PDA

View Full Version : Football Pet Hates

Pages : 1 [2]

Forza Fred
04-07-2015, 11:24 AM
Joe Keenan anyone???

It was when Mixu signed this player that I joined the Mixu must go brigade.

Smartie
04-07-2015, 12:02 PM
It was when Mixu signed this player that I joined the Mixu must go brigade.

It was when Hibs signed this "ex-Chelsea youngster" that I gave up on bothering about the clubs a player had previously played for and paid a bit more attention to how good the player actually was.

heretoday
04-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Earl Jean.

The wilderness years.

J-C
04-07-2015, 12:34 PM
We had some shockers too.

That was my main point, we chased the OF buying all the foreigners thinking they must be good, only to realise they were crap.

heretoday
04-07-2015, 12:50 PM
That was my main point, we chased the OF buying all the foreigners thinking they must be good, only to realise they were crap.

You're right.

I think Revfik was the first high profile "foreigner" we signed. He made quite a splash initially.

Sauzee has to be the best we've had. What a coup it was to get him. I am sorry to say that class of player is out of reach now. What went wrong?

Smartie
04-07-2015, 12:54 PM
You're right.

I think Revfik was the first high profile "foreigner" we signed. He made quite a splash initially.

Sauzee has to be the best we've had. What a coup it was to get him. I am sorry to say that class of player is out of reach now. What went wrong?

£££££££££

It will have taken a helluva wage to get Sauzee to come to Hibs.

I can't see us being able to get anyone with that many caps for France and a european Cup winners medal to come to us any time soon.

No danger we could pay that much now.

Every player is a bit of a gamble now as we (as with all Scottish clubs, possibly except Celtic) can only afford to shop in the bargain bucket.

bob12345
04-07-2015, 01:15 PM
When time is wasted in injury time and the referee blows bang on the X minute mark. One derby a Hearts fan held the ball in the stands for the best part of a minute and the referee didn't add a second on.

green day
04-07-2015, 02:19 PM
Pet hates? The media love in with the ****bos.

In error turned on Off the Ball today when the media tube Cosgrove was tipping hearts as the surprise package in the Premier next year.

Nobody, except us gives a that they rammed creditors for millions, all the chat is about "what a story".

Ah hate them

Forza Fred
05-07-2015, 03:20 AM
It was when Hibs signed this "ex-Chelsea youngster" that I gave up on bothering about the clubs a player had previously played for and paid a bit more attention to how good the player actually was.

I knew how good he wasn't.

He'd just been refused a contract with Newcastle Jets in the A League.

Keith_M
05-07-2015, 08:03 AM
Don't be silly :greengrin

No point denying it now, you gave the game away with the 'sucking on the piss stained cardboard' comment.

:wink:

J-C
05-07-2015, 11:12 AM
£££££££££

It will have taken a helluva wage to get Sauzee to come to Hibs.

I can't see us being able to get anyone with that many caps for France and a european Cup winners medal to come to us any time soon.

No danger we could pay that much now.

Every player is a bit of a gamble now as we (as with all Scottish clubs, possibly except Celtic) can only afford to shop in the bargain bucket.

It was more the point that all Scottish clubs thought they had to do what the OF were doing and buy any Johnny foreigner, " he's from Spain/Italy/France so he must be good " Only to find out that quite a lot of these forieign players were just as pants as the home grown ones.

Stokesy's on fire
05-07-2015, 12:53 PM
Aberdeen fans who think they have the best away support in scottish football excluding the Old Firm...why exclude them? You can't say you have such an away support but ignore a blatant Fact! Big team mentality from them these days after years of silence of the lambs. I hate teams that suffer delusions of grandeur and Aberdeen are up their with hearts when it comes to this idiotic behaviour. Embarrassing supporters.

SteveHFC
05-07-2015, 02:47 PM
Hearts fans especially my **** of an ex girlfriend.

HibbyAndy
05-07-2015, 02:54 PM
Cheating referees.

Lets be brutally honest here, Their is downright poor refereeing and their is blatant cheating, Craig Thomson is the latter.

Hibrandenburg
05-07-2015, 03:17 PM
Drunks at games. By all means have a pint or two before and after but having to get pished to allow you to let your hair down at games means you more than likely have a problem.

Bad Martini
06-07-2015, 11:53 AM
That's perfectly acceptable mate, hiding behind the media reason isn't.

You're entitled to your opinion mate though if aimed at my post, I am happy to be persistent and make it clear; my issue is NOT with 50+ million people I dont know and thus have nae reason to like or dislike. It's not even with a team who should (and often are) be better than the sum of their parts and be achieving far more footballing wise (and that IS a dig :greengrin)....it's with those tossers in the English media who talk up the national team, rattle on about 1966 approximately every 23 nano seconds per game and then make excuses when england lose.....unless, they are on their own agenda to oust some poor ******* for being the national scapegoat.

NOTE: I dont like ANY press. I include our ****ty press on this side of the border.

Anyways, if NOT aimed at my post, the above still stands and either way, I will openly and honestly tell you I still hope Englerlund get gubbed at everything you play, just cause...no reason offered or needed. :na na::na na::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Err, endof for me on this one.:aok:

Scouse Hibee
06-07-2015, 03:15 PM
You're entitled to your opinion mate though if aimed at my post, I am happy to be persistent and make it clear; my issue is NOT with 50+ million people I dont know and thus have nae reason to like or dislike. It's not even with a team who should (and often are) be better than the sum of their parts and be achieving far more footballing wise (and that IS a dig :greengrin)....it's with those tossers in the English media who talk up the national team, rattle on about 1966 approximately every 23 nano seconds per game and then make excuses when england lose.....unless, they are on their own agenda to oust some poor ******* for being the national scapegoat.

NOTE: I dont like ANY press. I include our ****ty press on this side of the border.

Anyways, if NOT aimed at my post, the above still stands and either way, I will openly and honestly tell you I still hope Englerlund get gubbed at everything you play, just cause...no reason offered or needed. :na na::na na::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Err, endof for me on this one.:aok:

It wasn't aimed at your post mate nor any other post in particular, I would have told you if it was you Scottish git.

Pete
06-07-2015, 03:20 PM
Scottish git.

You can't say that any more it's racist.

snooky
06-07-2015, 03:29 PM
No point denying it now, you gave the game away with the 'sucking on the piss stained cardboard' comment.

:embarrass :ostrich:

Scouse Hibee
06-07-2015, 03:36 PM

:-)

Jonnyboy
06-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Cannae be arsed reading the whole thread so don't know if anyone else has raised this. One of my pet hates is tight goal nets. I hate it when the ball hits the net and rolls straight back out into play. Ball sould hit the net and drop :greengrin

fatbloke
06-07-2015, 09:44 PM
Glasgow Celtic, everything about them.

Spudster
06-07-2015, 10:09 PM
Defenders shielding the ball out for a by kick or the referee then giving said defender a free kick for the slightest of contact in the same situation.
The term 'by kick' :greengrin

Keith_M
07-07-2015, 07:11 AM
The term 'by kick' :greengrin

The terms 'Goal Kick' and 'Throw In'...... It's 'Bye Kick' and 'Shy'.

:na na:

Oh and calling the Linesman an 'Assistant Referee'.

rodhibs55
07-07-2015, 07:54 AM
Hearts and Rangers (They are also my allergies)

1875godsgift
07-07-2015, 08:36 AM
Glasgow Celtic, everything about them.

The way Celtc hoover up all the best players from other Scottish teams, then whinge about how they're suffering through lack of domestic competition!!!
It's not rocket science, lesser greens....

Bad Martini
07-07-2015, 11:14 AM
It wasn't aimed at your post mate nor any other post in particular, I would have told you if it was you Scottish git.

Fair dues...I'd have expected no less ya gob***** english ******* :greengrin (albeit from the most pallatable part of Engerlund, footballing wise anyways) :greengrin:thumbsup:

Yep. Somewhere in deepest, darkest gorgie, the race of gits/gunts are filing objections as we speak, complaining to anyone and everyone who will listen to their anal bleating. That wont take long :greengrin

Anyways, I still hate rangers, hearts and all who sail in them. Celtic, aberdeen, motherwell, killie and that shower of bassas in Cowdenbeath, Ayr etc.

Ah **** it. Am no racist; I hate everyone :na na::greengrin:thumbsup:

yekimevol
08-07-2015, 10:41 AM
1) Diving,
2) Not being allow to stand,
3) Cost,
4) Lack of a wage cap / percentage of income your allowed to spend on things.
5) Difference in the finances between leagues, not saying that they should all get the same but the vast gulf is beyond comprehension.

Mixu62
09-07-2015, 12:49 AM
Modern stadium architecture. All ground around 10k capacity look the same now. OK so the old Brockville, Bloomfield and Douglas Park used to be utter ****-holes, but at least you could tell the difference between them.

HoboHarry
09-07-2015, 01:37 AM

Good God man you must be old.........:greengrin

The Pointer
10-07-2015, 09:26 AM
It's the diving Bale/Ronaldo/Henry/Zaliukas's of this world and all the other cheating ******** who get on my thrupennys.

Christian Dailly got it spot on in his rant after the Germany game, although he would have been justified doing it after just about any these days. Refs frequently get taken in by it and 'pundits' regularly condone it. Do it in any other sport and you get laughed at.

The other thing is, why do refs stop goal celebrations in this country? It's in the nature of young guys who score a goal to go mental with some exuberant, totally radge, over-the-top celebration. This chasing after players and linesmen, yes - that's linesmen, moving to stop players crossing the line is quite frankly, embarrassing. If he wants to take his top off - let him. If he wants to dive into the fans - let him. It's all got far too serious.

That and the over-priced stodge at ER and not having the metal top to touch when you left the old East.

Phew....:grr:

Keith_M
10-07-2015, 10:06 AM
Good God man you must be old.........:greengrin

So?

Dan Sarf
10-07-2015, 12:41 PM

The "Technical Area"! What's technical about a patch of grass? :grr:

jacomo
10-07-2015, 01:00 PM
The "Technical Area"! What's technical about a patch of grass? :grr:

I really hate the sports car seats that are all the vogue in technical areas these days. Are those to hold the occupant in place as the dug out goes round a corner?

Players in the squad but not starting are referred to as being 'on the bench'. Why not just have a bench?

LichtieHibby
10-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Arbroath cause they're named after a fish :wink:

Belated "Hoy". Arbroath's nickname is the "Red Lichties" Wikipedia would suggest otherwise but I don't believe that.

We only smell of fish thank you very much.

Dan Sarf
10-07-2015, 02:33 PM
I really hate the sports car seats that are all the vogue in technical areas these days. Are those to hold the occupant in place as the dug out goes round a corner?

Players in the squad but not starting are referred to as being 'on the bench'. Why not just have a bench?

Brilliant! :tee hee:

StevieT
10-07-2015, 07:20 PM
Belated "Hoy". Arbroath's nickname is the "Red Lichties" Wikipedia would suggest otherwise but I don't believe that.

And nothing to do the Brothock eh?

Keith_M
11-07-2015, 09:44 AM

When I first started going to games in the late 70s/early 80s, I used to stand on the Main Terrace (wasn't referred to as The East then), next to all the nutters, halfway up the terrace next to the scaffolding fence. There was a Hibby from Arbroath that used to stand in the same area.

Some of the guys used to refer to him as 'Kippers', to which he strongly objected, explaining (at great length) that he was a 'Smokie'.

That wasn't you, was it?

Northernhibee
11-07-2015, 09:51 AM
When a penalty is awarded and the player who has been fouled gets pats on the back from his team mates etc.

DAVE1875
11-07-2015, 11:11 AM
When a penalty is awarded and the player who has been fouled gets pats on the back from his team mates etc.

This, along with the players of the team who just won the penalty high-fiving and celebrating as if they just scored

DH1875
11-07-2015, 04:58 PM
It's the diving Bale/Ronaldo/Henry/Zaliukas's of this world and all the other cheating ******** who get on my thrupennys.

People who think the sun shines out of Lionel Messi's arse.

Holmesdale Hibs
11-07-2015, 06:18 PM

Completely agree but there's something funny about referring Zalliukas at the same time as Ronaldo, Bale and Henry.

Haven't seen Ronaldo dive that much to be fair but I don't watch a lot of Spanish football and he's a prick regardless. Bale used to dive regularly in the EPL and for Wales vs Scotland.

jacomo
11-07-2015, 09:04 PM
People who think the sun shines out of Lionel Messi's arse.

Best footballer ever though, right?

:wink: (but I genuinely do believe this)

DH1875
11-07-2015, 09:10 PM
Best footballer ever though, right?

:wink: (but I genuinely do believe this)

Erm..........NO. For starters, Maradona was better :wink:.

portycabbage
11-07-2015, 09:11 PM

Christian Dailly got it spot on in his rant after the Germany game, although he would have been justified doing it after just about any these days. Refs frequently get taken in by it and 'pundits' regularly condone it. Do it in any other sport and you get laughed at.

The other thing is, why do refs stop goal celebrations in this country? It's in the nature of young guys who score a goal to go mental with some exuberant, totally radge, over-the-top celebration. This chasing after players and linesmen, yes - that's linesmen, moving to stop players crossing the line is quite frankly, embarrassing. If he wants to take his top off - let him. If he wants to dive into the fans - let him. It's all got far too serious.

That and the over-priced stodge at ER and not having the metal top to touch when you left the old East.

Phew....:grr:

Pretty sure they stuck sections of it above the new East's exits.

brianmc
11-07-2015, 09:34 PM
Hibs throw ins...

blaikie
12-07-2015, 01:17 AM
Terry Butcher

12-07-2015, 11:21 AM
People who see big games and big days out such as to hampden or tynecastle as an excuse to get totally steaming drunk and start thinking they are big hard men and then act like absolute idiots.

The media sook up to hearts.

gloryhunters

Skacel and his constant cringey sucking up to the hearts fans by digging at us at every opportunity. Bit weird actually his obsession with us.

Hearts fans pathetic, cringeworthy little delusion that they are a "big team"

The Rangers - everything about their vile, bigoted ****my club makes me sick.

Keith_M
12-07-2015, 01:02 PM
Celtc Fans opinion of their Club as something unique. They even call it 'a club like no other'.

The way they proclaim themselves as The Greatest Supporters In The World, following through thick and thin. Despite the fact they have never known what 'thin' was throughout their history and most of them are actually just Glory Hunters that would stop going if they ever did meet adversity.

Then there's the way they see themselves as forever oppressed and every decision that ever goes against them is a conspiracy (cheated, never defeated).

The regular mentions of Celtc being founded as a charity to care for the poor of Glasgow's East End, even although that part of their history only lasted about six months and they have actually been a money making big business, willing to nobble every potential rival in the pursuit of money and success ever since.

Oh and did I mention Celtc?

jacomo
12-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Celtc Fans opinion of their Club as something unique. They even call it 'more than a Club', the irony of which is that the motto was pinched from Barca.

Ah well, at least their favourite song YNWA is original. Oh.

Ah well, at least they invented green n white hoops. Oh.

In fact, is everything of theirs ripped off from others?

Mr White
12-07-2015, 03:44 PM
Celtc Fans opinion of their Club as something unique. They even call it 'more than a Club', the irony of which is that the motto was pinched from Barca.

The way they proclaim themselves as The Greatest Supporters In The World, following through thick and thin. Despite the fact they have never known what 'thin' was throughout their history and most of them are actually just Glory Hunters that would stop going if they ever did meet adversity.

Then there's the way they see themselves as forever oppressed and every decision that ever goes against them is a conspiracy (cheated, never defeated).

The regular mentions of Celtc being founded as a charity to care for the poor of Glasgow's East End, even although that part of their history only lasted about six months and they have actually been a money making big business, willing to nobble every potential rival in the pursuit of money and success ever since.

Agree mostly with the sentiment as I've no time for celtc or their holier than thou bull**** but I think their motto is "a club like no other". That's whats on the banner that they have in the top tier of the stand they've closed for league games. Greatest fans my arse.

DAVE1875
12-07-2015, 04:28 PM

Thought it was the Huns that did that, not sure if it was the fans of the Original or 2.0 though.

It is funny though, Celtic fans claim to be the best in the world yet their "amazing" Champions League crowd displays are pissed on weekly by the Dortmund fans for regular league games

celthedd1
12-07-2015, 09:14 PM
Thought it was the Huns that did that, not sure if it was the fans of the Original or 2.0 though.

It is funny though, Celtic fans claim to be the best in the world yet their "amazing" Champions League crowd displays are pissed on weekly by the Dortmund fans for regular league gamesThiery Henry still being respected as if he's done nothing wrong in the media....
CHEAT....end of !

Bristolhibby
13-07-2015, 10:36 AM
The fact that there are literally no decent football teams in the West Country of England. Despite having a 1/2m people living in the Bristol. Really should have a premier club in Bristol.

J

Keith_M
13-07-2015, 10:54 AM
Agree mostly with the sentiment as I've no time for celtc or their holier than thou bull**** but I think their motto is "a club like no other". That's whats on the banner that they have in the top tier of the stand they've closed for league games. Greatest fans my arse.

OK, cheers, musta got that mixed up.

That motto is even more cringeworthy.

p.s. I've update earlier post with your info. Thanks

13-07-2015, 11:02 AM

Totally agree with this. They seem to think they are something very special and cannot understand why people don't like them.