PDA

View Full Version : Dumfries Hibby

marjoriebanks
20-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Just back in after sitting among Queens fans as I have friends who are QOS supporters. They deserved to win as they had some idea as to how to play and organise themselves. Hibs were organised, retreating to the half way line every time QOS had the ball. As an inept performance that I have seen from Hibs and I have seen some beauts including the last visit when we were beat 2-0 in the League Cup.
Where I was sitting directly behind the Directors box, LD sat next to Rod in the first half. However she moved three rows back from him in the second. Much the same as the team going backward. The answer lies I think in a new owner and investment. Tom Farmer has had his thanks, but he will leave a shell of a club if things don't change quickly. Even at this stage I would worry for next year as unlike our neighbours who are reaping the rewards of blooding their youngsters, our for example Stanton looked poor against the QOS players who have been around for a while and were more streetwise than him. Our experienced players were too busy going backwards to assist the forwards resulting in QOS having the ball at the back for long spells.
When will Hibs come good again, not sure they will under this owner and board.

Hibeewilly
20-09-2014, 05:00 PM
LD sat in the same row as Petrie first half but 2 along from him. She sat further back second with her head in her hands most of it. An absolutely gutless toothless devoid of ideas performance. We will be in a relegation battle unless there is a massive improvement!!!!

sleeping giant
20-09-2014, 06:43 PM
LD sat in the same row as Petrie first half but 2 along from him. She sat further back second with her head in her hands most of it. An absolutely gutless toothless devoid of ideas performance. We will be in a relegation battle unless there is a massive improvement!!!!

Do you think she was thinking " how on earth have I managed to make them worse" ?

emerald green
20-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Do you think she was thinking " how on earth have I managed to make them worse" ?

No, I think she may have been thinking "what have I got myself into here at this club".

RedHibby
20-09-2014, 07:19 PM
IMHO LD has not got a free hand to do it her way. RP always seems to be there. The only way forward in this mess is new owners who see that it could be an easy way into Europe without spending what the Premier League Teams have to spend to get into Europe.

Famous Fiver
20-09-2014, 08:41 PM
I said after the Falkirk game that we are in a relegation battle and got shot down in flames. Nothing I have seen since, including today, has made me change my mind.

We are badly set up, have no leaders, and cannot cope with enthusiastic teams who consider us a scalp.

Rangers up next.

Over to you Alan.

Barrabus
21-09-2014, 12:03 AM
I said after the Falkirk game that we are in a relegation battle and got shot down in flames. Nothing I have seen since, including today, has made me change my mind.

We are badly set up, have no leaders, and cannot cope with enthusiastic teams who consider us a scalp.

Rangers up next.

Over to you Alan.
Correct - we are absolutely toiling. Loads of teams today,who were initially behind,
(all over the country) managed to scrape a draw or score a late winner whereas us (deja vu).........?

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2014, 12:08 AM
I saw her move away from Petrie, i wonder if she thought she should not be associated with that clown?

Guilty by association and all that. :confused:

Zondervan
21-09-2014, 01:20 AM
Anyone fancy blaming Stubbs yet, and the fact he sets his teams up very negatively?

No, if course not.

Ringothedog
21-09-2014, 09:07 AM
Anyone fancy blaming Stubbs yet, and the fact he sets his teams up very negatively?

No, if course not.
I said it earlier in the season,this is the worst Hibernian team I have seen in my life and we are ten times worse this season than under butcher. Stubbs does not have a clue, his tactics are baffling and most of his signings are poor. We did not need inexperienced players we needed hardened professionals.

Callum_62
21-09-2014, 10:04 AM
I said it earlier in the season,this is the worst Hibernian team I have seen in my life and we are ten times worse this season than under butcher. Stubbs does not have a clue, his tactics are baffling and most of his signings are poor. We did not need inexperienced players we needed hardened professionals.

I though that he only had some input but not overall control of signings?

Borderhibbie76
21-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Lets just sack another manager then after half a dozen games coz that policy has worked out so well for us in the last 7 years!! Its our board and severe lack of ambition and investment in squad that are the issue...

Ringothedog
22-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Lets just sack another manager then after half a dozen games coz that policy has worked out so well for us in the last 7 years!! Its our board and severe lack of ambition and investment in squad that are the issue...

Part of what you say is true, but the board do not pick the team, do the training, choose the tactics or make the substitutions. Stubbs does. We are playing in the second tier of Scottish football, if the manager cannot set up a wiining team at this level then he is not good enough to be the Hibernian manager.