PDA

View Full Version : AGM Protest

theonlywayisup
20-09-2014, 07:31 PM
Thecat23 (see below) has suggested that a boycott of one home game will show our feelings to our club. However, many will not support that.

I propose an alternative form of peaceful protest that will not affect the income to our club, but will show our disenchantment with our Board.

I call on all shareholders who plan to attend the AGM to come dressed in a Hibs top from years gone by. To an era when Hibs really did deliver the product we all deserve. The one rule is not to wear this seasons football strip and last seasons should be banned too. The wearing of an 'old' Hibs top is a message that we have no faith at all, not one iota, in our Board or owner to deliver the product we all deserve.

What do those attending the AGM think? I don't want to be the only one in an 'old Hibs top!

Out of interest would you boycott one home game to show that as fans enough is enough. Hurt the owner and the board. Sounds harsh but the sooner he sells the better off Hibs will be.

It's very clear now that Hibs Farmer doesn't care for this club. I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea I wouldn't have done before I don't think but I can't take this anymore!

GGTTH

greenpaper55
20-09-2014, 07:34 PM
Why not dress up as RP, an Oliver Hardy look will do fine.

AFKA5814_Hibs
A protest outside the stadium by those not attending the AGM I imagine would be on the cards.

Bostonhibby
If I can make it up I will do it.need the date to be announced. Usually november in time to sack the manager?

Gatecrasher
20-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Im not a shareholder but i would be behind any sort of peaceful protest against the board and owner of our club.

theonlywayisup
If I can make it up I will do it.need the date to be announced. Usually november in time to sack the manager?

It is usually either side of the October schools holidays, this time starts on the 13th October.

Pretty Boy
Why don't sharwholders turn up at ER but refuse to enter the AGM?

None of us have any power anyway and any proposals are backed or rejected on STF and RPs say so. Outwith the Q&A at the end our attendance is superfluos. We won't learn anything from the Q&A either.

theonlywayisup
20-09-2014, 07:39 PM
A protest outside the stadium by those not attending the AGM I imagine would be on the cards.

Why not for those outside and those inside wear the 'old' Hibs strips to show our disenchantment with the Board.

zlatan
20-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Huge vote of no confidence the best option surely?

Billy Whizz
20-09-2014, 07:40 PM
When is the AGM

theonlywayisup
20-09-2014, 07:40 PM

None of us have any power anyway and any proposals are backed or rejected on STF and RPs say so. Outwith the Q&A at the end our attendance is superfluos. We won't learn anything from the Q&A either.

No! We have to turn the heat on our Board. I will not miss this AGM for anything.

Pretty Boy
20-09-2014, 07:41 PM

Makes no odds.

STF and Rod will just vote it down. I understand you are probably suggesting it is the act more than the outcome but they must know how the fans feel by now surely.

Billy Whizz
20-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Makes no odds.

STF and Rod will just vote it down. I understand you are probably suggesting it is the act more than the outcome but they must know how the fans feel by now surely.

They'll say it's not their fault, LD is in charge

theonlywayisup
20-09-2014, 07:43 PM

With the majority of the shares with STF & RP, a vote would only show less than 5% (or whatever the % is) are actually not happy with the Board's performance.

Golden Bear
20-09-2014, 07:44 PM
I've got a Carlsberg top - once worn and once spewed on. I think that would be most appropriate for the occasion. And do you get tea and biccies if you only have a £50 shareholding? - this is important.

theonlywayisup
20-09-2014, 07:45 PM
Makes no odds.

Which is why I suggest the 'old' Hibs top option. Shows our love of our club, a desire to get back to the 'old' days and our disenchantment of the Board.

theonlywayisup
20-09-2014, 07:48 PM
I've got a Carlsberg top - once worn and once spewed on. I think that would be most appropriate for the occasion. And do you get tea and biccies if you only have a £50 shareholding? - this is important.

You sure do! Be there and show your disenchantment with the Board.

Bostonhibby
20-09-2014, 07:49 PM
See southsiders post on todays match thread. That's got it potentially on the agenda. Definitely a small %age held by ordinary shareholders but there could be a very high number of individual hands shown, not great publicity for the 2 majority shareholders.the strip idea inside and outside is a good one.

AFKA5814_Hibs
20-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Why not for those outside and those inside wear the 'old' Hibs strips to show our disenchantment with the Board.

Could be a plan, hopefully my auld tops still fit me. 😄

Itsnoteasy
20-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Which is why I suggest the 'old' Hibs top option. Shows our love of our club, a desire to get back to the 'old' days and our disenchantment of the Board.

Is this the old days how the club was run or the old days that has brought us 2 cup trophys in a zillion years and no one alive that seen us win the SC.

Golden Bear
20-09-2014, 08:06 PM
Is this the old days how the club was run or the old days that has brought us 2 cup trophys in a zillion years and no one alive that seen us win the SC.

The Dryburgh cup is also a counter in my eyes but the term grasping at straws comes to mind.

Bostonhibby
20-09-2014, 08:07 PM
Its when we used to win quite a few games and / or play better football than we have been, especially when we were in the second tier of Scottish football.

NAE NOOKIE
20-09-2014, 09:02 PM
would be happy to turn up for a protest outside the AGM for non shareholders ... would have an impact if the protest outside could be heard inside during proceedings

silverhibee
20-09-2014, 09:14 PM
The protests should start at our next home game, lets let Petrie & co no that they are not welcome at our club any more and we want them out, banners, card display's and anti songs towards Petrie.

Make it a very uncomfortable day for them.

cabbageandribs1875
20-09-2014, 09:27 PM

not when there's free sandwiches and tea on offer :a bite::coffee:

cad
20-09-2014, 10:28 PM
AGM protest wont matter a toss ,empty the stadium then they will either listen or sell

FranckSuzy
20-09-2014, 10:34 PM
IMHO, the only issue about boycotting games in protest is that RP/STF/'The Club' in general already have the ST money in the bank (over 7,000 sold as per Hibs) so it would only really have an impact on the players, who look, to me, like they don't really need any more encouragement to play badly :rolleyes:

theonlywayisup
20-09-2014, 10:50 PM
AGM protest wont matter a toss ,empty the stadium then they will either listen or sell

But that is not going to happen. Far too many Hibs fans love Hibs for that to happen. That is why I thought of the AGM protest.

oneone73
20-09-2014, 11:00 PM
UOTE=silverhibee;4176695]The protests should start at our next home game, lets let Petrie & co no that they are not welcome at our club any more and we want them out, banners, card display's and anti songs towards Petrie.

Make it a very uncomfortable day for them.[/QUOTE]

By Petrie and co you mean Petrie and Farmer. But he won't be there. Take a leaf out of his book. Boycott BTG, the catering, the merchandise, the programme and anything else that props up this decaying regime.

southsider
21-09-2014, 07:26 AM
In the old days we had directors like the late Tom Hart who put his own money into the club. Is it any coincidence that area produced a very special Hibs team. Changing tact slightly that the last really top class youngster we have produced was Fletcher and we have not produced another like him since John Park left for Celtic.

cocopops1875
21-09-2014, 07:46 AM

how old would the tops have to be to reflect that desire :wink:

Peevemor
21-09-2014, 08:05 AM
In the old days we had directors like the late Tom Hart who put his own money into the club. Is it any coincidence that area produced a very special Hibs team. Changing tact slightly that the last really top class youngster we have produced was Fletcher and we have not produced another like him since John Park left for Celtic.

We were relegated under Tom Hart too.

oneone73
21-09-2014, 08:09 AM

After he'd shelled out a personal fortune on George Best. Misguided, but better than the dontgivea****t attitude of the current owner.

lucky
21-09-2014, 08:20 AM
I'm going to the AGM it's important that we vote against the board on all opitions that they propose

Dr Jimmy
21-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Why don't we just sing Petrie must go or sack the board all the way through the meeting?
What they have to say will not be worth hearing as it will only be the usual crap to get us out the room and never delivered. If we sing from start to finish the meeting would probably be cut short. It may even be picked up by the media. Which means pressure on the organ grinder Farmer!

Ronniekirk
21-09-2014, 09:05 AM
But we came straight back up he made sure of that

Jack
21-09-2014, 09:10 AM
I doubt any of my old tops would fit anymore :rolleyes:

BoomtownHibees
21-09-2014, 09:42 AM
The protests should start at our next home game, lets let Petrie & co no that they are not welcome at our club any more and we want them out, banners, card display's and anti songs towards Petrie.

Make it a very uncomfortable day for them.

No chance. He will still happily walk around BTG before the next home game talking to all his sheep

cad
21-09-2014, 10:27 AM
But that is not going to happen. Far too many Hibs fans love Hibs for that to happen. That is why I thought of the AGM protest.

Its been a while since I went mate I said after the Aberdeen match in 2011 that was me enough was enough,think I got railroaded into a few walk ups but thats not been for a while now .

I can only say I have a passing interest in Hibs now, post the odd post but I reckon if you dont go coming on here telling people that do go is a bit hypocritical , even thats sort of on the wain ,45 years Hibs have had my money I gladly paid, Leeds Liverpool Arbroath and beyond followed blindly bookies ,mates, pub, match, pub ,Indian (Shipla) ,hame happy ,my day how I enjoyed it ,now you couldn't get me to Easter Road with a gun at my head ,in the 3 and a bit years Ive been away its just got worse , but if the punters want to spend there hard earned at ER who am I ,
you would think somewhere along the line the top brass as it were would have a conscience of what they are putting there fans through,
the silence is deafening ,LD and the questionnaire do you honestly think it will make a difference ,if you do your nuts, more games from Rod and STF.

What the AGM will bring who knows ,just more flannel and a sigh of relief till next season, a few years ago many quoted Hibs as the model on how a football club should be run, some smokescreen that eh, can Hibs turn it around I do hope so the best of luck to Al and the squad for the rest of the season ,me I will be golfing ,going to the pub ,and throwing my hard earned at Mr Hills.

Itsnoteasy
21-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Its been a while since I went mate I said after the Aberdeen match in 2011 that was me enough was enough,think I got railroaded into a few walk ups but thats not been for a while now .

I can only say I have a passing interest in Hibs now, post the odd post but I reckon if you dont go coming on here telling people that do go is a bit hypocritical , even thats sort of on the wain ,45 years Hibs have had my money I gladly paid, Leeds Liverpool Arbroath and beyond followed blindly bookies ,mates, pub, match, pub ,Indian (Shipla) ,hame happy ,my day how I enjoyed it ,now you couldn't get me to Easter Road with a gun at my head ,in the 3 and a bit years Ive been away its just got worse , but if the punters want to spend there hard earned at ER who am I ,
you would think somewhere along the line the top brass as it were would have a conscience of what they are putting there fans through,
the silence is deafening ,LD and the questionnaire do you honestly think it will make a difference ,if you do your nuts, more games from Rod and STF.

What the AGM will bring who knows ,just more flannel and a sigh of relief till next season, a few years ago many quoted Hibs as the model on how a football club should be run, some smokescreen that eh, can Hibs turn it around I do hope so the best of luck to Al and the squad for the rest of the season ,me I will be golfing ,going to the pub ,and throwing my hard earned at Mr Hills.

Good post.

Phil D. Rolls
21-09-2014, 10:50 AM
I'm going to the AGM it's important that we vote against the board on all opitions that they propose

All of them, have you thought that through?

RIP
21-09-2014, 12:11 PM
What about the distribution of a 7 year report detailing the mismanagement of our club by the Hibernian Board?

Copies could be released to the press in advance

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2014, 12:15 PM
What about the distribution of a 7 year report detailing the mismanagement of our club by the Hibernian Board?

The problem is as far as i can see is anyone that bothered anymore?

Ronniekirk
21-09-2014, 12:30 PM
Why don't we all just turn up in Fancy Dress the whole thing is just Farcical now .We are stuck Nothing more will change

Flanny boy
21-09-2014, 12:46 PM
Not really g and who can blame us?

silverhibee
21-09-2014, 12:48 PM

The majority have G, to many folk happy to go along and believe anything that comes out of the mouths from the folk above, to many folk happy to go along and watch the pish fare on show and then come on here and say things will get better, they aren't getting better they are getting worse, folk think Stubbs should retain his job if we don't get promoted, why are we so f***ing scared of change, get Petrie and Farmer to f*** out of our club before we are playing in the bottom league in Scotland, we are told Farmer won't sell unless the folk buying the club are doing it for the right reasons, :faf: what a f***ing piss take from him, Hibs have been in free fall for years and he still thinks Petrie is the man to take us forward and poor Leeann has been brought in to deflect the heat from Farmer and Petrie.

If the fans don't do nothing now then Farmer and Petries leadership will sadly see us as the Leeds of Scotland, plummeting down the leagues.

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2014, 12:51 PM
The majority have G, to many folk happy to go along and believe anything that comes out of the mouths from the folk above, to many folk happy to go along and watch the pish fare on show and then come on here and say things will get better, they aren't getting better they are getting worse, folk think Stubbs should retain his job if we don't get promoted, why are we so f***ing scared of change, get Petrie and Farmer to f*** out of our club before we are playing in the bottom league in Scotland, we are told Farmer won't sell unless the folk buying the club are doing it for the right reasons, :faf: what a f***ing piss take from him, Hibs have been in free fall for years and he still thinks Petrie is the man to take us forward and poor Leeann has been brought in to deflect the heat from Farmer and Petrie.

If the fans don't do nothing now then Farmer and Petries leadership will sadly see us as the Leeds of Scotland, plummeting down the leagues.

I have no idea just why Farmer wants to own our club, its certainly not for the good of the community? :confused:

HibbyAndy
21-09-2014, 12:53 PM
How come everybody sais Leeds of Scottish football? Surely its Nottingham forest :greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
21-09-2014, 04:32 PM

I can think of one boycott that would cause a bit of a jolt ;)

Eyrie
21-09-2014, 09:52 PM
How come everybody sais Leeds of Scottish football? Surely its Nottingham forest :greengrin

We're in grave danger of being the Scottish Man Utd :wink:

Turkish Green
23-09-2014, 03:25 PM
Never. Hibs have a far better defence.

Bostonhibby
23-09-2014, 03:53 PM

Nah, Even Hibs wouldn't have kept that Anderson boy for so long. And Rooney as captain, never.

Weststandwanab
23-09-2014, 07:08 PM

Really ? what would be the point of that when Hoddit and Doddit control more than 90% of the issued shares ?

Why don't we all just turn up in Fancy Dress the whole thing is just Farcical now .We are stuck Nothing more will change

That would have more of an impact than losing vote after vote as Hoddit and Doddit get their way

I am not sure we are that lucky.