PDA

View Full Version : Golf Day Cancelled

cocopops1875
18-09-2014, 10:13 PM
Did this not happen to ladies day too ? Shambles

Jonnyboy
18-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Did this not happen to ladies day too ? Shambles

Where did you hear this and what reasons were given?

cocopops1875
18-09-2014, 10:18 PM
Footballing Reasons Johnnyboy, and via Email

cocopops1875
18-09-2014, 10:18 PM
Dear All,

It is with great regret that we have today been informed the golf day will now not take place on 25th September due to football reasons, unfortunately this is out of our control as the football, quite rightly so, will always take priority and the players will now not be available.

In order to offer some compensation we would offer fully inclusive hospitality for 4 people at the Raith Rovers with a value of £400 or we will of course offer a full refund.

We will plan to reschedule in spring once we know how the season is taking shape and have dates that will be free.

Apologies for any inconvenience and disappointment.

Warm Regards

Martin

dp00
18-09-2014, 10:22 PM
Bad patter... Surely the players can fit a wee round of golf into there schedule

I'm guessing the interest ain't been as high as they thought or the loss of Russell Smith and his connections is already having a major impact on the commercial side of the business

Jonnyboy
18-09-2014, 10:23 PM
Footballing Reasons Johnnyboy, and via Email

:aok: Seems to have been out of their hands mind :agree:

cocopops1875
18-09-2014, 10:34 PM
:aok: Seems to have been out of their hands mind :agree:

In what way JB ? I'm very much a happy clapper so rarely am I overly critical of Hibs, But what has changed less than a week till tee off ? As its an event that would appeal to a more corporate clientele is a weeks notice fair or reasonable. I have to say I'm pretty annoyed about the whole thing (maybe im being a spoiled child about it) it feels like we have a history of this kinda thing and I'm inclined to agree that it sounds like lack of interest has forced this
Edit they were trying to sell places 2 days ago

Billy Whizz
18-09-2014, 10:37 PM
I'm presuming that the long away trip to Dingwall 2 days before it was the clincher. Players home very late on the Tuesday/Wednesday, and need to prepare for the game against Rangers on the Monday. May have been about numbers as well, but football comes first

Jonnyboy
18-09-2014, 10:42 PM
In what way JB ? I'm very much a happy clapper so rarely am I overly critical of Hibs, But what has changed less than a week till tee off ? As its an event that would appeal to a more corporate clientele is a weeks notice fair or reasonable. I have to say I'm pretty annoyed about the whole thing (maybe im being a spoiled child about it) it feels like we have a history of this kinda thing and I'm inclined to agree that it sounds like lack of interest has forced this
Edit they were trying to sell places 2 days ago

I'm with you in that the cancellation is very late but I'm guessing AS has put his foot down what with important games either side of the 25th. You have every right to be annoyed though :agree:

cocopops1875
18-09-2014, 10:44 PM
I'm presuming that the long away trip to Dingwall 2 days before it was the clincher. Players home very late on the Tuesday/Wednesday, and need to prepare for the game against Rangers on the Monday. May have been about numbers as well, but football comes first
I don't dispute that football has to come first Billy, just saying I'm sure these things could have been sorted out sooner, We have arranged a day off for all 3 staff (we are Heaving at the moment but wanted to support the club while having a well earned wee team build) now we are in a position that we will have to try and fill a day that we don't need off now. Not Ideal

Billy Whizz
18-09-2014, 11:09 PM
I don't dispute that football has to come first Billy, just saying I'm sure these things could have been sorted out sooner, We have arranged a day off for all 3 staff (we are Heaving at the moment but wanted to support the club while having a well earned wee team build) now we are in a position that we will have to try and fill a day that we don't need off now. Not Ideal

I understand and respect your disappointment and frustration.
Should never have been organised during a week when we have a midweek game

NadeAteMyLunch!
18-09-2014, 11:25 PM
I got another email just yesterday offering places still

Weststandwanab
19-09-2014, 05:30 AM
Bad patter... Surely the players can fit a wee round of golf into there schedule

I'm guessing the interest ain't been as high as they thought or the loss of Russell Smith and his connections is already having a major impact on the commercial side of the business

Sadly I think this is spot on.

Iceman1875
19-09-2014, 06:21 AM
Hibs in the community? Completely lacking credibility. What a decision with six days to go.

At Easter Road we play...

H18sry
19-09-2014, 07:01 AM
We had a team entered as well and the silence coming from ER on the event was deafening,we spoke of our concerns on Wednesday, and had said then that we thought it would get cancelled, I don't for one believe it is for footballing reasons, as we knew about the dates of both these games when it was first arranged, l think it will have been cancelled due to lack of interest.

cocopops1875
19-09-2014, 07:27 AM
We had a team entered as well and the silence coming from ER on the event was deafening,we spoke of our concerns on Wednesday, and had said then that we thought it would get cancelled, I don't for one believe it is for footballing reasons, as we knew about the dates of both these games when it was first arranged, l think it will have been cancelled due to lack of interest.
Which is what bothers me the most Ronnie, New Open approachable Hibs just peddling Lies to the fans. Gutted I'm not gonna witness your genius with a 7 wood 😃

H18sry
19-09-2014, 07:37 AM
Which is what bothers me the most Ronnie, New Open approachable Hibs just peddling Lies to the fans. Gutted I'm not gonna witness your genius with a 7 wood 
:thumbsup:

Weststandwanab
19-09-2014, 08:09 AM

I think you are 100% correct.

However, assuming you are correct why is there a lack of interest ?

Is it because the cost is too high - where does the money go ? - or is it a lack of interest in Hibernian ?

Scouse Hibee
19-09-2014, 09:49 AM
Stubbs on the radio this morning making a big deal about proper recovery time in between games so maybe it is about football.

jdships
19-09-2014, 10:16 AM
GRIN
How many posters would have blamed the golf outing as a reason for us loosing the game v Rangers ?
" Players should be traing seriously not larking about" comes to mind
Club in a lose/lose situation methinks

:greengrin:wink:

Keith_M
19-09-2014, 10:27 AM
GRIN
How many posters would have blamed the golf outing as a reason for us loosing the game v Rangers ?
" Players should be traing seriously not larking about" comes to mind
Club in a lose/lose situation methinks

:greengrin:wink:

So why bother organising such an event if it's so counter-productive?

cocopops1875
19-09-2014, 10:43 AM
I think you are 100% correct.

However, assuming you are correct why is there a lack of interest ?

Is it because the cost is too high - where does the money go ? - or is it a lack of interest in Hibernian ?
I felt the cost was Fair for what was on offer in my opinion

Salisbury Hibby
19-09-2014, 12:19 PM
Why not do it in the close season?

JimBHibees
19-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Why not do it in the close season?

Or one of the International breaks

Salisbury Hibby
19-09-2014, 01:24 PM
Too sensible.

Baldy Foghorn
19-09-2014, 06:54 PM
Was this not scheduled well before we knew we were travelling on Tuesday to Dingwall. Not ideal for the people who booked, but I can see why it has been cancelled. Travelling/recovery time more important