PDA

View Full Version : Leaders in our team?

GreenCastle
22-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Can you name top 5 leaders in our team?

Players you can rely on and inspire others to perform / win.

Serious question..

Alfred E Newman
22-09-2014, 11:29 AM

Serious question..

No.

GreenCastle
22-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Can we name leaders over the last few years?

Would you say McPake, Williams, Rob Jones...who else?

emerald green
22-09-2014, 11:39 AM

Serious question..

As John McEnroe used to famously say..."you cannot be serious man". :greengrin

I honestly cannot think of a single one. Hibs have had no leadership, on or off the park, for years. Some of the most disgraceful results in the club's long and proud history have happened during this fairly recent period. We all know what games in particular I'm referring to.

silverhibee
22-09-2014, 11:40 AM

Serious question..

No, we don't have any.

TheFamous1875
22-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Gray...eh... I think Forster will be one in a few years...El Alagui seems to have an aura about him when he's on the pitch and I think Stanton has the potential to be one if he gets to assert himself in the middle of the pitch alongside a CM who'll show him he ropes (we're yet to sign such a player - Scott Brown would be ideal). That's it. Gray is the only one I could call a leader at this present time (and he's not even in the middle of the pitch..)

J-C
22-09-2014, 11:50 AM
Sat here for 5 mins trying to think of one and scarily I can't. :confused:

lyonhibs
22-09-2014, 11:52 AM
Unless Stubbs fancies lacing up his boots for one last Hurrah, the answer is patently none.

hibee-boys
22-09-2014, 11:58 AM
I think a leader on the park can take 2 forms either (a) setting an example through skill and application and/or (b) through personality and drive. Unfortunately, perhaps Gray aside, I can't think of anyone fit to play who would fall into one of those categories let alone both!

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2014, 12:55 PM
We don't have anyone who can grab the team by the scruff of the neck and drag them through a battle. A soft centre all the way from the front to the back.

Its clear we have some players who are more skillful than most of the teams in this league, but apart from a couple i'd say we don't have the desire of the other teams, or the will to win.

GreenCastle
22-09-2014, 01:16 PM
I think a leader on the park can take 2 forms either (a) setting an example through skill and application and/or (b) through personality and drive. Unfortunately, perhaps Gray aside, I can't think of anyone fit to play who would fall into one of those categories let alone both!

I agree with this.

Gray possible right now - Stevenson works hard but not sure if he can be considered captain material.

When scouting new players this is one of the first areas I would have looked at.

Nelson while tough and possibly a leader - was let down by lack of quality he possessed - though seemed quite professional.

erin go bragh
22-09-2014, 01:30 PM
5 leaders ?? The op must be at it ! Fontaine was captain at his last club , so maybe him and Gray .

GGTTH

Franck Stanton
22-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Wonder why the op chose the number "5" as amount of leaders. mmmmmmm

GreenCastle
22-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Wonder why the op chose the number "5" as amount of leaders. mmmmmmm

I can do 3 if easier?

Seems most are struggling to name any.

Plus - Fontaine could be added to list - why has he hardly played since arriving?

Smartie
22-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Leadership, pace and an ability to grind out a result when the going gets tough are the three main things that have been missing from our team for years.

I was actually quite chuffed with the victories against Dumbarton and Cowdenbeath because I thought that these results demonstrated the third quality.

But watching these totally abject defeats away from home really shows up the lack of leadership imo. Who can we count on to rally the troops, to get stuck in and lead by example? None of them. Lewis is probably the closest for me but he still seems to be a bit of a quiet "nice boy". And I've not been that impressed by Gray for weeks now.

Unseen work
22-09-2014, 02:33 PM
When he gets going Scott Allan is