PDA

View Full Version : Highlights from Saturday if anyone is interested...

Winston Ingram
23-09-2014, 10:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsxYeOILZoU

spike220
23-09-2014, 10:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsxYeOILZoU

Nothing to see folks move along!!

JimBHibees
23-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Wasnt there looked like we knocked the ball about quite well and probably should have created better opportunities however still look very vulnerable at the back. Hanlon looks a bit off the pace but games will sort however personally would bring Fontaine in for experience at the back. Teams are certainly targeting high balls to Lewis at full back. Some of the build up play looked good.

HH81
23-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Hibs were ok on Saturday and deserved a result. Made the negative posts on here seem odd.

I have not watched it yet but i know from been there Hibs were better than people posted.

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Hibs were ok on Saturday and deserved a result. Made the negative posts on here seem odd.

I have not watched it yet but i know from been there Hibs were better than people posted.

Dont really understand what you mean about us deserving a result, apart from Kennedy's effort we did not make their keeper make another save?

We were as pedestrian as we were last season and the season before, just this time its in the Championship against MUCH weaker teams.

Thats why i'd imagine folk are being negative.

dangermouse
23-09-2014, 12:21 PM
Just watched it and the highlights were mostly of Hibs attacks. Malonga didn't look as bad as he was made out to be.

JimBHibees
23-09-2014, 12:22 PM
Just watched it and the highlights were mostly of Hibs attacks. Malonga didn't look as bad as he was made out to be.

Agree though his free kick was a cracker :greengrin

Simply an awful goal to lose.

TAHibby
23-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Really should have scored then a huge lapse in concentration/awareness from Robertson gives them the opening. Seemed like we really didn't create enough clear cut chances to trouble them much and was too easy for them in the end. We are in desperate need of help LG, save us.

HH81
23-09-2014, 12:30 PM

I don't remember them having much of the game, reading on here you would think it was wave after wave.

That been said it was still a poor result v an average team IMO.

hibeesboii
23-09-2014, 12:43 PM
Looks like we are missing farid upfront with composure to score! Hopefully someone can step up and start scoring or we will really struggle with how poor our defence is

Unseen work
23-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Kennedy looked very impressive

Smartie
23-09-2014, 12:53 PM
I just watched the highlights and thought we looked much better on the highlights than we did when I was at the game.

Lots of passes but you never felt we had enough to carve them open - if Kennedy beat his man and crossed there would never be anyone on the end of it. We also had no pacy threat so I didn't see us getting in behind them, not that we had anyone in midfield even interested in playing the killer ball.

The only time I've noticed Lewis being targeted with high balls was against Raith last year in the cup - I reckon this is a bit of a myth. Carmichael, their winger (and a good player btw) is about 5 foot 2. Lewis was fine on Saturday and had one cracking driving run to set up Cummings.

And I didn't think it would ever be possible but Malonga has successfully knocked Kujabi down to number 2 in the "worst Hibs free-kick ever" competition. Although to be fair to him he didn't claim to be the Congolese Zico not long before dispatching his effort.

JimBHibees
23-09-2014, 01:12 PM
The only time I've noticed Lewis being targeted with high balls was against Raith last year in the cup - I reckon this is a bit of a myth. Carmichael, their winger (and a good player btw) is about 5 foot 2. Lewis was fine on Saturday and had one cracking driving run to set up Cummings.

Not so sure Cowden were clearly targetting him in the air in the second half last week.

The_Horde
23-09-2014, 05:03 PM
I just watched the highlights and thought we looked much better on the highlights than we did when I was at the game.

Lots of passes but you never felt we had enough to carve them open - if Kennedy beat his man and crossed there would never be anyone on the end of it. We also had no pacy threat so I didn't see us getting in behind them, not that we had anyone in midfield even interested in playing the killer ball.

And I didn't think it would ever be possible but Malonga has successfully knocked Kujabi down to number 2 in the "worst Hibs free-kick ever" competition. Although to be fair to him he didn't claim to be the Congolese Zico not long before dispatching his effort.

They targeted long balls into the left channel all game.
It wasn't designed to create attacks it was designed to push us back and it worked.

Pete
23-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Wasnt there looked like we knocked the ball about quite well and probably should have created better opportunities however still look very vulnerable at the back. Hanlon looks a bit off the pace but games will sort however personally would bring Fontaine in for experience at the back. Teams are certainly targeting high balls to Lewis at full back. Some of the build up play looked good.

:agree: The style is night and day compared to last season and is very easy on the eye. Lovely build up play on show but still no real cutting edge and a soft underbelly.

Every time I've seen us play "lesser" teams it's as if it's a cup tie with a shock result. We play our nice superior football, they get stuck in and break us down while we huff and puff to get back into it.

We need to realise where we are, start considering it unacceptable and add more fight.

we are hibs
23-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Robertson loses the ball far too much in midfield.

Winston Ingram
24-09-2014, 09:09 AM

He's not a composed holding type as he's being asked to play now. He's the high energy box to box type. It's inevitable he'll lose the ball a lot in there:agree:

Spike Mandela
24-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Have to say given reports I expected some kind of abject performance but looking at the game highlights I see Hibs with plenty possession, plenty attacks down wings, plenty of crosses in to box and plenty oppurtunities that could have led to a goal.

A few individual errors seem to lead to us being put under pressure by QOTS and ultimately cost us a goal but the fact it's Queens TV and most of the highlights was us surely tells us a lot.

Alloa was a truly shocking performance but it seems we were a tad unlucky last Saturday.

Greendreamer
24-09-2014, 10:50 AM

Think of the Goal at Ibrox in the petrol cup... came from a cheaply lost ball.

Number of times at Tynecastle where cheaply lost balls in the midfield area were our undoing. This puts the defence under immediate pressure and we need to defend from the midfield.

Viewing the QoS game, it looks like the synthetic pitch played its part, dont think the defence adapted to it and judged how the ball played and the number of times they looked like they weren't sure footed either.

Anyway, onward and upwards.....

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Think of the Goal at Ibrox in the petrol cup... came from a cheaply lost ball.

Number of times at Tynecastle where cheaply lost balls in the midfield area were our undoing. This puts the defence under immediate pressure and we need to defend from the midfield.

Viewing the QoS game, it looks like the synthetic pitch played its part, dont think the defence adapted to it and judged how the ball played and the number of times they looked like they weren't sure footed either.

Anyway, onward and upwards.....

Thats twice i have seen Hibs in the flesh on a plastic pitch, and Saturdays pitch seemed completely different to the one at Hamilton.

The ball seemed to run much truer than it did at Hamilton, so much so i didn't think much about the pitch at all.

3pm
24-09-2014, 12:05 PM

That's because he is poor.

PeterboroHibee
24-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Only watched the first 5 minutes, but it looks like we are still creating lots of good chances, we just need to be more clinical/lucky in front of goal.

As for the goal, ridiculous by Robertson and yet again his poor control lets him down. When hes playing well he can bring that drive and energy to the team, but he should never be the man picking the ball up from the CBs.