PDA

View Full Version : 1-5 did it for me

7Hero
20-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Gordon Smith going to the jambos for nowt did it for my Grand father.

But amazingly some people on this board are still not done with hibs.

The let downs have been unbelieveable throughout the years, how any of you still go is beyond me..

I was a big hibbie, but like i say 1-5 did it for me, respect to all of you who still go but this club died a long time ago.

and, yes, it will get worse...

frazeHFC
20-09-2014, 08:58 PM
It sickens me at times, but never could I give up on it.

Billy McKirdy
20-09-2014, 09:01 PM

The let downs have been unbelieveable throughout the years, how any of you still go is beyond me..

I was a big hibbie, but like i say 1-5 did it for me, respect to all of you who still go but this club died a long time ago.

Yet you still follow Hibs online at least?
Pointless post really...

Hibernia&Alba
20-09-2014, 09:02 PM
I dunno, maybe just blind loyalty, misplaced optimism, or addiction keeps us going. I defy any Hibs fan to say they gain enjoyment from going. I haven't been to an away game so far this season and can't make any promises regarding future seasons.

tamig
20-09-2014, 09:03 PM

So will you never return - even if we somehow get back to being a top three team?

This club will never die.

Are you on the wind-up?

GreenArmyyy!
20-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Yet you still follow Hibs online at least?
Pointless post really...

Leave him alone mate, he is clearly hurting as all of us are.

NOLA
20-09-2014, 11:02 PM

have a word or go back to kickback :kbacker:

eastterrace
20-09-2014, 11:13 PM

jeez its only a game . whats all this club dying pish, last time i saw we were still on the go

Forza Fred
20-09-2014, 11:52 PM
It sickens me at times, but never could I give up on it.

Me neither.

I'm 63 and at the other end of the world, but there wouldn't be a day Hibs did not figure strongly in my thoughts.

DH1875
21-09-2014, 12:40 AM
I sat through 5-1, even staid till the end. Does it make me special? Does it duck. I was back a year later watching us getting humped of celtic and it was embarrassing but you know what, the last 15 mins of that game was the most fun I've had at the football in a long long time. Bouncing about without giving a duck singing allez, allez in a world off my own without anyone within 10 yards of me made it all the worth while and to an extent, to me, is what being a Hibs fan is all about. I expect to get beat from Celtic, I can actually just about deal with getting beat from the yams but when we are losing to the likes of QofS and Alloa and it even becomes acceptable by some of our support then I'm sorry but it's just not .................................................. ................................

Pete
21-09-2014, 01:09 AM
"1-5" and "this club died".

Just woeful. GTF.

Zondervan
21-09-2014, 01:28 AM

What a slaver you are!

Quick, get back to your cave in Broadmoor before you get locked up with all the other Savile's.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
21-09-2014, 01:30 AM

Sounds like a yam.

California-Hibs
21-09-2014, 02:45 AM
Only a Hearts fan would post crap like that. Away and get a grip of yourself. F The Hearts!

marinello59
21-09-2014, 06:03 AM

Why are you bothering to troll here then?

Iain G
21-09-2014, 06:50 AM

That's kinda what supporting any football team is about, you stick with them through the bad times and it makes the good times, and they will come back, all that little bit sweeter :agree:

Billy McKirdy
21-09-2014, 08:21 AM
Only a Hearts fan would post crap like that. Away and get a grip of yourself. F The Hearts!

Seen that straight away.

Keith_M
21-09-2014, 08:28 AM

:yw:

7Hero
21-09-2014, 01:33 PM
never meant to troll anyone.

Ok, the club hasn't died (it still operates), but something did die in hibs and me, plenty folk i speak to agree with this..

It would coincide with the soul being ripped out the club through the management and ownership of it, i believe this has slowly happened since the 07 cup final..There is plenty evidence of this, no need for me to go through all the horrific dissapointments of the team and the terrible business decisions made by the club since that time.

Fair play to all of you who still go, ST for 30 years, gave it up afer 1-5. There still my team, actually the only Club team i care at all about, not even scotland games come close.

pointless post, your probably right.. Certainly not a jambo though..

Nando™
21-09-2014, 02:06 PM
1-5 happened due to the abhorrent theft of other peoples' money by the ****miest club on the planet. We were done by cheats, the quicker you realise this the quicker you will get over it. I, personally, was over it before it happened. They never paid for their poppies, the lowest form of robbery.

Their actions breach the very principles the game is based upon, fair competition, as well as commiting terrible acts that are far more important than 22 guys running around a patch of grass kicking a ball.

Football is ****ed and will continue to be ****ed until the powers bring horrible clubs like them to account for their sins.

snooky
21-09-2014, 03:01 PM
In the 70's I was a regular.
When they sold Jimmy to St J, I started to pick my games.
After Pat went to Celtic, I never went back till 1986.
I never saw George Best play for us.
In the late 90's I started going again and continued to do so until just after the Killie SLCF.
Since then I've found myself going less. Not just because of the results, but because of the dreadful quality of football and refereeing.

History says STF 'saved' HFC. If so, why is he is allowing us to die by a 1000 cuts (no pun intended).
Is RP to blame? Who knows for sure but if his miserly reputation is true, it hasn't helped.
The Tache's presence is consistent in our slow decline in the last 8 or so years.

The future? TBH, I haven't the energy or enthusiasm to even think about it anymore.

ColintonHibs
21-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Hibs are a total embarrassment from top to bottom

superfurryhibby
21-09-2014, 03:13 PM
1-5 happened due to the abhorrent theft of other peoples' money by the ****miest club on the planet. We were done by cheats, the quicker you realise this the quicker you will get over it. I, personally, was over it before it happened. They never paid for their poppies, the lowest form of robbery.

Their actions breach the very principles the game is based upon, fair competition, as well as commiting terrible acts that are far more important than 22 guys running around a patch of grass kicking a ball.

Football is ****ed and will continue to be ****ed until the powers bring horrible clubs like them to account for their sins.

That's not really true , 1-5 happened because we were totally pish and got ripped by a fairly average team. It was no consolation to me on that darkest of days, that they employed players whose wages they ultimately couldn't afford. It was the worst day of my 45 years of going to games.

Nando™
21-09-2014, 03:36 PM
That's not really true , 1-5 happened because we were totally pish and got ripped by a fairly average team. It was no consolation to me on that darkest of days, that they employed players whose wages they ultimately couldn't afford. It was the worst day of my 45 years of going to games.

Us being ***** never helped, but, the main reason will always be their horrific theft of innocent peoples' money. People need to stop ignoring how horrible their conduct has been.

The people that peddle "what happens on the pitch is what matters" are ****wit roasters that need to get their priorities fixed. Millions upon millions stolen for a sporting advantage, loads of clubs shafted out of cups, higher league placings and European trips by those ***** and people are PATTING THEM ON THE BACK for getting out of administration after whatever it was that Salmond did under the table in Lithuania. Too many people are brushing this off as just another normal practice for a football club, it's absolutely sickening how it just gets forgotten about.

Not saying you are one of these people yet, but I've already seem similar before.

Learn to admit that we, and loads of other clubs, were cheated. The pain is non-existant, I feel worse about meaningless, end-of-season losses to Kilmarnock than 1-5.

Mikey
21-09-2014, 04:45 PM
For those who have reported this thread, I've met the OP several times and he aint no Jambo :wink:

SteveHFC
21-09-2014, 04:47 PM
For those who have reported this thread, I've met the OP several times and he aint no Jambo :wink:

People actually reported this thread :faf:

Tragic.

cabbageandribs1875
21-09-2014, 04:47 PM
lol@ posters reporting suspect yamboid threads :hilarious

The Green Goblin
21-09-2014, 05:01 PM
People actually reported this thread :faf:

Tragic.

lol@ posters reporting suspect yamboid threads :hilarious

To be fair, it`s what the admins ask folks to do, so that there are not outbreaks of arbitrary yam witch hunts every few days. :agree:

cleanyman
21-09-2014, 05:17 PM
1-5 wasn't even the tip of the iceberg.

How upsetting.

Pete
21-09-2014, 05:22 PM
To be fair, it`s what the admins as folks to do, so that there are not outbreaks of arbitrary yam witch hunts every few days. :agree:

:agree:

...and how do we know that those moaning about the reporters aren't undercover yams themselves?

Turkish Green
21-09-2014, 05:28 PM
At The Sound Of The Bell.

i am programmed to follow and go to games.

erin go bragh
21-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Our club nearly died in 91 but was saved without paying pennies in the pound ,unlike some . They had players they couldnt afford and a cheating official and still they couldnt hit 7 . Ill always be a proud Hibs supporter !

Ggtth

NAE NOOKIE
21-09-2014, 05:50 PM

Yeh well ...... The rest of us will just have to get on with it I suppose.

leggeto
21-09-2014, 06:59 PM

You will want a ticket for the next final but

Judas Iscariot
21-09-2014, 07:28 PM
You will want a ticket for the next final but

And he'll get one too :aok:

Just cause the guy has had enough means he's fair game to be labelled a Jambo!?

Poor form..

There's another 5,6K + like him..

Not his fault, the club and namely RP & STF are firmly to blame

Hibernia&Alba
21-09-2014, 07:52 PM
And he'll get one too :aok:

Just cause the guy has had enough means he's fair game to be labelled a Jambo!?

Poor form..

There's another 5,6K + like him..

Not his fault, the club and namely RP & STF are firmly to blame

And I doubt a Yam would bother to make over 2500 posts whilst pretending to be a Hibby. Not even they are that sad.

Phil D. Rolls
22-09-2014, 07:43 AM
Us being ***** never helped, but, the main reason will always be their horrific theft of innocent peoples' money. People need to stop ignoring how horrible their conduct has been.

The people that peddle "what happens on the pitch is what matters" are ****wit roasters that need to get their priorities fixed. Millions upon millions stolen for a sporting advantage, loads of clubs shafted out of cups, higher league placings and European trips by those ***** and people are PATTING THEM ON THE BACK for getting out of administration after whatever it was that Salmond did under the table in Lithuania. Too many people are brushing this off as just another normal practice for a football club, it's absolutely sickening how it just gets forgotten about.

Not saying you are one of these people yet, but I've already seem similar before.

Learn to admit that we, and loads of other clubs, were cheated. The pain is non-existant, I feel worse about meaningless, end-of-season losses to Kilmarnock than 1-5.

"Horrific" - what you talkin about Willis?

hibeeleicester
22-09-2014, 07:51 AM
The OP certainly isn't a Jambo! :wink:

erin go bragh
22-09-2014, 06:44 PM

Maybe not but the mutants will be creaming themselves over on broke back over the op's post .

Ggtth

Hibeesmad
22-09-2014, 06:52 PM
I think about the tough times at Hibs such as the 5-1 loss as well as every other derby we have lost, relegation back in May and the negativity which is in the club. And even though after all that, I still love this club. The good times will always be remembered, from that winning goal from O'Connor on his re-debut up in Inverness to the scenes at Killie when we got through to the semi final of the Scottish cup. This club may be going through a rough patch but I know we can come back stronger than ever, once we start, we won't stop.

tjay
22-09-2014, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE=7Hero;4176668]Gordon Smith going to the jambos for nowt did it for my Grand father.

and, yes, it will get worse...[/QOTE]

Really positive post pal ! Just what we need!

Nando™
22-09-2014, 07:09 PM
"Horrific" - what you talkin about Willis?

By deliberately not paying for services tendered by various companies and charities.

Dalkeith Hibee
23-09-2014, 05:21 PM
I dont blame anyone for not going back after 5-1. Theres worse things that can happen granted but to lose a cup final to that lot by that scoreline hurts a lot. So many loan players and guys who didnt give a **** about hibs. Ive still got my season ticket but I must admit Ive never felt the same enthusiasm since that day.

Cameron1875
23-09-2014, 05:35 PM
I dont blame anyone for not going back after 5-1. Theres worse things that can happen granted but to lose a cup final to that lot by that scoreline hurts a lot. So many loan players and guys who didnt give a **** about hibs. Ive still got my season ticket but I must admit Ive never felt the same enthusiasm since that day.

And yet here we are, 2 and a bit years later in the exact same position.

Unbelievable eh :bitchy:

Pete
23-09-2014, 05:38 PM
The OP might not be a yam (winky smiley) but it's developed into something extremely guntish.

Dalkeith Hibee
23-09-2014, 06:18 PM
And yet here we are, 2 and a bit years later in the exact same position.

Unbelievable eh :bitchy:

For me its something that doesnt work.....not the amount we bring in anyway. Either they are like Claros and Griffiths and we lose them. Or they are like Haynes or Soares and are pish.

andy1875
23-09-2014, 06:33 PM
1-5 was brutal, agreed.

We have been awful for what seems like an eternity. Agreed.

BUT

Supporting your club, be it any football club, is more than just turning up to see them on a Saturday.

For me it's about the laughs/emotion/love/friendship/reminiscence and much more that going to the games brings.

We've all left ER and said to someone, "eff this, no going back" only to be back the following week :greengrin

It's in the blood if we like it or not.

I'd rather go to see Hibs lose every week due to my reasons above in place of having no Hibs at all. We really would have something to moan about getting pulled along to the shops with the Mrs on a Saturday afternoon.

Keep the faith.

HappyHibby93
23-09-2014, 07:41 PM

What an utterly pointless post. If you don't have any interest in Hibs, why bother posting this stuff. We all remember what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superfurryhibby
24-09-2014, 06:58 AM

Personally' I don' t give a **** about their finances either way. I find it bizarre that anyone consoled themselves with thoughts about how they cheated. That is irrelevant to me. I think I'll settle for the worst day of my sporting life thanks and refute being 'similar' or needing to learn anything about how that was for me. I've not seen many people patting them on the back either, but hey, we all create our own mythology I suppose. Salmons doing deals under the table............... Comedy gold:faf::faf::f

worcesterhibby
24-09-2014, 07:09 AM
Maybe not, bit with a post like that he certainly can't call himself a Hibby.

Nando™
24-09-2014, 08:41 AM
Personally' I don' t give a **** about their finances either way. I find it bizarre that anyone consoled themselves with thoughts about how they cheated. That is irrelevant to me. I think I'll settle for the worst day of my sporting life thanks and refute being 'similar' or needing to learn anything about how that was for me. I've not seen many people patting them on the back either, but hey, we all create our own mythology I suppose. Salmons doing deals under the table............... Comedy gold:faf::faf::f
So Salmond speaking to Lithuanian authorities had nothing to do with Hearts then? And the administrators being very surprised at the favourable ruling makes it a coincidence then? Pish.

You give the idea that thier robbery means nothing and that if Hibs behaved in a similarly disgraceful way that it would be ok and that the victims of it should just shut their traps and get on with it. Bizarre.

MWHIBBIES
24-09-2014, 08:44 AM

and, yes, it will get worse...Fans supporting their team through thick and thin surely isn't that surprising?

Phil D. Rolls
24-09-2014, 08:53 AM
By deliberately not paying for services tendered by various companies and charities.

Hang the dirty *******s!!

Nando™
24-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Hang the dirty *******s!!

Quite right!

greenpaper55
24-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Nobody has ever asked Kim Jong Salmond what he actually said to the Lithuanian authorities, maybe it was that when he became king of Scotland he would see them alright !.

MrSmith
24-09-2014, 09:41 AM
We are not dead, just brutal! I will not pay any more into the club until the team begin to play like a top three club in Scotland!! I might be waiting a while but am as stubborn as those incumbents in charge!

jgl07
24-09-2014, 09:50 AM
Maybe not but why post like a Jambo? There were phrases straight out of the Yam script.

If it swims in the water and quacks then it probably is a duck.

GreenCastle
24-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Strangely I've been to more Hibs matches since that final than before and that includes seeing us beat the yams at a full ER since then so we are far from finished.

We are terrible right now and it frustrates me a lot - I am more frustrated / hurt about those who have run than our club into the ground the last few years than happenings with our pink neighbours.

I am hopeful the next few years something will give and we will return stronger but hard to see when that is going to change anytime soon.

I know I would 100% be a Hibs fan rather than a yam.

Diclonius
24-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Relegation was worse than the cup final for me.

Both were still inexcusable and it is a crime that our current board were in charge for both and still remain in power.

Bet you Petrie cared more about lost future revenue from that game than he did about the actual outcome.

Mango Man
24-09-2014, 11:09 AM
1-5 certainly did not kill us, it was pretty obvious we were going to get beat that day, team full of loan players, an unfit O'Connor, KUJABI, against our bogey team in our bogey cup, was never gonna happen, so much so I didn't even bother getting a ticket for it. We were in bother waaaaay before that final, after the CIS cup win was when it started, the events that have happened to Hibs since then is truly remarkable, 2 Scottish cup final losses, a record defeat in European football, flirting with relegation, relegation, knocked out of cups by teams in lower divisions, awful record against our local rivals, no football fan deserves that, we had a few months under yogi when we looked really good but that's been it for the last 7 years, we are just the biggest underachievers in club football.

Hibernia&Alba
24-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Relegation was worse than the cup final for me.

Both were still inexcusable and it is a crime that our current board were in charge for both and still remain in power.

Bet you Petrie cared more about lost future revenue from that game than he did about the actual outcome.

Good post. Agree with all points.