Jonnyboy
18-09-2014, 10:11 PM
This lot should be kicked out of the competition :furious:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29263340

shagpile
18-09-2014, 10:20 PM

Countries from that neck of the woods seem to quite a bit behind the times. Hunnish.

Bostonhibby
18-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Vile throwbacks, if they get to stay in the tournament I hope Spurs give them a right doing at White Hart Lane. Over to you authorities but not expecting much, a meaningless money fine probably.

Gus
18-09-2014, 10:28 PM
They should be chucked out, a fine is nothing.

Pretty Boy
18-09-2014, 10:29 PM
£15000 fine and a warning. NAP.

frazeHFC
18-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Will be a very fiesty affair at the return match, both on and off the pitch I reckon. Shocking stuff in this day and age.

hibee92
18-09-2014, 11:30 PM
Banned from all European competitions for 5 years and a huge fine. No tolerance and it simply won't happen.

Hermit Crab
18-09-2014, 11:41 PM
You think that's bad? You see the tweets to Andy Murray earlier?? One boy tweeted him saying he wished he'd been killed in the Dunblane shootings!! All because he was backing the yes vote. Horrible stuff.

NOLA
18-09-2014, 11:44 PM
isnt that just a bit of banter, spurs are known as a jew club, their hoolies go by the name of the yid army if im not mistaken :dunno:

marinello59
18-09-2014, 11:45 PM
You think that's bad? You see the tweets to Andy Murray earlier?? One boy tweeted him saying he wished he'd been killed in the Dunblane shootings!! All because he was backing the yes vote. Horrible stuff.

One being the key word here. A lone bampot who everybody has disowned.

nonshinyfinish
19-09-2014, 12:14 AM
isnt that just a bit of banter, spurs are known as a jew club, their hoolies go by the name of the yid army if im not mistaken :dunno:

I believe it's the fans at large who go by Yid Army, not just hooligans, but regardless, there's a huge difference between a group reclaiming a term of abuse that's been chucked at them and other people using it as a pejorative.

Hermit Crab
19-09-2014, 12:35 AM
One being the key word here. A lone bampot who everybody has disowned.

There was more than one on Facebook but I can't find them now.

Baader
19-09-2014, 12:38 AM
Kick them out.

marinello59
19-09-2014, 12:40 AM
There was more than one on Facebook but I can't find them now.

Any tweets of that nature are disgusting. That flag was disgusting . I'm struggling to understand what you are trying to say with your "if you think that's disgusting" comment.

HIBERNIAN-0762
19-09-2014, 08:03 AM
Nothing new here, Serbian football teams well known for Nazi sympathies and FIFA never really do anything about it, had this been a British team they would be falling over themselves to punish us.

CRAZYHIBBY
19-09-2014, 08:16 AM
They should be ignored

Onion
19-09-2014, 08:29 AM
Questions should be asked of the police/stewards. Why was it allowed to be displayed and the owners not ejected or banned ? If nothing was done, UEFA should assume that Partisan Belgrade themselves supported the statement. If so, chuck em out and ban them from European competition for 5 years. Simples. Also, PB should be making every public effort to distance themselves from it. No place for this in sport.

emerald green
19-09-2014, 08:45 AM
"Fans" from that part of the world have previous for this sort of stuff if I recall correctly?

Imagine a banner like that at ER!

worcesterhibby
19-09-2014, 08:48 AM
kind of odd that they used the "Only Fools and Horses" logo. very odd cultural reference..don't remember any reference to Del and Rodney being jewish :confused::confused:

bigwheel
19-09-2014, 08:48 AM

No it's not "just banter" ...it's sectarian and bigoted....would you same the same if it was commenting on race? And while we are at it, whilst they have a proud Jewish heritage and connection, they are not "a jew club" as you clumsily reference...it's an outrageous banner.

Keith_M
19-09-2014, 08:51 AM
I'd be amazed if UEFA do much about this, other than the usual platitudes.

I'd be surprised f they even got a fine in line with what St Johnstone got for someone taking a Palestinian Flag to a game.

Ricky Bobby
19-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Politics is increasingly creeping onto the terraces around the world, there is no place for it in sport and a zero tolerance approach is required. I know one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter and there are grey areas with these things. Sport should be kept apart from political views.

iwasthere1972
19-09-2014, 04:31 PM

That is absolutely disgusting. What are these nutters on?

Bristolhibby
19-09-2014, 05:03 PM
****bags of the highest order.

Most of the people I met last year in Belgrade with Scotland were brand new.

There was a nutter we ended up drinking with in one bar (a Bosnian Serb), he was far out in his views, very interested in the Catholic v Protestant thing. I explained I'm an atheist and made my excuses signalled to my Dad and left.

Definitely wouldn't go there for a club game as Partisan and Red Star seem like nutters.

J

silverhibee
19-09-2014, 05:14 PM
They should be ignored

Who

Macaroon
19-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Politics is increasingly creeping onto the terraces around the world, there is no place for it in sport and a zero tolerance approach is required. I know one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter and there are grey areas with these things. Sport should be kept apart from political views.

Missing the mark here. Its been part of the sport for decades and decades. Look at the situation Ajax and other dutch clubs found themselves in during the Holocaust and the subsequent labels they were branded with. Political and racial issues have long been synonymous with the ugly side of football. People are quite unaware sometimes of some of the things that football has been wrapped up in, and much worse than a banner (although sick) at a game.

The Pointer
19-09-2014, 10:20 PM
One word, the religion of many of the Spurs fans. It's football, it's insulting, get over it. There was worse in the 70s.

Sir David Gray
19-09-2014, 10:23 PM
kind of odd that they used the "Only Fools and Horses" logo. very odd cultural reference..don't remember any reference to Del and Rodney being jewish :confused::confused:

Maybe because OFAH was set in London and Tottenham's a London club? :dunno:

Pete
19-09-2014, 10:38 PM
The term Jew is actually used as an insult over in some parts of Eastern Europe and it's common to have two sets of fans using anti Semitic language and banners against each other.

I don't know wether neo-fascism/nazisim has embedded itself in the game over there to such an extent that fines or bans will do nothing.

For what it's worth, partizan are the relatively moderate club in Belgrade. Red stars history (even up until fairly recently) is chequered to say the very least.

Sir David Gray
19-09-2014, 11:17 PM

I'm genuinely shocked that anyone could think it's acceptable to respond to someone putting forward a legitimate point of view by stating that they wished that they had died during one of the worst atrocities that this country has ever experienced. It is something which has clearly had a profound effect on Andy Murray's life and, even now, it is something which he struggles to talk about in public almost 20 years on.

I really hope that the person responsible for this despicable message is found and is dealt with as severely as possible.

Colr
20-09-2014, 05:36 AM

I hope they are banned from bringing any support back to the Lane. There could be trouble, anyway.

I usually go to the Tottenham Europa matches with my wee Laddie but I might avoid that one. Maybe the Turkisj lot as well.

Keith_M
20-09-2014, 08:01 AM

But this is nothing to do with either Politics or Terrorists/Freedom Fighters.

This is Bigotry, pure and simple.