PDA

View Full Version : How come Hearts never make they mistakes against us?

munchar
24-09-2014, 08:36 PM
I know our defending has been shocking, but nowhere near as bad as THEM tonight. But why do they never put a foot wrong against us? If there's ever a mistake/s in a derby, you can guarantee it will be us that makes them. Is it because they are so up for it that their concentration levels are superior to ours, or do we just bottle it all the time?

DC_Hibs
24-09-2014, 08:37 PM
I know our defending has been shocking, but nowhere near as bad as THEM tonight. But why do they never put a foot wrong against us? If there's ever a mistake/s in a derby, you can guarantee it will be us that makes them. Is it because they are so up for it that their concentration levels are superior to ours, or do we just bottle it all the time?

That you Boaby?

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-09-2014, 09:31 PM
That Turkish boy at the back looks absolutely rotten

munchar
24-09-2014, 09:41 PM
That Turkish boy at the back looks absolutely rotten

Probably be man of the match against us! :confused:

Michael
24-09-2014, 09:44 PM
They do. We're just beyond crap.

Bostonhibby
24-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Its a wee team mentality thing :wink:, all they ever want to do is beat us.

NadeAteMyLunch!
24-09-2014, 10:07 PM
Probably be man of the match against us! :confused:

Might even manage to score two headers against us like that freak Patterson. What was going on with his facial hair tonight by the way?! WOW!lol

Pray4Marc
24-09-2014, 10:46 PM
A month ago Sow was better than Ibrahimovic.

Hermit Crab
24-09-2014, 11:04 PM
Lytfrndj

hibees 7062
24-09-2014, 11:04 PM
Might even manage to score two headers against us like that freak Patterson. What was going on with his facial hair tonight by the way?! WOW!lol

And the heed hair

monktonharp
24-09-2014, 11:07 PM
they aint as good as portrayed. things will catch up on them. WE could have won in the cup game at Ibrox. WE could have won at tynie. THEY were pish tonight, and bottled it with chances they had. all it takes is a few wee hard luck breaks. they are not away over the hill and out of sight. we are in the next round, they are not. we'll see come Christmas how it develops imho.

Unseen work
25-09-2014, 12:05 AM
The majority of teams in this league will go on a good/undefeated run in the league. It just so happens hearts is at the start to it makes it looks like they're going to run away with it. Works out better for hibs as we will creep up as no one expects nothing from us now

munchar
25-09-2014, 06:06 AM
The majority of teams in this league will go on a good/undefeated run in the league. It just so happens hearts is at the start to it makes it looks like they're going to run away with it. Works out better for hibs as we will creep up as no one expects nothing from us now

I hope your right mate, but I can't see Hearts falling away. If as expected The Rangers win the league, it will be in our own hands to stop them going up. A small bit redemption for "that" game. If we are going to make any sort of challenge we need to go on said run immediately. We are not getting outplayed by anybody, and been unlucky, (also 2 defeats on astro where everyone will find it hard), but need to get the defence sorted out & hopefully get Sparky in permanently. Be great if we could win the league and watch the 2 cheating beggars fight it out in the play offs. I think play offs is best we can hope for though.

CRAZYHIBBY
25-09-2014, 06:25 AM
From what ive noticed is that hearts tend to let us come at them thinking we are on top then hit us with a sucker punch. They know that as soon as they score our heads will go down and our confidence goes for an early bath

oramhibee
25-09-2014, 06:31 AM
And the heed hair

At the last derby, sky caught him on camera sitting on the bench wearing glasses...

Hibs Class
25-09-2014, 06:54 AM

Any evidence to support this? Have Hearts ever gone on a good/unbeaten run before someone unexpectedly crept up on them?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-09-2014, 06:57 AM
Hearts are amazing, remember? :hilarious

HIBERNIAN-0762
25-09-2014, 07:17 AM
Its a wee team mentality thing :wink:, all they ever want to do is beat us.

This..I've said it for years as long as they beat us they are quite happy, I feel their bubble is bursting...:agree:

Bristolhibby
25-09-2014, 07:23 AM
From what ive noticed is that hearts tend to let us come at them thinking we are on top then hit us with a sucker punch. They know that as soon as they score our heads will go down and our confidence goes for an early bath

So true, how many times have we been battering them solidly for a good period of time to be evicierated by a quick against the run of play break.

Too often to think about. Then again, that could just as easily be down to strikers not taking their chances or just being generally ****.

J

Kato
25-09-2014, 07:26 AM

Skillful players with a physical presence and some character would help in forcing them to make errors.

hibeesjoe
25-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Hibs bogey team. Every team has one.

Ronniekirk
25-09-2014, 08:48 AM
This..I've said it for years as long as they beat us they are quite happy, I feel their bubble is bursting...:agree:
Let's see how they cope with three games in a week .,they have Livi away I think , so would need them to drop points in this one to give some credence to your assertion They will drop points but at this stage I don't see them losing a couple on the bounce .They will strenthen again in January I have no doubt about that so we need to have closed the gap by then

number9dream
25-09-2014, 09:08 AM

Because we don't ever have Hearts under incessant pressure with high tempo pressing and quality deliveries from out wide. Izaguirre was whipping in some fantastic crosses and that lad Brown looked pretty useful in midfield...

Phil D. Rolls
25-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Any evidence to support this? Have Hearts ever gone on a good/unbeaten run before someone unexpectedly crept up on them?

Got me scratching my head there. The old memory must be playing tricks, as the only scenario I can picture is one out of the realms of fantasy.

majorhibs
25-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Got me scratching my head there. The old memory must be playing tricks, as the only scenario I can picture is one out of the realms of fantasy.

Fantastic, Kiddo.

jdships
25-09-2014, 09:36 AM

Pressure was put on the two central defenders AT PACE and that caused problems all over the last third of the park
Plus Celtic had the quality where it mattered in midfield

Entertaining game to watch !!

Hibernia&Alba
25-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Sadly, we have been second best in the derby for far too long, as we've bottled it on too many occasions. It's been a long time since I've felt confident of victory against Shameless FC going into a derby. A combination of our lack of character on the pitch, their team containing players they couldn't afford in recent years, and the likes of Craig Thomson have made the derby unpleasant viewing; and yes I'm bitter about it :-D

Phil D. Rolls
25-09-2014, 12:11 PM
They make these mistakes against us, it's just that we're too crap to punish them. Simples!

Unseen work
25-09-2014, 12:21 PM

What sort of evidence are you looking for? It's my opinion as I think every team is capable of beating each other in this league, hearts have had a good start but they have a young team and not a lot of quality outside there starting 11 which will come into play over the season

Phil D. Rolls
25-09-2014, 12:31 PM
What sort of evidence are you looking for? It's my opinion as I think every team is capable of beating each other in this league, hearts have had a good start but they have a young team and not a lot of quality outside there starting 11 which will come into play over the season

*cough* Dens Park

marti1875
25-09-2014, 12:50 PM
It's weird as the couple of guys on here saying LTYF and that the OP must be a Yam.....as last night i said to my old boy almost the same thing as the OP!

After the 3rd went in i laughed and said to my old boy, how do they seem to make all these **** ups against teams yet never seem to do it against us as we never seem to get those sort of breaks against them which he agreed.

Now after reading this thread i better tell him that by a couple of people's posts here that he cannae really be a Hibby at all for having the same opinion as the OP, and that he's really been a Yam for 75yrs and i for 40yrs!! Just shows you eh? :na na:

munchar
25-09-2014, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=marti1875;4182373]It's weird as the couple of guys on here saying LTYF and that the OP must be a Yam.....as last night i said to my old boy almost the same thing as the OP!

After the 3rd went in i laughed and said to my old boy, how do they seem to make all these **** ups against teams yet never seem to do it against us as we never seem to get those sort of breaks against them which he agreed.

Now after reading this thread i better tell him that by a couple of people's posts here that he cannae really be a Hibby at all for having the same opinion as the OP, and that he's really been a Yam for 75yrs and i for 40yrs!! Just shows you eh? :na na:[/

lol
I don't understand what I've said in my post that's Yamish? :confused:

truehibernian
25-09-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm more concerned they played Errol Flynn at right back last night - what on earth is going on with Paterson ? Atrocious 'Hearts class' hair and facial growth.

munchar
25-09-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm more concerned they played Errol Flynn at right back last night - what on earth is going on with Paterson ? Atrocious 'Hearts class' hair and facial growth.

Haha
Maybe he's trying to blend in with their reprobate supporters.
Have you ever seen a handsome Yam?:jamboclow

MSK
25-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Haha
Maybe he's trying to blend in with their reprobate supporters.
Have you ever seen a handsome Yam?:jamboclowStrugglin ...13541

munchar
25-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Strugglin ...13541

Lol. I've got a few crackers on my phone but I don't know how to upload onto this site??

Gus Fring
25-09-2014, 07:00 PM
To anyone who thinks Hearts players don't make mistakes against Hibs must never have heard of Zaliukas. He was either anonymous, sent off or scoring own goals.

jacomo
26-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Lol. I've got a few crackers on my phone but I don't know how to upload onto this site??

What you do in the privacy of your own home is your business, but please keep your weirdo perversions to yourself!

:greengrin

marti1875
26-09-2014, 05:17 PM
To anyone who thinks Hearts players don't make mistakes against Hibs must never have heard of Zaliukas. He was either anonymous, sent off or scoring own goals.

Whilst i also thought this about Zaliukas too but it's a bit of a myth really.
On looking at it, 1 sending off against us and 2 OG's, and he was there for years, guessing about 7. I wouldn't say being annonymous amounts to making ridiculous errors that lead to the goals they seem to give away to everyone else, and the game the other night being a prime example, the OG especially just would neve rhappen in our favour.

I'd love for them to do those **** ups against us but for some reason they seem to save most of them for others.

FinlayHibs
26-09-2014, 07:10 PM

Pmsl what chance has our left midfielder Got going toe to to toe with errol Flynn Without laughing his c@@@ off !!!

Diclonius
26-09-2014, 07:56 PM

Zaliukas when paired with Webster shut us down in countless derbies.

Borderhibbie76
28-09-2014, 03:58 PM
We can laugh all we want but thats them blowing Livi away this aft...disgusting we r so far behing them after the events of last season! !

GlasgowHibee
28-09-2014, 04:03 PM
We can laugh all we want but thats them blowing Livi away this aft...disgusting we r so far behing them after the events of last season! !

What? :rolleyes:

QMU-1875
28-09-2014, 04:05 PM

Hahahahaha your obsessed mate, it's all about tomorrow. If you've been watching this livi have gifted them two goals.

Borderhibbie76
28-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Hahahahaha your obsessed mate, it's all about tomorrow. If you've been watching this livi have gifted them two goals.
Not obsessed in slightest but find it strange we have a thread about their apparent defensive frailties. Im more concerned with our frailties at present mate...worrying times not oven Oct and we r 13 pts off top spot. That's what im obsessed about currently...not THEM!

SteveHFC
28-09-2014, 04:16 PM

:top marks

QMU-1875
28-09-2014, 04:26 PM
Not obsessed in slightest but find it strange we have a thread about their apparent defensive frailties. Im more concerned with our frailties at present mate...worrying times not oven Oct and we r 13 pts off top spot. That's what im obsessed about currently...not THEM!

Fair enough mate but long season ahead! Maybe we have got the bad stuff out the system now, wait and see tomorrow!

Diclonius
28-09-2014, 04:30 PM
The only thing that will knock the wind out of their sails is if we beat them at the end of October. We NEED to get a winning streak going if we want to have any chance of doing that.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
28-09-2014, 04:31 PM

:agree:

Borderhibbie76
28-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Fair enough mate but long season ahead! Maybe we have got the bad stuff out the system now, wait and see tomorrow!
Let's hope so mate...we need to start winning in the league and very very soon!

28-09-2014, 06:48 PM
They do make mistakes against us but sadly more times than not we are too poor/too weak/too slow etc. to punish them for it. Too many hibs layers over the years look ****ing terrified in derbies and hearts have quite happily bullied us. You can bet your bottom dollar that if hibs make a mistake hearts will take full advantage of it - thats the difference, in derbies they turn up with a far better will to win attitude. The type of attitude that makes them in our faces, fighting for every last ball because for them winning the derby is everything. A bit of that attitude in the hibs team would be nice. For years there has been a defeatist, scared type attitude when it comes to derbies. Even when we have had stronger teams than them, they have still managed to beat us because they are always more up for it than us.