited arrests but the police when eventually they could be bothered to respond to hibs fans complaints just mingled in with the youths causing the problem and didn't take any positive action ,as a result no one will be banned ,and those same morons will be there on Monday night throwing coins etc which is why I will be giving that game a wide berth

over the line
26-09-2014, 08:22 AM
I don't mind the smoke bombs so much, its the f****** with the Ribena cartons that really get my goat!!! ;):)

NAE NOOKIE
26-09-2014, 09:27 AM
Does this merit an indefinite ban and season ticket removed from a 14 year old .Surely they could be engaged in some reeducation into the dangers and why hibs don't want to allow this activity ,and then if caught again then the indefinite ban etc
Some of the behaviour I witnessed at Ibrox earlier in season merited arrests but the police when eventually they could be bothered to respond to hibs fans complaints just mingled in with the youths causing the problem and didn't take any positive action ,as a result no one will be banned ,and those same morons will be there on Monday night throwing coins etc which is why I will be giving that game a wide berth

I agree with this. It would be a shame to ban this kid, we all did daft things when we were that age. As you say re-education would be a better idea ... get him into the club for a chat with the club doctor about how fans with asthma or other problems can be affected, but make it clear its a last chance.

I actually thought this thread was going to be about our upcoming trip to Ibrox. The FTP section of their support now appear to have put the Saltire in the box marked Fenian anti British **** banners.
:saltireflag

hibbychick1
26-09-2014, 09:52 AM
we have been subject what they are like being next to them going off 3 times in the past season at away games and regardless of what they have and haven't got in them ! IMO there is no need for the pyrotechnic's at all at games, so I agree with direct action against those caught/involved, if the police take the case up to court then that's there prerogative as it's a law breach. As a club, we need to have clear boundaries of behaviour and rules, and this is one we need to stop.
What I also agree with is it that the indefinite ban at this time for a 14 year old is hefty, it should be the person (in this instance young person) does some work with police/fire or ER Health & safety staff about the risk's involved and depending on their response depends on the length of ban, but a minimum of a year in the first instance. A second instance lifelong, because it's a calculated action a second time.

How could we ever consider having alcohol at games, if we can't control or agree on this type of stuff being a straight "Not acceptable behaviour " !!

silverhibee
26-09-2014, 10:07 AM
we have been subject what they are like being next to them going off 3 times in the past season at away games and regardless of what they have and haven't got in them ! IMO there is no need for the pyrotechnic's at all at games, so I agree with direct action against those caught/involved, if the police take the case up to court then that's there prerogative as it's a law breach. As a club, we need to have clear boundaries of behaviour and rules, and this is one we need to stop.
What I also agree with is it that the indefinite ban at this time for a 14 year old is hefty, it should be the person (in this instance young person) does some work with police/fire or ER Health & safety staff about the risk's involved and depending on their response depends on the length of ban, but a minimum of a year in the first instance. A second instance lifelong, because it's a calculated action a second time.

How could we ever consider having alcohol at games, if we can't control or agree on this type of stuff being a straight "Not acceptable behaviour " !!

Why are the club only picking on this group in Section 43 for the smoke bombs, why are they not doing anything about standing at games, smoking in the toilets which has been going on for years, all health and safety matters in the ground, why are they turning a blind eye to certain things but not others.

Lets pick on the kids because there is some big guys in the toilets and we don't want hassle with them.

And will the club make sure we are safe on Monday night. Doubt it.

worcesterhibby
26-09-2014, 10:25 AM
Why are the club only picking on this group in Section 43 for the smoke bombs, why are they not doing anything about standing at games, smoking in the toilets which has been going on for years, all health and safety matters in the ground, why are they turning a blind eye to certain things but not others.

Lets pick on the kids because there is some big guys in the toilets and we don't want hassle with them.

And will the club make sure we are safe on Monday night. Doubt it.

Look, Hibs have received complaints from supporters about smoke bombs. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that someone could be badly injured (burned) or have a very serious asthma attack or other breathing difficulties because of a smoke bomb. It's not impossible that someone could die (unlikely, but possible). Police Scotland want this dealt with, so the club is honour bound to take a firm stance. If they didn't and someone was badly injured they could be liable. Smoking in the bog is annoying and anti social but it is unlikely to be the cause of a one off burning or asthma incident. One is like parking in the fast lane of a motorway, the other is like parking on a double yellow line.

The fact that fans are abused and assaulted at Ibrox is a completely unrelated matter and not something that Hibs are in control of directly. However, It would be nice to see LD making a statement about how unacceptable the club feel the behaviour of some Rangers fans is and asking for Police Scotland to explain why so little action is taken. If we see a re-occurance at the next match.

Jones28
26-09-2014, 10:34 AM
How did a 14 year old get hold of a smoke bomb? I struggled to get hold of a copy of Nuts or FHM at that age ffs

emerald green
26-09-2014, 10:35 AM
I agree smoke bombs can be dangerous, and there are good reasons for them not being allowed in or around football grounds.

However, I do think a lifetime ban for a first offence for a 14 year old is a wee bit OTT.

silverhibee
26-09-2014, 10:39 AM
Look, Hibs have received complaints from supporters about smoke bombs. It's not beyond the realms of possibility that someone could be badly injured (burned) or have a very serious asthma attack or other breathing difficulties because of a smoke bomb. It's not impossible that someone could die (unlikely, but possible). Police Scotland want this dealt with, so the club is honour bound to take a firm stance. If they didn't and someone was badly injured they could be liable. Smoking in the bog is annoying and anti social but it is unlikely to be the cause of a one off burning or asthma incident. One is like parking in the fast lane of a motorway, the other is like parking on a double yellow line.

The fact that fans are abused and assaulted at Ibrox is a completely unrelated matter and not something that Hibs are in control of directly. However, It would be nice to see LD making a statement about how unacceptable the club feel the behaviour of some Rangers fans is and asking for Police Scotland to explain why so little action is taken. If we see a re-occurance at the next match.

How do you get burnt from a smoke bomb.

Have you been in the toilets at HT in the East stand, more chance of someone getting in to difficulty with breathing problems if they have asthma down in the toilets where the smoke just lingers than a smoke bomb let of in the East where the smoke goes out the stadium.

What if someone throw's a lit fag in the buckets in the toilets and causes a fire.

blackpoolhibs
26-09-2014, 10:40 AM
I agree smoke bombs can be dangerous, and there are good reasons for them not being allowed in or around football grounds.

However, I do think a lifetime ban for a first offence for a 14 year old is a wee bit OTT.

Aye but he will probably thank the club in a few years time. :wink:

emerald green
26-09-2014, 10:44 AM
Aye but he will probably thank the club in a few years time. :wink:

:agree: :greengrin

Pretty Boy
26-09-2014, 11:03 AM
How do you get burnt from a smoke bomb.

Have you been in the toilets at HT in the East stand, more chance of someone getting in to difficulty with breathing problems if they have asthma down in the toilets where the smoke just lingers than a smoke bomb let of in the East where the smoke goes out the stadium.

What if someone throw's a lit fag in the buckets in the toilets and causes a fire.

I've always wondered why one of the exit doors couldn't be opened at half time to let folk out for a fag. Used to happen when the old main stand was still around so don't see why it can't happen now.

I'm an ex smoker so it doesn't affect me now but seems it would alleviate the problem you mention.

FranckSuzy
26-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Hibs could get the 14 year old to do some sort of community service in the stadium, instead of handing out a ban. An air rifle and the *guide 'Birds Which Should Be Exterminated' and he'd be helping us out.

*Disclaimer: I have an irrational hatred of birds but do not advocate killing them all....just seagulls, pigeons and crows :agree: :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
26-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Hibs could get the 14 year old to do some sort of community service in the stadium, instead of handing out a ban. An air rifle and the *guide 'Birds Which Should Be Exterminated' and he'd be helping us out.

*Disclaimer: I have an irrational hatred of birds but do not advocate killing them all....just seagulls, pigeons and crows :agree: :wink:

i only spotted two seagulls hovering about the east stand v cowdenbeath, it's not just the fans that are deserting the club in their droves, the seagulls just aren't interested either :(

HappyAsHellas
26-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Making an example of a 14 year old boy is way out of order, even if he did commit an illegal act. For a crime outside a football stadium he would be re educated or told to do some voluntary work in the community - in short, society would not try to alienate him, why should a football club be any different?
The EPL seem intent on making this issue a big deal with jail sentences being dished out for offenders, and it looks like we will be using the same draconian methods here as well. What a sad reflection on our society this is.
If we look at European leagues and their more liberal attitudes I think we look on in envy. The German highlight show last night showed every ground with lots of flags, bouncing fans and atmosphere. This is when club and fan involvement and communication is shown to be working. Yes they still have the occasional smoke bomb now and then which is largely ignored by UEFA unless it's a European tie.
We want more youngsters coming in to support the team and make some noise, actions like this will only drive them away. If he gets banned from ER, will his mates still come along, or stay away with him?

DarrenSQH
26-09-2014, 12:52 PM
I like smoke bombs. People need to man up and stop being so pc these days.

Pretty Boy
26-09-2014, 01:02 PM

I never get the over use of the term 'PC'.

What's politically correct about disliking smoke bombs?

CropleyWasGod
26-09-2014, 01:04 PM

"man up"?? :rolleyes:

The term "PC" has been hijacked these days as a negative term. For me, it means nothing other than "respect".

I'm happy that people, generally, have more respect now than at any other time in my life.

HappyAsHellas
26-09-2014, 01:18 PM
I am more bothered by the fact that we could potentially be expelling a possible source of revenue for the next 50 years by this action. If I recall correctly, one fan actually felt discomfort at this event, and whilst it can be argued that this is one fan too many, the punishment far exceeds the "crime" itself. If we as a club, and a generation of Hibs supporting adults don't complain, or try to do something constructive about this, then I think we have all failed.

cabbageandribs1875
26-09-2014, 02:32 PM
the 14 year old laddie should be educated, NOT banned for life fgs, and talking about educating...has that vile little yamboid been educated in regards to him doing his odious Nazi salute ?

Bishop Hibee
26-09-2014, 02:43 PM
The club have a lot more to bother about than smoke bombs.

DarrenSQH
26-09-2014, 02:48 PM
I never get the over use of the term 'PC'.

What's politically correct about disliking smoke bombs?

I was more meaning health and safety was over the top for me.

Phil D. Rolls
26-09-2014, 03:28 PM

I know lots of people who are now cripples because there was minimal H&S when they were younger. It's got its place.

Fact is life was much cheaper in the good old days. But banning the kid for life is OTT.

Scouse Hibee
26-09-2014, 04:28 PM
the 14 year old laddie should be educated, NOT banned for life fgs, and talking about educating...has that vile little yamboid been educated in regards to him doing his odious Nazi salute ?

He plead not guilty so trial date has been set for May next year.

O'Rourke3
26-09-2014, 05:22 PM
Hibs were likely to ban the culprit. The fact that that culprit is a 14 year old boy is irrelevant. If they don't ban him then what's to stop adults getting a friendly 14 year old boy to set their flare off and then claim precedent when that child looks like being banned. However the statement said indefinite ban. That suggests appeal or repeal at some point. Not a life ban.

CropleyWasGod
26-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Whilst going to the football is so much more sterile now than it's ever been, which in many ways is a shame, I prefer to know that I will be relatively safe.

cabbageandribs1875
26-09-2014, 05:56 PM
[/B]
He plead not guilty so trial date has been set for May next year.

ta :aok: will be interesting to see which incident gets the tougher punishment

Ronniekirk
26-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Hibs were likely to ban the culprit. The fact that that culprit is a 14 year old boy is irrelevant. If they don't ban him then what's to stop adults getting a friendly 14 year old boy to set their flare off and then claim precedent when that child looks like being banned. However the statement said indefinite ban. That suggests appeal or repeal at some point. Not a life ban.

Indefinite is Nebulous and not for any pre determined timescales.So Yep there is scope for Redemption presumably after any court case and an apology to person that complained .

jacomo
26-09-2014, 06:05 PM
Whilst going to the football is so much more sterile now than it's ever been, which in many ways is a shame, I prefer to know that I will be relatively safe.

The threat of draconian punishments makes smoke bombs less safe. Culprits are terrified of being identified, so set them off in the busiest section of the crowd, rather than away from other people. Discuss.

Ronniekirk
26-09-2014, 06:36 PM

Could of sworn I saw a few Vultures Hovering over Easter Road at the Cowdenbeath game but funny enough they seemed to disappear late in the game as we came from behind .

I didn't notice so many seagulls at Cowdenbeath game so maybe they didn't like the smell of smoke in the air from the pyrotechnics Iether :confused::ostrich::ostrich:

CropleyWasGod
26-09-2014, 06:38 PM
The threat of draconian punishments makes smoke bombs less safe. Culprits are terrified of being identified, so set them off in the busiest section of the crowd, rather than away from other people. Discuss.
Fair point.

I will stay away from the busiest section then. I do like to sleep in peace :)