PDA

View Full Version : Hail hail

shetlandhibee
22-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Been trying to find an hibs version of 'hail, hail' on you tube. But the only ones I can find are Everton and celtic. Does anyone know if there is an offical song of it for hibs?

California-Hibs
22-09-2014, 05:47 PM
Unfortunately not.

shetlandhibee
22-09-2014, 06:05 PM
Aw right cheers mate😏 someone should make one!

Kato
22-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Hail! Hail! The Hibs are here,
all for goals and glory
all for goals and glory
all for goals and glory now.
For it's a grand old team to play for
and it's a grand old team to see
but if you know our history
it's enough to make your heart grow old.
We don't care what the rangers say
What the hell do we care?
For we only know that there's going to be a show
and the Edinburgh Hibees will be there.

Got told many years ago by an old ER punter that this was sung by Hibs fans in the late 40's early 50's and the section of the lyrics about "our history" is to do with our inability to win the SC. As happens with these things the song was adopted and lyrics changed by other clubs fans over the years. Celtc in particular stole it and took it as their own, as they do.

esjorto
22-09-2014, 07:22 PM
all for goals and glory
all for goals and glory
all for goals and glory now.
For it's a grand old team to play for
and it's a grand old team to see
but if you know our history
it's enough to make your heart grow old.
We don't care what the rangers say
What the hell do we care?
For we only know that there's going to be a show
and the Edinburgh Hibees will be there.

Got told mane years ago by an old ER punter that this was sung by Hibs fans in the late 40's early 50's and section of the lyrics about "our history" is to do with our inability to win the SC. As happens with these things the song was adopted and lyrics changed by other clubs fans over the years. Celtc in particular stole it and took it as their own, as they do.

Absolutely true.

Bishop Hibee
22-09-2014, 09:31 PM
I've always sang "it's a grand old name to say.
And if you know, your history, it's enough to make your heart gooooo. We don't care what the animals (later, jambos) say...."

I have been known to be wrong.

Scottie
22-09-2014, 11:26 PM
I've always sang "it's a grand old name to say.
And if you know, your history, it's enough to make your heart gooooo. We don't care what the animals (later, jambos) say...."

I have been known to be wrong.

" It's a grand old team to see " ?

Singing it for 40 years but I'm wrong all the time so goes without saying. :dunno:

Keith_M
23-09-2014, 09:22 AM
" It's a grand old team to see " ?

Singing it for 40 years but I'm wrong all the time so goes without saying. :dunno:

That's my recollection.

Hibs Fans sung that sung for decades and only stopped relatively recently.

I've heard one story, though couldn't find any evidence either way, that the song originates with a club called Belfast Celtic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belfast_Celtic_F.C.). They were apparently one of the most successful teams in Ireland but folded because of Sectarianism.