PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Hibs / ELHSC

Blaster
15-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Time for a positive thread! East Lothian Hibs Supporters Club were invited to the training centre today and around 40 of us went along. We were there from 10.30 - 2.30 and were made very welcome.

The day began with a brief introduction from Leeann Dempster before George Craig gave an overview of what has happened since he joined and plans for the future.

Sue Mclernon then gave us a tour of the centre which included watching the first team training for a short time. The weather made sure it was only a short time! The kids (and some adults) then had photo opportunities with the players after their training was completed.

Lunch was provided and gratefully received before a Q&A session with Alan Stubbs. Well done Alan for managing not to swear in front of the kids despite some of Ron's views!

There were other presentations on the recruitment process at all levels (youth to first team) and also from the fitness coach.

So big thanks to George & Stevie for organising and for all at Hibs for their efforts throughout today. There are many stepping stones being put in place which have been missing for a number of years - and I certainly felt really optimistic about our future after today

Jonnyboy
15-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Time for a positive thread! East Lothian Hibs Supporters Club were invited to the training centre today and around 40 of us went along. We were there from 10.30 - 2.30 and were made very welcome.

The day began with a brief introduction from Leeann Dempster before George Craig gave an overview of what has happened since he joined and plans for the future.

Sue Mclernon then gave us a tour of the centre which included watching the first team training for a short time. The weather made sure it was only a short time! The kids (and some adults) then had photo opportunities with the players after their training was completed.

Lunch was provided and gratefully received before a Q&A session with Alan Stubbs. Well done Alan for managing not to swear in front of the kids despite some of Ron's views!

There were other presentations on the recruitment process at all levels (youth to first team) and also from the fitness coach.

So big thanks to George & Stevie for organising and for all at Hibs for their efforts throughout today. There are many stepping stones being put in place which have been missing for a number of years - and I certainly felt really optimistic about our future after today

Thanks for sharing this. Looks like the club done you proud so, as you say, well done Hibs :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
15-09-2014, 07:39 PM

What a great story. Thanks for sharing that a great thing for the club to have done.

FranckSuzy
15-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Good to hear :aok:

oconnors_strip
15-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Great to hear this and I would also like to thank George craig for talking to the hibs disabled supporters association at east mains tonight and giving them a tour of the centre.

PatHead
15-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Good to hear the management are engaging with supporters on a number of fronts.

Glad you had a great day.

SaulGoodman
15-09-2014, 10:39 PM
Was a good day out, Stubbs is massive :greengrin

Brooster
16-09-2014, 06:51 AM
I echo Blaster's opening remarks. Thanks to everyone at Hibs and East Mains for taking time out to be with us yesterday, from Leanne Dempster, George Craig, Alan Stubbs, Graeme Mathie, Craig Flanagan, Sue McLernon, Tom Zinelli, Tam McCourt, the Chefs and all the players. The message which came across very strongly is that all these guys in charge are truly committed to righting the wrongs which have contributed to the club falling into such a bad state. In the short space of time they have ben on board they have made massive changes behind the scenes and I'm convinced given time these changes will have a positive impact.....in fact I'm sure the introduction of a fitness coach (only god knows why we didnt have one before) had a bearing on us finishing stronger than our opposition last Satuurday.

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2014, 07:55 AM
What a great story, and great to hear peoples thoughts on the management team too. :thumbsup:

SanFranHibs
16-09-2014, 08:42 AM
Sounds like quantity over quality to me ! :greengrin

SMAXXA
16-09-2014, 08:53 AM
What came out if the Q and A?

Brooster
16-09-2014, 10:25 AM
What came out if the Q and A?

Smaxxa, I've not got the time or inclination to go through it all but Stubbs came across very well and he managed to answer(honestly) a few searching questions. He has some job on his hands to clear up the mess that Butcher left behind and I think he will do it if given support and time. One thing he ask of us was that we get behind the team and stop focussing on hearts so much.....something I've been guilty of in the past, but not now

MB62
16-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Well done to all concerned. Great to hear these stories :thumbsup:

Keith_M
16-09-2014, 10:58 AM
Nice to hear.

:thumbsup:

SMAXXA
16-09-2014, 11:09 AM
Smaxxa, I've not got the time or inclination to go through it all but Stubbs came across very well and he managed to answer(honestly) a few searching questions. He has some job on his hands to clear up the mess that Butcher left behind and I think he will do it if given support and time. One thing he ask of us was that we get behind the team and stop focussing on hearts so much.....something I've been guilty of in the past, but not now

Thanks for taking the time

SaulGoodman
16-09-2014, 12:15 PM
The soup was braw

ALF TUPPER
16-09-2014, 12:17 PM
Echoing everyone's sentiments here.

Thank you for sharing. Looks like a huge effort has been put in by The Club and you guys at ELHSC. This is exactly the kind of positive news I want to hear about our Club.

Well done everyone !! :thumbsup:

GGTTH