PDA

View Full Version : Top Heavy

Islington Hibs
20-09-2014, 06:27 PM
From the website we have the following support staff- at a random guess that is £650/700k in wages, before national insurance etc
FOOTBALL STAFF

Alan Stubbs, Head Coach

Andy Holden, Assistant Coach

John Doolan, First Team Coach

Alan Combe, Player-Coach

Paul Green, Strength and Conditioning Coach

Graeme Mathie, Head of Player Identification & Recruitment

John Porteous, Head Physiotherapist

Kitty Forrest, Senior Physiotherapist

George Craig, Head of Football Operations

Bill Hendry, Head of Youth Development

Eddie May, Academy Coaching Manager

Tam McCourt, Kit Manager

Joyce McCourt, Kit Coordinator

Billy Bryson, Video Analyst

Then East Mains, the 3rd best stadium in Scotland and all the other infrastructure paraphernalia that goes with it. 9 board members (some will be on decent salaries) On top of that the gardening expenses to our esteemed previous management team.

There is little wonder there is no cash for players. This is absurdly top heavy. The club has put the cart before the horse.

Next season there will be no Hearts, or Rangers, in this league, no £500k relegation parachute (unless we are relegated again, which although unlikely is not entirely impossible), and if we are lucky 4/5000 seasons sold. The situation seems to me to be close to out of control with large elements of the support absolutely disgusted. They cannot be blamed. People pay good money to watch crap, season after season and eventually they snap. Watching Hibs is simply no fun, at best a duty. It is very clear from this board that a high proportion of the clubs loyalist customers are very close to snapping (if they have not already done so.)

Next season the club is facing an empty stadium and a totally unsupportable infrastructure. Unless form improves dramatically, and it is not clear why it will, Hibernian are facing footballing and financial crisis. The club could easily loose £3-4m million with no certainty of promotion and be faced with some very very unpalatable choices. Pleas with the support will certainly fall on deaf ears- they have been tried one time too many. The club's position is becoming untenable and I would think very deep cuts are on the way. Sorry to be so cheerful but it is as I see it.

Scottie
20-09-2014, 06:46 PM
WTF does the kit coordinator do ?

Does she make sure the colour of the tops, shorts and socks match ? :rolleyes:

3pm
20-09-2014, 06:49 PM

Washes them.

Betty Boop
20-09-2014, 06:51 PM

The washing ?

Famous Fiver
20-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Could have hit on something there. The only constants through the long decline apart from Petrie and Farmer are the McCourts!!! Cracked it!!!

Gus Fring
20-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Alan Stubbs, Head Coach

Andy Holden, Assistant Coach

John Doolan, First Team Coach

Alan Combe, Player-Coach

Paul Green, Strength and Conditioning Coach

Graeme Mathie, Head of Player Identification & Recruitment

John Porteous, Head Physiotherapist

Kitty Forrest, Senior Physiotherapist

George Craig, Head of Football Operations

Bill Hendry, Head of Youth Development

Eddie May, Academy Coaching Manager

Tam McCourt, Kit Manager

Joyce McCourt, Kit Coordinator

Billy Bryson, Video Analyst

Can anyone tell me, out of all the people listed, who it is we should get rid of or never have hired in the first place? Apart from maybe Joyce McCourt I don't see any jobs there that are surplus to requirements.

Forza Fred
20-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Can anyone tell me, out of all the people listed, who it is we should get rid of or never have hired in the first place? Apart from maybe Joyce McCourt I don't see any jobs there that are surplus to requirements.

I do not disagree with the OPs point, but think you will find that at lest a couple of those listed may be operating on an expenses only 'arrangement''

GreenLake
20-09-2014, 10:18 PM
Lay them all off. STF contracts out the team picking to Hibs.net, the ITK guys can take training. See if we play any worse.

Gus Fring
20-09-2014, 10:21 PM
I do not disagree with the OPs point, but think you will find that at lest a couple of those listed may be operating on an expenses only 'arrangement''

:agree:

I'd be very surprised if the wage bill for the people on that list is anywhere close to £650k. That's an average of over £50k per person. Maybe Stubbs, Holden and Doolan are on that but I doubt the rest are. Probably closer to £20k per person on average. Some of the younger players don't even earn 50K

EDIT: In fact given our highest paid director was paid 58k last year does anyone really think the likes of Joyce McCourt or Billy Bryson are on as much as them? Or even the physio's or fitness guys?

Bad Martini
20-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Our problems don't lie with the folk on that list. Start with the eleven on the pitch and work backwards....

Sprouleflyer
20-09-2014, 10:46 PM

Graeme Mathie, Head of Player Identification & Recruitment.

For a start! What the **** has he accomplished?

Hamish
20-09-2014, 10:49 PM
He's been here about a fortnight, think we can cut him some slack.

Gus Fring
20-09-2014, 11:15 PM
He's been here about a fortnight, think we can cut him some slack.

Started the same day as Eddie May so been here just over a month. You're point is a valid one though that's still not nearly enough time to judge him. Even McDonalds workers get a 13 week probation period.

HoboHarry
20-09-2014, 11:19 PM
Graeme Mathie, Head of Player Identification & Recruitment.

For a start! What the **** has he accomplished?
:faf:

With fans like you Hibs don't need enemies. Genuinely made me laugh, absolute nonsense of a post...

wookie70
20-09-2014, 11:36 PM
From the website we have the following support staff- at a random guess that is £650/700k in wages, before national insurance etc
FOOTBALL STAFF

Then East Mains, the 3rd best stadium in Scotland and all the other infrastructure paraphernalia that goes with it. 9 board members (some will be on decent salaries) On top of that the gardening expenses to our esteemed previous management team.

There is little wonder there is no cash for players. This is absurdly top heavy. The club has put the cart before the horse.

Next season there will be no Hearts, or Rangers, in this league, no £500k relegation parachute (unless we are relegated again, which although unlikely is not entirely impossible), and if we are lucky 4/5000 seasons sold. The situation seems to me to be close to out of control with large elements of the support absolutely disgusted. They cannot be blamed. People pay good money to watch crap, season after season and eventually they snap. Watching Hibs is simply no fun, at best a duty. It is very clear from this board that a high proportion of the clubs loyalist customers are very close to snapping (if they have not already done so.)

Next season the club is facing an empty stadium and a totally unsupportable infrastructure. Unless form improves dramatically, and it is not clear why it will, Hibernian are facing footballing and financial crisis. The club could easily loose £3-4m million with no certainty of promotion and be faced with some very very unpalatable choices. Pleas with the support will certainly fall on deaf ears- they have been tried one time too many. The club's position is becoming untenable and I would think very deep cuts are on the way. Sorry to be so cheerful but it is as I see it.

I hope we don't have too many of them