PDA

View Full Version : Who bet Ross County?

munchar
24-09-2014, 06:25 AM
To all of you so called Hibbys who bet Ross County......:loser: :na na: :flag:

RCNG
24-09-2014, 07:45 AM
I had suggested they were good money. Luckily didn't put anything on them..... got it all on The Rangers next week :p

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2014, 07:51 AM
I looked at it but couldn't see the winner out either of them, so backed Aberdeen in a double with Dundee Utd, and when i saw Segey's tip i did another bet again with Aberdeen and Grays.

Mango Man
24-09-2014, 08:01 AM
I confess, I put a quid on County to draw at 10/1 at half time, delighted it didn't come through.

munchar
24-09-2014, 08:45 AM
Hearts are a big price, but I'd rather rub my bell end up & down a cheese greater while walking over burning 6 inch nails pulling my teeth out with pliers than see they cheating, lowlife, dirty ****bags win.
And as for Hearts.........:yw: :jamboak: :thumbsup:

Jim44
24-09-2014, 08:47 AM

We've been through all this claptrap before about 'betting against Hibs'. Gambling is about selecting the probable outcome of an event and is a rational and cerebral action as opposed to an emotional action. Betting on an event does not affect or influence the outcome in any way and nobody should be criticised for selecting to gamble on an outcome which involves Hibs. As it happens, I didn't back Ross County last night as I had a sneaky feeling we could get a result. If that 'sneaky feeling' had been a bit stronger I could have won a few bob by backing Hibs. I, like hundreds of other 'Hibbys' won a very tidy sum over the last couple of months of last season as the outcomes were so obvious and predictable. I would have been delighted not to have won anything back then but I wouldn't have actually lost money if Hibs had shown any sign of being in contention in their last run of games as I wouldn't have put cash on their opponents. I don't feel any less of a Hibby.

tomhorn
24-09-2014, 08:47 AM
Hibs bet thum 2 nil.

The Gorf
24-09-2014, 08:54 AM
I didn't post anything, however, I was thinking that RC may win as did a lot of Hibbys I am sure, purely based on recent performance. BUT in my heart of hearts I hoped that the team would win.
Dont know if you're being serious with your post but if you are then Get back.

munchar
24-09-2014, 09:00 AM
We've been through all this claptrap before about 'betting against Hibs'. Gambling is about selecting the probable outcome of an event and is a rational and cerebral action as opposed to an emotional action. Betting on an event does not affect or influence the outcome in any way and nobody should be criticised for selecting to gamble on an outcome which involves Hibs. As it happens, I didn't back Ross County last night as I had a sneaky feeling we could get a result. If that 'sneaky feeling' had been a bit stronger I could have won a few bob by backing Hibs. I, like hundreds of other 'Hibbys' won a very tidy sum over the last couple of months of last season as the outcomes were so obvious and predictable. I would have been delighted not to have won anything back then but I wouldn't have actually lost money if Hibs had shown any sign of being in contention in their last run of games as I wouldn't have put cash on their opponents. I don't feel any less of a Hibby.

Its your money, but give me an honest answer.
If you were going to win a good few quid with an accumulator with Hibs to get beat in it & they had a chance to equalise in the last minute, would you want them to score?
I think you would sacrifice the point for the cash. I wouldn't put myself in that position.
A couple of guys yesterday posted that they had Hearts to beat us 2-0, and said they were gutted when we got a late consolation. We still had enough time to mount another attack which could have resulted in an unlikely draw. So whatever way it gets explained, they basically didn't want Hibs to score against Hearts. Unbelievable.

Jim44
24-09-2014, 09:34 AM
If you were going to win a good few quid with an accumulator with Hibs to get beat in it & they had a chance to equalise in the last minute, would you want them to score?
I think you would sacrifice the point for the cash. I wouldn't put myself in that position.
A couple of guys yesterday posted that they had Hearts to beat us 2-0, and said they were gutted when we got a late consolation. We still had enough time to mount another attack which could have resulted in an unlikely draw. So whatever way it gets explained, they basically didn't want Hibs to score against Hearts. Unbelievable.

I can honestly say that, no-matter the circumstances of a bet, I would go for a Hibs win over financial gain any time. It's a bit academic however, as, under 'normal' circumstances (Hibs playing in contention) I don't make bets involving them (unless I really fancy us). I agree with you on the 'win at all cost' mentality that you describe here, however.

Squealing pig
24-09-2014, 09:35 AM
I had county on my accumulator prob a good thing .

munchar
24-09-2014, 09:49 AM
I can honestly say that, no-matter the circumstances of a bet, I would go for a Hibs win over financial gain any time. It's a bit academic however, as, under 'normal' circumstances (Hibs playing in contention) I don't make bets involving them (unless I really fancy us). I agree with you on the 'win at all cost' mentality that you describe here, however.

Sound mate.

The way you explained this is logical. I myself have looked at our opponents and thought, "that's a massive price".
However, it's the same as knowing you could sh*g your mates burd. It's morally wrong. IMO. :dunno:

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2014, 10:40 AM

When i'm backing against Hibs, the winnings i'd receive would never be any more than £100-£200 at most, i'd never want us to lose just so i could win these amounts of money.

southern hibby
24-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Had £30 on Hibs to win 2-0 at 12/1.

Just collected my winnings and stupidly put a bet on the The Rangers v Hibs game.

Tune I'n Tuesday to see if I won or not.

GGTTH

IanM
24-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Hibs ht/ft
Aberdeen ht/ft

waiting on Dundee utd ht/ft the night for the treble.

I had hibs on the couplen last saturday and vowed never to again.. my persistance might pay off

silverhibee
24-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Mugs game.

KingFranck
24-09-2014, 11:43 AM
For some reason last night I put £1 on Hibs to win returned almost £3 but also had £1 on 2-1 and 1-0 but still delighted those bets lost cos we won GGTTH

stantonhibby
24-09-2014, 11:58 AM

You had a sneaky feeling we would get a result ? And yet on another thread you said we had little or no chance last night ?

leither17
24-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Mugs game.

How much?

Jim44
24-09-2014, 12:08 PM
You had a sneaky feeling we would get a result ? And yet on another thread you said we had little or no chance last night ?

Yes Sherlock, I did indeed say that and believed it, and if I'd chosen to I could/would have put money on RC. That was based on my realistic assessment of our chances. Turns out I was completely wrong and glad my sneaky feeling kept cash in my pocket as there was no way I'd have backed us on a sneaky feeling.

stantonhibby
24-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Yes Sherlock, I did indeed say that and believed it, and if I'd chosen to I could/would have put money on RC. That was based on my realistic assessment of our chances. Turns out I was completely wrong and glad my sneaky feeling kept cash in my pocket as there was no way I'd have backed us on a sneaky feeling.

Ok

Hibernian Verse
24-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Had Hibs -1. Smug.

BroxburnHibee
24-09-2014, 01:15 PM
QOTS won me a few quid on Saturday :greengrin

ekhibee
24-09-2014, 02:20 PM
As far as betting is concerned, I don't see any problem with betting against Hibs, particularly if they're sheit. I did back RC yesterday and lost out on £573 in the process cos all the other games on my roll-up came up. I had Hibs when Alloa and QOS beat them, I've been a Hibs fan for nearly 50 years, a season ticket holder for over 30 years, I support them and always will, but financially I don't owe them a thing and never will.

hibs4thecup1988
24-09-2014, 02:50 PM
I had Hibs ht ft at 4/1. was delighted :greengrin

The put my winnings on Liverpool and Partick to qualify at the start of Extra Time. All in all ended up about £180. Will lump on Hearts tonight

Sas_The_Hibby
24-09-2014, 03:02 PM
I put a sizeable bet on Hamilton to win the play-off, after the first leg, at 10/1 (they had been 16/1). I was still gutted when they equalised in extra-time. Made decent money in the end but would still rather Hibs had stayed up. Suspect most people would feel the same.

munchar
24-09-2014, 05:31 PM
As far as betting is concerned, I don't see any problem with betting against Hibs, particularly if they're sheit. I did back RC yesterday and lost out on £573 in the process cos all the other games on my roll-up came up. I had Hibs when Alloa and QOS beat them, I've been a Hibs fan for nearly 50 years, a season ticket holder for over 30 years, I support them and always will, but financially I don't owe them a thing and never will.

Just curious mate. If Hibs had been losing 1-0 and got a penalty in the last minute, would you have wanted them to score? :dunno:

HUTCHYHIBBY
24-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Its your money.

That's what it comes down to.

Niffy
24-09-2014, 06:35 PM
cough cough , £50 Rangers Ross C double :/