PDA

View Full Version : The aim is to win the league

Bleeds green
20-09-2014, 04:11 PM
Feel totally betrayed by this statement from LD this team will be lucky to finish in the top half of the league....£405 a season ticket aswell fans taken for a ride once again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibbyAndy
20-09-2014, 04:18 PM
:hilarious

The way its going Hearts will finish 25 points clear of us.

erskine-hibby
20-09-2014, 04:19 PM
It was a misquote. Should have read we aim to win a game.

bobbyhibs1983
20-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Im sorta in the same boat im afraid, This season is the first season i have gotten a st for a good 4-5years and well it was a decision i thought about over and over about should i?shouldn't I?
in the end i agreed to the payment plan and well Im sorry to say its seems to be a regreat now, (cue getting shot down here)

I Feel the least could have done last season was ok this is what we want we want.We wanna win the league or get up first time in asking.I feel we had a chance, very very unlikely now

SanFranHibs
20-09-2014, 04:21 PM

The way its going Hearts will finish 25 points clear of us.

Probably more...remember we still have 3(?) games with them, that's 9 points for them.

KeithTheHibby
20-09-2014, 04:29 PM
The club might have stated that they intended to win the league blah blah blah but that was never going to happen and the board knew it. Instead of taking the fight to the huns and the yams the board simply accepted that winning the league was beyond us and would have been hoping on a play off place. Shameful.

Gatecrasher
20-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Feel totally betrayed by this statement from LD this team will be lucky to finish in the top half of the league....£405 a season ticket aswell fans taken for a ride once again

At this rate we will be lucky to finish in a play off spot. When they said our ambition to win the league is turning out to be completely hollow.

Dalkeith Hibee
20-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Dempster would make a great politician as she is a complete liar. The time it took for her to sack Butcher, hire Stubbs and the lack of support and budget she has given him. Pathetic

Bobby's Cinema
20-09-2014, 04:33 PM
Actions speak louder than words. Our transfer business proved this to be utter bollocks

cabbageandribs1875
20-09-2014, 04:37 PM
she was being futuristic, i think she was talking about next seasons campaign(which will still be £22 for the 1st div, or maybe a slight increase), hopefully be back up in the championship for the 2016-2017 season

:duck:

Thecat23
20-09-2014, 04:39 PM
LD has lied to us, RP has lied to us. Farmer couldn't care less about us.

We were promised quality and not last min signings. That's turned out lies. We were promised winds of change that's turned out lies.

So for me, she can ram her meetings up her jam roll and until this club actually starts to take the football side seriously they won't get a penny from me either. If Hibs are in financial trouble then the idiot owning us should sell to one of the proposed buyers.

the_ginger_hibee
20-09-2014, 04:45 PM
LD has lied to us, RP has lied to us. Farmer couldn't care less about us.

We were promised quality and not last min signings. That's turned out lies. We were promised winds of change that's turned out lies.

So for me, she can ram her meetings up her jam roll and until this club actually starts to take the football side seriously they won't get a penny from me either. If Hibs are in financial trouble then the idiot owning us should sell to one of the proposed buyers.

:agree: Problem is you have too many folk 'just happy to be here' at these meetings. Happy to mix in those circles and wont even think of stepping out of line.

Don't really agree wholly with BW at the meeting a few weeks back but we need more answers and more standing up for the mugged off supporters. Non-attendance, if organised correctly, would also be effective. But I fear we've too many of the folk described in my first sentence.

Thecat23
20-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Yeah I agree. They still have many willing to keep sailing along aimlessly hoping something happens. We could be playing junior football and some folk would still back this mob. A proper boycott from walk ups is a must.

cabbageandribs1875
20-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Yeah I agree. They still have many willing to keep sailing along aimlessly hoping something happens. We could be playing junior football and some folk would still back this mob. A proper boycott from walk ups is a must.

i think it's safe to say the walk-up's are already boycotting, and in their thousands as well, last weeks attendance was proof, 7000 free tickets, hibs kids day, and a bit of gratitude showing support for Pat Stanton...and still just 11k, the board can't fool ALL the people, ALL of the time

NAE NOOKIE
20-09-2014, 04:58 PM
:agree: Problem is you have too many folk 'just happy to be here' at these meetings. Happy to mix in those circles and wont even think of stepping out of line.

Don't really agree wholly with BW at the meeting a few weeks back but we need more answers and more standing up for the mugged off supporters. Non-attendance, if organised correctly, would also be effective. But I fear we've too many of the folk described in my first sentence.

For a lot of folk non attendance is a last resort TGH ...... don't you dare suggest folk for whom that would be a heart breaking decision are happy clappers, that is a bloody unfair insult to some of the BEST supporters this club has. I have no vested interest in saying that, I don't know a single one of them!

Having said that ..... as every option we use up fails to get the attention of the people who own this club it is beginning to look like the only one left.

EDIT:

I don't know if the folk running the club read these forums ... if they do they should look at my posting history .. when I get round to this way of thinking and it doesn't ring alarm bells they truly are stupid.

Thecat23
20-09-2014, 04:58 PM
i think it's safe to say the walk-up's are already boycotting, and in their thousands as well, last weeks attendance was proof, 7000 free tickets, hibs kids day, and a bit of gratitude showing support for Pat Stanton...and still just 11k, the board can't fool ALL the people, ALL of the time

That's true, and I'm glad because the sooner these clowns are out the better for Hibs.

the_ginger_hibee
20-09-2014, 05:00 PM
For a lot of folk non attendance is a last resort TGH ...... don't you dare suggest folk for whom that would be a heart breaking decision are happy clappers, that is a bloody unfair insult to some of the BEST supporters this club has. I have no vested interest in saying that, I don't know a single one of them!

Having said that ..... as every option we use up fails to get the attention of the people who own this club it is beginning to look like the only one left.

What?

I meant boycott of meetings?! I don't think boycott of a game would ever really be possible or fulfilled. Would also hit the Hibs pocket too which is counter-productive.

#2 Double Tap
20-09-2014, 05:01 PM
How can anyone still have faith in LD, she has done nothing to sort out our problems. IMO all she has done has hired masses of backroom people and asked fans to fill out questionnaires.

not good enough.

NOLA
20-09-2014, 05:06 PM
rookie manager cutting his teeth here, im sure he will go on to better things, shame his mistakes are gonna keep us down in the 1st division for awhile

NAE NOOKIE
20-09-2014, 05:12 PM
What?

I meant boycott of meetings?! I don't think boycott of a game would ever really be possible or fulfilled. Would also hit the Hibs pocket too which is counter-productive.

I stand corrected ....... As for hitting Hibs in the pocket ... the way its going we will soon be down to a couple of hundred walk ups with the rest ST holders. A boycott of one game at that point wont be much of a financial hit IMO.

I never want to hit Hibs financially ... but as it stands a crowd of 1000 at the next home game would certainly make a point. Which will be ignored I've no doubt by our owner and chairman who have proved so adept at that in the past.

Onion
20-09-2014, 05:14 PM
The club might have stated that they intended to win the league blah blah blah but that was never going to happen and the board knew it. Instead of taking the fight to the huns and the yams the board simply accepted that winning the league was beyond us and would have been hoping on a play off place. Shameful.

Patently obvious half way through the summer that statement was fiction (at best) or a blatant lie (at worst). What's more shocking is that so many on this board bought into that fairy story, shouting down anyone who dare say otherwise.

basehibby
20-09-2014, 05:14 PM
As time goes by this looks more and more like a cynical lie. When the season started we were nowhere near ready but you thought we could still get some game changing signings in the door. As the transfer window slammed shut the air resounded with the question "who?" as a series of unknown loanees were announced, but you thought give them a chance - maybe Stubbs has id'd some diamonds in the dust.

Now as the season rolls on amid defeat after embarassing defeat you just have to conclude that there was never any intention of challenging for the title and that the decision to charge SPL prices is nothing short of fraudulent. The players in the team should be hiding their faces in shame - but not nearly so much as Dempster and co who as budget setters have ultimate responsibility for the pathetic shambles we are witnessing unfold before our eyes.

the_ginger_hibee
20-09-2014, 05:20 PM
I stand corrected ....... As for hitting Hibs in the pocket ... the way its going we will soon be down to a couple of hundred walk ups with the rest ST holders. A boycott of one game at that point wont be much of a financial hit IMO.

I never want to hit Hibs financially ... but as it stands a crowd of 1000 at the next home game would certainly make a point. Which will be ignored I've no doubt by our owner and chairman who have proved so adept at that in the past.

I agree.

As I said, not sure if boycott is even possible. A lot of supporters, will rightly, feel like not supporting the club at games does nobody any favours and won't subscribe to it. As a STH myself I'm not sure if I'd be up for a full game protest. A walk-out, a late walk-in, something along those lines - would be a good sign of solidarity/protest and a less damaging way for us all to conduct ourselves.

I'm just sick of our team in turmoil, feels like it's been constant for years now...probably because it has right enough :boo hoo:

alexhibs
20-09-2014, 05:21 PM
Dempster would make a great politician as she is a complete liar. The time it took for her to sack Butcher, hire Stubbs and the lack of support and budget she has given him. Pathetic

Tell you what LD **** yer survey how's about getting this club back to where it belongs ffs!!!! It could be a long long time for us to get back and by that time the support will have dwindled. I know let's spend some f***** money and get some debt it seems to have worked for our neighbours

loanheadhibby
20-09-2014, 05:23 PM

Its the fans aim to win the league. It's the clubs aim to make idiots of us by charging premier prices whilst playing east of Scotland football.

We've all been hoodwinked.

Thecat23
20-09-2014, 05:24 PM
What?

Maybe it's time to hit Farmer in the pocket then. Because we keep pumping money into the club and get nothing in return. Force him to play his hand and sell up.

HibsMax
20-09-2014, 05:30 PM
I agree.

As I said, not sure if boycott is even possible. A lot of supporters, will rightly, feel like not supporting the club at games does nobody any favours and won't subscribe to it. As a STH myself I'm not sure if I'd be up for a full game protest. A walk-out, a late walk-in, something along those lines - would be a good sign of solidarity/protest and a less damaging way for us all to conduct ourselves.

I'm just sick of our team in turmoil, feels like it's been constant for years now...probably because it has right enough :boo hoo:

I understand that people want to support the club - financially and vocally - but I honestly don't think a single game boycott would do that much damage. It's purpose would be to send a message more than anything else.

If not a boycott then an organized protest whereby the fans chant a message to the board from start through finish. Again, a single game event.

If that doesn't work, new measures need to be sought out.

leggeto
20-09-2014, 05:34 PM
We are down here for two seasons, I suspect that was always the real plan anyway, the unrealistic prediction was only a cover up,and I don't think any of us believed her anyway,bottom half of the table for me 7th place

sahib
20-09-2014, 05:38 PM
It was a misquote. Should have read we aim to win a game.

LeithBoozy
20-09-2014, 05:41 PM
The lads that have stated that there are still far too many players left over from last season are right, what part of the word CLEAROUT do Hibs not understand. Petrie hanging-about like a bad smell, is not helping matters either IMO.

Col2
20-09-2014, 05:56 PM
I laughed a little when i completed the survey last week.

The single question about the importance of investing in the 1st team (1-10). I can just picture the survey team pulling together all the results and preparing a summary for the next board meeting....

.....Conversation at board meeting will be......"so we have lots of 7 and 8's ands some 2 and 3 scores......but what is this 10 score sticking out from all other results.....????"

"Oh its the one about having a team on the park to compete...oh right". ..uneasy silence......

Then...."well after all it was a survey about ownership so lets focus on that"......

blackpoolhibs
20-09-2014, 06:54 PM
I'm surprised we all took in the bull**** once again from the club at the start of the season. Why would it be any different with the same owner and puppet still there?

TrinityHibby
20-09-2014, 06:59 PM
rookie manager cutting his teeth here, im sure he will go on to better things, shame his mistakes are gonna keep us down in the 1st division for awhile
Re rookie manager ......What makes you so sure of that? Seems a really nice guy however think he is looking out of his depth already

SteveHFC
20-09-2014, 07:32 PM
:faf:

DH1875
20-09-2014, 07:59 PM

Wonder if they'll be charging £405 next season if we are still in this division.

While I agree he might go onto better things, maybe we should have thought twice before appointing a rookie manager this season :dunno:

Bleeds green
20-09-2014, 08:09 PM
Will there be any statement from LD to say ok I was wrong we have made mistakes the transfer policy was wrong the aim is play offs etc etc

eastcoasthibby
20-09-2014, 08:21 PM
At this rate we will be lucky to finish in a play off spot. When they said our ambition to win the league is turning out to be completely hollow.

Which play off spot? Top or bottom? Starting to feel like last year's freefall from Christmas time :(

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-09-2014, 08:29 PM
League One?

Hibernia&Alba
20-09-2014, 08:38 PM
We were never going to win the league; never. Dempster didn't believe what she was saying, and nor did we. My personal aim is to see the team being competitive and towards the top, but that's looking just as unlikely.

Borderhibbie76
21-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Re rookie manager ......What makes you so sure of that? Seems a really nice guy however think he is looking out of his depth already
Stubbs is the one I dont blame for this mess...he has been hung out to dry by this shambolic board of ours and a severe lack of investment in the squad. No doubt he will be sacked by Xmas tho as LD and her puppet master struggle to deflect criticism from them. Hope they enjoyed my £405 for my ST as its the last cash they receive from me till Farmer and Petrie are gone!! I thought long and hard about renewing this year...wish I hadnt bothered now!! Like others I was sadly taken in by LD and her lies!