PDA

View Full Version : Players that should be punted

KiddA
20-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Here is my list of players that should not be anywhere near the first team at Easter Road. Players that let us down big time last season and continue to let us down in the Championship. How these players have not been told to leave yet is beyond me after the worst season I can remember. If we are going to just scrape by this season I would rather just see these guys move on as they are dead wood and give younger players with a bit of hunger and desire more play time. Lets face it we cannot get any worse so why not?

Lewis Stevenson - Mediocre player who gives 100% but is very average. He must look like Maldini in training to get a game
Scott Robertson - See above
Liam Craig - I was pleased when we first signed him but hides and does not take any responsibility
Paul Heffernan - Not interested and just happy to pick up a wage, everyone keeps telling me once he is fit he will start banging the goals in. We have been saying this for two seasons now.

I did have Jordan Forster on the list too but he is still young, I just don't think he is ready at the moment and has been thrown in at the deep end.

Stubbs has a tough job ahead but it is still early but if results continue like they have he will be on a shaky peg again. The guy needs time and I just feel his hands are tied with lack of signings and any backing. If we have no money then LD should come out and say that and be honest with the fans.

Thoughts please

DH1875
20-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Erm.........ALL OF THEM.

pedroorange1875
20-09-2014, 10:40 PM
Here is my list of players that should not be anywhere near the first team at Easter Road. Players that let us down big time last season and continue to let us down in the Championship. How these players have not been told to leave yet is beyond me after the worst season I can remember. If we are going to just scrape by this season I would rather just see these guys move on as they are dead wood and give younger players with a bit of hunger and desire more play time. Lets face it we cannot get any worse so why not?

Lewis Stevenson - Mediocre player who gives 100% but is very average. He must look like Maldini in training to get a game
Scott Robertson - See above
Liam Craig - I was pleased when we first signed him but hides and does not take any responsibility
Paul Heffernan - Not interested and just happy to pick up a wage, everyone keeps telling me once he is fit he will start banging the goals in. We have been saying this for two seasons now.

I did have Jordan Forster on the list too but he is still young, I just don't think he is ready at the moment and has been thrown in at the deep end.

Stubbs has a tough job ahead but it is still early but if results continue like they have he will be on a shaky peg again. The guy needs time and I just feel his hands are tied with lack of signings and any backing. If we have no money then LD should come out and say that and be honest with the fans.

Thoughts please

Completely agree, add Hanlon to that list, again we heard the phrase "awful defending by Hanlon" on the radio many times, Cowan was very critical of him

hfc-1875
20-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Stevenson, Craig, Robertson, heffernan, Hanlon.

Bad Martini
20-09-2014, 10:44 PM
We're losing to championship teams and scraping results against others. I'm seeing less and less resson to think any good of any of them....

greenpaper55
20-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Players have to progress to a certain level or you have to let them go, Hanlon and Stevenson should be top of the list as they are at their peak and that peaked at mediocrity a long time ago. Robertson is finished at even this level and you could add in a fair few of the rest of the squad, what a shambles.

KiddA
20-09-2014, 11:41 PM
Completely agree, add Hanlon to that list, again we heard the phrase "awful defending by Hanlon" on the radio many times, Cowan was very critical of him

Agreed I also keep hearing Hanlon is our best defender, he has been shocking since he came back.

gegs70
21-09-2014, 12:10 AM
You could easily add a few of the youngsters to a list that I'm not sure should be playing as much Stanton Handling etc. The only one that looks decent enough is Cummings and he struggles to get a game before heffernan.

Wighty76
21-09-2014, 12:57 AM
Heffernan didn't even make the bench today. Hopefully Stubbs has binned him for good.

leither17
21-09-2014, 06:51 AM
Any player who played a part last season

BSEJVT
21-09-2014, 06:52 AM
It doesn't bode well that Stubbs is making wholesale changes every week and dumping guys in / out the squad completely.

That suggests that he hasn't a Scooby about his best squad let alone team.

Its also suggests that he reads the papers / internet and adjusts his team accordingly to fit in with what the supporters think.

Either some of these guys are brilliant in training and bottle it on matchdays, in which case they should be booted permanently or he is just rolling the dice and hoping for the best,

Handling plays every week we give him a 4 year deal then drop him?

Our substitutions are pitiful and he cant seem to assess that a system is failing and change it quickly.

I am not yet advocating change but I am also far from convinced.

Onion
21-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Any player who played a part last season

:agree: Will always love the club but I've no affinity with the players who were responsible for last season's relegation. Butcher had to go, but most of the players disgraced themselves and Hibernian. Main reason I'm finding it so easy to stay away from games this season.

Lucius Apuleius
21-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Said at the end of last season I would prefer if every single one of them was let go. Never happened obviously so drew a line in the sand and moved on. Regretting get it now although I will say that the football is on the main better than last season. If only someone would shoot the bloody ball.

Ronniekirk
21-09-2014, 08:55 AM
Heffernan didn't even make the bench today. Hopefully Stubbs has binned him for good.
But by all accounts malonga and Sinclair were really poor which is disappointing as both added something when they came on against Cowdenbeath ,but as they are biottom of league and hearts beat them 5. 1, we can now see in hindsight that even that performance was a poor one .
Stubbs now has no idea what his best team I which is where T B was when we went into free fall ,chopping and changing each week ,a defence which is settled but can't keep a clean sheet and unable to score .

Pretty Boy
21-09-2014, 08:59 AM
The position we find ourselves in and most of the performances I have witnessed this season should mean absolutely no one is considered safe.

Heisenberg
21-09-2014, 08:59 AM
Stubbs now has no idea what his best team I which is where T B was when we went into free fall ,chopping and changing each week ,a defence which is settled but can't keep a clean sheet and unable to score .

That's exactly what this is reminding me of as well, except we sometimes do score against the part time teams. Stubbs needs to settle on a first eleven and pick them every week. I'd prefer Booth at left back and Fontaine at centre half. Replace Robertson with anyone apart from Liam Craig (who I'd have out wide ahead of Stanton tbh)

HH81
21-09-2014, 09:14 AM
I keep thinking about that Robertson mistake yesterday. You could see it a mile off and he was bottling tackle.

He needs out the door with Craig and Booth. As if they cant get in this team they must be crap.

Said for years Hanlon is a league 2 or conference player in England.

The_Exile
21-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Why is Booth not getting a game? He played well against Livi and then haven't seen him since. Is he injured?

PISTOL1875
21-09-2014, 10:40 AM
The player I would happily keep are Gray , Forster Booth , Kennedy , Cummings and big Farid...

I feel there is a player in Liam Craig if he is played in the final third where he has performed well in the past..

Paul Hanlon is never a central defender and Lewis Stevenson seems a good lad who will try his best but are living of the coattails of previous seasons.. These guys are just not good enough... Alex Harris , Sam Stanton and Danny Handling have never pushed on after showing some early promise.. Scott Robertson I feel doesn't bring anything to our team , infact he's caused more harm that good in my opinion.. The goalie is still out on Mark Oxley..

Bobby's Cinema
21-09-2014, 10:45 AM
We know how bad we are. This is the squad we now have. No one is getting emptied. Not until January anyway.

Disgraceful position to be in

truehibernian
21-09-2014, 10:53 AM
None of them - the real key to success will be hard work and fitness, hence they need to have them at training more. I watched Hearts yesterday for my sins and they key to the win was fitness and pace. All over the pitch the players looked lean and strong - that has to be work on and off the training pitch. None of their players are blessed with more skill than our players - it's just they have a stronger mentality, will to win and fitness.

Simple as that - get them in, get them fit, drill them, work on their heads. We have a decent squad, however we need players to really focus on their fitness, workrate and above all confidence.

Other sides are very well versed in this league and it shows - they have a 'dig in' mentality. We, the bigger club against most, are their target - sadly the players, some of them, are of a fragile mentality and they need to learn a dose of arrogance but more importantly they need to have supreme belief that they run out that tunnel to win. Even if going a goal down.

Mind and body - that is where the work needs carried out - they have the skill sets.

Paloschi
21-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Hanlon - too soft, pussy.

Forster - too many mistakes at the back but remains one of our top goal threats. Perhaps in a back 3?

Stevenson - terrible footballer IMO. Gives 100% but not good enough, even in this league.

Craig - pussy and downright awful.

Robertson - obviously cares, obviously not good enough though. Wayward lost soul in the middle of the park.

Harris - no confidence, he's almost been injury free for 9 months now and I think we have destroyed him.

Heffernan - don't get me started on him.

TrinityHibby
21-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Erm.........ALL OF THEM.
Unbelievable as it is there is not a single hibs player I would be sad to see leave. I cannot recall in my lifetime any squad when this was the case.