PDA

View Full Version : Finished

Wotherspiniesta
20-09-2014, 04:08 PM
I've had it with this club. A continual embarassment from top to bottom. How much more can you take?

Thecat23
20-09-2014, 04:09 PM
I've had it with this club. A continual embarassment from top to bottom. How much more can you take?

Don't blame you, I'm a season ticket holder but can't see me at the next home game. I've had enough too.

Geo_1875
20-09-2014, 04:12 PM

More than you.

GreenLake
20-09-2014, 04:14 PM
I'm looking forward to shopping with the wife this afternoon.

bobbyhibs1983
20-09-2014, 04:14 PM
now now, our manager needs time
new to the job, needs time,

Im unsure really what to say, but does anyone know how we played? i mean were we unlucky? were we like having loads of shots on target etc?

I also have a seaon ticket and well im not sure how excited i am to having the st , i mean 3 games in(home games), am i alone in feeling un excited/ not looking forward to games?

The Harp Awakes
20-09-2014, 04:16 PM
It's the lack of fight and acceptance of defeat by the team season after season which is incomprehensible.

What the hell is going on inside our Club:confused:

All the bull**** needs to stop now. Listening sessions are a waste of time. There needs to be 100% focus from everyone at the Club to get it right on the park. They can start by getting in Griffiths and stop flapping with the deal.

HibbyAndy
20-09-2014, 04:16 PM
premiership prices for that? lol.

My nephew will now use my season ticket, Im finished with Hibs.

Www1875hfc
20-09-2014, 04:17 PM
Something needs done, we need a protest inside the stadium next home game, Boycott behind the goals,let Petrie see we want action.

Enough is enough.

buktapurple79
20-09-2014, 04:19 PM
It's the lack of fight and acceptance of defeat by the team season after season which is incomprehensible.

All the bull**** needs to stop now. Listening sessions are a waste of time. There needs to be 100% focus from everyone at the Club to get it right on the park. They can start by getting in Griffiths and stop flapping with the deal. Just get Leigh in.

Spot on. LD can shut up and get Sparky in ASAP. be good for Stubbs to see a passionate Hibby at training, hopefully galvanise the rest of the bottlers

Wotherspiniesta
20-09-2014, 04:20 PM

Im unsure really what to say, but does anyone know how we played? i mean were we unlucky? were we like having loads of shots on target etc?

I also have a seaon ticket and well im not sure how excited i am to having the st , i mean 3 games in(home games), am i alone in feeling un excited/ not looking forward to games?

Be honest with yourself, does it really matter how we played?

We got beat. Again.

lucky
20-09-2014, 04:23 PM
Does it really mater any more. Hibs are are heading the way for Dunfermline. We've not bottomed out yet. But RP will just carry on

bobbyhibs1983
20-09-2014, 04:24 PM
Something needs done, we need a protest inside the stadium next home game, Boycott behind the goals,let Petrie see we want action.

Enough is enough.

no offence but people have tried that before and well it has failed time and time again,The only way hibs will listen imo is that people stop buying tickets, both st's and walk ups,
will enough people do that? no they wont
so nothing will change not for a good 1-2years

KeithTheHibby
20-09-2014, 04:26 PM

Listened to the game on the radio, we were garbage. I'm not convinced Stubbs is the man. Does he even know his best team? Meanwhile those ****ers over the road go from strength to strength. Embarrassment of a club.

KeithTheHibby
20-09-2014, 04:27 PM
no offence but people have tried that before and well it has failed time and time again,The only way hibs will listen imo is that people stop buying tickets, both st's and walk ups,
will enough people do that? no they wont
so nothing will change not for a good 1-2years

More pish results and the crowds will drop, that's a guarantee.

DaveF
20-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Does it really mater any more. Hibs are are heading the way for Dunfermline. We've not bottomed out yet. But RP will just carry on

For once lucky, I agree with you. Dunfermline mkII is what we are destined to be.

bobbyhibs1983
20-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Listened to the game on the radio, we were garbage. I'm not convinced Stubbs is the man. Does he even know his best team? Meanwhile those ****ers over the road go from strength to strength. Embarrassment of a club.

oh ok thanx for the info, I only got the score(s) from soccer saturday.

The problem we have is we started late imo, we didn't get players in early , and we did not get enough players in.Heartz on the other hand i feel knew they were down and sorta got themself organised, and were like ok we need this, this and that, lets get that done.

now us on the other hand, we wait a few weeks to sack our manager, wait another few weeks to get a new manager, who in turn gets a few weeks, which in turn mid way through pre season which in turn we lose 14 or so players, we bring in a few players and bang we are like 5 games down

Bobby's Cinema
20-09-2014, 04:31 PM
I decided after this latest disgrace of a transfer window that my attendance would be rare for this season.

The board knew the state of the squad and decided not to act seriously. I agree with the above. We can sink further

EastCalderHibby
20-09-2014, 04:33 PM

All the bull**** needs to stop now. Listening sessions are a waste of time. There needs to be 100% focus from everyone at the Club to get it right on the park. They can start by getting in Griffiths and stop flapping with the deal.

:top marks :agree: even with lg on board we would need to brick up the goals at the other end

BroxburnHibee
20-09-2014, 04:33 PM
oh ok thanx for the info, I only got the score(s) from soccer saturday.

The problem we have is we started late imo, we didn't get players in early , and we did not get enough players in.Heartz on the other hand i feel knew they were down and sorta got themself organised, and were like ok we need this, this and that, lets get that done.

now us on the other hand, we wait a few weeks to sack our manager, wait another few weeks to get a new manager, who in turn gets a few weeks, which in turn mid way through pre season which in turn we lose 14 or so players, we bring in a few players and bang we are like 5 games down

Yep - total mismanagement from you know who.

Still there though.

SanFranHibs
20-09-2014, 04:35 PM

Incredible. They had to gut their team twice in the last year, entered administration, got relegated, BUT did not employ back room Facilitators/DOF's, Nutritionists but just signed players who are doing their job very well.

Our club decimated our squad, sacked the management staff and then decided that the best thing to do was employ backroom staff. Then we got a manager who was left scrambling for loan players in the last week of the transfer window and then a freebie or two once the season had gotten off to a bad start.

Good work Hibs!!!

I might be somewhat petty here but I can't help it right now. This is just so damned ridiculous it is embarrassing.

Waxy
20-09-2014, 04:36 PM
At this time i don't think we'll finish bottom. Cowdenbeath look like certs. We'll probably start favs for our relegation playoff

alexhibs
20-09-2014, 04:38 PM

Tell you what LD **** yer survey how's about getting this club back to where it belongs ffs!!!! It could be a long long time for us to get back and by that time the support will have dwindled. I know let's spend some f***** money and get some debt it seems to have worked for our neighbours

jakeshibs
20-09-2014, 04:39 PM
I am done with this cant take any more, we don't seem to receive the passion that we give and not doing it any more...... (sorry)

bobbyhibs1983
20-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Incredible. They had to gut their team twice in the last year, entered administration, got relegated, BUT did not employ back room Facilitators/DOF's, Nutritionists but just signed players who are doing their job very well.

Our club decimated our squad, sacked the management staff and then decided that the best thing to do was employ backroom staff. Then we got a manager who was left scrambling for loan players in the last week of the transfer window and then a freebie or two once the season had gotten off to a bad start.

Good work Hibs!!!

I might be somewhat petty here but I can't help it right now. This is just so damned ridiculous it is embarrassing.

I sorta posted similar above and no i dont think your being petty, your saying what alot of us fans are thinking, and feeling

erskine-hibby
20-09-2014, 04:45 PM
I, for one, won't be back at ER until things change DRAMATICALLY. It's not about glory hunting or not supporting the team, no, it's all about justifying spending my hard earned wages on watching this crud.

hibs4thecup1988
20-09-2014, 04:46 PM
9 players in the squad today that were in the team last year.

Too much defeatist attitude amongst the squad in my view.

Griffiths would be best giving this team a wide berth. His confidence will go through the floor.

I am not a season ticket holder and I am delighted I am not.

Pretty Boy
20-09-2014, 04:48 PM
At least the pie queue will be shorter when there's only 5000 of us there by February.

jdships
20-09-2014, 04:49 PM
Trying hard not make " knee jerk" decisions BUT
I am in my mid eighties and make an effort when health/weather allows to keep a decent attendance record at ER ,( plus a few away
games ), however I need to be entertained also I stiil have a little adrenilin left that I would like to feel is active in me but in all honesty I don't think I will be " taking two buses to get to ER " in the near future.
I have BT sport on my TV which gives me three/five, rugby / soccer matches on each of Saturday/Sunday and I think that's where I will be for the forseeable future !!

Sorry guys , but I have given up trying to be a Uber fan !!:greengrin:wink:

DaveF
20-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Trying hard not make " knee jerk" decisions BUT
I am in my mid eighties and make an effort when health/weather allows to keep a decent attendance record at ER ,( plus a few away
games ), however I need to be entertained also I stiil have a little adrenilin left that I would like to feel is active in me but in all honesty I don't think I will be " taking two buses to get to ER " in the near future.
I have BT sport on my TV which gives me three/five, rugby / soccer matches on each of Saturday/Sunday and I think that's where I will be for the forseeable future !!

Sorry guys , but I have given up trying to be a Uber fan !!:greengrin:wink:

I think you are entitled to a knee jerk reaction at that age. Keeps you fit :greengrin

Scottie
20-09-2014, 04:51 PM

:agree:

For once lucky, I agree with you. Dunfermline mkII is what we are destined to be.

3rd Lanark here we come

bobbyhibs1983
20-09-2014, 04:55 PM
I think you are entitled to a knee jerk reaction at that age. Keeps you fit :greengrin

entitled to a knew jerk reaction? more like a knighthood, for a gent at that age still wanting to go,:na na:

Nameless
20-09-2014, 04:56 PM
The worst thing I can say about how I feel is that I'm over the result already.

Spot on - my will is broken, so I will meekly accept that hibs are utter, spineless garbage, and just get on with my life. I honestly didn't think I would ever fall out if love with hibs, but today is all the proof I need - I really don't care that we lost.....

Jim44
20-09-2014, 04:57 PM
We will never make any headway until we are rid of Petrie and Farmer. There is something rancid about the club and I'm convinced it starts and finishes with them. If they are here for much longer, we will end up in the bottom two and that means certain relegation. That'll be 'goodnight Vienna' and oblivion for the foreseeable future.

SkintHibby
20-09-2014, 05:00 PM
To see the 4th biggest club in Scotland sink to 19th place in Scottish football is totally shameful - an absolute disgrace.

Alfred E Newman
20-09-2014, 05:01 PM

Griffiths would be best giving this team a wide berth. His confidence will go through the floor.

That is it in a nutshell. Unbelievable that so many that let us down last year are still here.

hibeesjoe
20-09-2014, 05:13 PM
The crap thing is I'm legally committed too paying over £40 a month for 2 season tickets now. As much as I'm totally scunnered with them, the club is still getting my money.

loanheadhibby
20-09-2014, 05:13 PM
We will never make any headway until we are rid of Petrie and Farmer. There is something rancid about the club and I'm convinced it starts and finishes with them. If they are here for much longer, we will end up in the bottom two and that means certain relegation. That'll be 'goodnight Vienna' and oblivion for the foreseeable future.

We're kidding ourself to blame the owners. I'm no fan of them but they don't play on a Saturday. Robertson, Stevenson, hanlon et al are not good enough.

Stubbs has to take some of the blame.

KingFranck
20-09-2014, 05:16 PM
I used to buy a ST every season not any more I'm finished with this and won't even accept a free ticket for any game could be interesting to see the crowds at Er for next few games might finally ram the message home to the club they are an embarrassment to our club

marjoriebanks
20-09-2014, 05:20 PM
I don't get to many games but until Tom Farmer does something to sort this I for one will not be going to games. I am fed up big time.

st3vie
20-09-2014, 05:20 PM
The club is rotten to the core, I wont be back, I feel betrayed by hibs:brickwall

AFKA5814_Hibs
20-09-2014, 05:21 PM
The players have to take the responsibility now. We are losing to teams of part time players and clubs who average crowds of 2000.

If they aren't good enough to at least finish top 4 in this league, then they should all be utterly embarrassed with themselves.

Jpdhfc
20-09-2014, 05:22 PM

First time I have not had a season ticket in sixteen years won't be back till people who want the club to succeed are at the helm .
Don't have to be successful just want to be.

bobbyhibs1983
20-09-2014, 05:23 PM
The crap thing is I'm legally committed too paying over £40 a month for 2 season tickets now. As much as I'm totally scunnered with them, the club is still getting my money.

In the same boat kinda as you though its £101 a month for the next 2-3months :grr:

flash
20-09-2014, 05:31 PM
I will be there but the atmosphere will be on a knife edge.

Can't say I blame anyone who isn't.

hibeesjoe
20-09-2014, 05:31 PM
We're kidding ourself to blame the owners. I'm no fan of them but they don't play on a Saturday. Robertson, Stevenson, hanlon et al are not good enough.

Completely agree that Stubbs has to start taking some of the blame but you can only play with what you have. If there was no budget too bring in replacements then what's he meant too do. That starts and ends at board level.

You would have thought hibs would have found the money to buy there way out this league but instead they have spent nothing and are quite happy jogging along mid/lower table while hearts get a laugh at us again. Will be interesting too see season ticket numbers next season if we have a shocker and don't manage to land a play off position this year.

Canongatehibs
20-09-2014, 05:33 PM

im with you there. ****ing shambles and **** going back!

loanheadhibby
20-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Completely agree that Stubbs has to start taking some of the blame but you can only play with what you have. If there was no budget too bring in replacements then what's he meant too do. That starts and ends at board level.

You would have thought hibs would have found the money to buy there way out this league but instead they have spent nothing and are quite happy jogging along mid/lower table while hearts get a laugh at us again. Will be interesting too see season ticket numbers next season if we have a shocker and don't manage to land a play off position this year.

i agree that you can only pee with etc but surely our players should be better than Alloa, qos Falkirk?

stubbs ultimately has the responsibility of picking the team. Where are all these Everton young lads he promised us?

hibeesjoe
20-09-2014, 05:43 PM
He must realise the teams rotten. Quite worrying that it could have been a case of not being able too afford to bring in some Everton u21's.

Jim44
20-09-2014, 05:49 PM

Petrie and Farmer don't play on a Saturday but the players, good, mediocre or poor, oh, and also our managers, are conditioned by the ethos of the environment of the club. You can put perfectly good plants in contaminated soil but they will not flourish for long and will eventually die. Dramatic as it may sound, I think Petrie and Farmer have contaminated HFC for too long and only 'absolute removal' will give us a chance to flourish.

H18 SFR
20-09-2014, 05:52 PM
If they aren't good enough to at least finish top 4 in this league, then they should all be utterly embarrassed with themselves.[/QUOTE]

I think we should have enough in the tank to avoid automatic relegation. Fingers crossed we avoid the relegation play off spot. I also think our current league position reflects our playing squad. I've shared this view before on here and been slaughtered for it, maybe people share my view now.

On another note, I've really welcomed everything Stubbs and Dempster have had to say, I'm now beginning to think they can't talk the talk but may struggle walking the walk.

rcarter1
20-09-2014, 05:56 PM
i agree that you can only pee with etc but surely our players should be better than Alloa, qos Falkirk?

stubbs ultimately has the responsibility of picking the team. Where are all these Everton young lads he promised us?

The greatest manager in the world can only select from what we have available. The job requires instilling belief and desire - and bring in players with ability, belief and desire.

Brightside
20-09-2014, 05:58 PM
The players appear to be gutless. Who is the leader in the pitch?

The Green Goblin
20-09-2014, 06:00 PM
If they aren't good enough to at least finish top 4 in this league, then they should all be utterly embarrassed with themselves.I think we should have enough in the tank to avoid automatic relegation. Fingers crossed we avoid the relegation play off spot. I also think our current league position reflects our playing squad. I've shared this view before on here and been slaughtered for it, maybe people share my view now.

On another note, I've really welcomed everything Stubbs and Dempster have had to say, I'm now beginning to think they can't talk the talk but may struggle walking the walk.

The bit in bold scares me though, as it`s almost exactly what we were saying last season and look how that went....

H18 SFR
20-09-2014, 06:04 PM
The bit in bold scares me though, as it`s almost exactly what we were saying last season and look how that went....

I know, totally agree...Leeds Utd, Bradford City, Bolton, Man City (back in the day), Dunfermline to name a few. It happens, we have huge momentum...heading in a downward direction.

H18Y GW
20-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Missed my first game for a long time today and thoroughly enjoyed it...
May even become a habit,between £250-£300 a month i spend outwith my ST.

Scunnered

rcarter1
20-09-2014, 06:07 PM
If we ever get back to the SPL we need contracts that allow us to release anyone if we get relegated.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
20-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Anyone who thought or thinks we will get promoted should get their heeds checked. We're down here for another two seasons atleast. That's how far we have fallen, and I know it's hard to believe, but it's only going to keep getting worse and worse before it gets even remotely better.

We are an embarrassment. Infact, I think that's being polite.

rcarter1
20-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Petrie and Farmer don't play on a Saturday but the players, good, mediocre or poor, oh, and also our managers, are conditioned by the ethos of the environment of the club. You can put perfectly good plants in contaminated soil but they will not flourish for long and will eventually die. Dramatic as it may sound, I think Petrie and Farmer have contaminated HFC for too long and only 'absolute removal' will give us a chance to flourish.

this. We're done as a club with the current bunch.

SanFranHibs
20-09-2014, 06:15 PM
I think we should have enough in the tank to avoid automatic relegation. Fingers crossed we avoid the relegation play off spot. I also think our current league position reflects our playing squad. I've shared this view before on here and been slaughtered for it, maybe people share my view now.

If it was not straight after last season when I kept saying to myself, 'Oh, we'll avoid the playoffs. We'll get that one victory we need', I might be more confident but the bottom line is we have not stopped the rot, let alone built a playoff team.

I keep thinking, Allan, Kennedy, Malonga, Cummings, Sinclair, McGeouch should be decent in this league but as I said we still seem to be on the way down. Our 2 victories were lucky, Oxley's goal and a 94th minute winner. No-one will be scared to play us and no-one will be scared to come to Easter Road. We still seem to be as soft as ever and unable to score consistently and are consistently not getting the best from players we bring in. (Bit early I know for a couple of them).

We have a manager that waits until the 86th minute to make his last substitution, Allan who should have started before Robertson anyhow.

It is ok for people to say 'we will be fine' but alas the evidence is not great to support this and I think you have our best shot summed up....'Keep our fingers crossed!'

TrinityHibby
20-09-2014, 06:16 PM
Don't blame you, I'm a season ticket holder but can't see me at the next home game. I've had enough too.
I know how you feel guys.....worse still I predicted a defeat today and was as usual not wrong!! Worse still you just know ross county will also beat us on Tuesday to set us up nicely for Ibrox ......worrying times indeed

LancsHibs
20-09-2014, 06:17 PM
Today's performance was inept and embarrassing at QOS:boo hoo: I'm here in Scotland all week and have sorted rail travel & digs for Dingwall on Tuesday, Really wish I hadn't!! Feel like it's just a waste of time & money! Following Hibs is more disappointing than the referendum result!!!

TrinityHibby
20-09-2014, 06:20 PM
Today's performance was inept and embarrassing at QOS:boo hoo: I'm here in Scotland all week and have sorted rail travel & digs for Dingwall on Tuesday, Really wish I hadn't!! Feel like it's just a waste of time & money! Following Hibs is more disappointing than the referendum result!!!
I share your pain mate... See when your week is finished could you take stubbs and hIs cronies back to England with you. I really feel we have appointed yet another rookie dud destined to fail at the temple of doom

sleeping giant
20-09-2014, 06:28 PM

Exactly what I was saying earlier. We're crap and seem happy to just trundle on.

hibsbollah
20-09-2014, 06:33 PM
When she heard todays scoreline on the radio, Mrs Bollah asked me if I was ok. My response? 'Im really past caring now'. Which I think says it all really.

Ive paid my dues over the years. I'll start re-attending games when it starts to be some sort of fun again.

jacomo
20-09-2014, 06:35 PM

Does he even know his best team? Probably not, given he's only worked with the squad for 2 months and how many new players he has brought in.

Some nonsense on here.

Ronniekirk
20-09-2014, 06:36 PM

Good work Hibs!!!

You missed out they don't have a Conduit .:wink:

Slope
20-09-2014, 06:50 PM
I am annoyed with the regular guff about supporter consultation. I suggest that for the time-being the board focus 100% of their effort on improving the team and 0% on letting us know what they are trying to do. The latter will be apparent on the park.

pennyhibee
20-09-2014, 06:51 PM
An old hearts workmate texted me today for the first ti me in a while We got talking about football and he told me he hasn't watched them this season because Scottish football is so bad What could I say about Hibs :grr:

emerald green
20-09-2014, 06:52 PM
I was out and about this afternoon and I thought I'll have a look at the latest score on my phone. I did this reluctantly, because I fully expected Hibs to be getting beat, and of course they were.

It's just so depressingly familiar. Most weekends now have a dampener put on it by yet another terrible Hibs result.

Let's stop beating about the bush. Hibs are a club in terminal decline. What's the answer? I wish I knew. If I had the answer I would share it with everyone.

My suggestion for arresting the decline is the obvious one, i.e. the team starts winning games on a fairly regular basis! But, I just can't see that happening because the first team squad is simply not good enough. Some players have had chance after chance but simply fail to deliver. There are just too many players who are passengers in some games, and it has been like that for a long time now at Hibs.

I've refrained from criticising Alan Stubbs until now because he can only work with the players at his disposal. I wonder though if an inexperienced "first team coach" is going to be able to get wins out of this squad? I doubt it TBH. Did he not say recently that they have been told to buck up their ideas (words to that effect anyway)? The squad seems soft (physically and mentally) and lacking in any sort of leadership.

The buck for this very sad and depressing state of affairs on the pitch lies with the current owner and board. Time to go. Time for change.

Ronniekirk
20-09-2014, 07:17 PM

That's the thing I find hard to accept I am hurting like hell and by all accounts there was no fight and we give away a sloppy goal which is now par for the course. bringing in a Rookie Manager was always a risk . He played his two new Strikers ,and neither scored .Allan was billed as Marque signing and can't get a starting place .Two of our players getting paid the most Craig and Heff are surplus to requirements and should of been moved on . We could actually of got a fee for Craig . The best young players were let go and the current crop are getting beat heavily so you couldn't expect any of them to confidently step up to a first team that appears already to have thrown the towel in .
What happened to the form at Ibrox in first game ,why has that fallen away so easy . We have gone from creating 15 odd chances in a game ,to hardly creating any ,how can that happen .
I could never turn my back on the Club I love but I will sadly be picking and choosing my games now and looks like they could be few and far between .
The fact Hear7s have come out of administration and have a winning Team just adds Insult to Injury but am not going there I might say things I regret .
Am struggling to find any positives and have no idea where we go from here . Normally you would say the only way is up ,but for us I am genuinely not sure we are capable of top four finish .
Am away for another glass of wine

sadtom
20-09-2014, 07:18 PM
To echo a few previous comments, I never ever thought I'd feel like I do now - and that feeling is apathy.
At least when you are angry you care. I barely flinched when I saw the result then thought, 'oh sheite' , that's not a good sign.
Loved Hibs all my 48 years, as per usual I've got ST's for myself and 3 kids, despite knowing that my boys moved to Sunday afternoon football this season so we'll miss any Hibs games moved to sunday (which will probably be all the big fixtures).
Having already lost more than 20% of my earnings in real terms, (not to even mention what they have done to my pension), with more austerity on the way, thanks to the 55% who have a similar amount of 'bottle' as most of our players! Can I really justify £600 a year?
Had the opportunity to take 4 people to the game last week and could only find 2 who wanted freebies. Literally cant give them away at the mo.
Apathy is rife and apathy will kill the club far quicker than any other emotion.

TF and RP need to bolt yesterday. The longer they are here the less people will be left when they do leave.
Sick and tied of the same old bolleaux fae Hibs. Aw mooth, nae action

alexhibs
20-09-2014, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=jacomoseven;4176464]Does he even know his best team? Probably not, given he's only worked with the squad for 2 months and how many new players he has brought proves? I honestly have no idea anyway forward as petrie and framer going nowhere anytime soon!

Stubbs Doolan Holden? Surely ti f*** they can fire up the team to go and play decent football and win!!!!! Wtf have they been doing?

RedHibby
20-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Its all starting again, we can't keep blaming the manager. We have had numerous managers that were well capable when they were with other clubs, they come to Hibs and all of a sudden they are poor managers. FFS its not the managers, its the players and what is happening in the background and at board level.

TrinityHibby
20-09-2014, 07:34 PM
Its all starting again, we can't keep blaming the manager. We have had numerous managers that were well capable when they were with other clubs, they come to Hibs and all of a sudden they are poor managers. FFS its not the managers, its the players and what is happening in the background and at board level.
Stubbs has no track record as a manager........of course we should question his appointment especially as it already appears to be going badly wrong......we know the players are crap why doesn't he?

greenpaper55
20-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Hibs, the leeds United of Scotland. believe me this is the way we are going.

Bronson
20-09-2014, 07:45 PM
You'll all be back at some point, it's in our blood.

Sh*tty game today mind you, one of the worst away days I can remember having.

Itsnoteasy
20-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Spot on. LD can shut up and get Sparky in ASAP. be good for Stubbs to see a passionate Hibby at training, hopefully galvanise the rest of the bottlers

Thought Hanlon was a pishionate Hibby.

jdships
20-09-2014, 07:55 PM

Thanks for your kind thoughts :greengrin
This evening , looking back over the years , I realise that I, along with many of my age ,have been through some torrid times supporting Hibs but never did I think I would see them SITTING IN 19th POSITION IN SCOTTISH FOOTBALL.
To add insult to injury my grandson who normally plays rugby on Saturday afternoons commented " Y'know Papa when you are in that position the only way should be up but from what I have seen at two games this season , for Hibs , it could be DOWN!!!"
Thanks very much , " and its good night from him ...... "

Where do we go from here ?:confused::rolleyes:

bobbyhibs1983
20-09-2014, 07:56 PM
Does he even know his best team? Probably not, given he's only worked with the squad for 2 months and how many new players he has brought in.

Some nonsense on here.

well that guy heartz have brought in, has he worked for them for more than 2months? maybe 3 months?
and forgive me if im wrong but they seem to be doing pretty damn well.
and im sure they ve brought in more players than us,:confused:

Itsnoteasy
20-09-2014, 07:56 PM

Some nonsense on here.
Neilson is a new untried manager with 9 new signings and just in the door and doing not to bad so far. What I can't understand is where they are getting the cash.

RedHibby
20-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Stubbs has no track record as a manager........of course we should question his appointment especially as it already appears to be going badly wrong......we know the players are crap why doesn't he?

Unfortunately previous Managers had a good track record and where are they now?

HibbiesandtheBaddies
20-09-2014, 08:04 PM
To echo a few previous comments, I never ever thought I'd feel like I do now - and that feeling is apathy.
At least when you are angry you care. I barely flinched when I saw the result then thought, 'oh sheite' , that's not a good sign.
Loved Hibs all my 48 years, as per usual I've got ST's for myself and 3 kids, despite knowing that my boys moved to Sunday afternoon football this season so we'll miss any Hibs games moved to sunday (which will probably be all the big fixtures).
Having already lost more than 20% of my earnings in real terms, (not to even mention what they have done to my pension), with more austerity on the way, thanks to the 55% who have a similar amount of 'bottle' as most of our players! Can I really justify £600 a year?
Had the opportunity to take 4 people to the game last week and could only find 2 who wanted freebies. Literally cant give them away at the mo.
Apathy is rife and apathy will kill the club far quicker than any other emotion.

TF and RP need to bolt yesterday. The longer they are here the less people will be left when they do leave.

:agree:

Hibernia&Alba
20-09-2014, 08:16 PM
I can't criticize anyone who decides they've had enough. Indeed, many called it a day long before this low, and everyone has their point of no return. What can we say to those who are thinking of finishing by way of incentive to attend? Other than an emotional appeal to the heart, there's nothing to offer. It's very sad.

Paisley Hibby
20-09-2014, 08:17 PM
That's the thing I find hard to accept I am hurting like hell and by all accounts there was no fight and we give away a sloppy goal which is now par for the course. bringing in a Rookie Manager was always a risk . He played his two new Strikers ,and neither scored .Allan was billed as Marque signing and can't get a starting place .Two of our players getting paid the most Craig and Heff are surplus to requirements and should of been moved on . We could actually of got a fee for Craig . The best young players were let go and the current crop are getting beat heavily so you couldn't expect any of them to confidently step up to a first team that appears already to have thrown the towel in .
What happened to the form at Ibrox in first game ,why has that fallen away so easy . We have gone from creating 15 odd chances in a game ,to hardly creating any ,how can that happen .
I could never turn my back on the Club I love but I will sadly be picking and choosing my games now and looks like they could be few and far between .
The fact Hear7s have come out of administration and have a winning Team just adds Insult to Injury but am not going there I might say things I regret .
Am struggling to find any positives and have no idea where we go from here . Normally you would say the only way is up ,but for us I am genuinely not sure we are capable of top four finish .
Am away for another glass of wine

Maybe Butcher was right. Bin the lot of them and start with a clean sheet. We could have saved the cash we spent buying the most expensive backroom team outside the old firm and used it go buy some decent players instead. You know, things are so bad now that I'm pining for those heady heights we enjoyed under Fenlon...

NOLA
20-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Neilson is a new untried manager with 9 new signings and just in the door and doing not to bad so far. What I can't understand is where they are getting the cash.
more season tickets?

FranckSuzy
20-09-2014, 08:39 PM
Thought Hanlon was a pishionate Hibby.

:confused:

NOLA
20-09-2014, 08:42 PM
we need Direction from our owner, at the moment STF is happy to safeguard our clubs existence, thats all well and good but where is the ambition, STF will sell the club but only to the right party, in the meantime we stumble on and flounder, any business without leadership will fail, we are run as a business and we are failing because the success of any football club is down to results, results we arent getting often enough, we are in a serious downward spiral and IMO the only way out of this is new ownership with a clear blueprint for the success of the most important aspect of any club - the TEAM, easier said than done though. :brickwall

TrinityHibby
20-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Unfortunately previous Managers had a good track record and where are they now?
Not currently (Mis)managing hibs so frankly of no interest :confused:

SMAXXA
20-09-2014, 09:51 PM
I have to be honest as soon as I see things like this my first reaction is well **** off don't come back. If that makes me a bad person or a bad hibby then so be it. It's the easiest thing in the world to give up, well I won't and regardless how ***** we can be I will never be finished.j

scuttle
20-09-2014, 09:51 PM

But Ms Dempsterod said he was the outstanding candidate and she would not tell us porkies would she

Sir David Gray
20-09-2014, 10:12 PM
I would never be "finished" with Hibs but I can't make many games at the moment due to my current hours at work and I can honestly say that not being at a Hibs game on a Saturday afternoon is getting easier all the time.

I find that attitude really sad but there is nothing to be excited about right now.

snooky
20-09-2014, 10:28 PM

I once worked out a way how to cure my apathy but I just can't be ar$ed to do it.

Greencore
20-09-2014, 10:44 PM

Finished already, not even going to a cup final or "big games" thinking of just giving my season ticket to someone on gumtree for free. Hibs are done until investment is done and prices are lowered. Good luck to everyone going to games, I love you Hibs but I've had enough and I don't think anyone can blame me.

greenpaper55
20-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Sitting with Hibs fans in the boozer today at full time and it doesn't even matter or hurt anymore that we got beat, the club is in a downward spiral of smaller crowds, mortgage payments poor results smaller crowds mortgage payments and so on for many years. This cycle is impossible to change the way we are run where the only serious investment is in the buying of land and in bricks and mortar by that financial genius RP. If you think things are bad just you wait, we will be relegated to the level we deserve by next season.

Stranraer
20-09-2014, 11:14 PM
this might piss people off but I will never be done with Hibs, never "finished". The club put me through a lot of pressure and upset but I am still a Hibby and always will be. We could lose again next week and I'd be very angry and upset and continue to call for change but I love this club.

Where I'm from everyone supports either big English clubs or the old firm so I stand out and sure a few people have a laugh and to be honest as gutted as I am at the way things are going and have gone for too long, I am a Hibby and that will never change.

Gutted yet again by todays result but I will be back.

heretoday
20-09-2014, 11:21 PM
It's just a game at the end of the day.

Barrabus
20-09-2014, 11:51 PM
Finished already, not even going to a cup final or "big games" thinking of just giving my season ticket to someone on gumtree for free. Hibs are done until investment is done and prices are lowered. Good luck to everyone going to games, I love you Hibs but I've had enough and I don't think anyone can blame me.
My sentiments exactly - season ticket holder but won't be going to any more games. I'm that daft I'll buy a season ticket for next season (be it this league or the league below) but will not show face at Easter Road until............

gegs70
21-09-2014, 12:16 AM
Stubbs has a lot to do....I really want him to do well but we seem to have the same problems as last season...we leak goals and can't score...Hibs still need a clearcut.

Pete
21-09-2014, 01:21 AM
This sort of run and league position would be unacceptable in the top flight but this is the second division FFS. We should be steamrollering these teams like hearts are doing. They are up for a fight with the wee teams while we behave like utter pansies.

I don't blame anyone for not going back now. Give us a reason to come back..Some fight and results on the ****ing pitch.

Any man with any integrity would have walked by now. Just GTF Petrie and give this season a fighting chance as it will galvanise the support.

We're being strangled.

carnoustiehibee
21-09-2014, 02:34 AM
This sort of run and league position would be unacceptable in the top flight but this is the second division FFS. We should be steamrollering these teams like hearts are doing. They are up for a fight with the wee teams while we behave like utter pansies.

I don't blame anyone for not going back now. Give us a reason to come back..Some fight and results on the ****ing pitch.

Any man with any integrity would have walked by now. Just GTF Petrie and give this season a fighting chance as it will galvanise the support.

We're being strangled.

Finally you've seen the light. Only took you a season.

Pete
21-09-2014, 03:05 AM
Finally you've seen the light. Only took you a season.

It's been bubbling under the surface...and it's been some season(s).

Normal people with responsibility have the honour to fall on their sword, even if it isn't entirely their fault. I don't the mentality of the man at all.

This is bizarre and he has to go for the sake of the club. We need unity.

KiddA
21-09-2014, 05:07 AM

You hit the nail on the head with the 9 players in the squad that took us down. Any other club would punt all of them but hey its the Hibs way we are a utter shambles of a club right now

Baldy Foghorn
21-09-2014, 09:06 AM
Gutted and devastated at the way we have been run for years, and how far we have fallen, and are still falling.....

Finished? Never in my lifetime will I finish with Hibs, they are my team no matter what. However I will continue to be vociferous with my feelings towards that people at our Club, who have allowed us to get in this situation.....Watched the Director's box yesterday, 7 in there, 6 have been there throughout our malaise, only LD was exempt....

On a side note, why oh why is David Forsyth in Director's box every week? He is not a director of our club???

southsider
21-09-2014, 09:16 AM
Stubbs has a lot to do....I really want him to do well but we seem to have the same problems as last season...we leak goals and can't score...Hibs still need a clearcut.
I, with others at LWT, met Alan Stubbs at East Mains and he seems good lad with a positive attitude. However, it would appear out of his depth and needs help. An experienced D of F might be the answer but no budget for this but Alan is only head coach and not Football Club manager. Thoughts ?

Phil D. Rolls
21-09-2014, 09:28 AM

Enough is enough.

And then what? We're going round and round in circles.

Ronniekirk
21-09-2014, 09:39 AM
And then what? We're going round and round in circles.
Ever decreasing ones at that

WestStandMoaner
21-09-2014, 11:03 AM

The owners are to blame make no mistake about that, the reason we still have the crap from last season is the new manager did not get the budget to replace them. Also I am sick and tired of the protection Farmer and Petrie get on the net. Kano blew it, we had a start of a campaign to get Petrie out and the focused change to a buy out. Farmer and Petrie know their days are numbered and that is why they did not spend in the summer, why should we allow them to dictate the timeline of their departure, they should be chased out of the club before it is too late

TrinityHibby
21-09-2014, 12:34 PM
But Ms Dempsterod said he was the outstanding candidate and she would not tell us porkies would she
The outstanding candidate = only semi interesting / affordable one prepared to put his reputation on the line to kick start his managerial career. On a positive note Ms dempsterod confirmed it won't cost a lot to Sack him!

steviehibsleith
21-09-2014, 02:05 PM
You hit the nail on the head with the 9 players in the squad that took us down. Any other club would punt all of them but hey its the Hibs way we are a utter shambles of a club right now

Yes but Hanlon is the best defender at Hibs and Lewis is a good squad player who gives 100 percent !
Like very few who questioned are signings and got called a yam or a bed wetter guess what we couldn't defend last season and we can't now. WE NEEDED DEFENDERS and we got Gray but kept Hanlon Forster and Stevenson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
21-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Yes but Hanlon is the best defender at Hibs and Lewis is a good squad player who gives 100 percent !
Like very few who questioned are signings and got called a yam or a bed wetter guess what we couldn't defend last season and we can't now. WE NEEDED DEFENDERS and we got Gray but kept Hanlon Forster and Stevenson

We also got Fontaine, but he's that good he can't oust either Hanlon or Forster.

Hermit Crab
21-09-2014, 03:08 PM

The same 4 defenders that conceded two against the worst team in the league last week played yesterday. Stevenson should not be in the team nor should Forster. Dreading the trip to county on Tuesday. Lost last 7 league games. They will beat us. Every team ends their bad run against hibs.

Gerard
21-09-2014, 03:18 PM
I think the time has come for the Hibs family to stand up and be counted in the 'winds of change'. We need new board members at Hibs FC who will not accept our long losing streak and the mentality that it is acceptable to lose. Alan Stubbs and Ms Dempster need a chance to make our team successful. I have a season ticket this year and an unlimited pass for the cinema. I can see me using this pass more often in the short term:wink::greengrin

AlbertK86
21-09-2014, 04:37 PM
The same 4 defenders that conceded two against the worst team in the league last week played yesterday. Stevenson should not be in the team nor should Forster. Dreading the trip to county on Tuesday. Lost last 7 league games. They will beat us. Every team ends their bad run against hibs.

Why pick on Forster and Stevenson from last week. Hanlon was the biggest problem last week and at fault for both goals

Wasn't there yesterday but listened on forth 2 and Steve Cowan on several occasions was very critical of Hanlon

Have said for years that Hanlon and Stevenson ain't good enough and despite loads of stick from many on here I stand by my assessment

Both were in the team when we suffered our biggest ever humiliation and have been consistently part of the worst defence Hibs have had in decades.

Both regularly make glaring errors that cost us dearly many times every season but because they came through the youth system are defended to the hilt by many on here

Forster has potential but needs an experienced no nonsense leader beside him to bring him on.

Unfortunately due to our miserly board we have zero cover and can't take him out the limelight for a bit to rebuild his confidence

silverhibee
21-09-2014, 05:03 PM
I, with others at LWT, met Alan Stubbs at East Mains and he seems good lad with a positive attitude. However, it would appear out of his depth and needs help. An experienced D of F might be the answer but no budget for this but Alan is only head coach and not Football Club manager. Thoughts ?

Strangely enough we heard this from folk who attended East Mains when Terry Butcher joined the club, that worked out well :greengrin it's a results business and that's all that counts, doesn't matter if he is the greatest guy in the world, if he isn't getting the 3 points from games then he will be out the door like the rest of the managers that have been through the revolving door at ER.

steviehibsleith
21-09-2014, 05:16 PM
We also got Fontaine, but he's that good he can't oust either Hanlon or Forster.
Sorry for that omission due to his contribution thus far to the cause I forgot him.

Crops73
21-09-2014, 05:19 PM

Hibs are rank rotten, we'll stop going but Shhhh you know who (RP) will just keep on in there.

Gutted and ashamed.

SkintHibby
21-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Its that bad even Jambos I know dont slag me anymore lol!

JimBHibees
21-09-2014, 08:55 PM

He should play the next game don't really care if for Forster or Hanlon.

Steviethebear
21-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Why sign a player (Fontaine), give him a few games then parked on the bench, can we presume AS now doesn't rate him but he signed him, confused?

flash
21-09-2014, 09:12 PM
If Sparky is coming back I will keep going just to see him.

Jim44
21-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Its that bad even Jambos I know dont slag me anymore lol!

We have become almost an embarrassment to them. It's not that long since we were sort of serious rivals and given some acknowledgement as such. Now we have sunk so low that we are off their radar for the foreseeable future. A few patronising platitudes is all I hear from the Jambos I know. It's completely demoralising.

majorhibs
21-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Hibs are rank rotten, we'll stop going but Shhhh you know who (RP) will just keep on in there.

Gutted and ashamed.

Probably the only club in the world where this could happen. How can we just not get rid of this clown? If it was somewhere like Italy he was devastating a local club, they would be out in the streets. How is this buffoon Petrie,who does not care about, or know about, Football,, still in charge. I guess Newcastle are going through something similar just now, but they have not been relegated, and are not in the lower echelons of the league they've just been relegated to. Hibs are very very sick and the only cure is the removal of the toxic RP. As fast as possible.

Swedish hibee
21-09-2014, 09:27 PM

Tut Tut :tsk tsk:

Never give up on Hibs- you'd have never met me otherwise!

emerald green
22-09-2014, 11:33 AM
We have become almost an embarrassment to them. It's not that long since we were sort of serious rivals and given some acknowledgement as such. Now we have sunk so low that we are off their radar for the foreseeable future. A few patronising platitudes is all I hear from the Jambos I know. It's completely demoralising.

That, to me, is far worse than them coming out and telling me straight to my face that they think Hibs are s****.

neil7908
22-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Unfortunately I'm the same, at least in the short term I cant see myself at ER very often.

The play off game just really took it out of me. I made a vow to myself not to go back until I felt the club actually cared and this was reflected in the team on the pitch. Prices being kept the same was another huge blow. With Dempster coming in I began to hope again but decided to give it a few games this season and nothing seems to have changed.

I'm saving for a house, car, wedding, holidays etc at the moment and cant justify spending £22 to watch Hibs any more. In fact I ended up paying £44 a few times last year as the only way I could get someone to come along with me was to pay for their ticket.

To be honest though I've been saving for those things for a few years now but always managed to get to the majority of home games, even if I didn't have a season ticket. Something just broke in me after the play offs in a way that didn't happen after the last relegation, Malmo, cup final vs Hertz etc.

I realised on Saturday that it was the first weekend I can ever remember where I didn't know who we were playing. To be fair I was at a wedding but years gone by I would have been sneaking off to check the score on my phone. I got back late yesterday afternoon and just remembered we had a game on then. I hate saying that but my dad who has supported and attended games longer than I have been alive hasn't been for 2 years now and isn't interested in going back either. Ditto my brother.

Massive credit to those turning up week in, week out but I just feel drained and dejected everytime I watch Hibs now and I can't keep spending that kind of money on something that I dont enjoy.

Wotherspiniesta
29-09-2014, 08:45 PM
9 days is a lifetime in football.

Have me back Hibs, I ****ing love ye man.

Hibernia&Alba
29-09-2014, 08:47 PM

Welcome back, mate :-D

mca
29-09-2014, 08:51 PM
The Joys of being a Hibby.. :greengrin

greenlex
29-09-2014, 11:01 PM

Love it!

Bill Milne
30-09-2014, 09:25 AM
How many on this thread have, suddenly, rediscovered their faith in the team after Dingwall and Castle Greyskull?

J-C
30-09-2014, 09:29 AM
I was all ready to chuck it for the rest of the season but the fact he's finally seen sense and went with a back 3 which makes us a more solid team, it also allows us to play 2 up top, the team look confident playing in this system, can't wait for the next game now.

Big Frank
30-09-2014, 09:36 AM

Quality young man :aok:

Keith_M
30-09-2014, 09:40 AM

You can't get in if you're wearing a Tie*

* You might hang yourself

bigwheel
30-09-2014, 09:40 AM

Fair play to you man.....we all go through those emotions....

jacomo
30-09-2014, 02:56 PM
How many on this thread have, suddenly, rediscovered their faith in the team after Dingwall and Castle Greyskull?

Dunno, but after a first dry night in ages their mammies will be pleased. :wink: