PDA

View Full Version : Hibs U20's v Motherwell U20's - Ainslie Park

Leith_Hibee
15-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Thought I'd post that the first Hibs U20's development league fixture at Ainslie Park takes place on Tuesday evening, KO 7.45pm. Admission is a suggested donation of £5/£3 concession going towards Youth Football. :flag:

cabbageandribs1875
15-09-2014, 07:41 PM
we know http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?290033-Official-Site-UNDER-20S-FACE-MOTHERWELL-ON-TUESDAY :greengrin

Leith_Hibee
15-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Apologies, note to self, read the forum before posting. Been spending less time in here due to all the negativity.
Admins, feel free to delete.

Billy Whizz
15-09-2014, 08:10 PM
we know http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?290033-Official-Site-UNDER-20S-FACE-MOTHERWELL-ON-TUESDAY :greengrin

Needs these threads to keep the focus on the under 20's.
Be nice to get a few along tomorrow night. Think up to 5 overage players can play

silverhibee
15-09-2014, 10:29 PM
Will more than likely pop along for this game, nice wee walk will do me good.

Leith_Hibee
16-09-2014, 12:58 PM
Be nice to get a few along tomorrow night. Think up to 5 overage players can play

Sinclair, Hanlon, Booth, Harris, Handling, Cummings all in the Hibs squad this evening.

JimBHibees
16-09-2014, 01:12 PM

Thought it was only 3.

oconnors_strip
16-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Thought it was only 3.

Been changed to 5 this season and it doesn't include your keeper

I'm all for bringing back players from injury etc but not happy with good young players getting put on the bench for the sake of them.

JimBHibees
16-09-2014, 01:32 PM
Been changed to 5 this season and it doesn't include your keeper

I'm all for bringing back players from injury etc but not happy with good young players getting put on the bench for the sake of them.

Thanks. Agree about that however also think having an experienced head or two talking the younger players through a game can be invaluable to the young players development.

silverhibee
16-09-2014, 02:00 PM
Thanks. Agree about that however also think having an experienced head or two talking the younger players through a game can be invaluable to the young players development.

:agree:

Strange that Fontaine isn't getting a run out in this game with him not playing at the weekend, he would have been the ideal player for talking the young lads through this game with the experience he has.

CockneyRebel
16-09-2014, 02:08 PM

Also with some teams being dropped by clubs how do players recovering from injury get game time?

CockneyRebel
16-09-2014, 02:12 PM
Also with some teams being dropped by clubs how do players recovering from injury get game time?Some first team squad players need game time too so they are not rusty coming off the bench.

hibeesathampden
16-09-2014, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know when the under 20s derby is due to be played? Was postponed in August but can't see anything on the website about the rearranged fixture?

Billy Whizz
16-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Perntreou, Dunsmore, Martyniuk, Booth
Crane, Martin,
Jake Sinclair, Handling, Lewis Allan, Cummings, Harris

TheFamous1875
16-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Perntreou, Dunsmore, Martyniuk, Booth
Crane, Martin,
Jake Sinclair, Handling, Lewis Allan, Cummings, Harris

I do wonder what formation we'll be playing with that line up - 4-4-2 diamond?

Pentreou

Dunsmore. Martyniuk. Booth. Crane.

Martin.

Sinclair. Harris.

Handling.

Allan. Cummings.

hibs4thecup1988
16-09-2014, 07:12 PM
I do wonder what formation we'll be playing with that line up - 4-4-2 diamond?

Pentreouiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Dunsmore. Martyniuk. Booth. Crane.

Martin.

Sinclair. Harris.

Handling.

Allan. Cummings.

Exactly that. Tight opening. Neither keeper troubled. Ref missing a few fouls.

hibs4thecup1988
16-09-2014, 07:25 PM
1-0 Motherwell

oconnors_strip
16-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Half time 1-0 Motherwell, we haven't really tested their keeper

hibs4thecup1988
16-09-2014, 07:36 PM
Few good runs from Sinclair but like the first team slow in possession

hibs4thecup1988
16-09-2014, 07:51 PM
2-0. Same guy. Great finish

Twiglet
16-09-2014, 07:52 PM
2-0 Motherwell.

Twiglet
16-09-2014, 07:53 PM
3-0

cabbageandribs1875
16-09-2014, 07:56 PM
come back james McDonaugh

:duck:

Ronniekirk
16-09-2014, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=cabbageandribs1875;4170916]come back james McDonaugh

We appear to be suffering result wise since he left .is that because a few players we wanted to keep like black for eg had to be let go as we couldn't afford to keep them on .A great deal has been made about bridging the Disconnect between the academy and first team and a lot of changes have been made in back room staff but we seem to be getting beat heavily which is not something we have been use yo over the last few years From those guys like Billy and o connects strip that go regularly what appears to be problem Bit worrying we go whole first half and barely trouble their keeper especially with several first team squad players in there .

Twiglet
16-09-2014, 08:26 PM
3-1 Cummings

Twiglet
16-09-2014, 08:32 PM
3-1 ft

Jonnyboy
16-09-2014, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=cabbageandribs1875;4170916]come back james McDonaugh

We appear to be suffering result wise since he left .is that because a few players we wanted to keep like black for eg had to be let go as we couldn't afford to keep them on .A great deal has been made about bridging the Disconnect between the academy and first team and a lot of changes have been made in back room staff but we seem to be getting beat heavily which is not something we have been use yo over the last few years From those guys like Billy and o connects strip that go regularly what appears to be problem Bit worrying we go whole first half and barely trouble their keeper especially with several first team squad players in there .

Would be interesting to know the Motherwell line up

Billy Whizz
16-09-2014, 08:36 PM
[QUOTE=Ronniekirk;4170941]

Would be interesting to know the Motherwell line up

Jonnyboy
16-09-2014, 08:37 PM
[QUOTE=Jonnyboy;4170977]

Cheers Billy. Not that strong a line up really

oconnors_strip
16-09-2014, 08:40 PM
[QUOTE=Billy Whizz;4170980]

Not a strong line up but a strong team of boys

Billy Whizz
16-09-2014, 08:42 PM

They looked bigger and stronger

number9dream
16-09-2014, 08:50 PM

Only Leitch, Cummins & Ferguson with a few first team appearances.
Worrying result. Our lads should be using these games to prove the manager was wrong not to have picked them on Saturday.
Any positive individual performances?

Bobo
16-09-2014, 09:03 PM
3-1 ft

Sadly highlights a worrying lack of depth and quality when you consider that approximately 1/3 of our first team squad (7 players) made up tonight's starting eleven!

This only serves to emphasise the enormity of the task that Stubbs faces in trying to rebuild a squad strong enough to reverse the damage and decline caused by years of mismanagement and lack of investment.

Billy Whizz
16-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Not many highlights from tonight, other than the 1st team squad players all got 90 mins in their legs

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-09-2014, 09:19 PM
May out :greengrin

Kato
16-09-2014, 10:20 PM
Maybe all that community stuff at Motherwell from over the last few years is bearing fruit.

hibs4thecup1988
17-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Personally,

I thought the guys passed the ball well. We are far too slow in possession and I know I have said that earlier in the thread but its true. The first team is the same. We have pacey players but are not fast in attack.

Penetrou couldnt do anything with goals 2/3...the 1st one was an error, should have pushed it round the post.
Dunsmore in the first half looked good, going forward and linking with Sinclair. Looks a good prospect at right back.
Crane on the other side didn't do much wrong, but nothing to stand out either.
Martyniuk and Booth done ok at the back. Cleared everything and mopped up most stuff. Booth looks composed.
Scott Martin and Danny Handling done well in the midfield. Thought Danny was my motm from a Hibs point of view. Lots of good challenges, and passes. Had a few efforts as well.
Jake Sinclair was quick up the wing but when it came to final ball couldn't deliver. He at one point in the first half stood there with space to cross and didn't. This must be getting worked on in training...
Lewis Allan and Jason Cummings worked well in attack. Jason held it up and won headers all night long. Good finish from him, deserved a goal.

Alex Harris.... Going to be honest I don't want to say the guy is poor etc... but he needs a break. Maybe a loan deal somewhere would do him good. His confidence is all gone. His injury has obviously had a major effect on him. Sad to be honest cause I thought he was a great prospect, and he still is don't get me wrong, but a move away might do both parties some good.

Referee - appalling. No cards shown yet he could possibly have shown about 4/5 to be honest. Couple of hard tackles from both sides.

No subs where made.

On a plus side...all games are going to be played at Ainslie Park so I will get to them all :greengrin

Leith_Hibee
17-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Does anyone know when the under 20s derby is due to be played? Was postponed in August but can't see anything on the website about the rearranged fixture?

It's been moved to January.

offshorehibby
17-09-2014, 10:25 AM
I thought they'd advertised and had somebody in mind to take over from James McDonagh.

steviehibsleith
17-09-2014, 11:45 AM
I thought they'd advertised and had somebody in mind to take over from James McDonagh.

Believe Eddie May is the replacement

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scoopyboy
17-09-2014, 12:06 PM

Nope, closing date for James' position was Friday 12th.

offshorehibby
17-09-2014, 12:10 PM

As far as i know May is more a replacement for the gut Hendry

oconnors_strip
17-09-2014, 01:39 PM

Eddie is just covering whilst we recruit someone to take james place

steviehibsleith
17-09-2014, 03:00 PM
Nope, closing date for James' position was Friday 12th.
Thanks for correct info do we know any of the applicants.

eastcoasthibby
17-09-2014, 03:53 PM
no disrespect to the boys last night, but we are very lightweight on the park, this team for me epitomizes what is wrong with the first team...a lack of physical strength in challenges, a lack of natural central ball winning midfielder's and at times taking far too long to get the ball moving in the last third particularly !!
! sorry ....but for me there was a significant difference in the teams for the 90 minutes, although for the last 30 minutes we had a few players Handling, Cummings, Martin and Booth that took the game on and we looked much better ... but for me Motherwell played with strength, pace and moved the ball well, players had a better touch than ours across the team !!
I realise it's mostly learning at this level, so let's take it as that and hope our management team develop our playing staff accordingly .......... !!!!!!

all said I enjoyed the game, some good football and ability on display in both sides ..... competitive look forward to us improving ....

GGTTH

oconnors_strip
17-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Thanks for correct info do we know any of the applicants.

I asked George craig but he wouldn't name any names

berwickhibee
17-09-2014, 05:56 PM
has bill Hendry now left hibs???

Billy Whizz
17-09-2014, 06:21 PM
I asked George craig but he wouldn't name any names

Probably someone else who has Falkirk connections😜

NadeAteMyLunch!
17-09-2014, 07:10 PM
Bit worrying when you see our line up

Blaster
17-09-2014, 07:16 PM
Bit worrying when you see our line up

Is it really though? Do the results matter that much? U20s done well last year but first team got the club relegated. Priority has to be first team results

Billy Whizz
17-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Is it really though? Do the results matter that much? U20s done well last year but first team got the club relegated. Priority has to be first team results

Most of the team who played last night were young, regardless or not if they have 1st team experience or not

Blaster
17-09-2014, 07:29 PM
Most of the team who played last night were young, regardless or not if they have 1st team experience or not

That's my point. Too many folk getting worried about the result

TheFamous1875
17-09-2014, 08:18 PM
no disrespect to the boys last night, but we are very lightweight on the park, this team for me epitomizes what is wrong with the first team...a lack of physical strength in challenges, a lack of natural central ball winning midfielder's and at times taking far too long to get the ball moving in the last third particularly !!
! sorry ....but for me there was a significant difference in the teams for the 90 minutes, although for the last 30 minutes we had a few players Handling, Cummings, Martin and Booth that took the game on and we looked much better ... but for me Motherwell played with strength, pace and moved the ball well, players had a better touch than ours across the team !!
I realise it's mostly learning at this level, so let's take it as that and hope our management team develop our playing staff accordingly .......... !!!!!!

all said I enjoyed the game, some good football and ability on display in both sides ..... competitive look forward to us improving ....

GGTTH

I think you're spot on. Look at this year's Scottish Cup Finalists: Dundee United play great football but rarely, if ever, got the upper hand over St Johnstone last season. St Johnstone, a hard working TEAM of players who play for the jersey and each other would dominate United's team of creative attacking players. St Johnstone have hard workers in midfield who've a great rapport with the back four as they all compliment and gel with each other. They had Stevie May as the main attacker, with the experienced Steven McLean guiding him through matches and setting up chances for him whilst he also set up his own. That's your goals sorted. Their hard working midfield, not necessarily a 'creative' centre, but one that's a well disciplined unit that works together and gets the ball out to the attacking midfielders such as Croft, O'Halloran and our very own Wotherspoon. Everyone knows their job and compliments each other. That's the way to build a team.

Dundee United have a good team as well, but if you were to put your money on who'd come out on top between fast, entertaining football played the right way and a hard, industrious team who work for each other and have a threat up top you would have to put your hard earned on St Johnstone everyday of the week.

We need both, like all good teams do at any level. The creative players complimented and protected by the strong, pacy and hardworking players doing the dirty work. Under Fenlon our squad harkened more to St Johnstone's 'hard to beat' approach but we weren't balanced like they were; we had a top goalscorer but we didn't have the creativity to support him, we had hard working ball winners in midfield in Claros, Taiwo and Deegan but we didn't have the pace on the wings to burst up the park and create something and we didn't have the creative midfielder protected by the ball winners who'd be enabled to get forward in an advanced role and support the striker/s. I feel almost sorry for Paul Cairney in the same way as I do about Liam Craig - Cairney is a tricky and visionary player who could change games and make things happen but again he was in the wrong position on either wing where he looked slow and didn't contribute nearly as much as he could've due to his complete lack of pace and fitness (Lennon got it right with Kris Commons).

A team is a team; it falls together and succeeds together - every player counts. If there's not enough chances being created it's because the wingers/CAM aren't fast enough at getting up the park; if the midfield is being overrun, it's because the attacking players aren't getting back and helping enough. If the defence is crumbling, it's because the central midfielders aren't working hard enough off the ball in support. It's all about teams. Teams made up of the right players who compliment each other, can play in the formations set and can do their jobs competently alongside their teammates who they should trust and have a bond with. I can't remember the last time Hibs had a fully balanced, well oiled TEAM who knew their jobs and complimented each other - was it 1/1/73? That was 17 years before I was even born.

sahib
18-09-2014, 10:20 PM
Oh! Well. ( no pun intended)
Good results by our under 20s, or whoever, don't seem to bear any relationship to how good a crop of youngsters are produced.