PDA

View Full Version : Stanton Branch, well done!

monktonharp
20-09-2014, 12:55 AM
just back from this evening's tribute to Paddy Stanton hosted in the Hibernian Supporters Club. It was organised, to celebrate King Paddy's 70th birthday and although I am not a member of the "STANTON" branch, full marks to them. 2 of us were invited to represent our branch (Milton Mowbray) which we could not refuse so thanks very much to Jackie Telford, and big Jim and Frank Dougan etc that made the night a veritable success. we were allowed the privilege of presenting the great man with a Quaich, on behalf our members and the "this is your life" part of the evening ,compared by Grant Stott added to the occasion. great to be in the presence of the great man, my all time favourite Hibs player. some great Hibernian men in attendance, John Farmer, Alex Cropley , Kano etc.

Stantons Angel
20-09-2014, 08:30 AM
I must wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments.

Stanton branch should be PROUD of themselves for the tribute they put on for the man they call"GOD" he was overwhelmed with the homage paid to him.

A quiet man with much dignity and always the gentleman. He and his family were shown just how much he means to Hibs and their supporters.

He is a living legend and someone it would do the younger footballers good to look up too.

Id written a short poem expressing just how a Hibs supporter seen this " wee lad fae Niddry" and was mortified beyond belief when Grant Stott read it out to

the packed hall. I got a wee kiss and a cuddle from Pat, so it was worth the embarrassment!!

A special word for Jackie Telford of the Stanton Branch, you smashed it pal!! a very very well done from Carlton Branch!!xx

Boris
21-09-2014, 02:02 PM
just back from this evening's tribute to Paddy Stanton hosted in the Hibernian Supporters Club. It was organised, to celebrate King Paddy's 70th birthday and although I am not a member of the "STANTON" branch, full marks to them. 2 of us were invited to represent our branch (Milton Mowbray) which we could not refuse so thanks very much to Jackie Telford, and big Jim and Frank Dougan etc that made the night a veritable success. we were allowed the privilege of presenting the great man with a Quaich, on behalf our members and the "this is your life" part of the evening ,compared by Grant Stott added to the occasion. great to be in the presence of the great man, my all time favourite Hibs player. some great Hibernian men in attendance, John Farmer, Alex Cropley , Kano etc.

Glad you enjoyed the night. Quite a few branches represented - invites were issued to all 17 member branches of the Association. Number of folk worked hard on the arrangements but none harder than Branch Secretary Jackie Telford who has had more than a few sleepless nights in the build up but all her planning (& bullying!) & hard work paid off. Grant Stott was as ever superb with the This is Your Life part & Simon Pia stepped up on that part too. Last but not least a children's charity dear to Pat's heart benefited from £580 generously donated by the attendees via an envelope/raffle draw.

Boris
21-09-2014, 02:05 PM
I must wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments.

Id written a short poem expressing just how a Hibs supporter seen this " wee lad fae Niddry" and was mortified beyond belief when Grant Stott read it out to

You'll never go to heaven Mrs C - you were offering all sorts of bribes to get it read out.......... If you hadn't of been wearing a MAROON dress we might have let you read it out yourself :greengrin