PDA

View Full Version : Random observations

Islington Hibs
22-09-2014, 06:41 PM
I had lunch today with a character who is very plugged into Rangers, at a Board level (he is not on the board but v close to it)- despite his allegiance very decent guy. Names better remain anonymous and don 't shoot the messenger but he made the following comments. 1. Financial governance at Rangers is still not good and not raised enough with their rights issue. 2. He thinks Hearts will win the league- better more cohesive team than Rangers. Their main risk is the small size of squad which might make them vulnerable. 3. Hibs are facing an 'existential crisis.' He knows Petrie and described him as a 'very hard man' who lacks a light side. Far too much change has undermined the foundations of the club and he fears for them.

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2014, 06:45 PM
Your pal could be right. I've had mair existential crises than Albert Camus and Dostoevsky put together over the past couple of years watching Hibs.

Ronniekirk
22-09-2014, 10:10 PM
I had lunch today with a character who is very plugged into Rangers, at a Board level (he is not on the board but v close to it)- despite his allegiance very decent guy. Names better remain anonymous and don 't shoot the messenger but he made the following comments. 1. Financial governance at Rangers is still not good and not raised enough with their rights issue. 2. He thinks Hearts will win the league- better more cohesive team than Rangers. Their main risk is the small size of squad which might make them vulnerable. 3. Hibs are facing an 'existential crisis.' He knows Petrie and described him as a 'very hard man' who lacks a light side. Far too much change has undermined the foundations of the club and he fears for them.

Existentialist the Philosophy that man can never be free until he has a full consciousness of his illogical position within a meaningless universe Cannae see the Conduit being bothered by all that .

GreenOnions
22-09-2014, 11:38 PM

Does this mean that you had lunch with a taxi driver? Sounds like a kind of "I met a man once whom you don't know. He thinks some stuff about things" conversation.

Brizo
23-09-2014, 07:22 AM

Existential crisis ?

Maybe it isn't all Petries fault. Maybe that Jean Paul Sartre gadgie should take part of the blame ?

Sartre Sartre GTF, Sartre GTF

snedzuk
23-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Existential crisis ?

Maybe it isn't all Petries fault. Maybe that Jean Paul Sartre gadgie should take part of the blame ?

Sartre Sartre GTF, Sartre GTF

One jean paul sartre, there's only one jean paul sartre. ..etc.

jacomo
23-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Does this mean that you had lunch with a taxi driver? Sounds like a kind of "I met a man once whom you don't know. He thinks some stuff about things" conversation.

Licensed hackney carriage operators ken whits gaein on.

WeeRussell
23-09-2014, 11:10 AM

:hmmm:

Bad Martini
23-09-2014, 11:22 AM

So from this anonymous chat, we can conclude the learned character believes:

1) Right now Hearts are playing well
2) Right now Hibs are playing *****
3) Right now Rangers are ****ed for cash

No names, no sources but there's probably around five and a half million people here that could have told you this :aok:

:agree:

Big Frank
23-09-2014, 01:18 PM

No names, no sources but there's probably around five and a half million people here that could have told you this :aok:

Spot on

BoomtownHibees
23-09-2014, 01:28 PM

Source?

Islington Hibs
23-09-2014, 01:44 PM

Fair comment :wink:

I will be more insightful next time
I will be more insightful next time
x50 :greengrin

GreenCastle
23-09-2014, 01:52 PM

You could add Hearts are playing well with a serious lack of money also.

The Gorf
23-09-2014, 03:02 PM
You could add Hearts are playing well with a serious lack of money also.
Whose your source? Must know a director or someone else in the know.
:greengrin