PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Hartley rejects Cardiff move.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-09-2014, 11:02 AM
Good to see him staying at Dundee.

MSK
18-09-2014, 11:04 AM
Good to see him staying at Dundee.Why is it good to see him stay at Dundee ..?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-09-2014, 11:05 AM
Why is it good to see him stay at Dundee ..?

Because he has them doing well and he didn't give in to the money dowm south...

Thecat23
18-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Why is it good to see him stay at Dundee ..?

Because he knows he'll have time to build a team and also build his profile as a good manager than going to Cardiff working under a madman and no doubt be sacked. Also to turn down that money to actually work on building his team is to be admired whether folk like the guy or not.

I say well done too.

DC_Hibs
18-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Shock horror, Riccarton 3 member rejects Vincent Tan.

MSK
18-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Because he knows he'll have time to build a team and also build his profile as a good manager than going to Cardiff working under a madman and no doubt be sacked. Also to turn down that money to actually work on building his team is to be admired whether folk like the guy or not.

I say well done too.To be honest Im more surprised that Cardiff actually wanted Hartley ..he has done nothing of note, particularly to take on a gig the size of Cardiff ....mind you ..you did say a mad man was in charge of Cardiff ..Hartley has at least got some experience of working for someone like that .. :agree:

Keith_M
18-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Sensible decision in the long run.

He seems to be doing well in management and could learn more while at Dundee before comitting himself to a big move.

Also, I'm not sure Cardiff if the best place to go.

jacomo
18-09-2014, 11:40 AM
I think he's holding out for the Hibs job.

alloahibby
18-09-2014, 11:48 AM
To be honest Im more surprised that Cardiff actually wanted Hartley ..he has done nothing of note, particularly to take on a gig the size of Cardiff ....mind you ..you did say a mad man was in charge of Cardiff ..Hartley has at least got some experience of working for someone like that .. :agree:

Three promotions in three years....short of winning a cup there wasn't a great deal more he could have done

He will get plenty of opportunity at more stable Championship clubs

Stewboy
18-09-2014, 11:57 AM
Fair play to him, doing a good job at Dundee.

Also with 3 of the 'traditional' SPL sides out the league a good chance to guide Dundee to a high league position which will enhance CV even more

Winston Ingram
18-09-2014, 12:10 PM
Because he has them doing well and he didn't give in to the money dowm south...

Why's that good?:confused:

3pm
18-09-2014, 12:15 PM
Regardless of what the reports say, I'll be amazed if he was actually offered it.

I could see him having been 'sounded out' but not actually offered the job.

hibs4thecup1988
18-09-2014, 12:16 PM

For Scottish football its great.

lord bunberry
18-09-2014, 12:25 PM
Taking the Cardiff job would do his career more harm than good while that nutter Tan is in charge

GoldenMeerkat
18-09-2014, 12:39 PM
The Cardiff and Leeds job both look like a bit of a poisoned chalice to prospective managers.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-09-2014, 12:57 PM

It's good fot Scottish Football? :confused:

alloahibby
18-09-2014, 01:05 PM
The Cardiff and Leeds job both look like a bit of a poisoned chalice to prospective managers.

Nearly as bad as Blackpool

darwenhibby
18-09-2014, 01:06 PM

The Hibs job in Scotland the same at the moment!!:boo hoo:

GoldenMeerkat
18-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Nearly as bad as Blackpool

Yep, that too. :agree:

darwenhibby
18-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Yep, that too. :agree:
Poor Gary he gets the blame for everything on here!!

heretoday
18-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Hartley! Come back to Easter Road! :duck:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
18-09-2014, 01:22 PM

And the Hibs job.... :greengrin

DH1875
18-09-2014, 01:38 PM
I'm more surprised that Cardiff wanted him as manager :confused:

andrew70
18-09-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm more surprised that Cardiff wanted him as manager :confused:

Why? He is an absolutely outstanding coach who will go very far in the game. A modern day manager with the values and the work ethic to boot. Hartley despite being a person I loved to hate whilst with them, is a born winner.

Crazyhorse
18-09-2014, 03:38 PM
I think he's holding out for the Hibs job.

:top marks

Pretty Boy
18-09-2014, 04:22 PM
I don't really mind Hartley. The kind of player I loved to hate when he lined up against us but he always took the banter quite well iirc.

Seems to be a promising young manager and reckon he has made the right choice resisting whatever moves Cardiff have made.

nellio
18-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Cardiff fan here. Tan is a lunatic so no surprised he's turned us down. Cardiff fans back home are relieved because he's a no-body south of the border. Personally I would have given him a chance but why we aren't begging Tony Pulis to manage us I do not know. Premiership manager of the year, who's Welsh and supported Cardiff as a boy is available but instead were talking to Paul Hartley?? Incredible , tan has ruined our club.

.Sean.
18-09-2014, 04:41 PM
I don't really mind Hartley. The kind of player I loved to hate when he lined up against us but he always took the banter quite well iirc.

Seems to be a promising young manager and reckon he has made the right choice resisting whatever moves Cardiff have made.
:agree:

NAE NOOKIE
18-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Cardiff fan here. Tan is a lunatic so no surprised he's turned us down. Cardiff fans back home are relieved because he's a no-body south of the border. Personally I would have given him a chance but why we aren't begging Tony Pulis to manage us I do not know. Premiership manager of the year, who's Welsh and supported Cardiff as a boy is available but instead were talking to Paul Hartley?? Incredible , tan has ruined our club.

Ach .... every manager is a nobody until they start climbing up the experience ladder. Its got to be said Hartley is looking promising but at the moment a job like Cardiff would be too soon for him .. he would have to do something with Dundee first, but after that a job like Cardiff could certainly be a stepping stone to a big club.

nellio
18-09-2014, 09:00 PM
Ach .... every manager is a nobody until they start climbing up the experience ladder. Its got to be said Hartley is looking promising but at the moment a job like Cardiff would be too soon for him .. he would have to do something with Dundee first, but after that a job like Cardiff could certainly be a stepping stone to a big club.

A good point pal. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Haymaker
19-09-2014, 01:42 AM

Pulis left palace after arguments over control. Why would he go work for Tan?

nellio
19-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Pulis left palace after arguments over control. Why would he go work for Tan?

A fair point but apparently he has said he would be intrested in talking to the Club. Tan doesnt want him because he was manager when palace knew our team before the game last year. Tan does what he wants, and says he will make to appointment himself this time after leaving the chairman to pick Ole last time. Essentially we could end up with anyone if any kind of arrangement as long as Tan has control over things.