PDA

View Full Version : Lowest league place ever ?.

greenpaper55
21-09-2014, 12:37 PM
Being an old git i remember the first time we got relegated in the late seventies and we came back up and lost something like six games the whole season and under Mcleish we hardly lost any in that adventure. Now we have the situation where we are near the bottom of this crappy division and have been for a few weeks and already lost three games, this must be about the lowest the club has come in modern history and and maybe for all time. A scandalous state of affairs that could be put right by a bit of investment in a few decent players but it seems this will not happen or they would have done it by now so expect the same level of football for many years. We have the ridiculous situation where we have a training ground that must be worth at least ten times our entire first team squad and i think i am being generous here ! never has so much investment of our money been squandered on the wrong choices by our financial genius.

Keith_M
21-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Being an old git i remember the first time we got relegated in the late seventies and we came back up and lost something like six games the whole season and under Mcleish we hardly lost any in that adventure. Now we have the situation where we are near the bottom of this crappy division and have been for a few weeks and already lost three games, this must be about the lowest the club has come in modern history and and maybe for all time. A scandalous state of affairs that could be put right by a bit of investment in a few decent players but it seems this will not happen or they would have done it by now so expect the same level of football for many years. We have the ridiculous situation where we have a training ground that must be worth at least ten times our entire first team squad and i think i am being generous here ! never has so much investment of our money been squandered on the wrong choices by our financial genius.

You're not old enough cos that's not the first time. :wink:

Hibs were relegated in 1931, finished 7th in second division the following season, and were promoted in 1933.

banarc7062
21-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Aye but his sentiments are in the right direction. I also am an old git who has seen our best days and players.

Islington Hibs
21-09-2014, 02:16 PM
You're not old enough cos that's not the first time. :wink:

Hibs were relegated in 1931, finished 7th in second division the following season, and were promoted in 1933.

Yes this is almost certainly the worst in 80 years. However after the 1930's we roared back in the 1940's and 1950's. We will back!

Hermit Crab
21-09-2014, 02:44 PM
Yes this is almost certainly the worst in 80 years. However after the 1930's we roared back in the 1940's and 1950's. We will back!

I dont think we will. We are like Leeds united or Middlesbrough. Top league regulars for years then get relegated and struggle to come back up.

Bostonhibby
21-09-2014, 03:59 PM
Too early to say if its lowest ever, we have most of the season left and the indications are we haven't found our level yet. We are still doing preseason experimentation without the luxury of being able to sign anyone as we neglected to do it earlier.

Sas_The_Hibby
21-09-2014, 04:06 PM

Roll on 2034.

Oh, wait a minute; I'll probably be dead by then! :greengrin