PDA

View Full Version : Liam Craig

cameronw-hfc
24-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Thought he was a contender for Motm last night :duck:, needs to be deployed higher up or in the middle of a 3. Very good work rate, put himself about and a couple nice passes and touches, especially when he ripped the two boys in the second half and shot from just about inside the center circle, despite the woeful shot. Gray was also terrific along with Hanlon and Fontaine, Forster will make a few mistakes a game, but also has a few great tackles a game, but all down to inexperience. Oxley made a terrific 1 v 1 save at 0-0. 1 complaint is that if Cummings is playing with Malonga, it needs to be as a second striker, as when he's played next to him, due to Malonga not working too hard he does all Malonga's running so when he gets the ball he's shattered himself. Very impressed though, and was a great first away trip for me! Well done to the rest of the guys who made it up, and for the guys who done the Conga, made my night :not worth

snedzuk
25-09-2014, 12:41 AM
Thought he was a contender for Motm last night :duck:, needs to be deployed higher up or in the middle of a 3. Very good work rate, put himself about and a couple nice passes and touches, especially when he ripped the two boys in the second half and shot from just about inside the center circle, despite the woeful shot. Gray was also terrific along with Hanlon and Fontaine, Forster will make a few mistakes a game, but also has a few great tackles a game, but all down to inexperience. Oxley made a terrific 1 v 1 save at 0-0. 1 complaint is that if Cummings is playing with Malonga, it needs to be as a second striker, as when he's played next to him, due to Malonga not working too hard he does all Malonga's running so when he gets the ball he's shattered himself. Very impressed though, and was a great first away trip for me! Well done to the rest of the guys who made it up, and for the guys who done the Conga, made my night :not worth

Just to clear up the conga that was as in 'lets all do the conga, dominique malonga, na na na na hey na na na na hey' etc.

California-Hibs
25-09-2014, 12:51 AM
I've said it many times before on here. With the amount of way over the top abuse on here, we're in danger of forcing a very decent player out of Easter Road!

People have very short memories as to how well he started his career for us. He has it in his locker and with confidence it'll come back.

southern hibby
25-09-2014, 06:09 AM
To me his best game this season was against the newest team I'n Scotland at ibrox. Thought he was outstanding that day. Played well against County but did give the ball away a few times with terrible attempted passes.

He does need confidence and I think his performance against county might give him a solid platform to play well again on Monday night, however if he gives the ball away that cheaply I can see The Rangers causing us more problems with their Strikers than county.

GGTTH

erin-go-bragh87
25-09-2014, 08:39 AM

Liam Craig gave the ball away every time he got it other than the cross for the goal. He was dreadful. Your either a jambo at the wind up or you're Liam Craig.

IFONLY
25-09-2014, 08:51 AM
Liam Craig gave the ball away every time he got it other than the cross for the goal. He was dreadful. Your either a jambo at the wind up or you're Liam Craig.

Give the guy a break, Craig had a great game IMO, he didn't give the ball away every time.....that is just a figment of your imagination. By all means slag him when he deserves it if that floats your boat but cut him a bit of slack when he puts in a performance.

erin-go-bragh87
25-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Give the guy a break, Craig had a great game IMO, he didn't give the ball away every time.....that is just a figment of your imagination. By all means slag him when he deserves it if that floats your boat but cut him a bit of slack when he puts in a performance.

All about opinions eh. I was there on Tuesday and really thought he had a bad game. Passes going out for throw ins and balls bouncing off him to County players. That last line if my reply was my attempt at humour. Apologies if I've annoyed the op!

HappyAsHellas
25-09-2014, 09:01 AM
He was dropped because of poor performances, so the next few selections should tell us what AS thinks.
I'll go with his judgement.

Winston Ingram
25-09-2014, 09:34 AM
It's an absolute cert that if he plays deeper he'll be honking.

He or Robertson aren't holding midfield players. They don't have the composure or discipline.

GreenLake
25-09-2014, 01:46 PM
The occasional good game is far from good enough.

TheFamous1875
25-09-2014, 03:27 PM
So, just for the record: was he or was he not played further up the field? That's the only place I would have him in the team. He's not fast enough to play on either wing and just forget about being in the engine room...

SkintHibby
25-09-2014, 04:25 PM
Liam Craig never has, or ever will be a decent footballer.

truehibernian
25-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Still wouldn't have him in the side - too slow, too one paced, very few incisive runs and offers no penetration in the final third. One of many Fenlon signings last year that turned us into an extremely dour side to watch.

Who would you rather have - Liam Craig or Johnny Hayes/Aaron Doran ?

WeeRussell
25-09-2014, 04:29 PM

Depends on how you define a "decent footballer". If your definition is remotely like most others then you are talking 100% nonsense, in my opinion.

Diclonius
25-09-2014, 04:32 PM

Why was he a regular in a team that consistently finished above us then?

Smartie
25-09-2014, 04:51 PM
When we played Falkirk earlier this season I thought he had a decent game. What was noticeable though was that when he did something decent there was barely a murmur around the ground whereas when he did something wrong there was generally meltdown.

It goes with the territory for a centre-mid - they're not going to get it right every pass and tackle right and we're going to need to cut them a bit of slack sometimes when things don't come off, although when those things are punished by goals (see Robertson's multiple costly gaffes this season) then questions have to be answered.

He's clearly a decent player - see his previous form at St Johnstone and early form last season for that. But it's interesting how different people's opinions of his performances can be.

Hermit Crab
25-09-2014, 05:00 PM

That, sir is utter pish.

munchar
25-09-2014, 05:56 PM

Were you not happy when he signed for us?
Liam Craig is a goal scoring midfielder. I can't recall him ever running the midfield at St. Johnstone, but I did notice he was always involved in things in and around the box. I don't think he is a playmaker, so why he is being played that way baffles me. To get the best out of him, play him where he is most effective. IMO, that is in behind the front 2. Linking up & getting on the end of things. I'm sure that was his role at Saints. Pre season against Vale of Leithen, (I know they're not the greatest to judge on),he came on at half time and played behind the front 2. Scored, had an assist, and a few other chances. Looked really good, then at Berwick, he was picking the ball up of the sweeper and trying to be creative. It didn't work.
I think if he had a run of games in his favoured position we might see a decent player.
Only my opinion though. :dunno:

Tom Hart RIP
25-09-2014, 06:06 PM
In 5 years at St Johnstone LC was top scorer twice and joint top scorer once.
Going through a bad spell at the moment but he is a decent player and a good professional.

Sir David Gray
25-09-2014, 06:09 PM

Absolute nonsense.

Jonnyboy
26-09-2014, 08:52 AM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-has-been-great-even-if-he-did-drop-me-1-3552564

GreenOnions
26-09-2014, 11:22 AM

:rolleyes: Get a grip SH. Do you face the pitch when you attend games?

Scottie
26-09-2014, 11:42 AM
:rolleyes: Get a grip SH. Do you face the pitch when you attend games?

:faf: :hahaha:

The Leith Dutch
26-09-2014, 07:38 PM
His time at St Johnstone and the early part of his time at Hibs would suggest he's a decent player.

That said - he's had some shocking games for us recently albeit possibly related to not being played in the correct position or playing in a poor team lacking confidence.

Where I do have an issue with him is his tendency to go missing in games and the fact that the only thing he offers in the role of Captain is that he happens to have an arm.

His own confidence seems very, very fragile which unfortunately means either he needs to have a run of consistently good performances to get the crowd off his back or he needs to be moved on.

Alfred E Newman
26-09-2014, 09:08 PM

What a ridiculous statement.

Torto7062
26-09-2014, 09:53 PM
In 5 years at St Johnstone LC was top scorer twice and joint top scorer once.
Going through a bad spell at the moment but he is a decent player and a good professional.
granted he's had a few howlers but Fenlon and Butcher played him wide...ffs he's best behind a front 2

GreenLake
27-09-2014, 02:43 PM
If Jack Jarvis from "Still Game"had played football when he was younger he would have been Liam Craig.

My_Wife_Camille
28-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Didnt rate him at St Johnstone and rate him even lower at Hibs. At his best he's only ever been a bog standard, middle of the road SPL player but the majority of the time he's been a rank rotten, hoofball bottle merchant and an absolute disgrace of a captain.

He wasn't as bad on Tuesday as he usually is, but he was still horrible to watch for the most part. Should have gone along with McGivern, Collins and Vine.

The sooner he leave Hibernian for good the better.