PDA

View Full Version : Would you boycott one home game?

Thecat23
20-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Out of interest would you boycott one home game to show that as fans enough is enough. Hurt the owner and the board. Sounds harsh but the sooner he sells the better off Hibs will be.

It's very clear now that Hibs Farmer doesn't care for this club. I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea I wouldn't have done before I don't think but I can't take this anymore!

Scottie
20-09-2014, 05:04 PM
I'll boycott the whole ****in season mate

Alfred E Newman
20-09-2014, 05:05 PM
Out of interest would you boycott one home game to show that as fans enough is enough. Hurt the owner and the board. Sounds harsh but the sooner he sells the better off Hibs will be.

It's very clear now that Hibs Farmer doesn't care for this club. I know this isn't everyone's cup of tea I wouldn't have done before I don't think but I can't take this anymore!

Other that embarrass the board it wouldn't hurt them much financially as most of us saps have season tickets.

hibee_girl
20-09-2014, 05:06 PM

No

MSK
20-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Nope ..

rcarter1
20-09-2014, 05:07 PM

If its a season ticket holder boycotting they won't care too much. Unfortunately they have our money again this season. Depending how we go and try to address the shocking start we've had, Id be in support for a mass season ticket boycott next season, and force them in action.

Beefster
20-09-2014, 05:08 PM
No.

GreenLake
20-09-2014, 05:10 PM
No.

Are you always going to vote no?

Thecat23
20-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Just out of interest to the ones saying no. What's the reason? I'm not arguing btw just wondering as maybe you guys know of a better way to make them aware we have had enough.

Or are you's happy to keep the board as it is? Always good to hear both sides as I personally think the owner is slowly killing the life of this club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

southsider
20-09-2014, 05:12 PM

The things is Cat, they do not care like we do. At the next board meeting i do not think , between them, they could spell Hibs.

Bostonhibby
20-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Count me in, am boycotting several already as of today anyway. Just off phone to another long suffering hibby who has the same intention.

Dave-O
20-09-2014, 05:14 PM

More than likely I'll no bother any mate, but they've already got my money, you couldn't embarrass the conduit if you tried, he's the most brass necked arrogant barsteward you'll find, he'll no report the fact to the absentee landlord either. :brickwall

southsider
20-09-2014, 05:15 PM
Just out of interest to the ones saying no. What's the reason? I'm not arguing btw just wondering as maybe you guys know of a better way to make them aware we have had enough.

Or are you's happy to keep the board as it is? Always good to hear both sides as I personally think the owner is slowly killing the life of this club.

Cat, if you have shares come to the AGM and support the motion for Petrie to go.

MSK
20-09-2014, 05:16 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThe weekend is the only time I get off so its good to get down to Easter rd with the Wife & also to see a few mates, Nephews etc....that's one of my reasons ..

Thecat23
20-09-2014, 05:20 PM
That's fair enough bud. But couldn't you miss just the one game if it meant showing the club how far apart we are?

End of the day I know a fair few won't and that's fine, I just think if we want to get better something needs to be done.

Thecat23
20-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Cat, if you have shares come to the AGM and support the motion for Petrie to go.

I haven't got shares mate. Can I still buy them?

basehibby
20-09-2014, 05:22 PM
Yes

HibsMax
20-09-2014, 05:23 PM
I think a single game boycott would be a great idea. Why? Because fans turning up week after week shows that we will accept anything. It shows that the club can do nothing and the fans will still show up.

I know it won't happen but playing a game in an empty stadium would send a resounding message.

lucky
20-09-2014, 05:23 PM
In the mood I'm in yes but by next Saturday I'll want to go but we have to do something

MSK
20-09-2014, 05:25 PM
That's fair enough bud. But couldn't you miss just the one game if it meant showing the club how far apart we are?

End of the day I know a fair few won't and that's fine, I just think if we want to get better something needs to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkNope, boycotting a match isn't for me mate ..means I would have to do "other" man & Wife stuff at the weekend .....sod that !!! :paranoid:

Hibbibri
20-09-2014, 05:31 PM
No boycot from me either as no matter how much I/we want change at boardroom level the poor sods on the pitch are MY/OUR team and especially at this time they need our support as frustrating as it is/has been.
Why not get a massive show of big A4 red cards all round the ground to show our displeasure ?
I know I've always said I will support Hibs through thick and thin but the present mob are taking the p!ss !!!

Pretty Boy
20-09-2014, 05:32 PM
Probably not.

Not because I'm not angry but because it wouldn't do any good. When all is said and done the board wouldn't care. They can say what they like but they just don't give a **** about the fans.

Leith Green
20-09-2014, 05:33 PM
Sorry, not for me. Although I do think we need to turn the pressure on the owner/board

Thecat23
20-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Nope, boycotting a match isn't for me mate ..means I would have to do "other" man & Wife stuff at the weekend .....sod that !!! :paranoid:

😄 fair enough I do know where your coming from mate.

Canongatehibs
20-09-2014, 05:34 PM
boycott one game?
boycott the ****ing lot

southsider
20-09-2014, 05:35 PM
I haven't got shares mate. Can I still buy them?
Don't think you can buy them because of the way the way the holding company is structured. Get a proxy from a pal who is a shareholder. You seem , like me, a guy who only wants the best for our club. Petrie must go.!

smithy_hibees
20-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Not enough fans like causing a fuss Unfortunately, Which the board know hence why petrie and farmer are still here!

HibsMax
20-09-2014, 05:36 PM
No boycot from me either as no matter how much I/we want change at boardroom level the poor sods on the pitch are MY/OUR team and especially at this time they need our support as frustrating as it is/has been.
Why not get a massive show of big A4 red cards all round the ground to show our displeasure ?
I know I've always said I will support Hibs through thick and thin but the present mob are taking the p!ss !!!

If all the fans stopped showing up, that would be one thing but a single game boycott / protest is probably something the players can actually understand. It's not the fans revolting against the players, it's against the establishment.

Sometimes sacrifices have to be made to get the message across. That said, I think the club understands how the fans feel anyway.

Maybe another form of protest?

Thecat23
20-09-2014, 05:36 PM

Even a card display like you said. Something that will bring pressure on the board.

For folk saying the board wouldn't care they would if they were losing money in the thousands. It would make STF sit up and see we have had enough.

Anyway I fully understand the folk who just couldn't. As another has said a card protest. But would Hibs let us in to put a card on seats?

Judas Iscariot
20-09-2014, 05:37 PM
I've not been since the play off game & not intending to go back anytime soon..

Nowt will change at the club if the fans do what they've always done..

A mass no show protest could do no harm

Thecat23
20-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Don't think you can buy them because of the way the way the holding company is structured. Get a proxy from a pal who is a shareholder. You seem , like me, a guy who only wants the best for our club. Petrie must go.!

I genuinely do and it's hurting like hell to see us this way.

Saying that I don't want to be arguing with fellow fans and that's why I wanted to know if there is any other way. We all want the best for Hibs and something must be done.

Steve20
20-09-2014, 05:40 PM
A boycott should have happened a long time ago. But there's still not enough people willing to do it. Which is fair enough as people should never be critisised for turning up to support the team.

But I just can't see anything other than a boycott which would make the club sit up and take notice.

J-C
20-09-2014, 05:44 PM
Tell you what, I'll boycott the rest of this season.

Beefster
20-09-2014, 05:46 PM
Are you always going to vote no?

I'll start justifying my voting patterns/intentions to you right about the same time as I start caring about how you vote in your country of residence.

GreenLake
20-09-2014, 05:51 PM
I'll start justifying my voting patterns/intentions to you right about the same time as I start caring about how you vote in your country of residence.

You'll start caring about how I vote in my country of residence before I do. :greengrin

rcarter1
20-09-2014, 05:51 PM
Sorry, not for me. Although I do think we need to turn the pressure on the owner/board

Im here now. Im now in support of getting new ownership by one method or another. I unfortunately think that we need rid of the massive majority of the squad. Its not personal but way too many aren't up to it, and are not worth their contracts (which correct me if Im wrong will be far superior to Alloa, QOS and Falkirk players). Administration would allow us to legally strip the club before rebuilding. There are a LOT of fans out there that would come back if the team wasn't so reliably mind numbingly useless.

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2014, 06:00 PM
My first game of the season, it will be a long time until the next one. My boycott started a while ago, but I suppose like the rest of us I never learn.

AFKA5814_Hibs
20-09-2014, 06:07 PM
The players have been boycotting games for over a year. I guess it won't do any harm if the fans join in.

H18Y GW
20-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Nope, boycotting a match isn't for me mate ..means I would have to do "other" man & Wife stuff at the weekend .....sod that !!! :paranoid:

I would, by sitting in the Harp between 3 and 4.45,changes nothing,infact might be more enjoyable.

HibbyAndy
20-09-2014, 06:14 PM
I'll boycott the whole ****in season mate

:hilarious

:greengrin:top marks

emerald green
20-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Not enough fans like causing a fuss Unfortunately, Which the board know hence why petrie and farmer are still here!

Whilst that may be true to some extent, personally I believe and know for a fact that many supporters are past caring now.

3pm
20-09-2014, 06:28 PM
I'd consider it if I didn't bevvy.

HappyAsHellas
20-09-2014, 06:30 PM
I think our owner does want to hand over the reigns which is why we've had the consultations, probably to find out how much interest and money would be available from the fans. I don't think that will ever be enough so we need someone with deep pockets and good intentions. Will a boycott speed things up? I very much doubt it, and in a strange way I would sympathise with the people doing it, but come hell or high water I'll be at ER for our next game.:flag:

sleeping giant
20-09-2014, 06:40 PM
Could never possibly ask Hibs fans not to go to games.
WTF ?

Ronniekirk
20-09-2014, 06:47 PM
You'll start caring about how I vote in my country of residence before I do. :greengrin
Like your avatar that's my one positive post for the night

Hibeesmad
20-09-2014, 06:51 PM
If I didn't pay such a high price for a season ticket I probably would

silverhibee
20-09-2014, 07:04 PM
Time for protests against the Board before during and after the game, this cannot go on, I'm not for boycotting games as the players need our support but we need to turn the heat up against STF Petrie and co, card displays during games, blocking him from entering our ground, yes he will get in but we need to let him no at every turn that he is not welcome at our club and force him out the club if must be.

IWasThere2016
20-09-2014, 07:07 PM
I vowed no more ER until RP leaves (lock, stock..) and it's a few away games this season only for me.

Gavin1875
20-09-2014, 07:37 PM
We need to make a stance. Tough love

Billy Whizz
20-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Would never boycott a game. Don't know the answer, but this isn't it

DH1875
20-09-2014, 08:08 PM
I havent been to ER since the derby at the end of last season and the way things are going, I wont be back for a while. In the mean time I'll continue to pick and choose my away games although I think I'll be giving Ibrox next week a miss, which is a shame as was actually looking forward to it.

Dalkeith Hibee
20-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Ive 'boycotted' a few already over last few seasons and considering boycotting the remainder to be honest

NAE NOOKIE
20-09-2014, 08:55 PM
WTF ?

I have missed I think one home game in 15 years .... I have a season ticket, but though I would never consider not going to games I am now open to giving one game a miss to make a point.

Even now I cant believe I am saying that ..... I love this club ......... WTF have they reduced me to http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/boo%20hoo.gif

CraigHibee
20-09-2014, 08:59 PM
Im a season ticket holder so if I boycotted a game it wouldnt hurt the club other than 1 down on the attendance, we will be lucky to finish mid-table imo

Yes I have considered patching a home game as some Saturdays I do have other things I could be doing but, im dedicated to the cause and as painful as some of the football has been i'll stick by my team

GGTTH

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2014, 12:21 AM
A boycott for one game where nobody was in the ground would get so much publicity it surely would make those at the club wake ****in up.

Just blindly going and taking this crap is and has not worked, and those who say they couldn't boycott but say their piece at various meetings need to ask themselves is their actions working?

I know it must be difficult for some of those to not attend, but everything else has been tried. I believe something like this is has to be tried soon. I believe we need to show the club enough is enough, and no bugger in the ground is a sign of the future.

HappyHibby93
21-09-2014, 12:25 AM
No. A boycott is totally counter productive, not to mention utterly detrimental.

#2 Double Tap
21-09-2014, 12:28 AM
actions speak louder than words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKYWOwWAguk&index=14&list=PL9990A304B567F9 4C

DH1875
21-09-2014, 12:47 AM
No. A boycott is totally counter productive, not to mention utterly detrimental.

I've always liked the idea of, we all pay to get in and then after about 10 mins we all leave. You'd want to ideally do it in a high profile game when cameras are there to see it. And at least it wouldn't cost the club any money cause everyone has already paid to get in.

Thecat23
21-09-2014, 06:25 AM
WTF ?

Not "games" just one home game that's it. To show as fans we've had it with this lot!

Like I say, it's just a suggestion but if there is another way to make that lot sit up and take note of the shambles we are then I'm happy to listen!

marinello59
21-09-2014, 06:43 AM
There is no need for a set piece boycott, it's happening at every match already .

Bad Martini
21-09-2014, 07:10 AM
Boycotted three season tickets. Wasnt the only one. We are going backwards and I genuinely cannot see what will make a difference to these erses.

Same old, same old. For years we've worked as a strange team whereby our team has been largely ****, save for our forwards. We shipped a ton of goals when we has Riordan and O'Connor to save us by battering them in at the other end. We some the same and had the same reliance on sparky more recently.

Now we have no such talisman and we're ****ed. Who to blame?? Whoever didn't replace like for like. As simple as that. Could've been done but we choose to invest our money wrongly.... And we're still paying the price. And we always will til we sort the priority positions in our team and club.....

Moon unit
21-09-2014, 07:18 AM

Don't you see it...at least 5,000 are Boycotting every week!!!
if Hibs were playing attractive football and producing the goods, that's probably a rough estimate of fans including walk ups who would be enthused enough to attend!
The club should realise this..... don't need no PHD to understand this one!..

Thecat23
21-09-2014, 07:20 AM
Don't you see it...at least 5,000 are Boycotting every week!!!
if Hibs were playing attractive football and producing the goods, that's probably a rough estimate of fans including walk ups who would be enthused enough to attend!
The club should realise this..... don't need no PHD to understand this one!..

It's clear fans are turning their backs on the club and who can blame them. Like you said playing good football brings fans back.

Hearts are scoring for fun and look how packed their ground is each home game.

Aldo
21-09-2014, 07:26 AM
It's clear fans are turning their backs on the club and who can blame them. Like you said playing good football brings fans back. Hearts are scoring for fun and look how packed their ground is each home game. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that unless we have a massive up turn in fortunes (can we really see this at this moment in time??) we will be consigned to at least another season in the Championship.

This will mean reduced revenue..... TV money and I have no doubt less than 5000 ST. Quality over quantity???? We won't have any money for that.

Thecat23
21-09-2014, 07:28 AM
I think that unless we have a massive up turn in fortunes (can we really see this at this moment in time??) we will be consigned to at least another season in the Championship.

This will mean reduced revenue..... TV money and I have no doubt less than 5000 ST. Quality over quantity???? We won't have any money for that.

Correct Aldo, there is no way Hibs will be going up this year and I said it ages ago we are the Leeds of Scotland. Staying down for more than a season could see us crippled and may not return for years.

Aldo
21-09-2014, 07:32 AM
Correct Aldo, there is no way Hibs will be going up this year and I said it ages ago we are the Leeds of Scotland. Staying down for more than a season could see us crippled and may not return for years.

Unless the rumoured signing of Sparky can provide the catalyst for a change in fortunes I agree totally. (Papering over the cracks unfortunately)

STF is the saviour of our club however him and RP have ripped the soul out of the club in the last 7 years with their mismanagement.

If they are both still here this time next season (which I suspect they will) then I cannot see them being ousted or bought over anytime in the foreseeable future.

Scouse Hibee
21-09-2014, 08:42 AM
I have a ST and will still go to all of the remaining home games. I wont however spend another penny on watching Hibs, plenty of away games are pretty close yet I wont even consider attending them, had an offer yesterday of a lift to and from Dumfries but wouldn't entertain it.

HibbyAndy
21-09-2014, 08:43 AM
Assuming hearts and rangers go up this season and we only sell 5K season tickets next term, That is still a bigger budget than any other team in the league, We sure as hell aint going up this season but their should be no reason whatsoever not to go up next season.

Tonez
21-09-2014, 08:56 AM
Nothings going to change, the fans can't stick together. The board won't take any notice and things will continually get worse. It isn't the fans fault that the team are guff, it's the boards but unless the fans can actually stand shoulder to shoulder and make the board take notice then nothing will change.

vanNISHtelroy
21-09-2014, 09:01 AM
Haven't read the entire thread so, sorry for that lol.

We found that boycotting a game didn't help, our chairman couldn't care less (and that was for more than just a single game) and it led to in fighting amongst supporters.

Diclonius
21-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Assuming hearts and rangers go up this season and we only sell 5K season tickets next term, That is still a bigger budget than any other team in the league, We sure as hell aint going up this season but their should be no reason whatsoever not to go up next season.

Oh believe me, our board will make an reason.

"Given the quality of the opposition the Club felt it would be acceptable to lower the playing budget for this season ALSO YOU DIDN'T BUY ANY SEASON TICKETS IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT"

HibsMax
21-09-2014, 01:50 PM

Why would it be counterproductive. There's nothing productive right now. Detrimental? Again, there's nothing really working so I don't see what there is to undermine.

I think it's been said many times but it bears repeating. The suggestion is for a single match. The point of which is to send a message and also get some publicity. It will affect the players, maybe, for one game. The message being sent is not to the players, it's to the club.

It's a very personal decision and one that people should not be challenged over. People should and will do what their heart tells them.

I think the best alternative to an empty stadium is one very full, loud stadium with the fans making their feelings clear. Trouble with that is the club would ignore the message while patting themselves on the back for filling the seats.

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Why would it be counterproductive. There's nothing productive right now. Detrimental? Again, there's nothing really working so I don't see what there is to undermine.

I think it's been said many times but it bears repeating. The suggestion is for a single match. The point of which is to send a message and also get some publicity. It will affect the players, maybe, for one game. The message being sent is not to the players, it's to the club.

It's a very personal decision and one that people should not be challenged over. People should and will do what their heart tells them.

I think the best alternative to an empty stadium is one very full, loud stadium with the fans making their feelings clear. Trouble with that is the club would ignore the message while patting themselves on the back for filling the seats.

:agree: Whats the worst that can happen, we lose the game? Christ we have plenty of experience in losing games, its hardly the end of the world.

We have tried everything else, its time all the fans showed the club they will not put up with this any longer.

Diclonius
21-09-2014, 02:22 PM
:agree: Whats the worst that can happen, we lose the game? Christ we have plenty of experience in losing games, its hardly the end of the world.

We have tried everything else, its time all the fans showed the club they will not put up with this any longer.

Correct.

We've turned up in numbers and given our unconditional support when the club has asked, and what have they done? Oh yeah, lost game after game, despite massive (undeserved) attendances - Malmo, Kilmarnock & Hamilton to name a few. 15,000 fans mugged.

Not only this, we have continually kept season ticket prices at top 5 Premiership level after we were RELEGATED TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP and refused to spend any money until we, the fans, have coughed up as opposed to showing ambition and buying players before we commit.

Even when we do buy players we have to wait week after week until all our nearest rivals have fully settled squads ready for the season while we're scrambling around on deadline day buying youngsters on loan and journeymen. I do not believe that all season ticket money goes toward the playing fund. I think a significant amount is held back and that our chairman (not our chief executive) has final say in timing of deals, transfer funds and wage negotiations.

This club have taken our support for granted and treated us like mugs despite unconditional support. I fully support a one game boycott as it would show this board what they'll miss if they continue to screw us over, and what they deserve.

DH1875
21-09-2014, 02:34 PM

If rangers and hearts arent in the league do you think we will still get away with charging £405 for a ST?
We will be hard pushed to get 5k if we do.

Phil MaGlass
21-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Maybe we should think about a mass walkout if some are not interested in a boycott, from what I can remember, Aberdeen did this a while ago and I think it was around the 60th minute or summit like that.

Jonnyboy
21-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Nope

Bostonhibby
21-09-2014, 06:54 PM

Hear what you are saying Andy but we are getting a doing of teams who are part time and play on plastic pitches because they are cheaper to maintain than the real thing, their grounds are cow sheds and they think the Yams riccarton field is the maracana.

Our ability to match anyone is not driven by how much money we think we have or how much more we pay our players, its about how much is left to spend on new players after we have blown most of it getting rid of prior years dodgy signings and appointments.

Factor in on top of that how much the so called lower league opposition have been licking their lips in anticipation of our lot turning up................how much money we have ain't that important, It's the mentality on the pitch and how its organised.

leggeto
21-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Would it not be better to do a walk out so he would see everyone do it,it needs to be in big numbers or it wouldn't work

weonlywon6-2
21-09-2014, 07:40 PM
I think its difficult to know what to do.demos outside the stand usually is enough to get rid of managers etc but i think we need a nuclear bomb to get rid of petrie

wookie70
21-09-2014, 08:00 PM

I agree with this idea. I have paid for my Season Tickets and I use Easter Road as a naughty chair for the kids misbehavior during the week. I can make them hold red cards up as further penance.

Hiber-nation
21-09-2014, 08:21 PM

I think this would be a great idea, I suggested it on the PM board a few weeks ago. Who knows what Petrie would think about it but at least it would show we actually gave a monkey's about the sorry situation we're in.

Although I stayed away for a couple of games at the end of the Calderwood era, no way would I boycott now, I can't think of anything better to do on a Saturday afternoon other than watch Hibs, no matter how pish we are. Not even for one game.

J-C
22-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Why not have a huge turnout the next game and about 1 min before kick off, everyone one of us just gets up out of our seats and start piling out of the ground, a mass exodus, it'll show the directors and the players exactly our feeling, we show them with our feet by turning our back on them.

neil7908
22-09-2014, 10:16 AM
I've not been since the play off game & not intending to go back anytime soon..

Nowt will change at the club if the fans do what they've always done..

A mass no show protest could do no harm

Unfortunately I'm the same. The play off game just really took it out of me. I made a vow to myself not to go back until I felt the club actually cared and this was reflected in the team on the pitch. Prices being kept the same was another huge blow. With Dempster coming in I began to hope again but decided to give it a few games this season and nothing seems to have changed.

I'm saving for a house, car, wedding, holidays etc at the moment and cant justify spending £22 to watch Hibs any more. In fact I ended up paying £44 a few times last year as the only way I could get someone to come along with me was to pay for their ticket.

To be honest though I've been saving for those things for a few years now but always managed to get to the majority of home games, even if I didn't have a season ticket. Something just broke in me after the play offs in a way that didn't happen after the last relegation, Malmo, cup final vs Hertz etc.

I realised on Saturday that it was the first weekend I can ever remember where I didn't know who we were playing. To be fair I was at a wedding but years gone by I would have been sneaking off to check the score on my phone. I got back late yesterday afternoon and just remembered we had a game on then. I hate saying that but my dad who has supported and attended games longer than I have been alive hasn't been for 2 years now and isn't interested in going back either. Ditto my brother.

Massive credit to those turning up week in, week out but I just feel drained and dejected everytime I watch Hibs now and I can't keep spending that kind of money on something that I dont enjoy.