PDA

View Full Version : Just back- Thots on today's game...

Stuarty27
20-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Having not been to the Alloa game I can say this is the worst performance of the season by a long long way. Today we were beaten by a average side at best. We huffed and puffed throughout the game and never really looked like scoring.

What I can see is a team full of losers, there is no leaders, nobody to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen. The majority of them hid today and looked like they don't give two s hits about the mess they have got us in.

Robertson was truely woeful today and that's the third goal he has caused this season all ready. How he lasted 86mins I'll never know.

At the back we looked shakey at best, I was standing directly behind the goals and you could hear Oxley talking throughout the game, however our back 4 are full of mutes. Especially the two centre halfs they don't talk. Hanlon hardly opened his mouth. At least half a dozen times in the first half we looked like conceding from long balls.

Stanton was awful again, he cannot play out wide. He looks shot of confidence, needs to be dropped.

Malonga was really dissipointing, he stands 6ft tall but jumps 5ft 3. No where near fit enough. His free kick summed up the day, to actually hit the roof of the stand from 20 yards out for any professional footballer is unacceptable. He genuinely reminded me of a cross between Konte and Hurtado today.

Formation doesn't work IMO and it concerns me Stubbs continues to stick with it. His subs are also concerning, why keep Robertson on got so long? Allan for 4minutes!?

I'll end on the positives, I thot Mceough and Kennedy were the only pass marks and Cummings looked dangerous when he came on. The fans also, nobody left early and kept as much with the team as we could. Each and everyone of us deserve better than what the current lot of losers are giving us.

rcarter1
20-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the match report, its always good to hear the assessment from folks who were at the game (particularly away games). :thumbsup:

rcarter1
20-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the match report, its always good to hear the assessment from folks who were at the game (particularly away games). :thumbsup:

TrinityHibby
20-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Appreciated mate. To be honest stubbs does not seem to have a clue on how to set up a team. I said as much before the Cowdenbeath game last week and can't recall ever being so hacked off before a game started by the crazy team selection / formation. I really hope he proves me wrong however can' t help but feel this isn't going anywhere close to plan!!!

Heisenberg
20-09-2014, 06:59 PM
I thought we'd lose today and we did. Hanlon, Forster and Stevenson as three of the back four? Soft. Scott Robertson as our main central midfield player? Soft. Our play is slow as **** going forward and we let the other team have the ball when we eventually **** up our aimless boughts of going nowhere with the ball. We're just a soft as ***** club who are being led by an owner who doesn't care a jot and his conduit.

Radium
20-09-2014, 07:02 PM
QOTS played 3 at the back and we did not have any consistent pressure. Kennedy looked to have the beating of them but was rarely supported. Gray tweaked his back early on and thereafter seemed to want cross early rather than hit the bye line.

I would have liked Stubbs to have matched their formation particularly when the subs started coming on.

TrinityHibby
20-09-2014, 07:08 PM
I thought we'd lose today and we did. Hanlon, Forster and Stevenson as three of the back four? Soft. Scott Robertson as our main central midfield player? Soft. Our play is slow as **** going forward and we let the other team have the ball when we eventually **** up our aimless boughts of going nowhere with the ball. We're just a soft as ***** club who are being led by an owner who doesn't care a jot and his conduit.
Honest appraisal mate and mirrors my thoughts exactly. To be honest we shouldn't be surprised given that most of the players currently failing have been doing so consistently for years..the hope I had was that a clear out would be forthcoming however that has also not happened. Stubbs Claims he will deliver the cure but sadly I cannot see how with what he has and what he has signed....we are a complete joke of a club

silverhibee
20-09-2014, 07:13 PM
Why the big Police presence today, over the top.

sbell1875
20-09-2014, 07:38 PM
Not as bad as Alloa a few weeks back but not far off in my opinion.

Players look like they have no idea what position they're playing or what they're role is. Stanton, Robertson & Malonga were really poor today.

The only players I'd give pass marks to today were McGeough & Kennedy. McGeough for being the only central player prepared to try and move forward with the ball and Kennedy for getting into good positions a number of times.

As for formation and shape - I'll pass. I struggled to work out how we were playing today and I thought we were all over the place. Hibs players when on the ball were always isolated and outnumbered on virtually every occasion. All we try to do is work it out wide but rarely delivery any quality into the box. We break and counter about as quickly as a steamroller rolling Tarmac.

I've been to every game so far except last Saturday and I just don't see things improving. They certainly haven't since The Rangers game and the first 30 mins against Livingston. In fact, we're regressing and getting worse.

Billy Whizz
20-09-2014, 07:38 PM

I thought they were fine. I had relatives who are Queens fans, who were in the same stand as me. They came over before the game and at ht to speak to us. Where else in scottish football will you see opposition fans mingling.

darwenhibby
20-09-2014, 07:43 PM
No reading all just now but summary tippy tippy football go one down! Other team shut up shop hit us on the break! We can't break them down! We've got to learn to win the battle first!
Torture watching!

silverhibee
20-09-2014, 07:47 PM
I thought they were fine. I had relatives who are Queens fans, who were in the same stand as me. They came over before the game and at ht to speak to us. Where else in scottish football will you see opposition fans mingling.

We were in the bar under the main stand before the game and every one was friendly enough, when we walked round to the away end there was police everywhere and then inside the ground standing in amongst the Hibs fans ( the singing section) in the terracing and about 20 of them standing up the back, they pulled one young lad out from the group and the lad looked terrified and started :boo hoo: and then was shown the door.

Hibernia&Alba
20-09-2014, 07:54 PM
How many Hibs fans travelled today?

Stuarty27
20-09-2014, 07:56 PM
I would guess about 700.

To be fair majority stayed until the end, don't think any players came over at the end, Malonga took his top off and headed straight down the tunnel and to be fair it was probably the fastest he moved all day

Hibernia&Alba
20-09-2014, 07:57 PM
I would guess about 700.

Well done all of you. It's 700 more than they deserve right now.

sleeping giant
20-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Police made sure there were no more smoke bombs after the first one. 2 Policemen stood right in the middle of the young team and 2 police women stood right in front of them. Plenty smiles from all involved from what i could see.

Got to give these laddies their due , they kept on going for most of the match.
2nd time recently that i have been around them and i quite enjoy it:aok:

LancashireHibby
20-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Thoroughly miserable afternoon. I was quite encouraged early on when Malonga put through a beaut of a ball for Kennedy to have one saved, but that's about as good as it got.

Outplayed, out passed, outfought and outsung by Queen of the South....it's a pretty low point, it must be said.

On the bright side it didn't rain and I was walking through my front door by half 7.

lord bunberry
20-09-2014, 08:14 PM
4 away games this season and 4 defeats, if we don't win away from Easter Road then we're in real trouble as we're not exactly unbeatable at home.

Dalkeith Hibee
20-09-2014, 08:17 PM
We need a commanding centre half that leads by example and captains the team and also a winner in midfield who wont take any less than 100%. 2 guys that are going to moan like **** when we arent giving enough

Hibernia&Alba
20-09-2014, 08:18 PM
4 away games this season and 4 defeats, if we don't win away from Easter Road then we're in real trouble as we're not exactly unbeatable at home.

In Scotland's second tier. I haven't been to an away game, can't face it.

NOLA
20-09-2014, 08:21 PM
my thoughts are you missed a U a G and an H :greengrin

silverhibee
20-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Police made sure there were no more smoke bombs after the first one. 2 Policemen stood right in the middle of the young team and 2 police women stood right in front of them. Plenty smiles from all involved from what i could see.

Got to give these laddies their due , they kept on going for most of the match.
2nd time recently that i have been around them and i quite enjoy it:aok:

And they still managed to let a smoke bomb off :greengrin

HH81
20-09-2014, 09:24 PM
First game of the season for me.

Robertson messed up for their goal otherwise they would not of scored.

Hibs had a lot of the ball for me but chances they created were missed. After goal heads went down a bit but apart from that we had most of the ball all afternoon.

A point would have been fair IMO.

Sir David Gray
20-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Having not been to the Alloa game I can say this is the worst performance of the season by a long long way. Today we were beaten by a average side at best. We huffed and puffed throughout the game and never really looked like scoring.

What I can see is a team full of losers, there is no leaders, nobody to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen. The majority of them hid today and looked like they don't give two s hits about the mess they have got us in.

Robertson was truely woeful today and that's the third goal he has caused this season all ready. How he lasted 86mins I'll never know.

At the back we looked shakey at best, I was standing directly behind the goals and you could hear Oxley talking throughout the game, however our back 4 are full of mutes. Especially the two centre halfs they don't talk. Hanlon hardly opened his mouth. At least half a dozen times in the first half we looked like conceding from long balls.

Stanton was awful again, he cannot play out wide. He looks shot of confidence, needs to be dropped.

Malonga was really dissipointing, he stands 6ft tall but jumps 5ft 3. No where near fit enough. His free kick summed up the day, to actually hit the roof of the stand from 20 yards out for any professional footballer is unacceptable. He genuinely reminded me of a cross between Konte and Hurtado today.

Formation doesn't work IMO and it concerns me Stubbs continues to stick with it. His subs are also concerning, why keep Robertson on got so long? Allan for 4minutes!?

I'll end on the positives, I thot Mceough and Kennedy were the only pass marks and Cummings looked dangerous when he came on. The fans also, nobody left early and kept as much with the team as we could. Each and everyone of us deserve better than what the current lot of losers are giving us.

I was at the Alloa game but not there today. If we managed to be worse today than we were at Alloa then we really are in trouble.

silverhibee
20-09-2014, 09:44 PM

Hibs had a lot of the ball for me but chances they created were missed. After goal heads went down a bit but apart from that we had most of the ball all afternoon.

Thought possession was pretty even between both teams J, we did start the brighter team in the first half but didn't take the chances we had, at the other end on several occasions we gave away sloppy passes and it cost us the goal, second half was a non event, no real pressure put on QOTS until injury time and simply not good enough mate.

hibby6270
20-09-2014, 11:21 PM
I would guess about 700.

To be fair majority stayed until the end, don't think any players came over at the end, Malonga took his top off and headed straight down the tunnel and to be fair it was probably the fastest he moved all day

I would say more like 1000 to 1200. They're normal attendance is around 1800. Today's was just over 3000.

The really annoying thing about today's game is I can't recall Oxley having to make a save of note. We had half chances but no more than that.

Once again too much square passing and passing it back the way. We seem to lack the knowledge that we need to move forward and most of the team (McGeough and Kennedy being the exception) don't want to do this. First thought is to play it safe. No thought of being direct ALL OF THE TIME.

Can't be any more positive than that I'm afraid :-(

Lmc2105
21-09-2014, 10:12 AM

To be honest we have had a lot of the ball for the majority of games we have played this season but do nothing with it, slow tempo not enough urgency to get forward IMO

Things need to change maybe a chane in formation two up front, maybe even play LC in the position he should at in AM ( played position at St Johnstone) we need to try something cause it's just getting dire to watch

B.H.F.C
21-09-2014, 10:37 AM

'Heads went down a bit after the goal' is an understatement for me. We never did anything at all for the rest of the half. No character. No leadership. And that all comes from our experienced players. Hanlon, Stevenson, Robertson all found wanting in that respect.

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2014, 10:58 AM
We have McGeouch who is always looking to create, and Kennedy who will always try and go past his man, but deary me the rest of them are hardly players who can beat a man or deliver a decisive pass or even create much at all.

Gray tries to get forward and because we never had a recognised right back he's obviously better than what we had last season. On the other side we have Stevenson who's first reaction whenever he receives the ball is to look backwards or at best sideways. Hanlon will never bully his man, in fact its more likely to be the other way round. His distribution is average at best and alongside Forster we are weak very weak as a back 4.

Midfield we have Stanton on the right, i'd be better than him there, Robertson is another who does bugger all except run around a lot. McGeouch has decent quality alongside Kennedy who although still young looks like he can improve and will deliver some decent balls in.

Konte 2 is pish, and Sinclair looked much better than him yesterday, but thats not an endorsement of Sinclairs ability.

Overall collectively we are as poor as ever, with no leaders in the team and the team is having to depend on a couple of loanee kids to drag us through games.

Quality over quantity must be up there with the biggest load of bull**** thats come out this club ever, and there's been plenty bull**** from those at the club over the years.

TrinityHibby
21-09-2014, 07:34 PM
We need a commanding centre half that leads by example and captains the team and also a winner in midfield who wont take any less than 100%. 2 guys that are going to moan like **** when we arent giving enough
We need a whole new squad of quality players who have a winning mentality and work rate to match. Currently we have a squad of wage theives bereft of talent and love for our club.

Biggie
21-09-2014, 09:26 PM
The worrying thing is Stubbs held off bringing shed loads of players to wait until the "right" players were available....JHC, if that's the benchmark for Stubbs type of players, we're in trouble......spineless springs to mind.

alloahibby
21-09-2014, 10:32 PM

spoke to a local in the pub after the game and apparently that was normal....