PDA

View Full Version : what is the football problem?

ManBearPig
22-09-2014, 08:03 AM
At the risk of being lynched can I suggest we are maybe not being patient enough?

Firstly we have a brand new team give or take a couple of players, this will take time to 'gel' Hearts had all their youngsters bled last season without pressure of winning mainly because the fans had already conceded that they were getting relegated.

Secondly Stubb's signings all appear to be quality Gray is a very competent right back and in my opinion a true captain that leads by example, Scott Allan very high quality midfielder that most S-Premiership teams would jump at, Mcgeoch looks exciting dynamic midfielder, Malonga could also prove a useful addition and best of all Alagui a complete striker who was on course for well past 20 goals this season just a shame about his injury.

Thirdly the youngsters are still coming through and Stubbs is clearly trying not to burn them out too soon in a team lacking a bit of confidence.

My personal view is we hold the ball well just lack pace and urgency to get under teams skins from the start we only start to up the pace once the opposition score. I think the pace and team blending will come but it may take a few more games. I know this might be considered not good enough but I cant think of any team that has undergone such radical changes has ever hit the ground running. I know all the talk of blaming board for results but the team man for man is more than capable of competing in this league.

Forza Fred
22-09-2014, 08:06 AM
At the risk of being lynched can I suggest we are maybe not being patient enough?

Firstly we have a brand new team give or take a couple of players, this will take time to 'gel' Hearts had all their youngsters bled last season without pressure of winning mainly because the fans had already conceded that they were getting relegated.

Secondly Stubb's signings all appear to be quality Gray is a very competent right back and in my opinion a true captain that leads by example, Scott Allan very high quality midfielder that most S-Premiership teams would jump at, Mcgeoch looks exciting dynamic midfielder, Malonga could also prove a useful addition and best of all Alagui a complete striker who was on course for well past 20 goals this season just a shame about his injury.

Thirdly the youngsters are still coming through and Stubbs is clearly trying not to burn them out too soon in a team lacking a bit of confidence.

My personal view is we hold the ball well just lack pace and urgency to get under teams skins from the start we only start to up the pace once the opposition score. I think the pace and team blending will come but it may take a few more games. I know this might be considered not good enough but I cant think of any team that has undergone such radical changes has ever hit the ground running. I know all the talk of blaming board for results but the team man for man is more than capable of competing in this league.

If the team man for man is more than capable of competing in this league, as you say, can they please start doing that.