PDA

View Full Version : How do you solve a problem like "Hibs"?

theonlywayisup
20-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Where is Andrew Lloyd Webber when we need him?

I remember a few years ago, there was those on this website who were laughed at when some posters talked about the "downward spiral". Grow a pair was a common retort! Stop bedwetting! We were bottom of the top six at the time!!
Last season it was "don't worry, we will not get relegated". I recall one thread saying "can we put this relegation talk to bed".:cb

This season, we have only won against the teams in 10th, 9th (in the cup) and 5th. We are in 7th position, 10 points above the top team after 6 games. It has all the makings of a bottom five season!! Our team is rubbish and the fans are walking away. The bad smell continues to reek! The downward spiral shows no sign of coming to an end.

So, how do you solve a problem like "Hibs"? Because, I have no idea and I don't think those that lead our famous club have either. Answers on a postcard!

silverhibee
20-09-2014, 07:19 PM
http://thedogatemycareplan.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/dnr4.gif

GreenLake
20-09-2014, 07:22 PM

bobbyhibs1983
20-09-2014, 08:03 PM
well what we need is the kids from the von trap family and julie andrews,:na na:

and green lake why do i think all that money is just sitting in your garage?

The_Exile
20-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Dunno, because I have no idea what the actual problem is, there's probably multiple problems in various bits of the club. No idea where we go from here, we need a run of 8 or 9 wins on the bounce to get us back in the mix.

S4uzee
20-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Winning Mentality - but its something that takes years to build

ehf
20-09-2014, 11:24 PM

I remember a few years ago, there was those on this website who were laughed at when some posters talked about the "downward spiral". Grow a pair was a common retort! Stop bedwetting! We were bottom of the top six at the time!!
Last season it was "don't worry, we will not get relegated". I recall one thread saying "can we put this relegation talk to bed".:cb

This season, we have only won against the teams in 10th, 9th (in the cup) and 5th. We are in 7th position, 10 points above the top team after 6 games. It has all the makings of a bottom five season!! Our team is rubbish and the fans are walking away. The bad smell continues to reek! The downward spiral shows no sign of coming to an end.

So, how do you solve a problem like "Hibs"? Because, I have no idea and I don't think those that lead our famous club have either. Answers on a postcard!

Pretty simple, really: appoint a decent manager, invest some money in the playing squad and don't tolerate the boozers.

GreenArmy1875
20-09-2014, 11:28 PM
Adapting young players too scottish football. If you look at youngsters coming through in the last 5 years most have been lightweight and not blessed with pace. Hearts/Rangers/Aberdeen/Dundee united bring through youngsters with Pace/power and a hunger to win. These are all teams our under 20s beat regularly. 20s football is about development and getting players to play the right way. That is fine if we are in a country that plays football on the deck, unfortunately 100 mph hoofball and battles is scottish football. Our spoilt players have everything, lovely pitches and facilities a good wage. Playing and winning at 20s against guys your own age or younger is all well but if they cant adapt to first team football and be physically and mentally prepared then we have no chance achieving success. Small snippet of my opinion on Hibs at the present time

HIBERNIAN-0762
20-09-2014, 11:30 PM
Get an exorcist in to rid the curse?

#2 Double Tap
21-09-2014, 12:02 AM

set the team up properly, make sure they are fit.
Even if the players are pi sh
they are still better than most of the other players in this league. Stubbs has to take some responsibility for it, stuff like 1 upfront in this league is just so negative, we need to attack teams.

after last year they took too long to make the changes(sack butcher), made the wrong changes(releasing KT caldwell and maybe even collins[lol]), and then never made enough changes.

and oh heres the guy your looking for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq0a6GWY9vk

GreenLake
21-09-2014, 01:54 AM
well what we need is the kids from the von trap family and julie andrews,:na na:

and green lake why do i think all that money is just sitting in your garage?

If I had a pile that size in my garage, half of it would have been deposited and a banker's draft on the way to hibs.net to buy the club. :wink:

Deansy
21-09-2014, 02:42 AM
The ONLY way to save Hibs is a entirely new board.

GreenLake
21-09-2014, 04:26 AM
The ONLY way to save Hibs is a entirely new board.

We are suffering from the footballing equivalent of the ebola virus so maybe a scorched earth policy is required.

hibee72
21-09-2014, 05:09 AM
My old pa used to tell that the bad smells of a fish start coming from its head.

Since I'm living in Italy, I'm not too much into Hibs business. But living near Florence and have a bit sympathy for ACF Fiorentina and having them as a customer, I guess I can tell how a football team could be well managed.
I simply look at them and ask me: "What are we f***ing lacking of? We've got passionate fans, we've got a good stadium too, Edinburgh is not Florence but still a lovely place to be, so what's up?"

It's up we've got a club that is mince, and a team that's built up by mince directors couldn't be better than mince.
We seriously need some smart people into Hibs board, committed to the club, concerned about club's history and seriously wanting to invest money in a valuable football project. I'm not going to ask to win the Champions League as the current football standards will never let us, but I think that Hibs (as a fanship base) have the fully potentials to be an extabilished third place in Scottish football just after the Old Firm. But this proved to be too much for our current board. :(

When it comes to the pitch affairs the first thing we need is a manager with a strong idea of playing (possibly entertaining) football. Of course I'd love to win every game, but I will accept lost games better if I would see some committment and the way of playing good football on the pitch. Working hard on it can only bring better results than these last ones. We're in the SPL, not in the Champions League, so it shouldn't be so hard to meet the least required quality standards!
Then, starting to build a seriously winning football team, I have to quote my old pa once again. He used to tell me that a winning football team starts from a goalkeeper who saves goals and a striker who scores goals. Sad to say, we have currently no one of them both. I wish our board could at least provide these two, if the rest of the business is too much for them. At least we won't have to struggle for relegation in the Championship too!

GreenLake
21-09-2014, 05:28 AM
My old pa used to tell that the bad smells of a fish start coming from its head.

Since I'm living in Italy, I'm not too much into Hibs business. But living near Florence and have a bit sympathy for ACF Fiorentina and having them as a customer, I guess I can tell how a football team could be well managed.
I simply look at them and ask me: "What are we f***ing lacking of? We've got passionate fans, we've got a good stadium too, Edinburgh is not Florence but still a lovely place to be, so what's up?"

It's up we've got a club that is mince, and a team that's built up by mince directors couldn't be better than mince.
We seriously need some smart people into Hibs board, committed to the club, concerned about club's history and seriously wanting to invest money in a valuable football project. I'm not going to ask to win the Champions League as the current football standards will never let us, but I think that Hibs (as a fanship base) have the fully potentials to be an extabilished third place in Scottish football just after the Old Firm. But this proved to be too much for our current board. :(

When it comes to the pitch affairs the first thing we need is a manager with a strong idea of playing (possibly entertaining) football. Of course I'd love to win every game, but I will accept lost games better if I would see some committment and the way of playing good football on the pitch. Working hard on it can only bring better results than these last ones. We're in the SPL, not in the Champions League, so it shouldn't be so hard to meet the least required quality standards!
Then, starting to build a seriously winning football team, I have to quote my old pa once again. He used to tell me that a winning football team starts from a goalkeeper who saves goals and a striker who scores goals. Sad to say, we have currently no one of them both. I wish our board could at least provide these two, if the rest of the business is too much for them. At least we won't have to struggle for relegation in the Championship too!

Camilla Trattoria and a nice bistro on the Siprito Sancto (whose name escapes me) spring to mind when I think of Firenze - not to mention the Uffizi and that brilliant TV series Da Vinci's Demons which transports me there every episode. You live in one of the cities I may well want to spend part of the year in residence. Have they forgiven Roberto yet? :greengrin

mjhibby
21-09-2014, 07:24 AM
To me the issue is that a succession of managers haven't got the best out of the squads we've had. I don't think it is to do with money as the table showing us regularly spending being in the top 4/5in the country shows.I'm sure if Alan Stubbs gets time he will get us up but it looks highly unlikely it will be this season. To me we should have got a seasoned manager to settle the club and should have spent what it takes to get say a MacLeish to get us back on track. Why we continue to struggle I'm sure baffles even non hibs fans but identifying the problem is the start. Dare I say getting a mean defence that gives us a chance to win games would be a start. It's going to be a long hard season and we are just going to have to grin and bear it.btw those who wish to takeover the club must have a plan how we are going to go forward including targets for manager/coach and where the club is heading.more results like yday may well bring things to a head,not that I'm wishing this to happen,but we have to somehow reverse this decline that has gripped the club. I've no great solution to the problem apart from getting someone at the helm who can galvanise the club. Time will tell whether we have that man at the club. I feel sorry for Alan as he has had to deal with the mess left but that is the gig and like any manager before him if we dont reverse the trend he knows what will happen. Let's hope results improve quickly and we don't end up with fans split on what to do.