PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV Subscription

Callum_62
20-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Hi,

Just realised Hibs have taken another 8.99GBP for my monthly subs to Hibs TV

I wasn't aware this was a recurring payment

Anyone know how you go about cancelling - Ive looked on my profile/subs etc and see no where that I can click cancel

I only signed up for live video of teh games as im overseas - unfortunately that still seems someway off

madhatter
21-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Hi,

Just realised Hibs have taken another 8.99GBP for my monthly subs to Hibs TV

I wasn't aware this was a recurring payment

Anyone know how you go about cancelling - Ive looked on my profile/subs etc and see no where that I can click cancel

I only signed up for live video of teh games as im overseas - unfortunately that still seems someway off

I'd also like to cancel - anybody know how to? Otherwise I'll get in touch with club.

cabbageandribs1875
21-09-2014, 03:24 PM
on any normal subscription site on the internet there's always an option to cancel subs on the same site, but no, not HibsTV, you have to e-mail someone to do so, i cancelled my DD via paypal two weeks ago and then received an e-mail last week from HTV thanking me for my latest £6 :rolleyes: last straw for me was when they couldn't even apologise to subscribers for them cancelling the commentary of the Dumbarton cup game....poor show

California-Hibs
21-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Good luck canceling! I had the most horrific time paying them for months on end after I continued to stress via email about my demand to cancel.

They are a joke from top to bottom. As pointed out, they are very sneaky with hiding the option to cancel the best they can!

GreenLake
21-09-2014, 04:31 PM
I paid a year in advance so I guess I am stuck with the audio until they can find a contractor to install some cable (something you could get done in any other western industrialized nation within a few days).

California-Hibs
22-09-2014, 03:35 PM
I paid a year in advance so I guess I am stuck with the audio until they can find a contractor to install some cable (something you could get done in any other western industrialized nation within a few days).

In the same boat, it's a bloody pain.

Berwickhibby
22-09-2014, 03:47 PM
In the same boat, it's a bloody pain.

Me too!!!

Baker9
23-09-2014, 12:19 AM
You can't cancel. I paid annually last year and wasn't allowed to cancel. Paid again for this year but no content yet. They see it as a donation to the club and not a commercial transaction. I would sue them if it wasn't Hibs.

Callum_62
23-09-2014, 12:22 AM
You can't cancel. I paid annually last year and wasn't allowed to cancel. Paid again for this year but no content yet. They see it as a donation to the club and not a commercial transaction. I would sue them if it wasn't Hibs.

Possibly you cant get the money back if you have paid annually

Ive on a monthly subscription though - so I must eb able to stop this

Looks like I will need to email the club

Annoying, as I may sign up again once live streaming is set up.....but then, if its poor it will be another email to the club

maybe they should reinstate the cancel subscription button....

GreenLake
23-09-2014, 12:35 AM

I paid with my American Express Platinum card and if I wanted to cancel due to services not being as described I doubt there would be much problem getting one of the customer service agents to call up and achieve a refund. I put a lot of payments through that card each year and almost never dispute any of them. I'm not going to cancel though and will let the payment stay at the club. I have however, removed Hibernian FC as the beneficiary in my will and left everything to the SFA with a condition that they remove Petrie from any committees. :greengrin

Callum_62
23-09-2014, 08:04 PM
According to the chat section of the Ross County game

Hibernian TV claim the live vidfeo will be available for teh next home game:

"hibernianfc: Video will be ready for the next home game

jack.griffiths@carlsonrezidor.com: when is video going to be ready?
"

Thats start of October

Might just keep my subs active until then

CA Hibby
23-09-2014, 10:37 PM
I thought there was an announcement just after the Rangers game that there would be no Hibs TV until October due to revamp of the site and service..
Wanna cancel tweet hibs official im sure somebody will be in touch real soon..

Callum_62
23-09-2014, 10:47 PM
I thought there was an announcement just after the Rangers game that there would be no Hibs TV until October due to revamp of the site and service..
Wanna cancel tweet hibs official im sure somebody will be in touch real soon..

There was, but accoring to someone, Dempster had mentioned it wouldnt be next home game, and pushed it out until November

Septimus
24-09-2014, 06:38 AM
In the beginning we got Stuart and lots of buffering but at least we got something. In these pioneering days there was enthusiasm. Now there is not much on offer.Maybe all those who plan protests of some kind or another should turn up with buckets and spades and dig the hole for the cable if that is what it needs.

Will the Rangers game be broadcast? Surely it is on Sky or something.

oneone73
24-09-2014, 06:42 AM
In the beginning we got Stuart and lots of buffering but at least we got something. In these pioneering days there was enthusiasm. Now there is not much on offer.Maybe all those who plan protests of some kind or another should turn up with buckets and spades and dig the hole for the cable if that is what it needs.

Will the Rangers game be broadcast? Surely it is on Sky or something.

BT Sport.

Septimus
25-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Will things be up and running before the dundee united game? If not will it be possible to watch via the Dundee United programmer which iirr is good?

Berwickhibby
25-09-2014, 12:45 PM
There was, but accoring to someone, Dempster had mentioned it wouldnt be next home game, and pushed it out until November

I posted that, here is the paragraph from Leeann's email...... you decide----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is an issue regarding the upload requirements for broadband which have become larger than expected, this means essentially that we’ve had to upgrade again the broadband line within the stadium. This has been delayed because the availability of the telecoms main supplier to do the work. We have a tentative date for installation in 4 weeks’ time but up until that point, it will be audio only.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope it is up and running for the next home game but I would not hold my breath. This email was sent to me on 15th Sep

Keith_M
25-09-2014, 12:58 PM
It really is ridiculous that everybody is STILL waiting for Video coverage. I was going to subscribe but forgot. I'm now glad I did.

Hibrandenburg
25-09-2014, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. The service is lousy and the customer service non existent.

Gus Fring
25-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Can't see me ever giving money for this service again. The first few months have been terrible. The live commentary cuts out and getting highlights etc is hit and miss. Waste of money IMHO.

OsloHibs
25-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Can't see me ever giving money for this service again. The first few months have been terrible. The live commentary cuts out and getting highlights etc is hit and miss. Waste of money IMHO.

My service has always been great, I've never had any problems! The audio this season has been fine too.

Peevemor
25-09-2014, 09:22 PM
I always had problems with the streams up until last season. The streams were great - shame about what we were watching.

I got the email a month or two ago saying that the the service was revamped so I had to reinscribe. I tried with 2 different (solvent) bank cards but I kept getting a message saying there was a problem with my payment.

I'll try again once they've confirmed that the video will be up and running.

Iggy Pope
26-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Contact the club if you are unhappy. 0131 661 2159.

I am a UK user (I appreciate that International users might have different grumbles, but the numbers on your phone keypad are the same). I was pretty hacked off with the hike in fees and the service and the lack of a facility online that would let you alter your subscription.

I got a good response, much better than I expected.

It only took a phone call. The Media team get 10/10 for their reaction to my complaints.