PDA

View Full Version : Ross County on Tuesday (merged)

cameronw-hfc
21-09-2014, 04:36 PM
Traveling up with a few mates, admittedly wishing now I didn't buy my tickets, however seen as it's a cup game anything can happen, who else is going up and how many are we expecting there?

SteveHFC
21-09-2014, 04:37 PM
I go to away games majority of the time but giving this a miss.

Diclonius
21-09-2014, 04:37 PM
Think we might be in with a chance here as County's morale is as low as ours is.

Hermit Crab
21-09-2014, 04:38 PM
I'm going. Not looking forward to it.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-09-2014, 05:08 PM
We'll get pumped, sell your tickets mate:greengrin

oconnors_strip
21-09-2014, 05:10 PM
I'm going but because it's a habit and also the bus trip is a laugh with my fellow four in hand branch members. We go to a local hotel for cheap drink and free sandwiches, only the football ruins the day trip :greengrin

Billy Whizz
21-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Me plus one as well

truehibernian
21-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Hibs will win this one - I can see this side being wildly inconsistent as I've kept saying since pre-season. Cup games for this side are a good distraction at the moment in my opinion......the only time where we will be the underdog and this will suit the current mindset.

Ross County 1 Hibs 3.......Cummings will start and score.

Bronson
21-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Would have to take a couple days off work for it so I'm giving it a miss, think we'll win though and I probably would go up if I could.

Alfred E Newman
21-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Goal down early doors, huff and puff for an hour and a late clincher for County.
Stubbs" We didn't do enough"

Pretty Boy
21-09-2014, 05:41 PM
Asked my, Hibs supporting, boss if I could have a half day for it. He laughed, asked if I was serious then said no 'for my own good'.

Lmc2105
21-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Am going, not looking forward to it but it's a laugh with my fellow branch members and its a good day out till the football puts us all in a downer ha!

Ps we still have seats if anyone is thinking of coming up :wink:

Bobby's Cinema
21-09-2014, 05:54 PM
2-0 County.

A lacklustre Hibs producing little in the way of chances. Those travelling will witness a similar performance to every single game at tynecastle over the last five years.

:not worth To those making this one

cameronw-hfc
21-09-2014, 06:12 PM
This is my first time going up so hoping for the best!

ekhibee
21-09-2014, 06:17 PM
well done mate, hope you have a good journey up there and back, with a few bevvies and decent grub. As for the football, well, I would disagree with 1 of the previous posters who said we're inconsistent. We're consistently crap.

Billy Whizz
21-09-2014, 06:18 PM

There's a good wimpy in the Main Street

HibbyRod
21-09-2014, 06:23 PM
I'll be there too. :rolleyes:

SteveHFC
21-09-2014, 06:24 PM

I feel sorry for you :greengrin

Ronniekirk
21-09-2014, 06:25 PM
Think we might be in with a chance here as County's morale is as low as ours is.
They really must be in a bad way then .clutching at Straws but we really have nothing to loose .Everyone expects us to go out so let's confound our Critics and get back to how we played at Ibrox when quick passing and high tempo served us well .Why have we slowed everything down is that lack of confidence and fear of losing ?

Ronniekirk
21-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Me plus one as well
Good on you billy ,hope you see a victory Once I get the Blood Pressure back down I will jump back on board .

silverhibee
21-09-2014, 06:31 PM
Asked my, Hibs supporting, boss if I could have a half day for it. He laughed, asked if I was serious then said no 'for my own good'.

Your boss seems a sensible guy, :greengrin my boss (her in doors) says I'm of my f***ing head wasting my money on Hibs, still undecided whether i will go or not, last game up there was a nightmare.

silverhibee
21-09-2014, 06:34 PM
They really must be in a bad way then .clutching at Straws but we really have nothing to loose .Everyone expects us to go out so let's confound our Critics and get back to how we played at Ibrox when quick passing and high tempo served us well .Why have we slowed everything down is that lack of confidence and fear of losing ?

We will soon be going backwards.

Billy Whizz
21-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Good on you billy ,hope you see a victory Once I get the Blood Pressure back down I will jump back on board .

Cheers, got to get an away win sometime

TrinityHibby
21-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Hibs will win this one - I can see this side being wildly inconsistent as I've kept saying since pre-season. Cup games for this side are a good distraction at the moment in my opinion......the only time where we will be the underdog and this will suit the current mindset.

Ross County 1 Hibs 3.......Cummings will start and score.
I would put money on ross county recording a victory in this one

Hibeewilly
21-09-2014, 07:13 PM
Two of us going up. We struggle bigtime to break down teams who sit in. We are clueless in the final third against teams like that however Ross County and The Rangers will come at us and I think we'll see better performances from Hibs in these games due to that. That's why our best performance was against The Rangers at Ibrox IMO. The Wimpy is good and there is a good chippie at the opposite end of the Main St from the National Hotel as well

weonlywon6-2
21-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Cant see anything other than a loss up there

truehibernian
21-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Your boss seems a sensible guy, :greengrin my boss (her in doors) says I'm of my f***ing head wasting my money on Hibs, still undecided whether i will go or not, last game up there was a nightmare.

SH, the way I see this season going, bizarrely enough I think we will do okay in the cups - Hibs win - followed by two league defeats and worrying times in the league.

Bostonhibby
21-09-2014, 07:52 PM
RC needing a break from the hardship of the league and a bit of shooting practice, a confidence builder for the challenges ahead, they have a bit of muscle in the middle - No idea if we will score but they will get 3. Delighted to be wrong.

B.H.F.C
21-09-2014, 07:57 PM
It's certainly a winnable game. We just ain't particularly good at winning.

If we are going to fail to win promotion (which we will) then a good cup run could be massive in terms of keeping people interested.

Two of us going. God knows why!

JimBHibees
21-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Hopefully Sparky can get signed tomorrow and is able to play Tuesday.

Ronniekirk
21-09-2014, 08:11 PM
We will soon be going backwards.
Liked that one:wink:

RCNG
22-09-2014, 08:18 AM
Double your money with SkyBet. County are 6/5. No need to thank me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-09-2014, 08:34 AM
5/4 @ W Hills. Market not really formed yet on Betfair.

southern hibby
22-09-2014, 08:44 AM

My misses used to say the same when I came up from Portsmouth for the games. She eventually got sick of me wasting my money on Hibs ( and not on her ) so she put me up for a free transfer. Lol

I must be as good as our players because no one has signed me up on a permanent contract and just like Super Leigh I too am looking for an Emergency Loan so I can play ( around ) again.

Also going up to Dingwall to watch us win .

GGTTH

legends of 73
22-09-2014, 08:52 AM
My wife thinks I'm clinically insane going to Dingwall on a Tuesday night she may be right but I never listen to her:na na::na na:

LancsHibs
22-09-2014, 08:59 AM
My wife thinks I'm clinically insane going to Dingwall on a Tuesday night she may be right but I never listen to her:na na::na na:

Ha ha me too:greengrin I will be there, 1st time up there for me:aok:

silverhibee
22-09-2014, 01:52 PM
Is there any injury doubts for tomorrow after playing on a astro pitch at the weekend.

Hibeesmad
22-09-2014, 01:56 PM
I'm going with 2 others, don't know why because I'm travelling up to Aviemore from Edinburgh at 7am Wednesday morning but hopefully the boys can make it worth while. Ross County will be desperate for the win

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-09-2014, 05:01 PM
5/4 @ W Hills. Market not really formed yet on Betfair.

2.37 (11/8) when I checked a couple of hours ago.

Hermit Crab
22-09-2014, 06:06 PM

You like a punt HUTCH, Hearts are 11/1 on some bookies to beat celtic on wednesday.

Hibernia&Alba
22-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Ha ha me too:greengrin I will be there, 1st time up there for me:aok:

That's a mammoth journey for you, mate. You deserve a medal.

Eyrie
22-09-2014, 07:11 PM
That's a mammoth journey for you, mate. You deserve a medal.

I think he deserves to see a Hibs win - far rarer than a medal.

Hibeesmad
22-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Oxley
Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine
Harris
Allan
McGeough
Kennedy
Malonga
Cummings

What would other people go for? I think we need as much threat as possible

B.H.F.C
22-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Absolutely no idea what our best team is. The only player I would have given pass marks to the other day was McGeough.

Oxley and Gray pick themselves. I'd play McGeough as he's shown up quite well so far. Kennedy as well. I'd play Cummings as he's at least prepared to have a go. I'd bring Booth in at left back to give us something going forward. I definitely wouldn't play Robertson and Stanton, both wee abysmal at QOTS.

GreenArmy1875
22-09-2014, 08:05 PM
3-5-2 for me

Oxley

Forster Hanlon Fontaine

Gray Mcgeoch Craig Allan Booth

Cummings Malonga

Borderhibbie76
22-09-2014, 08:10 PM
3-5-2 for me

Oxley

Forster Hanlon Fontaine

Gray Mcgeoch Craig Allan Booth

Cummings Malonga
Personally I wouldn't have Craig anywhere near the team. Its bad enough just now without reinstating Capt Invisible!

GreenArmy1875
22-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Personally I wouldn't have Craig anywhere near the team. Its bad enough just now without reinstating Capt Invisible!

Think he is better option than Robertson

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-09-2014, 08:15 PM
You like a punt HUTCH, Hearts are 11/1 on some bookies to beat celtic on wednesday.

Quite a big price, not for me though thanks.

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Dundee Utd 4/6 looks way too good a price, stick them in a double with County and its a decent return.

ekhibee
22-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Hills are going 8/5 RC win according to oddschecker.

ekhibee
22-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Dundee Utd 4/6 looks way too good a price, stick them in a double with County and its a decent return.
4/5 with betfred.

Borderhibbie76
22-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Think he is better option than Robertson
Frying pan or fire lol?? Both about as useless as each other imo mate

blackpoolhibs
22-09-2014, 08:26 PM
4/5 with betfred.

Even better, thats a ridiculous price in my opinion, they should skoosh it against Dundee.

3pm
22-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Is there any injury doubts for tomorrow after playing on a astro pitch at the weekend.

Yep. I doubt we'll win!

ekhibee
22-09-2014, 08:35 PM
Even better, thats a ridiculous price in my opinion, they should skoosh it against Dundee.
Yup, 1st name down on tomorrow's fixed odds for me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
22-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Hills are going 8/5 RC win according to oddschecker.

Their price seems to be on the drift pretty much everywhere.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
22-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Oxley

Gray
Fontaine
Hanlon
Booth

Robertson
Stevenson

McGeouch
Allan
Craig

Malonga

ekhibee
22-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Their price seems to be on the drift pretty much everywhere.
Yeh, noticed that. Can't think why, Hibs are pish- OOOPS!

AlbertK86
22-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Oxley

Gray
Forster
Fontaine
Booth

Sinclair
Mcgeogh
Allan
Kennedy

Malonga
Cummings

McKenzie
22-09-2014, 08:45 PM
Oxley
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Sparky

Sorted easy win for Hibs

Heisenberg
22-09-2014, 08:51 PM
Oxley

Gray
Fontaine
Hanlon
Booth

Kennedy
Allan
McGeough
Craig

Malonga
Cummings

TheFamous1875
23-09-2014, 01:26 AM
I don't know much at all about the Ross County squad - what are their strengths/weaknesses? If their weakness is defence, we should go 4-3-3 with Gray and Booth bombing forward, Stevenson holding and Cummings, Kennedy and whoever's appropriate up top. Go at them, **** them up and get the win.

If their strength is in the centre of the park or up top, we can either go for a narrow 4-4-2 diamond or go 5-3-2 with Stevenson in the middle holding and Gray and Booth taking care of defensive duties. It's a cup game, so no matter what, it's about the win, or even a draw taking it to Easter Road (I do not know if that would work in our favour or not).

ideally, we'll play to our strengths which is Kennedy and Booth on the left side and theoretically Lewis Stevenson in the centre. I'd probably go with this:

Oxley.

Forster. Fontaine. Hanlon.

Gray. Allan. Stevenson McGeouch. Booth.

Kennedy.

Cummings.

Fontaine to give Forster and Hanlon support at the back, Booth and Gray to get forward, Stevenson protecting both of them and the back three with his good engine, Allan and McGeouch with the freedom to create, Kennedy in a free role and Cummings to put the ball in the net. Off the bench we have whoever's feeling the most confident on the night, be that Harris, Stanton, Craig, Robertson or Sinclair or Malonga. All on their day can win games for us (yet to be seen with Malonga and Sinclair). We have options let's use them. 3-5-2 offers us protection at the back, which also enables us to get 6 players forward at pace attacking the opposition if it's appropriate.

Cameron1875
23-09-2014, 01:56 AM
Oxley

Gray Fontaine Hanlon Stevenson

Kennedy Stanton Mcgeouch Allan Booth

Cummings

The Leith Dutch
23-09-2014, 07:01 AM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Forster
Booth

Sinclair
Stevenson
Allan
Kennedy

Malonga
Cummings

Keeper picks himself.

Booth at left back. Sod defence - the way him and Kennedy overlapped against Livingston was the best I've seen from us in ages.

Stevenson to break up play, Allan to run the midfield and then pace on the wings.

Proper two up front using the best two strikers currently available for selection.

duffers
23-09-2014, 07:23 AM
I think we will go with a fairly strong team but put a few fringe players in.

Oxley

Gray Hanlon Fontaine Booth

Harris Craig Allen Kennedy

Cummings Malonga

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-09-2014, 07:51 AM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Forster
Booth

Sinclair
Stevenson
Allan
Kennedy

Malonga
Cummings

Keeper picks himself.

Booth at left back. Sod defence - the way him and Kennedy overlapped against Livingston was the best I've seen from us in ages.

Stevenson to break up play, Allan to run the midfield and then pace on the wings.

Proper two up front using the best two strikers currently available for selection.

Mr Stubbs, is that you? :greengrin

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-09-2014, 08:26 AM
There is no way Stevenson will be replaced by Booth who has failed to make the bench, very strange. I know Booth has defensive issues but he linked up excellently with Kennedy.

I'd like.

Oxley

Gray Forster Fontaine Booth

McGeoch Allan

Kennedy Cummings Craig

Malonga

Hard one with the CB pairing as Forster gives goal threat but he is a leader and ive not seen much from Fontaine but i did see Hanlon gidt Cowdenbeath two goals. Robertson shouldnt play and Craig should only play in the final third as he will not get shown up for pace but has a mean cross, i realise that Booth and Kennedy worked well but i'm sure he would work well with Craig as well.
In defence Craig and Kennedy drop in support two midfielders. In attack the from 4 press high and put pressure on with McGeogh picking up the inevitbale loose passes.

bnt likely though will probably get a non pressing team of: Oxley, Gray, Forster, Hanlon, Stevenson, Kennedy, Craig (deep), McGeoch, Sinclair, Handling, Malonga

Paloschi
23-09-2014, 08:44 AM
Oxley

Gray
Hanlon
Forster
Booth

Kennedy
Allan
McGeoch
Craig (last chance, left mdifield)

Malonga
Cummings

Subs: Penterou, Fontaine, Robertson, Handling, Sinclair.

Lago
23-09-2014, 09:05 AM
At the moment dont think it makes a blind bit of difference what team was put out.

J-C
23-09-2014, 09:09 AM
For me a 3-5-2

Oxley

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
Allan
Stevenson (DM)
Mcgeogh
Booth

Cummings
Malonga

munchar
23-09-2014, 09:15 AM
Whatever team we put out is still not good enough, but with what we have, I would go:

Ox
Booth-Hanlon-Fontaine-Gray
Kennedy-McGeouch-Allan-Harris
Malonga-Cummings

Dont know why Booth has been bombed out. He linked well with Kennedy.
I would go 4-4-2 with both fullbacks overlapping. It looks like the only way we will get in behind a defence. This would at least give us an attacking formation that maybe excite the fans & put an already under pressure Ross County on the back foot.

erin go bragh
23-09-2014, 09:15 AM
Yeh, noticed that. Can't think why, Hibs are pish- OOOPS!
Maybe the bookies have some inside info regarding a last minute loan :)
The cheats 11-1 ! Would stick my baws in a vice before backing them .

Ggtth

munchar
23-09-2014, 09:28 AM
No offence lads/lassies, but no matter what price Ross County are, I could NEVER back against Hibs.
Whatever way you word it, you basically WANT your team to lose.
If your double or treble is up with a couple of minutes to go, would you be shouting on Hibs to equalise? No danger. So unbelievably wrong!!

JimBHibees
23-09-2014, 09:47 AM
No offence lads/lassies, but no matter what price Ross County are, I could NEVER back against Hibs.
If your double or treble is up with a couple of minutes to go, would you be shouting on Hibs to equalise? No danger. So unbelievably wrong!!

More of a softening of the blow if Hibs lose, would still be hoping that we win however actually think we will do ok tonight and will get through.

JimBHibees
23-09-2014, 09:50 AM
Fontaine should come in IMO. Would play 4231 as this is the sort of game that will suit that system.

Ox

Gray
Fontaine
Hanlon
Lewis

Robertson
Allan

Craig
McGeough
Kennedy

Malonga or Cummings.

ekhibee
23-09-2014, 09:56 AM
I didn't actually say I was backing against Hibs. I never back Hibs or bet against them, they've let me down too often and half the time it doesn't seem right. I will however be backing Dundee Utd at 4/5.

calumhibee1
23-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Oxley

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Booth

Sinclair
McGeough
Stevenson
Kennedy

Malonga
Cummings

calumhibee1
23-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Whatever team we put out is still not good enough, but with what we have, I would go:

Ox
Booth-Hanlon-Fontaine-Gray
Kennedy-McGeouch-Allan-Harris
Malonga-Cummings

Dont know why Booth has been bombed out. He linked well with Kennedy.
I would go 4-4-2 with both fullbacks overlapping. It looks like the only way we will get in behind a defence. This would at least give us an attacking formation that maybe excite the fans & put an already under pressure Ross County on the back foot.

Nothing annoys me more in football than somebody setting there formation up like looking in a mirror. :greengrin

munchar
23-09-2014, 10:26 AM
Nothing annoys me more in football than somebody setting there formation up like looking in a mirror. :greengrin

Sorry mate. No very good with keyboards. Still typing with 1 finger and ma tongue hanging out! :na na:

Brightside
23-09-2014, 10:33 AM
Ox

Gray Forster Hanlon Booth

Stevenson

McGogogogogog

Cummings Craig Kennedy

Malonga

munchar
23-09-2014, 10:33 AM
I didn't actually say I was backing against Hibs. I never back Hibs or bet against them, they've let me down too often and half the time it doesn't seem right. I will however be backing Dundee Utd at 4/5.

I actually throw money away at Easter Road doing correct scores. I'll bet 2-0, although I know we won't usually keep a clean sheet, because I couldn't want the opponents to make it 2-1 incase the score again. (I usually do 3 & 4-0 to) one day.....:pray:

silverhibee
23-09-2014, 10:43 AM
A winning team will do.

KdyHby
23-09-2014, 11:19 AM
Am in Cromarty just now, great hospitality as ever up here. Hoping tonight's result doesn't ruin a great trip!

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2014, 11:25 AM

I have backed against us many many times, never wanted once to win them but its a bonus when it normally does. Use your head not your heart when punting.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
23-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Looking forward to us getting pumped the night, anyone else? :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
23-09-2014, 11:41 AM

Nope, just you.......

munchar
23-09-2014, 11:45 AM
I have backed against us many many times, never wanted once to win them but its a bonus when it normally does. Use your head not your heart when punting.

Could have used my head many, many times against Hearts, but them winning wouldn't soften the blow. :gwa:

TheFamous1875
23-09-2014, 11:47 AM

Dunno aboot that! I can safely say that I'm not looking forward to it as we're at low ebb and are missing a few tricks such as Stevenson in the middle with Booth and Kennedy linking on the left. We need to play to our strengths - the 3-5-1-1 with Kennedy just playing off Cummings should see us through, with 6 in defence when needed and 6 attacking when appropriate. If we can be disciplined enough to play that style then I see no reason why we shouldn't win against RC. Lets use our option, as the tippy-tappy waiting game wit zero penetration is obviously not working. We need to force victories and be disciplined.

Billy Whizz
23-09-2014, 11:53 AM

So you're going then?

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Could have used my head many, many times against Hearts, but them winning wouldn't soften the blow. :gwa:

I never said it softened the blow.

munchar
23-09-2014, 12:07 PM
I never said it softened the blow.

Well I wouldn't see it as a "bonus".

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2014, 12:11 PM
Well I wouldn't see it as a "bonus".

Bank account bonus, i will never say no to free money.

munchar
23-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Bank account bonus, i will never say no to free money.

Everyone to their own mate. I just couldn't write on a bookie slip Hearts to beat Hibs.
I asked a mate in the boozer, "who do you love more, Hibs or your mrs?" He said, "my mrs". I replied, "would you ever cheat on Hibs?" :greengrin

J-C
23-09-2014, 12:20 PM
How about trying this diamond system a lot of teams are playing we may have the players to do so.

Oxley

Gray
Forster
Fontaine
Booth

Stevenson

Allan
Stanton

Mcgeoch

Malonga
Cummings

eastterrace
23-09-2014, 12:40 PM
Everyone to their own mate. I just couldn't write on a bookie slip Hearts to beat Hibs.
I asked a mate in the boozer, "who do you love more, Hibs or your mrs?" He said, "my mrs". I replied, "would you ever cheat on Hibs?" :greengrin

i no quite a lot of hibs fans who backed hearts to beat us at easter road, they were 7/2 with some bookies and they had £20 and a few £50 , not me tho but i did think about for a few seconds as it did look like easy money.

SteveHFC
23-09-2014, 12:43 PM
i no quite a lot of hibs fans who backed hearts to beat us at easter road, they were 7/2 with some bookies and they had £20 and a few £50 , not me tho but i did think about for a few seconds as it did look like easy money.

I had Hearts to win 2-0 in the derby last month. Was secretly raging when Alagui scored at the end :greengrin

Unseen work
23-09-2014, 12:47 PM
Oxley

Gray fontaine hanlon booth

Stevenson
Allan Mcgeough

Sinclair Kennedy

Cummings

munchar
23-09-2014, 12:54 PM

I like a punt myself mate, & also thought 7/2 was massive.
I would be disowned if I ever done that. My brothers in Australia & when he heard I was taking my wee boy to ***********, said I should take a packed lunch. "Dinnae be geein they #**#*#* dirty Hearts ***#*##* any mare money", was how he politely put it! :thumbsup:

Albanian Hibs
23-09-2014, 12:59 PM
I had Hearts to win 2-0 in the derby last month. Was secretly raging when Alagui scored at the end :greengrin

Haha me too

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2014, 01:10 PM

:agree: No idea why anyone would pass on free money, especially if the unthinkable happened and we actually won, its a win win in every scenario.

Had £20 on that game myself, payed for a night getting blootered to forget the result. I'd have done the same anyway, but the clowns wearing green and white payed for it.

flash
23-09-2014, 01:13 PM
:agree: No idea why anyone would pass on free money, especially if the unthinkable happened and we actually won, its a win win in every scenario.

Had £20 on that game myself, payed for a night getting blootered to forget the result. I'd have done the same anyway, but the clowns wearing green and white payed for it.

Am confused. How is it free money?

BarneyHibby
23-09-2014, 01:17 PM
Oxley

Gray
Forster
Hanlon
Booth

Kennedy
Allan
McGeough
Craig

Malonga
Cummings

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2014, 01:22 PM

Because Hibs always lose against them. You seem easily confused.

ColintonHibs
23-09-2014, 01:33 PM

ill bet you hibs lose atleast 7 out of the next 10 derby games. Ive been to around 20 derbies and watched them win twice

Maybe even 30 derbies. WON TWICE!!!!!

portycabbage
23-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Oxley
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Sparky

Sorted easy win for Hibs

Not sure we'll have all 9 of the Who cares brothers signed on emergency loan in time for tonight, although they must be an improvement on what we have.

erin go bragh
23-09-2014, 01:51 PM
--------------The Ox --------------

Forster -- Fontaine --Hanlon
-----------Stevenson ------------
Gray-------------------------Booth
Sinclair -----Allan ------Mcgeogh
------- ---Malonga ------------------

Ggtth

pedroorange1875
23-09-2014, 02:32 PM
Oxley

Gray
Forster
Fontaine
Booth

Sinclair
Mcgeogh
Allan
Kennedy

Malonga
Cummings

Spot on for me, i would even consider playing Craig instead of Allan if, and only if, he is played as an attacking midfielder, is told specifically to concentrate only on that role and get forward, and is not the Captain, doesnt take the penalties and is told not to speak to the ref.

ahibby
23-09-2014, 02:53 PM
It's all the same to me. I'm sure he can put out a winning side whoever he puts out. They need to improve their finishing whoever is on the park and if they do they will win.

The_Horde
23-09-2014, 03:00 PM
Oxley

Gray Forster Hanlon Booth

Sinclair Allan Mcgeouch Kennedy

Malonga Cummings

HH81
23-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Anyone know if games on radio?

Sir David Gray
23-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Anyone know if games on radio?

No dedicated coverage of the game but Open All Mics is on 810 MW from 6:10.

Spike Mandela
23-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Oxley
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Who cares
Sparky

Sorted easy win for Hibs

Ridiculous statement

Nobody cares who's in goal either.:wink:

HH81
23-09-2014, 03:55 PM
No dedicated coverage of the game but Open All Mics is on 810 MW from 6:10.

Cheers. I fancy a hibs win tonight 2-1.

whiskyhibby
23-09-2014, 03:58 PM
Is it on Hibs TV tonight ?

Sir David Gray
23-09-2014, 04:02 PM
Cheers. I fancy a hibs win tonight 2-1.

Here's hoping. :aok:

Dinkydoo
23-09-2014, 04:11 PM
Oxley

Gray - Fontaine - Hanlon - Booth

Harris - Stevenson - McGeogh - Kennedy

Allan

Cummings

LancsHibs
23-09-2014, 04:15 PM
Right, in Dingwall Wimpy, not seen one if those for years!!:-)
Think I'm the only Hibby in town!

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2014, 04:42 PM

Makes a change from being the only gay in the village i suppose.

HUTCHYHIBBY
23-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Get yourself to the club across the road, a wee bit further away from the ground, cheap as chips! Might be The Legion cannae quite remember!

KdyHby
23-09-2014, 04:44 PM

Have been in the Black Isle since yesterday. Advanced guard of the Hibs support.

LancsHibs
23-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Makes a change from being the only gay in the village i suppose.

Ah ha takes one to know one;-)

Sir David Gray
23-09-2014, 05:10 PM

:agree: I have never understood how any football fan could bet against their team in any game, let alone a derby.

I don't get this win-win argument. I'm totally pissed off whenever we lose to Hearts and a few pounds from the bookies wouldn't help to change that.

Maybe that's why I'm not a gambler though!

ekhibee
23-09-2014, 05:16 PM
thank you everybody for reminding me that you could get 7/2 for Hearts to beat us at ER, I was on holiday but had given my sister specific instructions to put £50 on and she forgot.

Crops73
23-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Cant see anything other than a loss up there

Hibs will get done.

flash
23-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Because Hibs always lose against them. You seem easily confused.

Apart from the several times when we didn't but why let facts get in the way of taking a pop at Hibs.

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Apart from the several times when we didn't but why let facts get in the way of taking a pop at Hibs.

Aye because i'm well down on my bets in derby games. :faf: As for having a pop, i answered the lad that couldn't understand anyone betting against Hibs.

Perhaps you are still confused?

TheFamous1875
23-09-2014, 05:50 PM
#Hibs (3-5-2) Oxley, Forster, Hanlon, Fontaine, Gray, McGeouch, Robertson, Craig, Stevenson, Malonga, Cummings #RCFCvHFC

#Hibs subs: Perntreou, Booth, S. Allan, Kennedy, Sinclair, Harris, Heffernan #RCFCvHFC

flash
23-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Aye because i'm well down on my bets in derby games. :faf: As for having a pop, i answered the lad that couldn't understand anyone betting against Hibs.

Perhaps you are still confused?

What has derby games got to do with it? You said we never beat Ross County when we beat them three times last season.

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2014, 05:57 PM
What has derby games got to do with it? You said we never beat Ross County when we beat them three times last season.

:faf: naw a didnae.

Edit it appears i did, but i meant it to be a double with Aberdeen, which is the bet i have done.

ekhibee
23-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Listening to Sportsound just now and it's still impossible for me not to hate Allan Preston. I hope he's not doing the analysis on our game.

iwasthere1972
23-09-2014, 06:05 PM

:na na:

flash
23-09-2014, 06:06 PM
:faf: naw a didnae.

Edit it appears i did, but i meant it to be a double with Aberdeen, which is the bet i have done.

Fancy extra time tonight. First goal crucial with both teams lacking confidence.

iwasthere1972
23-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Not going but might live to regret it. It's a long journey there and even longer coming back if we get beat. Oh and the food on offer at the ground for vegetarians is a bag of crisps.

Anyway Eastenders should be good tonight. :greengrin

HH81
23-09-2014, 06:08 PM
How can Kennedy and Sinclair not be playing yet Robertson keeps his place. Crazy but lets hope it works.

bingo70
23-09-2014, 06:09 PM
How can Kennedy and Sinclair not be playing yet Robertson keeps his place. Crazy but lets hope it works.

Cos they're completely different positions?

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-09-2014, 06:10 PM
How the **** does Stevenson get a game, he should be playing second or third division. The mind boggles.

Iggy Pope

The two of them were pretty tripe on Saturday.

blackpoolhibs
Fancy extra time tonight. First goal crucial with both teams lacking confidence.

I have no idea how tonights game will go, two poor teams that i wouldn't bet on, there's no real value in my opinion.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Craig reinstated in a role he can't play. Cue the midfield for RC running past him

TheFamous1875
23-09-2014, 06:11 PM

That's what I was thinking. Kennedy would be the first name on my team sheet but maybe Stubbs sees him as an option from the bench in the latter part of the match? He could be a game changer. Cummings starting is another positive. I trust that Stubbs knows what he's doing by picking Robertson. I'm also glad to see that Stanton has been given a break. It's for his own good.

HH81
23-09-2014, 06:12 PM
The two of them were pretty tripe on Saturday.

Along with McGeogh they were the best.

HH81
23-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Cos they're completely different positions?

So. Robertson should not get a game for me and the two other players were Hibs better ones on Saturday.

Billychaotic182
23-09-2014, 06:13 PM
Booth should never have been dropped. His link up play with Mathews was a joy to watch. In a game like this I would hae expected to bring him back. I like Lewis but for me of pick booth over him

J-C
23-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Booth should never have been dropped. His link up play with Mathews was a joy to watch. In a game like this I would hae expected to bring him back. I like Lewis but for me of pick booth over him

Think you mean Kennedy :greengrin

HH81
23-09-2014, 06:15 PM
How the **** does Stevenson get a game, he should be playing second or third division. The mind boggles.

Next you will be telling us Booth should be in the team.

J-C
23-09-2014, 06:16 PM

:rolleyes::blah::yawn:

Billychaotic182
23-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Think you mean Kennedy :greengrin

You are right..... I'm sorry the beer has taken over already......

Billychaotic182
23-09-2014, 06:17 PM

I think he should be.

NorthNorfolkHFC
Christ, dare I slate the messiah.

He's hopeless, there I've said it.

J-C

You cannot play two wingers in a 3-5-2 with 2 wing backs, the WB's play as wide men.

bingo70
23-09-2014, 06:18 PM
So. Robertson should not get a game for me and the two other players were Hibs better ones on Saturday.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if Robertson was pied for this game but that's not got any relevance to Sinclair or Kennedy being dropped.

HH81
23-09-2014, 06:18 PM
I think he should be.

Based on what? He couldn't get in our SPL team and he now can't get in a championship team. He is not good enough for me.

J-C
23-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Christ, dare I slate the messiah.

He's hopeless, there I've said it.

The same goes for your posts slating him every match thread, very tiresome.

ekhibee
23-09-2014, 06:22 PM
They've dropped Kennedy and brought in Craig. Does anybody still think we'll win?

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-09-2014, 06:23 PM
The same goes for your posts slating him every match thread, very tiresome.

The team is posted, my opinion is he's gash and doesn't offer anything so I'm disappointed as we will probably get pumped.

I doubt he reads this before the game so it's not going to affect the poor wee soul.

bingo70
23-09-2014, 06:27 PM
They've dropped Kennedy and brought in Craig. Does anybody still think we'll win?

They're different positions.

You're as well saying we've dropped Kennedy and brought in fontaine

hibsbollah
23-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Not liking the team. This probably means we'll win.

jodjam
23-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Our midfield will struggle until we get a hard nut in there that allows others to play. Any permutations of the current lot is just shuffling deckchairs on the titanic

J-C
23-09-2014, 06:31 PM
The team is posted, my opinion is he's gash and doesn't offer anything so I'm disappointed as we will probably get pumped.

I doubt he reads this before the game so it's not going to affect the poor wee soul.

It's the way you constantly have a go at him as if he and he alone is the cause of Hibs down fall, it gets boring after a whiile.

silverhibee
23-09-2014, 06:32 PM

He should be J.

silverhibee
23-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Based on what? He couldn't get in our SPL team and he now can't get in a championship team. He is not good enough for me.

He should never have lost his place when he got his chance.

hibeesjoe
23-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Both teams to score and Hibs to win is 4/1. Can see us winning but can't see us not conceding. Maybe I live in hope though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Iggy Pope
23-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Along with McGeogh they were the best.

Kennedy missed a sitter then promptly run out of steam. Again.
Sinclair was anonymous.

NorthNorfolkHFC
23-09-2014, 06:41 PM
It's the way you constantly have a go at him as if he and he alone is the cause of Hibs down fall, it gets boring after a whiile.

Fair do's but at no point do I like him so I'm going to slate him every time he's in the team

HH81
23-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Kennedy missed a sitter then promptly run out of steam. Again.
Sinclair was anonymous.

Your wrong but hey good job its about opinions.

HH81
23-09-2014, 06:55 PM
He should be J.

Never rated him mate. Don't think he will play much this year.

Billychaotic182
23-09-2014, 06:56 PM

Based on I think he is a better football player. Booth is a good attacking wingback and based on the formation we are playing would do a better job than Lewis.

HH81
23-09-2014, 06:57 PM
Based on I think he is a better football player. Booth is a good attacking wingback and based on the formation we are playing would do a better job than Lewis.

So why is he not getting picked then?

Smartie
23-09-2014, 06:59 PM
I'm sure most on here won't agree but I thought that Craig was excellent at Ibrox and also at Tynecastle until he missed the penalty. He was also decent for much of the Falkirk game although whenever he put a foot wrong he was crucified. He was brutal at Alloa right enough.

We've not looked much better without him in the team and it's also a new formation so we don't know if he's a defensive midfielder or if this might be the formation that allows him to be pushed up towards the strikers - where I think he might thrive.

I'm surprised to see Kennedy miss out but he doesn't really fit the formation. I'd also like to see Booth play on the left in this formation as he'll be afforded a bit more defensive cover and I thought he did well when he came into the team earlier this season.

I'm amazed to see Robertson keep his place though. Personally I'd have shifted Lewis in there and played Booth wide.

Iggy Pope
23-09-2014, 07:00 PM
Your wrong but hey good job its about opinions.

I'm not. And it is.

Billychaotic182
23-09-2014, 07:03 PM
So why is he not getting picked then?

Could be a number of things. But me as a fan watching football and having my opinion I think booth is a better option in the formation that we are playing