PDA

View Full Version : Are there any Happy Clappers left?

Forza Fred
20-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Who think we can still get promoted this season?

Serious question.

Sir David Gray
20-09-2014, 09:33 PM

Serious question.

We don't have a hope in Hell of being promoted this season.

At this rate, avoiding the relegation play off will be a bonus.

SMAXXA
20-09-2014, 09:36 PM
We will be in this league again next season anyone else who thinks different are deluding themselves. We are a club in transition with a manager who we have to expect is cutting his teeth and will continually have people question his credentials. Not wrong by the way, results have been poor and Stubbs deserves the flack or infact the lack of flack that has come or is yet to come his way.

unacceptable alan and I wouldn't be surprised if your honeymoon period is getting short lived, things need to change and your the man that needs to change things or else........

Golden Bear
20-09-2014, 09:43 PM
Sadly we've all been conditioned into accepting utter cack as being the norm.

GreenLake
20-09-2014, 09:52 PM
Sadly we've all been conditioned into accepting utter cack as being the norm.

The same with football too. :wink:

over the line
20-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Big fat NO! :thumbdown:

MyJo
20-09-2014, 10:05 PM
nope....its got to the stage that i checked the score at half time because im at work, seen that we were losing and didnt give it a second thought until someone else in work asked me "what the ****** is wrong with your team" at about 7 o clock when i guessed that there was no miracle comeback.

Bostonhibby
20-09-2014, 10:08 PM
We've got EM and a big shiny stand. I'm a clapping boss, I'm a clapping.
Maybe not.

Time For Heroes
20-09-2014, 10:09 PM
I still believe we can win the league, the players just need time, if the fans get off there backs we would be in a much better position, clearly im at the wind up.
Getting beat from part time players is just not acceptable, totally losing interest to the point that i dont even get annoyed with it all.

DH1875
20-09-2014, 10:35 PM
I'm sure there will be plenty along soon who think we are all ar#e wholes for thinking that we could be relegated last season, for not entering into the whole relegation party at the pbs, for calling for Butchers head after we were relegated, for us not being happy at recruiting a rookie manager who knows naff all about scottish championship football (lets face it, at the time who did) for sticking by the squad that got us relegated, for not thinking that paying £405 for a season ticket is a bargain. For being unrealistic in thinking we should be able to challenge teams like ICT, Ross County, St Mirren, Killie, Partick Thistle never mind teams like Alloa and QofS.

Yep, we're all ar#e wholes for spending 20+ years following Hibs and spending thousands in the process. Happy clappers???? They really do my nut in at times.

ehf
20-09-2014, 10:40 PM

Serious question.

"Peter Douglas" will be along eventually.

Hamish
20-09-2014, 10:52 PM
At 70 minutes both The Rangers and us were 1 goal down away from home. The Rangers were 3/1 to win, we were 14/1. Just about sums up how poor we are.

heretoday
20-09-2014, 11:26 PM
They won't go up this year. Maybe next year. Other major clubs have been through this. Dundee anyone?

Pete
21-09-2014, 02:07 AM
"Peter Douglas" will be along eventually.

:applause:

I do actually think there is a chance of us being promoted but it's going to have to be through the play offs. Top four will give us a chance and even though it will be hard going and will take a turnaround, I still believe it's possible.

Even if we do scrape into contention we will probably face a two legged affair against a Falkirk followed by one against sevco or hearts, followed by one against a poor premier league team.

It's not impossible but I'm not putting money on us getting through that.

Liberal Hibby
21-09-2014, 02:13 AM
There are no happy clappers left - as of 26th May. But that doesn't mean we couldn't get promoted.

But there is precious little sign anyone at Easter Road has a scoobie about how to do it.

GreenLake
21-09-2014, 02:25 AM
I thought Stubb's team would compete for the league and that a few of the players we brought in were improvements. Since Farid's injury things have taken a turn for the worse and I feel like we are spinning our wheels unable to get going. It feels more like a dose of the clappers.

sahib
21-09-2014, 08:46 AM
We will be in this league again next season anyone else who thinks different are deluding themselves. We are a club in transition with a manager who we have to expect is cutting his teeth and will continually have people question his credentials. Not wrong by the way, results have been poor and Stubbs deserves the flack or infact the lack of flack that has come or is yet to come his way.

unacceptable alan and I wouldn't be surprised if your honeymoon period is getting short lived, things need to change and your the man that needs to change things or else........

That's almost reassuring. On current form we could be in the div below.

loanheadhibby
21-09-2014, 09:12 AM
I thought Stubb's team would compete for the league and that a few of the players we brought in were improvements. Since Farid's injury things have taken a turn for the worse and I feel like we are spinning our wheels unable to get going. It feels more like a dose of the clappers.

Last time we went down we had a manager with premier league experience who had the personality and budget to sign latapy, Franck, mixu and zitelli.

now we have an untried u21 manager who has a budget to attract the likes of gray, Kennedy and Allan.

I'm not sure what the answer is but we're out the race for the title already.

emerald green
21-09-2014, 10:09 AM
Anyone who thinks this squad, under an inexperienced head coach, can get promotion this season is simply burying their head in the sand, and need to stop the wishful thinking.

There is absolutely no evidence, or a sign, that this is even a remote possibility.

Hibs are lucky they've got 6 points on the board. One win came from a flook goal from our goalkeeper, and the other from a 94th minute goal against a part time team at the bottom of the league FFS. Both home games into the bargain. Could easily have been sitting on just 2 points this morning.

Iain G
21-09-2014, 10:13 AM
Last time we went down we had a manager with premier league experience who had the personality and budget to sign latapy, Franck, mixu and zitelli.

now we have an untried u21 manager who has a budget to attract the likes of gray, Kennedy and Allan.

3 players who at this level should be more than good enough.

Hibernia&Alba
21-09-2014, 10:26 AM
Deep down I didn't believe it at any stage. It's such a tough division this season.

GreenLake
21-09-2014, 10:28 AM

We are also out of the list of teams reported on at teamtalk.com (http://www.teamtalk.com/scottish-premier). I can't find reports on us at all on that web site now.

erin go bragh
21-09-2014, 11:03 AM
11 emergency loans and we will be fine :)

Ggtth

Iain G
21-09-2014, 11:08 AM
11 emergency loans and we will be fine :)

Ggtth

"So Leeann, what's your justification for these 11 emergency loan deals, you don't seem to have that many injuries?"

"Well, we have now thoroughly tested a number of our first team players and finally worked out that they aren't actually footballers...."

Bostonhibby
21-09-2014, 12:03 PM
So it doesn't sound like there are enough "happy clappers" to merit setting up a focus group then?:wink:

Alfred E Newman
21-09-2014, 12:24 PM
Anyone who thinks this squad, under an inexperienced head coach, can get promotion this season is simply burying their head in the sand, and need to stop the wishful thinking.

There is absolutely no evidence, or a sign, that this is even a remote possibility.

Hibs are lucky they've got 6 points on the board. One win came from a flook goal from our goalkeeper, and the other from a 94th minute goal against a part time team at the bottom of the league FFS. Both home games into the bargain. Could easily have been sitting on just 2 points this morning.

Sadly I have to agree. A look at the squad tells you how dreadfully poor it is and a raw manager who appears out his depth, a board that don't seem to grasp the desperate situation we are in and a support that have almost thrown the towel in. Grim times for the club.

Lucius Apuleius
21-09-2014, 12:27 PM
I'm sure there will be plenty along soon who think we are all ar#e wholes for thinking that we could be relegated last season, for not entering into the whole relegation party at the pbs, for calling for Butchers head after we were relegated, for us not being happy at recruiting a rookie manager who knows naff all about scottish championship football (lets face it, at the time who did) for sticking by the squad that got us relegated, for not thinking that paying £405 for a season ticket is a bargain. For being unrealistic in thinking we should be able to challenge teams like ICT, Ross County, St Mirren, Killie, Partick Thistle never mind teams like Alloa and QofS.

Yep, we're all ar#e wholes for spending 20+ years following Hibs and spending thousands in the process. Happy clappers???? They really do my nut in at times.

Funnily enough it is constant negativity that does my nut in at times. I don't think anybody would disagree we are in a pretty damned bad place, however I am an optimist at heart and still feel we have a chance of reaching theplay offs. Whether we are then good enough to take advantage, I don't know.

emerald green
21-09-2014, 12:31 PM
Sadly I have to agree. A look at the squad tells you how dreadfully poor it is and a raw manager who appears out his depth, a board that don't seem to grasp the desperate situation we are in and a support that have almost thrown the towel in. Grim times for the club.

:agree: Gives me no pleasure to post stuff like that MB, and I'm sure you feel the same too.

I just feel so powerless, frustrated, and angry at the desperate situation our club finds itself in. I wonder if Sir Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie feel the same way this morning? I very much doubt it, and therein lies the problem.

davidw
21-09-2014, 02:22 PM

Serious question.
There would be a joy in finishing 4th, about 25 points behind Hearts, but then beating them in the play off. Oh, the beautiful irony...

However, at this rate we're more likely to be in the relegation play-off than the promotion one.

_hucks_
22-09-2014, 07:31 PM
I believe we might well finish in a play-off place. I believe that by the end of the season, we might be gelled enough to have a decent enough chance of doing well in said play-off. I don't believe that we will go up, but I certainly believe that we could.

The Leith Dutch
22-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Obviously on current form - no chance.

That said - and without meaning I'm happy with the squad - there is no reason why not if the players we have actually start playing to the level they're capable of as, on paper, it's a better squad than anyone else barring the yams and sevco (possibly the equal of the yams).

Now before anyone rips in: yes we're shockingly poor at the moment - a near guarantee of conceding soft goals and nowhere near clinical enough at the other end.

The fact of the matter however is we're not losing to teams who have better players.

Performance? Desire? Poor organisation? Unspecified rankness at the heart of the club? Petrie diddling the players wives?
****** knows but until we do know we're not going to turn it round.
If we do turn it round there's nothing about the other teams that should worry us.

Hibeesmad
22-09-2014, 07:48 PM
We can still finish 4th maybe 3rd if we put our act together but to beat Hearts or Rangers over 2 legs would be difficult

Swedish hibee
22-09-2014, 09:11 PM
Ask again in January. Never thought this time last year we'd be relegated... So I'm saying nothing until then.

Bruceb1875
22-09-2014, 10:04 PM

Serious question.
No chance....

Bruceb1875
22-09-2014, 10:06 PM
I believe we might well finish in a play-off place. I believe that by the end of the season, we might be gelled enough to have a decent enough chance of doing well in said play-off. I don't believe that we will go up, but I certainly believe that we could.
8th in table come May

jacomo
23-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Ask again in January. Never thought this time last year we'd be relegated... So I'm saying nothing until then.

Me neither, but then I clearly had misplaced faith in the Butcher. So depressing that it's not even October yet and we are miles off the pace. Much more of this and LD will start getting serious flak too.

When will the penny drop with the people who run our club eh? Will be interesting to see who fronts up at the AGM...

dangermouse
23-09-2014, 12:01 PM
On the plus side, we should romp league one next season :wink:

Steve20
23-09-2014, 12:09 PM

Serious question.

Not a chance. Even if we were to somehow scrape into a playoff position, we wouldn't win the playoffs.

Hank Schrader
23-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Not a chance. Even if we were to somehow scrape into a playoff position, we wouldn't win the playoffs.

Totally agree, not a hope in hell.

CRAZYHIBBY
23-09-2014, 12:12 PM

That's the spirit😂

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2014, 12:13 PM
That's the spirit

Do you want them to lie, or say something they don't actually believe? Maybe best leaving that for those running the club eh.

Mango Man
23-09-2014, 12:16 PM
Hibs have never given me anything to be happy clapping about, in about 28 years supporting them I have seen about 4-5 good seasons, they nearly always let us down, I have so much apathy, anger, sadness and bitterness towards Hibs that you would honestly think I supported another team, particularly over the last 6-7 years. I have always maintained that whatever is the worst thing that could happen to Hibs, will.

KeithTheHibby
23-09-2014, 12:33 PM

We were never in the race from the first place. The club never had the intention to try and get us out of the division at the first time of asking hence all the loan signings and lack of quality. Shameful really and this is why we need a change in ownership pronto.

mutley
23-09-2014, 12:39 PM
On the plus side, we should romp league one next season :wink:

Didn't we say that about the Championship??

Brightside
23-09-2014, 01:53 PM
Do you want them to lie, or say something they don't actually believe? Maybe best leaving that for those running the club eh.

We're going to win the league. :na na:

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2014, 02:02 PM
We're going to win the league. :na na:

:greengrin mad as a box of frogs, next you will be telling me Malonga has a Scottish granny and will win 100 caps for us.

One Day Soon
23-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Nope. We're totally ******d.

I believe the chatter that the club is trying to bring in Griffiths on loan. It is too little, far too late.

The club deserves to see a near empty stadium for the next few games. It is what they have earned.

This season's signings have been a complete joke. Quality not quantity? Yes, if by 'Quality' you mean no quality and by 'quantity' you mean no quantity.

Lucius Apuleius
23-09-2014, 03:59 PM

Is that not the same argument/discussion we had when Butcher told the truth? :wink:

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2014, 04:43 PM
Is that not the same argument/discussion we had when Butcher told the truth? :wink:

Butcher was a bluffer from day 1, he wouldn't know either way if he was lying or not? :wink:

Lucius Apuleius
23-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Butcher was a bluffer from day 1, he wouldn't know either way if he was lying or not? :wink:

He knew sh*** when he saw it and told them.

FitbaFolkKen
23-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Yeah we can, I don't think we will, but it's not impossible!

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2014, 05:43 PM

And thats the main reason we went down, his man management and motivational skills.

silverhibee
23-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Happy clapping.

Lucius Apuleius
23-09-2014, 08:03 PM
And thats the main reason we went down, his man management and motivational skills.

Correct, however he was also correct. Discussion is irrelevant but if he hadn't said it we would have slagged him down to the ground for talking sh***.

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Correct, however he was also correct. Discussion is irrelevant but if he hadn't said it we would have slagged him down to the ground for talking sh***.

No he wasn't right, we all know we had a poor team but the last thing you do is demoralise them. Yet as poor a team as i think we had, Fenlon would never have relegated them, and we'd be nowhere near the mess we are in now if he'd stayed.

jabis
23-09-2014, 08:30 PM

Serious question.

Are there any happy clappers left?
That was your original question, before you changed it. Yes would be the answer, infact 45% of people might agree..... Happy clappers obviously :-)

Forza Fred
23-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Are there any happy clappers left?
That was your original question, before you changed it. Yes would be the answer, infact 45% of people might agree..... Happy clappers obviously :-)

Dunno where I changed it?:confused:

Lucius Apuleius
23-09-2014, 08:45 PM
No he wasn't right, we all know we had a poor team but the last thing you do is demoralise them. Yet as poor a team as i think we had, Fenlon would never have relegated them, and we'd be nowhere near the mess we are in now if he'd stayed.

Going to have to agree to disagree then G. I think the players got the message we thought they were crap. Agree about Fenlon but then again I wasn't sure sacking him was the right thing to do at the time.

Brightside
23-09-2014, 08:49 PM
:greengrin mad as a box of frogs, next you will be telling me Malonga has a Scottish granny and will win 100 caps for us.

Agnes McMalonga has just received a call from the SFA.

blackpoolhibs
23-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Agnes McMalonga has just received a call from the SFA.

:faf: :top marks

worcesterhibby
24-09-2014, 07:33 AM
Do I believe we "CAN" get promoted this season ? yes

Do I believe we "WILL" get promoted this season ? It will be hard

Stubbs is a good man with a good knowledge of the game and a positive attitude, he is inexperienced, but we need to build something new and different.

The players that have been brought in to he club, I believe, are better than those they have replaced on the whole, although losing Farid was a real blow.

Here is what I do believe

We will Improve this season
We will end up in the top half
we do have a good chance of making the play offs
Anyone who makes the play offs has a chance of being promoted.

Feel free to abuse me for being gullible, stupid, happy clapper etc I'd rather you abused me than the team.

Thecat23
24-09-2014, 07:39 AM

Shame he never knew anything about tactics, set up, training, man management, and how to conduct himself in front of his own players. But apart from that he was great!

jacomo
24-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Nope. We're totally ******d.

I believe the chatter that the club is trying to bring in Griffiths on loan. It is too little, far too late.

The club deserves to see a near empty stadium for the next few games. It is what they have earned.

This season's signings have been a complete joke. Quality not quantity? Yes, if by 'Quality' you mean no quality and by 'quantity' you mean no quantity.

Not true. We have signed a bit of quality - shame that we still have an unbalanced squad and hardly any cover in key positions.

hibspayne
24-09-2014, 08:24 AM
Do I believe we "CAN" get promoted this season ? yes

Do I believe we "WILL" get promoted this season ? It will be hard

Stubbs is a good man with a good knowledge of the game and a positive attitude, he is inexperienced, but we need to build something new and different.

The players that have been brought in to he club, I believe, are better than those they have replaced on the whole, although losing Farid was a real blow.

Here is what I do believe

We will Improve this season
We will end up in the top half
we do have a good chance of making the play offs
Anyone who makes the play offs has a chance of being promoted.

Feel free to abuse me for being gullible, stupid, happy clapper etc I'd rather you abused me than the team.

Totall agree ;) Onward and upward :gwa:

Kavinho
24-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Greetings all, first post from me.

Completely agree. I like to think its a pragmatic perspective.

Lucius Apuleius
24-09-2014, 11:28 AM
Shame he never knew anything about tactics, set up, training, man management, and how to conduct himself in front of his own players. But apart from that he was great!

WTF said he was great? Only you as far as I can see.

Thecat23
24-09-2014, 11:31 AM
WTF said he was great? Only you as far as I can see.

Calm yourself down to a panic 😄 it was tongue in cheek!

Joking aside though he was a terrible manager who didn't know how to set a team up. His training sessions were school boy stuff too according to many at Hibs and also couple at ICT.

I couldn't have been more wrong as I thought he'd do well when he arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucius Apuleius
24-09-2014, 11:35 AM
Calm yourself down to a panic  it was tongue in cheek!

Joking aside though he was a terrible manager who didn't know how to set a team up. His training sessions were school boy stuff too according to many at Hibs and also couple at ICT.

I couldn't have been more wrong as I thought he'd do well when he arrived.

Totally calm:wink: Merely pointing out that it is OK for us to call all the team crap but not the ex-manager. Also that if the ex-manager had said otherwise we would have been on him like a ton of bricks hinting that he did not have a clue etc etc etc. He was in a no win situation. But as I said he managed to prove it himself so all discussion on the ex-manager should now be ceased. Still think we were wrong to sack Fenlon when we did. After the Malmo game I would have understood. :na na:

Thecat23
24-09-2014, 11:39 AM
I just can't believe he took us down. Actually I can after hearing the horror stories.

Malmo game still gives me nightmares 😫

I think Stubbs will turn out to be a good manager, and will do alright. But then again I said the same about the last two 😄

blackpoolhibs
24-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Totally calm:wink: Merely pointing out that it is OK for us to call all the team crap but not the ex-manager. Also that if the ex-manager had said otherwise we would have been on him like a ton of bricks hinting that he did not have a clue etc etc etc. He was in a no win situation. But as I said he managed to prove it himself so all discussion on the ex-manager should now be ceased. Still think we were wrong to sack Fenlon when we did. After the Malmo game I would have understood. :na na:

I thought he resigned?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24776959

Lucius Apuleius
24-09-2014, 12:12 PM
I thought he resigned?

He did, but was as good as a sacking except it MAYBE never cost us any money.

Keith_M
24-09-2014, 01:06 PM
Greetings all, first post from me.

Completely agree. I like to think its a pragmatic perspective.

Welcome to the Bi-Polar Outlook Forum

:thumbsup:

MWHIBBIES
24-09-2014, 01:47 PM
Totally calm:wink: Merely pointing out that it is OK for us to call all the team crap but not the ex-manager. Also that if the ex-manager had said otherwise we would have been on him like a ton of bricks hinting that he did not have a clue etc etc etc. He was in a no win situation. But as I said he managed to prove it himself so all discussion on the ex-manager should now be ceased. Still think we were wrong to sack Fenlon when we did. After the Malmo game I would have understood. :na na:Without question, should have kept him until his contract was up and got someone fresh it with new ideas. Pat would have had us comfortable safe last season.

weecounty hibby
24-09-2014, 09:09 PM
At least twice in my lifetime Hearts have got off to a flying start in the league and guess what? Come the sharp end of the season when the medals are being handed out they got **** all!! Still a long way to go and I am still hopeful that we will get stronger as the season progresses and we will be in the playoffs with momentum in our favour. Then we all live happily ever after😃. I still believe

FranckSuzy
24-09-2014, 10:08 PM
At least twice in my lifetime Hearts have got off to a flying start in the league and guess what? Come the sharp end of the season when the medals are being handed out they got **** all!! Still a long way to go and I am still hopeful that we will get stronger as the season progresses and we will be in the playoffs with momentum in our favour. Then we all live happily ever after. I still believe

What's this? I must have missed that :agree: :wink:

Bostonhibby
24-09-2014, 10:08 PM
I thought he resigned?

:agree: But like every other manager RP has despatched he is just not (contractually) allowed to talk about it until the year 2080. Lets face it, none have spoken so the slice of the next seasons playing budget they have been given to keep their traps shut must make it worth their while.

That said, I think Fenlon had a bit of personal integrity so he might speak out on his death bed.:greengrin

Bostonhibby
24-09-2014, 10:12 PM
What's this? I must have missed that :agree: :wink:

FranckSuzy
24-09-2014, 10:16 PM

Nope, not ringing any bells :confused:

Bostonhibby
25-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Nope, not ringing any bells :confused:

Well................... half way through the season in 1986 I was in Edinburgh and kept hearing they had won the title and would do the double, there were t shirts printed early to celebrate the occasion.

I actually moved South before the end of that year so never did find out what went on. I am guessing you are in the same boat so I went into google and imagine my shock when I found that image which suggests that it looks like celtc caught up on them for the title and then they failed in the cup final as well - I really don't see how this could happen, not when so many people were clearly in premature celebration mode and St Mirren would have had to lie down to celtc too we were told.

I hope this helps jolt your memory of the time - if not there might be another photo or two somewhere?

FranckSuzy
25-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Well................... half way through the season in 1986 I was in Edinburgh and kept hearing they had won the title and would do the double, there were t shirts printed early to celebrate the occasion.

I actually moved South before the end of that year so never did find out what went on. I am guessing you are in the same boat so I went into google and imagine my shock when I found that image which suggests that it looks like celtc caught up on them for the title and then they failed in the cup final as well - I really don't see how this could happen, not when so many people were clearly in premature celebration mode and St Mirren would have had to lie down to celtc too we were told.

I hope this helps jolt your memory of the time - if not there might be another photo or two somewhere?

Thanks, can't believe that happened! Must have been pretty embarrassing for the Gorgie mob, the poor things.....

GORDONSMITH7
25-09-2014, 09:55 AM
What a great day out for the Poppy Thieves

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCjEsN4E85s

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/hearts13tf2.jpg

GGTTH

BIG G

Keith_M
25-09-2014, 09:57 AM
"Never mind losing the game, look what that b1tch did to ma hair! I'll never live it down"

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/hearts13tf2.jpg