PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: DUMBARTON FIXTURE DATE UPDATE

DarrenSQH
16-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Anyone heard anything about this being moved so it doesnt clash with the Scotland game v Georgia.

I have tried to tweet the club but no reply.

Got tickets for both and i dont want to have to miss either game.

DC_Hibs
16-09-2014, 12:10 PM
Anyone heard anything about this being moved so it doesnt clash with the Scotland game v Georgia.

Aye, Rod telt in BTG on sat that DFC had rejected offer to play the Fri night so will stay the Sat.

DarrenSQH
16-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Aye, Rod telt in BTG on sat that DFC had rejected offer to play the Fri night so will stay the Sat.

Nightmare. Dumbarton clearly want there to be a smaller crowd at ER.

Thwy can bolt if they think i will give them 20 quid to watch us play down there then.

DC_Hibs
16-09-2014, 12:12 PM

Dempo replied to someone confirming the same.

Bounce thread has info.

SteveHFC
16-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Do i go and watch Hibs play Dumbarton at home or go to the pub to watch the Scotland game? :greengrin

silverhibee
16-09-2014, 12:16 PM

You can't blame Dumbarton for this, they have guys who work through the day so night games for them are tough going for them, i heard that when they played us a couple of there players didn't arrive at ER until 7 o'clock that night as they had to work that day then travel straight to ER for the game.

DarrenSQH
16-09-2014, 12:17 PM
You can't blame Dumbarton for this, they have guys who work through the day so night games for them are tough going for them, i heard that when they played us a couple of there players didn't arrive at ER until 7 o'clock that night as they had to work that day then travel straight to ER for the game.

sunday could have been used?

DC_Hibs
16-09-2014, 12:18 PM
You can't blame Dumbarton for this

I don't.

Rgds

JimBHibees
16-09-2014, 12:31 PM

Agree with that however with the Scotland game kicking off at 5 is there not scope to move the Dumbarton kick off to say 2pm?

cabbageandribs1875
16-09-2014, 12:33 PM

and then very nearly pulled of a result as well, luckily they didn't have time to prepare properly for the game :agree:

Billy Whizz
16-09-2014, 12:35 PM
I was really wanting to go to both games, will just be ER now by the looks if it

silverhibee
16-09-2014, 01:18 PM
I don't.

Rgds

:aok:

silverhibee
16-09-2014, 01:29 PM
Agree with that however with the Scotland game kicking off at 5 is there not scope to move the Dumbarton kick off to say 2pm?

I suppose that would be the obvious thing to do, but there is no chance Dumbarton will agree to a Friday night or Sunday KO time.

JimBHibees
16-09-2014, 01:33 PM
I suppose that would be the obvious thing to do, but there is no chance Dumbarton will agree to a Friday night or Sunday KO time.

Yep and why should they.

silverhibee
16-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Yep and why should they.

I suppose the question will be for fans is, " who comes first, club or country" easy choice for me.

GGTTH :flag:

DarrenSQH
16-09-2014, 02:06 PM
I suppose the question will be for fans is, " who comes first, club or country" easy choice for me.

GGTTH :flag:

Not really that simple. I would normally watch Hibs but organised a whole day out with my friends and paid £45 a ticket for Scotland Georgia.

Just another example of football fans being treated like Mugs.

Ringothedog
16-09-2014, 03:12 PM

How about a 7.30 KO on the SAturday night.

Billy Whizz
16-09-2014, 03:26 PM

Fans still wouldn't be able to go to both games

SteveHFC
16-09-2014, 03:27 PM
12.30 ko?

PatHead
16-09-2014, 03:30 PM

or 12 noon?

Keith_M
16-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Not really that simple. I would normally watch Hibs but organised a whole day out with my friends and paid £45 a ticket for Scotland Georgia.

Just another example of football fans being treated like Mugs.

I'm not meaning to be cheeky but surely you knew the dates clashed when you bought the tickets?

:dunno:

DarrenSQH
16-09-2014, 03:35 PM
I'm not meaning to be cheeky but surely you knew the dates clashed when you bought the tickets?

:dunno:

I didnt even check really. I just presumed that Hibs games are never on international weekends. Im not used to being a diddy club yet.

I blame Petrie/Butcher for that though.

Keith_M
16-09-2014, 03:36 PM
I didnt even check really. I just presumed that Hibs games are never on international weekends. Im not used to being a diddy club yet.

I blame Petrie/Butcher for that though.

Fair enough

:wink:

Hibstrooper
16-09-2014, 04:10 PM
The most frustrating thing is this is the only Saturday afternoon kick off in the whole of this Scotland campaign, so the only real chance of a good bevvy with mates.

If the Hibs game doesn't get shifted then it'll prob be Easter Road then a mad dash up town to meet up with mates (prob missing most of the first half) for me

3pm
16-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Hibees! Hibees! Hibees!

.Sean.
16-09-2014, 05:28 PM
I was really wanting to go to both games, will just be ER now by the looks if it
:agree:

Got out tickets for both, hadn't realised they clashed until now. Scotland games are only a day out for me, couldn't really care less about the score.

Club over country EVERY day of the week.

Iceman1875
16-09-2014, 05:51 PM
It's also a Hjbs kids game.....

At Easter Road we play...

MSK
16-09-2014, 06:15 PM

GGTTH :flag:Hibs every time ...:agree:

Canongatehibs
16-09-2014, 06:31 PM
Do i go and watch Hibs play Dumbarton at home or go to the pub to watch the Scotland game? :greengrin

Surely Hibernian over national team any day.

RSS Bot
17-09-2014, 10:30 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4806)

Hiber-nation
17-09-2014, 10:31 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4806

Now confirmed that it stays as a 3pm kick off on the Saturday. Wonder why Hibs didn't try for an early k.o? Or Sunday?

Thecat23
17-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Good!

JimBHibees
17-09-2014, 10:38 AM
Fair enough keeping the Saturday however I think it should have been moved to 2 allowing fans to then watch the Scotland game.

Pretty poor IMO.

silverhibee
17-09-2014, 10:39 AM
3 pm is fine for me.

Craig_HFC
17-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Fair enough keeping the Saturday however I think it should have been moved to 2 allowing fans to then watch the Scotland game.

Pretty poor IMO.

Did you even read the statement?

:confused:

JimBHibees
17-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Did you even read the statement?

:confused:

Yes, did you? It states Hibs asked for the game to be changed to the Friday not that any request was made for an earlier kick off.

BigKev
17-09-2014, 10:46 AM
That's rubbish if you follow Scotland and Hibs. Why is there even any games being played on an international weekend. Shocking disregard for fans... Again.

If the Premiership can handle a 38 game season with international breaks surely the lower leagues can given they only play 36.

silverhibee
17-09-2014, 10:51 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4806

Now confirmed that it stays as a 3pm kick off on the Saturday. Wonder why Hibs didn't try for an early k.o? Or Sunday?

Dumbarton want a 3 pm KO.

Keith_M
17-09-2014, 10:51 AM
If they'd changed the time instead to 1pm, surely that would have allowed people to attend both games?

I actually agree with Dumbarton on this, as their players are part-time and means a lot of them would be working on the Friday.

Diclonius
17-09-2014, 10:54 AM
That's rubbish if you follow Scotland and Hibs. Why is there even any games being played on an international weekend. Shocking disregard for fans... Again.

If the Premiership can handle a 38 game season with international breaks surely the lower leagues can given they only play 36.

International breaks are to allow teams with international players to take the week off. You're not likely to find many of them in the Scottish Championship.

Its our own fault for getting relegated.

TowerHibs
17-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Having paid £43 for my Scotland ticket, I know where I'll be

LancashireHibby
17-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Suits me, can book my train tickets now :thumbsup:

silverhibee
17-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Having paid £43 for my Scotland ticket, I know where I'll be

ER :greengrin

silverhibee
17-09-2014, 11:14 AM

That's what happens when we get relegated, it's always been the case that the lower league teams play when international football is on.

Leith_Hibee
17-09-2014, 11:18 AM
That's what happens when we get relegated, it's always been the case that the lower league teams play when international football is on.

Pretty poor that in this day and age the two clubs could not compromise. Moving the game to Friday is unfair on Dumbarton due to being part time, but a compromise of 1pm on the Saturday would have been a decent solution. I have a season ticket for both Hibs and Scotland and will now have a decision to make. I'm leaning towards going to the Scotland game.

The_Exile
17-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Why not move it to the Sunday? Unless half the Dumbarton team work a Sunday, surely that would've been the best proposal?

Craig_HFC
17-09-2014, 11:25 AM
Yes, did you? It states Hibs asked for the game to be changed to the Friday not that any request was made for an earlier kick off.

It also states 'after Hibernian sought further consultation with the SPFL on the matter' so it looks as though it's been totally KB'd.

I do agree that an earlier KO on the Saturday would make sense but then we'd all be moaning about the lack of Saturday 3PM kick offs. :wink:

silverhibee
17-09-2014, 11:25 AM
If they'd changed the time instead to 1pm, surely that would have allowed people to attend both games?

I actually agree with Dumbarton on this, as their players are part-time and means a lot of them would be working on the Friday.

Dumbarton have a postie in there team, maybe a early KO doesn't suit them for that reason.

Ian Murray will not want to do any favours that will help Hibs on the day, he can only look out for his team and it seems he thinks a 3pm KO is the best for his team, we wanted 3 pm kick off's and now folk are moaning because Scotland are playing the same day, we could blame the players who got us relegated on the day.

IanM
17-09-2014, 11:27 AM
They should have moved the time of the Scotland game..

scoopyboy
17-09-2014, 11:29 AM
International breaks are to allow teams with international players to take the week off. You're not likely to find many of them in the Scottish Championship.

Its our own fault for getting relegated.

So if an under 21 game was scheduled and we had Harris, Cummings and Handling away would we get the game cancelled?

Gus Fring
17-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Pretty poor that in this day and age the two clubs could not compromise. Moving the game to Friday is unfair on Dumbarton due to being part time, but a compromise of 1pm on the Saturday would have been a decent solution. I have a season ticket for both Hibs and Scotland and will now have a decision to make. I'm leaning towards going to the Scotland game.

1pm would have meant the Dumbarton players travelling through much earlier giving them a disadvantage.

Why not move it to the Sunday? Unless half the Dumbarton team work a Sunday, surely that would've been the best proposal?

It's not really fair to ask Dumbarton players to play football and then go in to work the following morning to benefit us.

Billy Whizz
17-09-2014, 11:40 AM
So if an under 21 game was scheduled and we had Harris, Cummings and Handling away would we get the game cancelled?

It depends in the no of players away! Rangers cancelled their Petrofac cup against East fife at the last international break as they had a few players on international duty

Gus Fring
17-09-2014, 11:48 AM

Yes.

An application could be made for a postponement. It's at least 3 players and is still at the board discretion.

Beefster
17-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Dumbarton not doing what we tell them to. This is a new low for Hibs.

Gus Fring
17-09-2014, 11:55 AM

Championship teams have the potential to play 6 more matches than that of a Premiership team as they are all in the Petrofac cup (up to 5 matches) and they all enter the Scottish Cup 1 round earlier.

scoopyboy
17-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Yes.

An application could be made for a postponement. It's at least 3 players and is still at the board discretion.

So if the three players I mentioned got called up we may or may not get a cancellation.

If we got a cancellation then Dumbarton would have to play the rearranged fixture in midweek irrespective of whether their players are working or not.

If we didn't get a cancellation then we would have to play a league fixture without three players who would be in our squad.

Easy way is don't rearrange league matches when international fixtures are being played.

hibs4thecup1988
17-09-2014, 12:16 PM
There was no games the weekend of the Scotland vs Germany game - or am I wrong?

Gus Fring
17-09-2014, 12:21 PM
So if the three players I mentioned got called up we may or may not get a cancellation.

If we got a cancellation then Dumbarton would have to play the rearranged fixture in midweek irrespective of whether their players are working or not.

If we didn't get a cancellation then we would have to play a league fixture without three players who would be in our squad.

Easy way is don't rearrange league matches when international fixtures are being played.

These are all the things that would come under consideration by the SPFL in the event of that happening. As it stands they'll have looked at the real life scenario and concluded that as Dumbarton are part time and already playing away from home then they are already at a disadvantage and it would be unfair to then make them to make it worse in any way.

Billy Whizz
17-09-2014, 12:29 PM
There was no games the weekend of the Scotland vs Germany game - or am I wrong?

No league games, but there were Petrofac Cup games. Scotland Under 21's were playing that weekend as well, but don't have a game on the 11th October

Keith_M
17-09-2014, 01:34 PM
Dumbarton not doing what we tell them to. This is a new low for Hibs.

How do you come to that conclusion?

Hibs ASKED if it could be moved and the statement said that Hibs fully respect the right of Dumbarton to say no.

silverhibee
17-09-2014, 01:38 PM

Hibs ASKED if it could be moved and the statement said that Hibs fully respect the right of Dumbarton to say no.

Why were Hibs asking for the game to be moved in the first place, aren't the folk running the club not listening to the fans who want more 3 pm kick off's on a Saturday afternoon, or does this not suit Mr Petrie. :wink:

bod
17-09-2014, 01:40 PM
country before club for me , i'll be at the Scotland game
tin hat smillie

Waxy
17-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Just wait till Dumbarton ask anything from us.
Lend of a player? No
Extra tickets? No
Hot showers? No

Keith_M
17-09-2014, 01:47 PM
Why were Hibs asking for the game to be moved in the first place, aren't the folk running the club not listening to the fans who want more 3 pm kick off's on a Saturday afternoon, or does this not suit Mr Petrie. :wink:

A fair question...... but has nothing to do with my post you quoted.

silverhibee
17-09-2014, 02:11 PM
A fair question...... but has nothing to do with my post you quoted.

"Hibs asked if it could be moved" hence my response why were Hibs wanting it moved in the first place.

Does Petrie need to be at the Scotland game. :wink:

Yuillsy
17-09-2014, 02:11 PM
Delighted, I'm going to Oktoberfest in Princes St Gardens on the friday!🍺

SteveHFC
17-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Pub for me it is.

Beefster
17-09-2014, 02:38 PM

Em, I wasn't being entirely serious.

scoopyboy
17-09-2014, 02:55 PM
"Hibs asked if it could be moved" hence my response why were Hibs wanting it moved in the first place.

Does Petrie need to be at the Scotland game. :wink:

Hopefully.

Bishop Hibee
17-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Extremely annoying. First competitive Scotland home game I'll have missed in a very long time. Atmosphere at Hampden will be electric if there is a Yes vote, dead if it's a No.

SteveHFC
17-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Extremely annoying. First competitive Scotland home game I'll have missed in a very long time. Atmosphere at Hampden will be electric if there is a Yes vote, dead if it's a No.

Ibrox mate ;)

Billy Whizz
17-09-2014, 03:34 PM
3 championship games on that day now at 3pm
Hibs v Dumbarton
Alloa v Hearts
Cowdenbeath v Rangers

Raith v QOS has been moved to the Friday night, and Falkirk v Livinsgton has been postponed, as Livvi are playing in the Petrofac cup on the Sunday

Bishop Hibee
17-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Ibrox mate ;)

Of course. Even better with a Yes vote and worse with a No!

.Sean.
17-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Why? Is every regular attendee at Scotland games a Yes voter? Nobody told me.

scoopyboy
17-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Why? Is every regular attendee at Scotland games a Yes voter? Nobody told me.

All those voting no are getting branded and will not be able to attend Scotland games as they aren't Scottish anymore.

down-the-slope
17-09-2014, 05:17 PM

thats not enough time for Rodders Limo to get from ER to Ibrox though