PDA

View Full Version : #hibileaks/Hands On Hibs/BuyHibs (Merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

IanM
14-09-2014, 11:07 AM
Anyone else get handed the card with the question about asking STF why we rent east mains from him?

southsider
14-09-2014, 11:12 AM
Anyone else get handed the card with the question about asking STF why we rent east mains from him?
So we (Hibs) don't own it ?

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 11:19 AM
The football club owns East Mains and pays no rent to anyone for it.

NW
14-09-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm sure the accounts or club recently said it costs the club about 1/2 million per year for the running etc

greenpaper55
14-09-2014, 11:20 AM
One of the fans handing out the cards was one of the protesters who disrupted the meeting with L D. Not sure about the truth of what the card said.

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 11:23 AM
One of the fans handing out the cards was one of the protesters who disrupted the meeting with L D. Not sure about the truth of what the card said.

I am. It's absolute rubbish and I hope the ********s responsible for it get nowhere near ownership of our club.

emerald green
14-09-2014, 11:27 AM

I was handed a card outside the ground before the game.

One question on the card says as follows: I quote...

"HANDSONHIBS

Q) Can YOU also ask Tom Farmer, WHY OUR Hibernian Football Club is paying the Farmer family hundreds of thousands of pounds each year to rent the East Mains Hibernian Training Centre.....When in fact it was the multi-million pound sales of OUR young players plus Hibernian supporters own money that funded the build of the East Mains training centre?"

more information to follow...

#Hibileaks"

What's all that about? Who are #Hibileaks?

I was going to post on this but you beat me to it.

NAE NOOKIE
14-09-2014, 11:30 AM
Never heard this before and there have been a number of accounts published since EM was built. Have to say I would need to see cast iron proof before I would believe it.

Iain G
14-09-2014, 11:34 AM
I was handed a card outside the ground before the game.

One question on the card says as follows: I quote...

"HANDSONHIBS

Q) Can YOU also ask Tom Farmer, WHY OUR Hibernian Football Club is paying the Farmer family hundreds of thousands of pounds each year to rent the East Mains Hibernian Training Centre.....When in fact it was the multi-million pound sales of OUR young players plus Hibernian supporters own money that funded the build of the East Mains training centre?"

more information to follow...

#Hibileaks"

What's all that about? Who are #Hibileaks?

I was going to post on this but you beat me to it.

Judging by the phrasing and not particularly effective use of CAPITAL LETTERS it seems to be that vaguely delusional boxing gym bloke that "stormed" one of the fan sessions...

marinello59
14-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Never heard this before and there have been a number of accounts published since EM was built. Have to say I would need to see cast iron proof before I would believe it.

There is no proof but those behind this ''campaign'' probably don't care. All they want to do is spread malicious rumours to further some as yet unknown agenda of their own. We all care deeply about our club and many of us want change but this does nothing to help.

steviehibsleith
14-09-2014, 11:44 AM
I am. It's absolute rubbish and I hope the ********s responsible for it get nowhere near ownership of our club.
I also thought that Petrie etc always stated that players we had sold For large fees we used this money to pay for the purchase of EM and transforming it from farm to football facility. Never have i heard anything to the contrary till reading this thread.

SunshineOnLeith
14-09-2014, 11:45 AM
Capitalising IMPORTANT words makes you come across as more INTELLIGENT and only serves to strengthen YOUR argument. FACT.

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 11:46 AM

I have copies of all of the accounts since 2003 and they all show that no rent was paid to Sir Tom Farmer or any of his family. The only rent for land and buildings that was paid during that time was £24,000 per annum paid to HFC Holdings Ltd for the ticket office.

These leaflets are not only an attack on STF but also on the integrity of KPMG as auditors.

iwasthere1972
14-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Judging by the phrasing and not particularly effective use of CAPITAL LETTERS it seems to be that vaguely delusional boxing gym bloke that "stormed" one of the fan sessions...

I got handed one of those cards yesterday but until now I didn't read what it said. Maybe we should phone Danny Dyer and get him to ask the guy what it's all about. Oh wait a minute he wet himself the last time he met this guy so have to think of someone else.

Iain G
14-09-2014, 11:50 AM
I have copies of ALL of the accounts since 2003 and they ALL show that NO RENT was paid to Sir Tom Farmer or ANY of his family. The only rent for land and buildings that was paid during that time was £24,000 per annum paid to HFC Holdings Ltd for the ticket office.

These leaflets are not only AN ATTACK on STF but also on the INTEGRITY of KPMG as auditors.

Fixed that for you CG, now I believe ya... :wink:

Iain G
14-09-2014, 11:52 AM
I got handed one of those cards yesterday but until now I didn't read what it said. Maybe we should phone Danny Dyer and get him to ask the guy what it's all about. Oh wait a minute he wet himself the last time he met this guy so have to think of someone else.

No idea who this boxing gym guy is, actually no real idea who Danny Dyer is either! Joys of not living in the UK :wink:

WestStandMoaner
14-09-2014, 11:52 AM
There is no proof but those behind this ''campaign'' probably don't care. All they want to do is spread malicious rumours to further some as yet unknown agenda of their own. We all care deeply about our club and many of us want change but this does nothing to help.

There has been a rumour kicking about for a while that Farmer has been fleecing the club. Time will tell if this is true. All the card is really saying is let's ask the question. It also seems for many on here Farmer can do know wrong I can assure you Farmer is a businessman first and foremost so don't just disregard these rumours ( no smoke without fire )

iwasthere1972
14-09-2014, 11:53 AM
There's also no full stop after 70th birthday.

Shocking.

Iain G
14-09-2014, 11:54 AM
There has been a rumour kicking about for a while that Farmer has been fleecing the club. Time will tell if this is true. All the card is really saying is let's ask the question. It also seems for many on here Farmer can do know wrong I can assure you Farmer is a businessman first and foremost so don't just disregard these rumours ( no smoke without fire )

Rumours huh, well that makes me believe this whole story!

You don't have to be paranoid to support Hibs but it helps...

And you can have smoke without fire btw :greengrin

SunshineOnLeith
14-09-2014, 11:55 AM

By that logic.

I assert that Sir Tom Farmer personally owns Easter Road Stadium and has opened talks to sell it to Tesco.

No smoke without fire.

NW
14-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Dangerous things to say if no proof.

Iain G
14-09-2014, 11:57 AM
By that logic.

I assert that Sir Tom Farmer personally owns Easter Road Stadium and has opened talks to sell it to Tesco.

No smoke without fire.

I heard it was ASDA! :wink:

Iain G
14-09-2014, 11:58 AM

Whats that phrase, empty vessels make the most noise?!

matty_f
14-09-2014, 11:59 AM
By that logic.

No smoke without fire.
:agree:
Sir Tom Farmer partakes in illicit trout worrying.

No smoke without fire.

marinello59
14-09-2014, 12:00 PM

It isn't asking the question, it is making an allegation about STF.

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 12:00 PM

The question is asked by the auditors every year, but the truth is that the football club OWN the property, therefore they can't possibly RENT it as well.

And it's not a case of STF doing no wrong, it's a case of objecting to defamatory rubbish issued by halfwits.

WestStandMoaner
14-09-2014, 12:04 PM

I am not saying I agree with the card all I am saying is this rumour has been around for sometime and for it now to be put in writing to the fans someone must be sure of their facts because if not I agree it is a dangerous quote for a number of reasons including legal

NW
14-09-2014, 12:06 PM
It will be interesting to see if any response is given by the club or if they ignore. The comments re stadium sale and Straiton are the most concerning and somewhat surprising

hibbydad
14-09-2014, 12:10 PM
I am not saying I agree with the card all I am saying is this rumour has been around for sometime and for it now to be put in writing to the fans someone must be sure of their facts because if not I agree it is a dangerous quote for a number of reasons including legal

I know this rumour has been around for a while but I can assure you that the accounts are very clear and Hibs own East Mains I feel people should be very careful in what they allege lets deal in facts.

s.a.m
14-09-2014, 12:13 PM
It will be interesting to see if any response is given by the club or if they ignore. The comments re stadium sale and Straiton are the most concerning and somewhat surprising

Has he sent it to the club?

WestStandMoaner
14-09-2014, 12:14 PM
I know this rumour has been around for a while but I can assure you that the accounts are very clear and Hibs own East Mains I feel people should be very careful in what they allege lets deal in facts.

I agree let's deal in facts but for many who do not have access to the accounts it would be good for the club to comment on this

SunshineOnLeith
14-09-2014, 12:17 PM
I agree let's deal in facts but for many who do not have access to the accounts it would be good for the club to comment on this

The accounts are publicly available. In fact I believe there's a link to them on this very forum.

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 12:20 PM

You can get them here at a quid a time...

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk//wcprodorder?ft=1

Mikey
14-09-2014, 12:22 PM

You can see them here.........

http://www.hibs.net/forumdisplay.php?37-hibs-net-Vault

greenginger
14-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Can anyone scan and copy one of these leaflets on here.

There was a " Hands on Hibs " action group around a few years ago but I thought that grouping had died out.

Sounds pretty desperate , foul stuff to me.

Kaiser1962
14-09-2014, 12:26 PM

totally agree

Nonsense like that reaks of desperation and tells me they are not to be trusted.

Slim Shady
14-09-2014, 12:33 PM
The question is asked by the auditors every year, but the truth is that the football club OWN the property, therefore they can't possibly RENT it as well.

And it's not a case of STF doing no wrong, it's a case of objecting to defamatory rubbish issued by halfwits.

Hibernian Football Club does not solely own the stadium or East Mains. For someone that seems so sure of the accounts your missing vital points.

Ever wondered why confidentiality agreements had to be signed when the takeover groups were in talks regarding buy out.

big gogs
14-09-2014, 12:34 PM
How can s.t.f. Be fleecing the club ,he owns the club,he would be stealing from himself.he puts money in ,then takes it back,if that is indeed the point.i never would nor could accuse s.t.f.of taking money out of the club,simply because I can't prove it.i was handed a card before the game,I read it then binned it complete nonsense.

The Falcon
14-09-2014, 12:36 PM
Hibernian Football Club does not solely own the stadium or East Mains. For someone that seems so sure of the accounts your missing vital points.

Ever wondered why confidentiality agreements had to be signed when the takeover groups were in talks regarding buy out.

So who owns it/them?

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 12:45 PM

Hibernian Football Club does own these properties and it does not pay rent to anyone for them.

Confidentiality agreements are standard business practice in negotiations of this nature.

oregonhibby
14-09-2014, 12:47 PM
I assume Cavendish they would be shown as assets in the accounts?

This is a regurgitation of the nonsense that came out years ago. Designed to try and undermine STF. Hands on Hibs should tell you who!

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 12:51 PM
I assume Cavendish they would be shown as assets in the accounts?

This is a regurgitation of the nonsense that came out years ago. Designed to try and undermine STF. Hands on Hibs should tell you who!

They are indeed shown as assets in the balance sheet and aside from the securities for loans no encumbrances or co-ownership is disclosed. From my experience as an auditor I know KPMG will have examined ownership very closely.

But

Who's Cavendish?

oregonhibby
14-09-2014, 12:54 PM
Ah ha! Predictive spelling! Apologies!

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 12:55 PM
Ah ha! Predictive spelling! Apologies!

Don't worry, I've been called worse.

DC_Hibs
14-09-2014, 12:58 PM
It's the old Hibernian FC/Hibernian holdings argument as shown by his post on the holyrood boxing facebook page.

hibbydad
14-09-2014, 12:59 PM
They are indeed shown as assets in the balance sheet and aside from the securities for loans no encumbrances or co-ownership is disclosed. From my experience as an auditor I know KPMG will have examined ownership very closely.

But

Who's Cavendish?

You are totally right Caversham KPMG would never allow EM to be shown on balace sheet as an asset if it was not owned by Hibs. This raises great concerns in my mind re Kano's campaign. Again I say we must deal in facts not rumours and unfounded speculation

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 01:07 PM
You are totally right Caversham KPMG would never allow EM to be shown on balace sheet as an asset if it was not owned by Hibs. This raises great concerns in my mind re Kano's campaign. Again I say we must deal in facts not rumours and unfounded speculation

To be fair, I'm not convinced Paul Kane (never could call him Kano even as a player) is involved with this - I don't think he'd be that stupid.

NW
14-09-2014, 01:09 PM

This is nothing to so with anything linked to SDS or forever Hibernian. This is totally independent of anything else as far as I am concerned. Hands
On Hibs have chosen this route whilst other have opted for different routes. The surveys etc are the best starting point to move to further discussions.

I am keen to see if any evidence re all this

hibbydad
14-09-2014, 01:10 PM
To be fair, I'm not convinced Paul Kane (never could call him Kano even as a player) is involved with this - I don't think he'd be that stupid.

I would hope not Caversham but I did see him with documents and spealing to people outside the east as if he was part of the campaign

southsider
14-09-2014, 01:11 PM
Agreed but the fact is we are, as a football club, in a real mess. Winds of Change ? We were 12 minutes from being bottom or the championship. On a brighter note is was good to see Pat looking so well. Wonder why Jimmy O'rourke was not there. He was ill for a bit but feeling better i heard. Anyone met up with Jim lately ?

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 01:13 PM
Agreed but the fact is we are, as a football club, in a real mess. Winds of Change ? We were 12 minutes from being bottom or the championship. On a brighter note is was good to see Pat looking so well. Wonder why Jimmy O'rourke was not there. He was ill for a bit but feeling better i heard. Anyone met up with Jim lately ?

We are in a mess but rubbish like these leaflets only serves to damage us more.

NW
14-09-2014, 01:20 PM
I would hope not Caversham but I did see him with documents and spealing to people outside the east as if he was part of the campaign

That was paper copies of the SDS survey he was giving out to ask for feedback

Weir7
14-09-2014, 01:23 PM

Instead of slagging him off an internet site. Why don't you do it face to face and discuss things with him. He's a nice lad.

SunshineOnLeith
14-09-2014, 01:32 PM
It's the old Hibernian FC/Hibernian holdings argument as shown by his post on the holyrood boxing facebook page.

I just went and read that, wow. What an idiot.

southsider
14-09-2014, 01:48 PM
I just went and read that, wow. What an idiot.
He is not doing this to wear out old clothes. He is doing this because he believes our club is being run badly. Some of us may agree with his tactics, others not so but we all agree is we are in the poo up to out necks. Buck stops with Petrie.

SunshineOnLeith
14-09-2014, 01:50 PM
He is not doing this to wear out old clothes. He is doing this because he believes our club is being run badly. Some of us may agree with his tactics, others not so but we all agree is we are in the poo up to out necks. Buck stops with Petrie.

His 'tactics' being to post sensationalist lies on the internet in the hope stupid people believe him?

bigwheel
14-09-2014, 01:58 PM

what comments are those?

Weir7
14-09-2014, 02:02 PM
His 'tactics' being to post sensationalist lies on the internet in the hope stupid people believe him?

Speak to them at next home game. Educate them and stupid people to

marinello59
14-09-2014, 02:06 PM

You obviously think you know more about this so why not try to educate the rest of us here. I'd be interested to hear why this stuff is true despite all evidence to the contrary.

HNA7
14-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Instead of slagging him off an internet site. Why don't you do it face to face and discuss things with him. He's a nice lad.

You're going to have to up your game here because you're contributing nothing.

SunshineOnLeith
14-09-2014, 02:09 PM

He's posted lies on the internet, seems logical to me to counter them on the internet.

Weir7
14-09-2014, 02:11 PM
He's posted lies on the internet, seems logical to me to counter them on the internet.

And call him an idiot

SunshineOnLeith
14-09-2014, 02:12 PM
And call him an idiot

Yup.

Weir7
14-09-2014, 02:13 PM

Thanks for advice

easty
14-09-2014, 02:13 PM

Correct. Seems to be trying to turn it into a school playground thing with "dare you to say it to his face" style nonsense.

NW
14-09-2014, 02:14 PM
what comments are those?

Comments I read on the bounce from a Facebook page saying STF trying to sell ER

Weir7
14-09-2014, 02:15 PM
Correct. Seems to be trying to turn it into a school playground thing with "dare you to say it to his face" style nonsense.

You are spot on.

Hes come out publicly with his thoughts and the hibs net experts slag him off behind their keyboards.

SunshineOnLeith
14-09-2014, 02:17 PM
You are spot on.

Hes come out publicly with his thoughts and the hibs net experts slag him off behind their keyboards.

Or:

He's posted malicious lies on the internet and people have slagged him off for it, again on the internet.

matty_f
14-09-2014, 02:20 PM
You are spot on.

Is there anything stopping him coming on here to prove the allegations?

Weir7
14-09-2014, 02:21 PM
Or:

He's posted malicious lies on the internet and people have slagged him off for it, again on the internet.

What lies? Im sure farmer will clear things up.

They were also handing cards out yesterday. Not hiding behind names like "sunshine on leith"

Barney McGrew
14-09-2014, 02:22 PM
You are spot on.

The hibs.net experts have publicly available accounts to back them up. So far, hibileaks has provided a card they handed out before the games with nothing other than that to back up any claims.

Until anything further is provided, it's kind of hard to believe anything more.

Weir7
14-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Is there anything stopping him coming on here to prove the allegations?

Believe it or not hibs net ain't that important. Majority of hibs fans have nothing to do with it.

I wouldn't over state its importance

matty_f
14-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Believe it or not hibs net ain't that important. Majority of hibs fans have nothing to do with it.

I wouldn't over state its importance

Well he won't mind anyone complaining on here then.

Weir7
14-09-2014, 02:25 PM
The hibs.net experts have publicly available accounts to back them up. So far, hibileaks has provided a card they handed out before the games with nothing other than that to back up any claims.

Until anything further is provided, it's kind of hard to believe anything more.

Who knows what information they have. Very experienced campaigners in their group. I wish them luck in their aims.

Weir7
14-09-2014, 02:26 PM
Well he won't mind anyone complaining on here then.

Pass.

easty
14-09-2014, 02:26 PM

They were also handing cards out yesterday. Not hiding behind names like "sunshine on leith"

The motto of your story being what? If you're hard you can make up all the **** that you want?

Weir7
14-09-2014, 02:28 PM
The motto of your story being what? If you're hard you can make up all the **** that you want?

Whats a motto? Who is hard? What has been made up?

Barney McGrew
Who knows what information they have. Very experienced campaigners in their group. I wish them luck in their aims.

Until they make that information public, then they can rightly expect to be challenged given what is available.

And if the information they claim to have have is as big a bombshell as they're making out, then why not make it public?

SunshineOnLeith

"you may or may not know that Hibernian F.C does not own Easter Road Stadium, Tom Farmer's "Hibernian Holdings" does" - Lie.

"Farmer BROKE HIBS UP INTO BITS he put all the realisable assets into HIS HIBERNIAN HOLDINGS Company, Straiton being but just one of many" - Lie, despite the impressive use of upper-case font.

"Hibernian Football Club is paying the Farmer family hundreds of thousands of pounds each year to rent the East Mains Hibernian Training Centre" - Lie.

There's three for you. Franky they're so ridiculous and devoid of any grounding in reality that I hope they're considered no more worthy of a response from the Club than me alleging that Rod Petrie is, in fact, a lizard.

southsider
14-09-2014, 02:32 PM
The old adage was follow the money but with Hibs that is near impossible thanks to dummy companies, holding companies and the like. Even a Philademphia lawyer would struggle. We need clarity. And we need Petrie gone.

The Green Goblin
14-09-2014, 02:33 PM

Thats just it though. Nobody knows what info they claim to have.

If they believe they have credible evidence of something dodgy, then call a meeting or a press conference and present it to people. This silly cloak and dagger stuff doesn't do anyone any favours, most of all them.

SunshineOnLeith
14-09-2014, 02:39 PM
The old adage was follow the money but with Hibs that is near impossible thanks to dummy companies, holding companies and the like. Even a Philademphia lawyer would struggle. We need clarity. And we need Petrie gone.

Hibernian Football Club Ltd owns the stadium and training centre outright.

Hibernian Football Club Ltd does not pay any rent for the use of the stadium or training centre. It's bizarre to even suggest anything else given the company owns them.

It really is that simple.

easty
14-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Whats a motto? Who is hard? What has been made up?

I meant moral not motto.

Jim Herriot
14-09-2014, 02:48 PM
"you may or may not know that Hibernian F.C does not own Easter Road Stadium, Tom Farmer's "Hibernian Holdings" does" - Lie.

"Farmer BROKE HIBS UP INTO BITS he put all the realisable assets into HIS HIBERNIAN HOLDINGS Company, Straiton being but just one of many" - Lie, despite the impressive use of upper-case font.

"Hibernian Football Club is paying the Farmer family hundreds of thousands of pounds each year to rent the East Mains Hibernian Training Centre" - Lie.

There's three for you. Franky they're so ridiculous and devoid of any grounding in reality that I hope they're considered no more worthy of a response from the Club than me alleging that Rod Petrie is, in fact, a lizard.

Just got handed a card alleging that Rod Petrie is, in fact, a lizard.

Well, that's proof enough for me.

:)

southsider
14-09-2014, 02:52 PM

No, he is a snake.

SunshineOnLeith
14-09-2014, 02:54 PM

If there's no proof that Rod Petrie is a lizard it should be simple enough for Farmer and Petrie to come out and tell us.

No smoke without fire.

jdships
14-09-2014, 02:58 PM

Can you provide confirmation re your accusation ?
If so please attend the AGM with that proof and it can then be discussed
Of course STF is a business man , whom I have known personally since he and his father started a tiny tyre business at Abbeyhill , but does that make him dishonest ?
Give us some absolute proof - if you have it

:rolleyes:

Gus Fring
14-09-2014, 03:01 PM
If there's no proof that Rod Petrie is a lizard it should be simple enough for Farmer and Petrie to come out and tell us.

No smoke without fire.

Unless it's a smoke bomb.

Peevemor
14-09-2014, 03:07 PM

" Farmer" doesn't have to clear things up. Hibs publish audited accounts every year which prove that these insinuations are no more than scurrilous pish.

Are you capable of understanding that or are you going to continue to stir the ***** with almost every post you make on this board?

hibs4thecup1988
14-09-2014, 03:27 PM
If we were paying the figure I was told about last night to Farmers company then it would go some way to explaining why we haven't produced anything since East Mains opened.

MSK
14-09-2014, 03:33 PM
If we were paying the figure I was told about last night to Farmers company then it would go some way to explaining why we haven't produced anything since East Mains opened.What figure ?

hibs4thecup1988
14-09-2014, 03:34 PM
What figure ?

I got told £600,000 a year.

Not putting my opinion over, because I think my opinion of East Mains is well known.

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 03:35 PM

98% of the club's shares is owned by HFC Holdings Ltd, the other 2% is owned by fans in general.

10% of HFC Holdings Ltd is owned by Rod Petrie, the rest is under the control of Sir Tom Farmer. The structure that makes up that 90% is irrelevant to the club.

Not that difficult and I've never even been to Philademphia.

Peevemor
14-09-2014, 03:36 PM
If we were paying the figure I was told about last night to Farmers company then it would go some way to explaining why we haven't produced anything since East Mains opened.

Where is this "figure" coming from? It can't be the football club or it would show in the accounts. It can't be disguised as something else (eg. wages) as it wouldn't get past the auditors.

There seems to be people claiming to be "in the know" who in reality know the square root of sod all.

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 03:36 PM

Not putting my opinion over, because I think my opinion of East Mains is well known.

Who told you that?

They were wrong.

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 03:39 PM

It's certainly more believable than some of the pish that's appearing on this thread.

hibs4thecup1988
14-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Who told you that?

They were wrong.

A close friend. And he said that group in question had "proof" that will come out in the next 2 weeks. Guess we will wait and see

Mikey
14-09-2014, 03:41 PM
A close friend. And he said that group in question had "proof" that will come out in the next 2 weeks. Guess we will wait and see

Why 2 weeks? Why not now?

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2014, 03:42 PM
98% of the club's shares is owned by HFC Holdings Ltd, the other 2% is owned by fans in general.

10% of HFC Holdings Ltd is owned by Rod Petrie, the rest is under the control of Sir Tom Farmer. The structure that makes up that 90% is irrelevant to the club.

:tee hee:

If this lot had ANY evidence they'd be singing from the nearest rooftop.

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 03:42 PM

I predict that if they have any proof at all it does not come from the 21st century.

MSK
14-09-2014, 03:45 PM
A close friend. And he said that group in question had "proof" that will come out in the next 2 weeks. Guess we will wait and seeBut the accounts posted on this thread are the truth so what is there to "come out" in two weeks ?...:confused:

**** ..this is better than Eastenders !!!

PolmontHibby
14-09-2014, 03:47 PM

Let me give you a choice:

£24,000 in the KPMG audited financial statements (rent/leases have to be legally disclosed....as do transactions to related parties)
£600,000 is a figure you got told last night by someone???

With no disrespect to your informant.....I know which figure I believe.
And if anyone has any proof to the contrary they can report it somewhere better than on this forum or on a laminated card.

hibs4thecup1988
14-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Not got the effort to quote you all...

But I am just saying what I have heard. He maybe heard it as hearsay - but maybe he didn't.

I have gone over the accounts of 2012-13 and it doesnt say we own East Mains, also doesnt say we rent them either mind you.

We will see if anything happens.

Viva_Palmeiras

For the hard of thinking like me can you explain the rationale behind that ?

bigwheel
After reading the details , I think Brad and his buddies have been duped on this one ...someone has fed them duff info ...

oregonhibby
14-09-2014, 03:50 PM
Even I could spell Philadelphia correctly. I think the people behind this should put all these facts in an open letter and personally sign it.

Why wait for 2 weeks? If they have the proof, publish and be dammed or sued!

hibs4thecup1988
14-09-2014, 03:52 PM
For the hard of thinking like me can you explain the rationale behind that ?

That we are giving £600k out every year, and instead of spending that on producing our talent that we were we are spending it on East Mains?

To produce ZERO in 7 years worth any note is ridiculous when we have the best training academy in Scotland.

Argue that if you wish.

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 03:55 PM

But I am just saying what I have heard. He maybe heard it as hearsay - but maybe he didn't.

I have gone over the accounts of 2012-13 and it doesnt say we own East Mains, also doesnt say we rent them either mind you.

Have another look.

Note 9 on page 14 tells us that the training centre is included in Tangible Fixed Assets at a valuation of £5,450,000. If the club didn't own it that valuation would not be there.

PolmontHibby
14-09-2014, 03:56 PM

Note 9: Fixed Assets
The Hibernian Training Centre is independently valued at £5.45 million and included as an asset in the financial statements of "The Hibernian Football Club Limited".

1. East Mains is an owned asset of THFCL
2. There are no significant rents or other leases

bigwheel
14-09-2014, 03:57 PM
That we are giving £600k out every year, and instead of spending that on producing our talent that we were we are spending it on East Mains?

To produce ZERO in 7 years worth any note is ridiculous when we have the best training academy in Scotland.

Argue that if you wish.

So what's your point ? Close the academy ? Because if that's your improvement plan - count me out !

southsider
14-09-2014, 03:57 PM

And they are such a good job. We were only 12 minutes from being bottom of the championship for God's sake. I don't care what the structure is we need them gone. I care about MY club they do not.

hibs4thecup1988
14-09-2014, 03:58 PM
Have another look.

Note 9 on page 14 tells us that the training centre is included in Tangible Fixed Assets at a valuation of £5,450,000. If the club didn't own it that valuation would not be there.

Hold my hands up to that.

As I say previously, I am not on anyones side. IF it is NOT true the club will no doubt release a statement on Monday you would imagine.

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 03:58 PM
And they are such a good job. We were only 12 minutes from being bottom of the championship for God's sake. I don't care what the structure is we need them gone. I care about MY club they do not.

Which is a completely different argument.

hibs4thecup1988
14-09-2014, 04:01 PM
So what's your point ? Close the academy ? Because if that's your improvement plan - count me out !

Did I say that??? I am saying that could be a reason if the £600k figure was right.

Maybe the finance gurus could confirm if I am wrong...but if you owned a business and paying a mortgage on premises would this be shown on the balance sheet as an asset still?

And who knows...maybe the link up with Spartans is to get away from East Mains?? Under 20s games are already being moved and I believe the younger age groups are training or meeting up at Spartans now - as are the first team.

oregonhibby

As I say previously, I am not on anyones side. IF it is NOT true the club will no doubt release a statement on Monday you would imagine.

Why it is clear in the annual report?

Why the capital letters? Do you print stuff?

Caversham Green

They really shouldn't have to release any statements about this nonsense, the annual financial statements speak for themselves.

hibs4thecup1988
14-09-2014, 04:03 PM
They really shouldn't have to release any statements about this nonsense, the annual financial statements speak for themselves.

But if the leaflets or cards are lies or wrong then I am certain the club will want to ridicule this. Not everybody has access to the financial reports. It is slander on the club/STF

Peevemor
14-09-2014, 04:03 PM

Why should they? This is just the latest addition to the long list of unfounded accusations to be slung at STF, RP et al.

I'm not defending them, but make stuff up and you lose credibility.

therealgavmac
14-09-2014, 04:06 PM

That's the coffee on the keyboard..... thanks for the laugh CG :aok:

carnoustiehibee
14-09-2014, 04:06 PM
But if the leaflets or cards are lies or wrong then I am certain the club will want to ridicule this. Not everybody has access to the financial reports. It is slander on the club/STF

Has Simon Pia got anything to do with this? I'm sure he mentioned it on twitter when the 3.5m bid went in a few weeks back

Heisenberg
14-09-2014, 04:07 PM
What a load of pish.

Gus Fring
14-09-2014, 04:08 PM
And who knows...maybe the link up with Spartans is to get away from East Mains??

It's not. It's to give us a transition academy

Under 20s games are already being moved

They have been moved from Livingston so nothing to do with East Mains. His couldn't play u20 matches at East Mains even if they wanted to as it doesn't meet the requirements.

I believe the younger age groups are training or meeting up at Spartans now

That's because Spartans is the transition academy. Thats what Spartans do, they providing training facilities and coaching for youngsters.

as are the first team.

We trained there before Alloa and Hamilton because those matches were to be played on artificial surfaces and using Spartans allowed the team an opportunity to get used to it

Jack
14-09-2014, 04:12 PM

When was the last time the club responded to allegations like this?

They haven't that I can remember and I can't see things changing this time.

Gus Fring
14-09-2014, 04:15 PM

Everyone does have access to the financial reports, they are in the public domain. Sorry to be blunt but anyone believing this is just a gullible fool.

If Hibs issued a statement in response to every thread on here or every numpty who decides to say something they'd need to hire about 20 writers just to keep up.

It's nonsense that's been categorically proven as being so. There's plenty of evidence to prove it's nonsense and absolutely none to back up the spurious claims.

hibs4thecup1988
14-09-2014, 04:16 PM
Everyone does have access to the financial reports, they are in the public domain. Sorry to be blunt but anyone believing this is just a gullible fool.

If Hibs issued a statement in response to every thread on here or every numpty who decides to say something they'd need to hire about 20 writers just to keep up.

It's nonsense that's been categorically proven as being so. There's plenty of evidence to prove it's nonsense and absolutely none to back up the spurious claims.

:aok:

bigwheel
14-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Did I say that??? I am saying that could be a reason if the £600k figure was right.

Maybe the finance gurus could confirm if I am wrong...but if you owned a business and paying a mortgage on premises would this be shown on the balance sheet as an asset still?

And who knows...maybe the link up with Spartans is to get away from East Mains?? Under 20s games are already being moved and I believe the younger age groups are training or meeting up at Spartans now - as are the first team.

No it's not...it's simply to create better integrated youth development....

Dashing Bob S
14-09-2014, 04:37 PM
The club don't really need to do anything to respond, as its all in the accounts. To be all snooty and legal about it would be to put themselves in the position of alienating fans, who might have got it wrong, but who care about the club.

PolmontHibby
14-09-2014, 04:37 PM

Everybody does have access to the financial reports.....but having just wasted £2 to download and have a look at them after reading the rubbish on the flyer I received yesterday someone should give me a refund.

It wont be the Holding Company giving me the refund though.....it doesn't own the Stadium like the flyer says (the football club does as most of us already knew), and its total annual income is the grand total of £24k rent a year.

Baldy Foghorn
14-09-2014, 04:40 PM

Is that not what our wonderful PR advisor is for......Oh wait.......

DarlingtonHibee
14-09-2014, 04:57 PM

Was not at the game.

Can somebody explain to me who the people are that are making these allegations ?

CropleyWasGod
14-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Everybody does have access to the financial reports.....but having just wasted £2 to download and have a look at them after reading the rubbish on the flyer I received yesterday someone should give me a refund.

It wont be the Holding Company giving me the refund though.....it doesn't own the Stadium like the flyer says (the football club does as most of us already knew), and its total annual income is the grand total of £24k rent a year.

You could have saved yourself £2 by looking in the vault on here. :greengrin

Keith_M
14-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Was not at the game.

Can somebody explain to me who the people are that are making these allegations ?

I thnk it's the CCS. They're considering a takeover. They're making an offer Rod Petrie couldn't possibly refuse.

:wink:

Blaster
14-09-2014, 05:07 PM
I think it's been said before that it costs around £500k to run east mains per annum. Is that not where the confusion is?

SunshineOnLeith
14-09-2014, 05:31 PM
If the club are going to start issuing responses to made up nonsense you can all get in line behind me, I demand answers, is Rod Petrie a LIZARD?

Jack
14-09-2014, 05:43 PM

Nope, I don't think so.

As I said before I can't think of any time the club has replied to such spurious claims, nor can I think of any organisation that would unless its been through the courts.

Given there's probably no money behind the people making these claims that's not going to happen either.

Iain G
14-09-2014, 07:05 PM
If the club are going to start issuing responses to made up nonsense you can all get in line behind me, I demand answers, is Rod Petrie a LIZARD?

Is he a lizard? I keep getting told he is the elephant in the room? Is that a type of lizard?

Jonnyboy
14-09-2014, 07:07 PM

I doubt the club will respond but I can't see STF allowing these guys away with what they are saying about him

Gus Fring
14-09-2014, 07:17 PM
Is he a lizard? I keep getting told he is the elephant in the room? Is that a type of lizard?

Lizards are hairless creatures, so how do you explain the moustache?DAMNIT WE NEED ANSWERS!

oregonhibby
14-09-2014, 07:22 PM
I agree. Could be expensive and those repeating a libel should know that is a libel too!

jdships
14-09-2014, 07:52 PM

Why should they?
Do you have one shred of evidence ?
You , I et al can check the accounts by right

:na na::blah:

southsider
14-09-2014, 07:55 PM
Well i heard a story last night from a guy i respect. When PK met STF and was invited to sit. STF stood up and said "where is your money ? Show me your *****ing money" PK left.

oregonhibby
14-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Aye right. Was he there or is that covered by confidentiality?

In fact I was told by someone that I respect that there was no confidentiality agreement.

southsider
14-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Aye right. Was he there or is that covered by confidentiality?
No idea, was just passing on what i was told. The guy is Hibs through and through and has no reason to lie. He may well be wrong but i, for one, believe him.

bigwheel
14-09-2014, 08:32 PM
Well i heard a story last night from a guy i respect. When PK met STF and was invited to sit. STF stood up and said "where is your money ? Show me your *****ing money" PK left.

Jeez , Is there anything about Tom Farmer, that would make you think this is remotely true.....

Gus Fring
14-09-2014, 08:34 PM

Which one of the meetings did this occur at? Did your friend say?

Jack
14-09-2014, 08:36 PM
Why should they?
Do you have one shred of evidence ?
You , I et al can check the accounts by right

:na na::blah:

I think you may have misunderstood my meaning, I don't think they should, there is no evidence, I've seen and had the accounts explained to me :-)

southsider
14-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Jeez , Is there anything about Tom Farmer, that would make you think this is remotely true.....
Yes, the man is so twisted he needs to sleep in a cork-screw bed.

southsider
14-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Which one of the meetings did this occur at? Did your friend say?
Sorry, that i do not know. But, as i said he is not a guy to make stuff up. Believe me or believe me not, the bottom line is Hibs were 12 minutes from being bottom of the championship. This cannot go on. If you own shares please come to the AGM and give support to my motion for Petrie to stand down.

Golden Bear
14-09-2014, 08:51 PM
The more I read of these ridiculous lies about STF then the more I'm thankful that he's there to safeguard the future interests of the Club.

Peevemor
14-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Sorry, that i do not know. But, as i said he is not a guy to make stuff up. Believe me or believe me not, the bottom line is Hibs were 12 minutes from being bottom of the championship. This cannot go on. If you own shares please come to the AGM and give support to my motion for Petrie to stand down.

And what difference is that going to make?

JimBHibees
14-09-2014, 08:53 PM

Making that up aren't you.

JimBHibees
14-09-2014, 08:58 PM

Nail on head. Shameful.

Gus Fring
14-09-2014, 09:03 PM

It's difficult to believe anyone on an internet forum that says "A friend told me" and doesn't have any other evidence and who also didn't seem to question said friend any further when he allegedly found out the owner of the club he supports is a nutter.

The real bottom line is Hibs were 12 days (probably) from ceasing to exist all together and Sir Tom Farmer saved us, without him there wouldn't be a Hibs at all.

If the people behind these kind of malicious rumours are the kind of people who want to run our club then you can count me out.

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 09:30 PM

You should ask at the AGM whether that's true or not.

schinkenotto
14-09-2014, 09:37 PM
It's difficult to believe anyone on an internet forum that says "A friend told me" and doesn't have any other evidence and who also didn't seem to question said friend any further when he allegedly found out the owner of the club he supports is a nutter.

The real bottom line is Hibs were 12 days (probably) from ceasing to exist all together and Sir Tom Farmer saved us, without him there wouldn't be a Hibs at all.

If the people behind these kind of malicious rumours are the kind of people who want to run our club then you can count me out.
Got it in one.I think the Club is a shambles at the moment,but if the future is to be in the hands of people,who can't read Company Accounts and feel that STF should answer ignorant and defamatory statements,just because they have thought them up without any foundation,after 56 years of supporting Hibs through thick and thin,it'll be time for me to move on.Hibs class?

Lucius Apuleius
14-09-2014, 09:37 PM
We were also about a minute from not being relegated.

Criswell
14-09-2014, 09:43 PM
(Quote) "The real bottom line is Hibs were 12 days (probably) from ceasing to exist all together and Sir Tom Farmer saved us, without him there wouldn't be a Hibs at all."

This is amazing! I don't think that has ever been mentioned before!

Gus Fring
14-09-2014, 09:48 PM
That is amazing! I don't think that has ever been mentioned before!

The reason it's been mentioned many times is because it's true and is a major part of our history

East Mains was completed in 2007, funny that this is the first we're hearing about STF apparently doing something underhand with it all these years? From people who have an ulterior motive too.

HFC 0-7
14-09-2014, 09:48 PM

Can you own a property but not the land it sits on?

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 09:54 PM
Can you own a property but not the land it sits on?

Not really, the land registration covers every permanent fixture that's on the land. In any case any arrangement like that would be have to be fully disclosed in the accounts.

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 09:56 PM
(Quote) "The real bottom line is Hibs were 12 days (probably) from ceasing to exist all together and Sir Tom Farmer saved us, without him there wouldn't be a Hibs at all."

This is amazing! I don't think that has ever been mentioned before!

It's mentioned nearly as often as accusations of STF ripping us off are made, and usually on the same thread.

Funny that.

Danderhall Hibs
14-09-2014, 09:56 PM
Was it the op that started the "hibileaks" or the campaign group?

The Green Goblin
14-09-2014, 09:57 PM
They'll either have evidence or they won't. When their bluff is called and they fail to produce it, they will be a busted flush.

Caversham Green
14-09-2014, 10:00 PM
They'll either have evidence or they won't. When their bluff is called and they fail to produce it, they will be a busted flush.

The problem is that it's out there now and the hard of thinking will continue to believe it regardless of what evidence is produced. You can see them on this thread.

Criswell
14-09-2014, 10:02 PM
The reason it's been mentioned many times is because it's true and is a major part of our history

East Mains was completed in 2007, funny that this is the first we're hearing about STF apparently doing something underhand with it all these years? From people who have an ulterior motive too.

Many times? It seems to me it is chanted ad nauseum by the devoted acolytes in the temple to the Great Saviour

Gus Fring
14-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Many times? It seems to me it is chanted ad nauseum by the devoted acolytes in the temple to the Great Saviour

I do apologise, we were nearly beaten yesterday so I should resort to just making up utter drivel about the owner of our club instead shall I?

Let me ask you this, if these people will lie about the current owner to get him out of the way, what will suddenly make them trustworthy enough to safeguard our clubs future?

Even if they aren't lying, even if they actually believe this stuff to be true, they are still demonstrably wrong and have proven they are not any better than the man currently in charge.

I ask this: Will we see a statement from the people who spread this misinformation tomorrow - since they are inaccurate - offering an apology? I doubt it.

hibee_nation
14-09-2014, 10:26 PM
All we need now for a full house is one of them to ask what happened to the car park money :hnet:

Criswell
14-09-2014, 10:30 PM
I do apologise, we were nearly beaten yesterday so I should resort to just making up utter drivel about the owner of our club instead shall I?

Let me ask you this, if these people will lie about the current owner to get him out of the way, what will suddenly make them trustworthy enough to safeguard our clubs future?

Even if they aren't lying, even if they actually believe this stuff to be true, they are still demonstrably wrong and have proven they are not any better than the man currently in charge.

I ask this: Will we see a statement from the people who spread this misinformation tomorrow - since they are inaccurate - offering an apology? I doubt it.

I too used to be a believer, with the passage of time I began to become more sceptical. Call me a heretic if you want. The bottom line for me is that the Farmer/Petrie model just is not working!

Turkish Green
14-09-2014, 10:32 PM
How long do you have to keep repeating an untruth for it to become true?

why would I put trust in anyone who would resort to spreading untruths as a way of discrediting STF.

CropleyWasGod
14-09-2014, 10:33 PM
I too used to be a believer, with the passage of time I began to come more sceptical. Call me a heretic if you want. The bottom line for me is that the Farmer/Petrie model just is not working!

I don't think there are many who would disagree with you.

However, (presses play button on tape recorder) we won't get rid of them by spreading malicious agenda-led rubbish.

SunshineOnLeith
14-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Lizards are hairless creatures, so how do you explain the moustache?DAMNIT WE NEED ANSWERS!

I've got no evidence but there's no smoke without fire.

Dragons breathe fire.

Dragons are like LIZARDS.

We will NOT stand for this.

Iain G
14-09-2014, 11:42 PM

Sure your mate hadn't just been watching Jerry Maguire that night? :greengrin

There is striking resemblence between STF and Cuba Gooding Jnr afterall...

Iain G
14-09-2014, 11:43 PM

You keep saying this, the fact is we did win the game, it just sounds like you are upset that we won...:confused:

Centre Hawf
15-09-2014, 02:48 AM
FFS is Rod a Lizard or no?

Iain G
15-09-2014, 03:31 AM
FFS is Rod a Lizard or no?

He is a lizard, in a blizard, with Eddie Izzard and he is probably a wizard....

IanM
15-09-2014, 04:58 AM
Was it the op that started the "hibileaks" or the campaign group?

Haha, most definitely not. When I was handed the card in the pub I read it out to the boys and a bloke on the next table said it was 'common knowledge' altho none of us had heard it before. Hence why I asked

Danderhall Hibs
15-09-2014, 05:11 AM
Haha, most definitely not. When I was handed the card in the pub I read it out to the boys and a bloke on the next table said it was 'common knowledge' altho none of us had heard it before. Hence why I asked

Sorry mate - I didn't word my question very well. Are they calling themselves hibileaks or is that the name you've given them?

IanM
15-09-2014, 05:27 AM
Sorry mate - I didn't word my question very well. Are they calling themselves hibileaks or is that the name you've given them?

I probably misread your post, stil rather early!

Hands on Hibs it looks like but they've got two hashtags of #hibileaks and #handsonhibs both of which don't seem to have much activity on Twitter!

IanM
15-09-2014, 05:29 AM

Other side

Keith_M
15-09-2014, 06:00 AM
I don't think there are many who would disagree with you.

However, (presses play button on tape recorder) we won't get rid of them by spreading malicious agenda-led rubbish.

A guy in a Pub told me, hand on heart, that this is your Handbag.

Could you please confirm or deny!!

bigwheel
15-09-2014, 07:30 AM
Yes, the man is so twisted he needs to sleep in a cork-screw bed.

Ah , so it's make believe around your agenda . I wouldn't defend Farmer as a perfect owner - far from it , but to make up stories that have no relation to the character of the man, make your points laughable

Pretty Boy
15-09-2014, 07:54 AM

What kind of person hides behind a name on the internet Weir7?

CropleyWasGod
15-09-2014, 08:35 AM
I probably misread your post, stil rather early!

Hands on Hibs it looks like but they've got two hashtags of #hibileaks and #handsonhibs both of which don't seem to have much activity on Twitter!

As far as I can see, their only activity is people asking them to back up their story.

Baldy Foghorn
15-09-2014, 08:39 AM

Having spoken to someone who attended the initial meeting, what you were told is simply not true......

JoeT_WasTheBest
15-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Having spoken to someone who attended the initial meeting, what you were told is simply not true......

Aye but do you respect the guy or not Baldy?

NAE NOOKIE
15-09-2014, 04:41 PM

Not in my eyes WSM ....... but much as I have stated my opinion about him on here, I also want people who say STF is fleecing the club to make these statements at the same time as they present the evidence for it.

Why waste money printing leaflets and waste time handing them out when a 5 minute chat with the EEN would get you half the back page with a story like this .......... unless you had utterly no evidence of course.

Viva_Palmeiras
15-09-2014, 06:43 PM
#hibiLeaks

Interesting headline grabbing name if spelled incorrectly but I get it.
Have the claims been proven and has the HOH usage been run past any of the founders of that esteemed organisation to at least ask if they approved? If they are not HOH but use it to give credence to the claims/initiative that's a bit offside...

Until these questions are cleared up it's not worth the energy IMO. This drip feeding is juvenile, damaging and serves no meaningful purpose I can see other than self gratification.

patch1875
15-09-2014, 06:56 PM
He is a lizard, in a blizard, with Eddie Izzard and he is probably a wizard....

He's a wizards sleeve.

Brightside
06-10-2014, 02:01 PM
I've just seen a letter sent by HoH to the Board of Hibs stating "on behalf of all Hibernian fans" If anyone from HoH is on here can you please cease and desist. You have no madate from me or many 1000s of hibs fans.

IanM
06-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Handed a letter into Hibernian today

Hopefully it's attached to this post..

They have a meeting scheduled for Wed 8 October at voodoo rooms.. It's on Facebook so I'll try get it uploaded

IanM
06-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Hopefully pics attached

khib70
06-10-2014, 02:10 PM
I've just seen a letter sent by HoH to the Board of Hibs stating "on behalf of all Hibernian fans" If anyone from HoH is on here can you please cease and desist. You have no madate from me or many 1000s of hibs fans.
:top marks Fed up with self-appointed "voices of the fans".

MrSmith
06-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Fair enough, think its time for some positive non-violent nor abusive action!

southsider
06-10-2014, 02:48 PM
:top marks Fed up with self-appointed "voices of the fans".

At least the guy is trying to do something rather than moaning and doing nothing. If we all acted like that 23 years ago we would have went under. Only pressure and fan activity saved us from hell.

bingo70
06-10-2014, 02:51 PM
I don't think they should have claimed to have spoken on behalf of all hibs fans but I'd still be interested to hear the club's response regarding the questions they've raised.

Gus Fring
06-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Paul Kane claimed to have the backing of 95% of Hibs Fans. These guys claim to represent all Hibs fans. I dont recall ever been asked my opinion by either group!

More to the point this Hibileaks mob claimed they were going to present evidence proving we were paying Farmer for East Mains. Has anyone seen this evidence? They said it would be 2 weeks and that was more than 2 weeks ago. Where is this evidence? Many were saying they wouldn't be able to say these things if they weren't able to back it up. Now they've moved on to the next stage without telling us what they plan on doing.

khib70
06-10-2014, 03:06 PM
At least the guy is trying to do something rather than moaning and doing nothing. If we all acted like that 23 years ago we would have went under. Only pressure and fan activity saved us from hell.
Firstly, he's got no right at all to claim to speak on behalf of all of us. Secondly, this stuff has been punted about for months now, and we've yet to see a shred of evidence to back it up. There's no comparison between this and 1990/the real HoH. At that time anyone opposing the Mercer takeover bid could have quite legitimately claimed to speak for all Hibs fans. And the Mercer bid was a fact, not a random assertion backed up by reams of leaflets, but not one single piece of hard evidence.

This is attention-seeking pure and simple. Not in my name.

jacomo
06-10-2014, 03:12 PM

Really? Who is the guy? Seems he's not even willing to put his own name to a letter... I am not sure how he expects the club to respond?

Why is it that every approach to STF so far has either been underfunded, anonymous, from a Celtc fan, or just plain weird?

pentlando
06-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Sorry I'm a bit confused by the letter. It states in one paragraph Tom Farmer saved Hibernian for the community. In another that he has promised to pass ownership to the community. Is that true? Two very different statements and i think the latter may be wrong.

ancient hibee
06-10-2014, 04:12 PM
The letter is pathetic.

Peevemor
06-10-2014, 05:56 PM
The letter is pathetic.

FranckSuzy
06-10-2014, 06:22 PM
I don't think they should have claimed to have spoken on behalf of all hibs fans but I'd still be interested to hear the club's response regarding the questions they've raised.

:agree: I'd also like to hear the club's response to the 'Fans Consultation' that they undertook recently............

Wighty76
06-10-2014, 08:24 PM
The letter is pathetic.

Its also poorly written. There should be a question mark at the end of the second paragraph.

offshorehibby
06-10-2014, 09:31 PM
:agree: I'd also like to hear the club's response to the 'Fans Consultation' that they undertook recently............

LD also said she had her own ideas regarding a model to be used but would wait till after the 3 recent meetings and the fan consultation were published. She alluded to taking bits from some of the different models and and creating something unique for Hibs.

I wouldn't bet against something being said at the AGM

ALF TUPPER
06-10-2014, 09:48 PM
The scribe isn't writing on my behalf - thanks very much.

Who are you ?

FranckSuzy
06-10-2014, 11:04 PM
LD also said she had her own ideas regarding a model to be used but would wait till after the 3 recent meetings and the fan consultation were published. She alluded to taking bits from some of the different models and and creating something unique for Hibs.

And I wonder when that will be? It was on the first of October last year......

greenginger
06-10-2014, 11:10 PM
And I wonder when that will be? It was on the first of October last year......

And no requirement for our 2014 accounts to be published before 30/4/2015.

We might wait a while.

FranckSuzy
06-10-2014, 11:12 PM
And no requirement for our 2014 accounts to be published before 30/4/2015.

We might wait a while.

:rolleyes: :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
07-10-2014, 05:36 AM

She said on the radio on Saturday she was hoping to get the results out by early this week at the latest.

So that's today.

silverhibee
07-10-2014, 10:52 AM

In her interview on Saturday she said the fans consultation they done that they would post there findings about over the weekend and if not defo Monday.

Still waiting.

silverhibee
07-10-2014, 10:53 AM
She said on the radio on Saturday she was hoping to get the results out by early this week at the latest.

So that's today.

She did say over the weekend or Monday at the latest.

Bad Martini
07-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Why would an (old) man with more than £170m to his name need to make a "quick buck" or "few quid" from a Scottish fitba team, risking the ruin of his lifelong work as a philanthropist, the loss of his reputation and potentially catastrophic effects on his chances of entering the Kingdom when he shuffles of this mortal coil, an avid church goer and man of good character, albeit not to everyone's liking when it comes to handing over more of his own loot to the football club?

I can see it right enough.

73 years old, unlikely to begin to start to think about considering spending even a 10th of what he has amassed already yet, out to make a few quid of the Hibs :rolleyes:

**** knows how I missed all this before :rolleyes:

Hud on, I know how I missed all this before :aok:

Danderhall Hibs
07-10-2014, 01:27 PM
She did say over the weekend or Monday at the latest.

Cheers. I started doubting myself so gave her the benefit if the doubt and added a day.

Pedantic_Hibee
07-10-2014, 02:43 PM
That letter isn't in my name. Pathetic.

silverhibee
07-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Cheers. I started doubting myself so gave her the benefit if the doubt and added a day.

Might have to add another one by the looks of things. :greengrin

matty_f
07-10-2014, 03:30 PM
Might have to add another one by the looks of things. :greengrin

I was expecting to read it yesterday. Still no sign of it today.

About the only thing Hibs are getting right at the minute is the unrelenting ability to shoot themselves in the foot. I can't think of anything we've done recently that has been remotely impressive. We've managed to turn sorting out the back room staff into a negative "too many coaches/what do sports scientists even do?" Etc, we've apparently turned season ticket seats into stairs without telling the owners, we've announced sponsorship for the happy Hibby draw but made it difficult to find a vendor to actually buy a ticket, there's the worst home strip I can remember, destroying the feel good factor of pumping the Rangers by screwing up against Raith, telling the fans we'll have a look at supporter representation on the board after an election process then approaching someone to do it without any process at all, telling us we'll have info out by Monday then not having it at Tuesday tea time, there's supposed to be a presence on here which hasn't materialised.

Shambles is being kind, and that's without considering results and league placings.

The Green Goblin
07-10-2014, 04:29 PM

About the only thing Hibs are getting right at the minute is the unrelenting ability to shoot themselves in the foot. I can't think of anything we've done recently that has been remotely impressive. We've managed to turn sorting out the back room staff into a negative "too many coaches/what do sports scientists even do?" Etc, we've apparently turned season ticket seats into stairs without telling the owners, we've announced sponsorship for the happy Hibby draw but made it difficult to find a vendor to actually buy a ticket, there's the worst home strip I can remember, destroying the feel good factor of pumping the Rangers by screwing up against Raith, telling the fans we'll have a look at supporter representation on the board after an election process then approaching someone to do it without any process at all, telling us we'll have info out by Monday then not having it at Tuesday tea time, there's supposed to be a presence on here which hasn't materialised.

Shambles is being kind, and that's without considering results and league placings.

Strong words from you Matty. I think it`s fair to say that you are usually someone who tries to look on the positive side of things where Hibs are concerned, so even though it`s clear there are big problems at the club, it`s pretty worrying to hear that from you. :agree:

bingo70
07-10-2014, 04:42 PM

I still cannae believe Danny handling got a 4 year deal.

matty_f
07-10-2014, 04:48 PM
Strong words from you Matty. I think it`s fair to say that you are usually someone who tries to look on the positive side of things where Hibs are concerned, so even though it`s clear there are big problems at the club, it`s pretty worrying to hear that from you. :agree:

I've been fairly appalled at most things Hibernian for a while. I generally do look for the positives but it's increasingly difficult to see past the significant failings that are almost universal across the club.

I'm sure there's lots of good things happening but for whatever reason we are still moving backwards and all we are getting is empty words and rhetoric from the club.

It's on basic things as well, I manage a small team at my work and I'd be mortified if we were getting as much as wrong as Hibs are. I don't see any excuse or reason for it.

The season ticket draws are an example, I know a winner of the centre circle prize. He was supposed to have a meal with (IIRC) Terry Butcher and Pat Stanton at Easter Road (I believe it was meant to be on the pitch). Now clearly with Butcher tending to his shrubs that prize wasn't going to happen so instead he was asked along to Stanton's birthday celebration before the Cowdenbeath game. Instead of having the opportunity to chat with the manager and a club legend, he ended up at a table with the other winners with no interaction with any players/staff.
A very good prize turned into a disappointment, which is a shame.

The club to this day have still to respond to our email after relegation.

We still wait on Leeann Dempster's first post despite her clear assurance that she'd get online and get engaged with the support. That wasn't a sound bite taken out of context, I was sat three chairs from her when she said it.

I reckon I could do an essay on where and how we're going wrong, but I also reckon it'd be an absolutely pointless exercise.

matty_f
07-10-2014, 04:49 PM

He's hardly kicked a ball since! If you can't get a game in this Hibs side you've no chance!

ancient hibee
07-10-2014, 06:15 PM

There aren't too many coaches-who doesn't know what a sports scientist does?-there's more empty seats than you can shake a stick at so plenty room-I can't keep happy Hibby vendors away-the strip is nothing like as bad as the purple with white sleeves(worn once I think)-we didn't screw up against Raith -we just weren't good enough(isn't that obvious by now?)which person has been approached to be a fans rep on the board?there's been no agreement on how an election would be organised-wasn't it "hope to have it out by early next week"?a presence on here-who cares.

Moaner:greengrin

silverhibee
07-10-2014, 06:37 PM
There aren't too many coaches-who doesn't know what a sports scientist does?-there's more empty seats than you can shake a stick at so plenty room-I can't keep happy Hibby vendors away-the strip is nothing like as bad as the purple with white sleeves(worn once I think)-we didn't screw up against Raith -we just weren't good enough(isn't that obvious by now?)which person has been approached to be a fans rep on the board?there's been no agreement on how an election would be organised-wasn't it "hope to have it out by early next week"?a presence on here-who cares.

Moaner:greengrin

Not what she said.

"hope to have it out over the weekend if not then Monday at the latest" were her words.

She also said she would use fan forums to engage with the fans. :rolleyes:

I will let Matty reply to the other points in your post.

silverhibee
07-10-2014, 06:40 PM
Is there no where from the BBC Sportsound where we can listen to the interview from Leeann at the weekend, is it not recorded or something like that.

Danderhall Hibs
08-10-2014, 05:40 AM
Is there no where from the BBC Sportsound where we can listen to the interview from Leeann at the weekend, is it not recorded or something like that.

Might be on iplayer radio? Must've been 215-230 on Saturday.

Danderhall Hibs
08-10-2014, 05:42 AM
Great posts from Matthew. When you see it like that it doesn't read well at all.

WHUHibs
08-10-2014, 07:53 AM
I've been fairly appalled at most things Hibernian for a while. I generally do look for the positives but it's increasingly difficult to see past the significant failings that are almost universal across the club.

I'm sure there's lots of good things happening but for whatever reason we are still moving backwards and all we are getting is empty words and rhetoric from the club.

It's on basic things as well, I manage a small team at my work and I'd be mortified if we were getting as much as wrong as Hibs are. I don't see any excuse or reason for it.

The season ticket draws are an example, I know a winner of the centre circle prize. He was supposed to have a meal with (IIRC) Terry Butcher and Pat Stanton at Easter Road (I believe it was meant to be on the pitch). Now clearly with Butcher tending to his shrubs that prize wasn't going to happen so instead he was asked along to Stanton's birthday celebration before the Cowdenbeath game. Instead of having the opportunity to chat with the manager and a club legend, he ended up at a table with the other winners with no interaction with any players/staff.

We still wait on Leeann Dempster's first post despite her clear assurance that she'd get online and get engaged with the support. That wasn't a sound bite taken out of context, I was sat three chairs from her when she said it.

I reckon I could do an essay on where and how we're going wrong, but I also reckon it'd be an absolutely pointless exercise.

Matty, perhaps this won't mean a lot to many people but it did me and probably supports your point in how the club is developing.

LD approached me to help develop a sales and marketing strategy in the wake of Russell going and said it would be a good time for restructure and new ideas. Here is my number she said and can we sort out a date to get this going as income streams are the life blood of the club. 8 calls , emails and texts later not one reply.

To say I'm dissapointed is an understatement at the amount of time I had put into the plan with preparation etc but and surprised yes I am! Such a positive start about I'm going to do this and that with a trumpet of good natured honesty I from a personal perspective don't have faith in declaring timescales and plans.

I understand the club want to go in a new direction but do we want to follow her that is the question.

The club is in a real mess and I don't feel it is improving.

leither17
08-10-2014, 08:01 AM
There must be so many things going on behind the scenes here that we are hearing nothing about that LD cant follow up on all the promises she made from july onwards ,that it makes you feel her hands are being tied from Petrie and even Farmer above that. There is something rotten at the core of our club IMO and Petrie and Farmer are scared we find out .

Brightside
08-10-2014, 08:20 AM

He was outstanding last night.

HFC 0-7
08-10-2014, 08:26 AM
Is there a change in feeling towards LD? People have been singing her praises since she arrived but some of what's being said in regards to the failings seems to be falling at her feet. She seemed to want better communication between club and fans but this doesn't seem to have changed, in fact it seems worse now that promises have been made that have been broken. Personally I wasn't fussed either way when she came in and I wasn't getting carried away with anything she said as we have heard it all before, but I still hope that she can turn this mess around. I do wonder if this isa much bigger job than she expected.

The Gorf
08-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Matty, perhaps this won't mean a lot to many people but it did me and probably supports your point in how the club is developing.

LD approached me to help develop a sales and marketing strategy in the wake of Russell going and said it would be a good time for restructure and new ideas. Here is my number she said and can we sort out a date to get this going as income streams are the life blood of the club. 8 calls , emails and texts later not one reply.

To say I'm dissapointed is an understatement at the amount of time I had put into the plan with preparation etc but and surprised yes I am! Such a positive start about I'm going to do this and that with a trumpet of good natured honesty I from a personal perspective don't have faith in declaring timescales and plans.

I understand the club want to go in a new direction but do we want to follow her that is the question.

i reckon LD's appointment was a ruse by RP just to appease the fans a little while longer until the Petrie Out campaign fizzled out. And guess what? It worked imho.

Peevemor
08-10-2014, 08:52 AM
i reckon LD's appointment was a ruse by RP just to appease the fans a little while longer until the Petrie Out campaign fizzled out. And guess what? It worked imho.

That shows amazing foresight on his part, given she was appointed 2 months before the Petrie out thing really kicked off.

IWasThere2016
08-10-2014, 08:54 AM

Great posts from Matthew. When you see it like that it doesn't read well at all.

Grossly mismanaged for years under RP - and STF doesn't give a hoot.. And yet we still have some supporting them! :confused:

Your times are out but the usual spin/teflon manoeuvres from the tached one.

The only tactic for change is to stay away from ER IMHO..

bingo70
08-10-2014, 08:59 AM
He was outstanding last night.

Irrelevant until he starts doing it for the first team.

Plenty good young players can't make the step up.

I'm_cabbaged
08-10-2014, 09:13 AM
I vowed that I wouldn't go back until RP was ousted, I can't believe he's sitting there letting dempster call the shots. The sad thing is I'm beginning to get used to not going to ER. I'm sure there a hundreds if not into the thousands like me.
Something has to be done, and done quick!!

greenpaper55
08-10-2014, 09:42 AM
I vowed that I wouldn't go back until RP was ousted, I can't believe he's sitting there letting dempster call the shots. The sad thing is I'm beginning to get used to not going to ER. I'm sure there a hundreds if not into the thousands like me.
Something has to be done, and done quick!!

I know how you feel, on Saturdays i can hardly be bothered to listen for the result and if we get beaten-again then it hardly seems to matter anymore. The only way to get these clowns out of ER is to starve them of the cash that keeps their empire afloat, i should have said our cash of course. The place seems an utter shambles with an owner that does not care and a chairman who is clueless, don't give them a penny more.

silverhibee
08-10-2014, 10:41 AM
Might be on iplayer radio? Must've been 215-230 on Saturday.

Had a look and can't find anything.

Hiber-nation
08-10-2014, 12:16 PM

I heard it at the time and I agree with you - she said hopefully Sunday but if not, then early in the week at the latest.

Maybe LD has taken on far too much and can't/won't delegate properly.

Greenblood70
08-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Its my honest opinion that overall things have actually deteriorated further since relegation at Board Level. For what reason I'm unsure as I have no inside knowledge of the goings on (if indeed anything goes on) at the club. The constant and unceasing ability to continually ****** up is almost laughable in it's utter incompetence.:rolleyes:

Granted it would take time for LD to implement her ideas but there are several areas already highlighted in this thread that it would have been pretty easy to remedy and stop becoming a problem/issue in the first place. I dont think she'll hang around for long, if only due to the restrictive nature of our overly corporate model and the difficulty in implementing any ideas quickly and effectively. I also think the constant firefighting of the latest catastrophe will eventually take it's toll.

We're stuck in a kind of limbo just now with the gap between the custodians and the supporters ever widening.

silverhibee
08-10-2014, 12:29 PM

Not forgetting things like, Ladies day/night being cancelled, golf day cancelled, and the hassle over seas supporters are having trying to get games abroad, it's a f***ing joke and the club are still taking us for mugs, nothing has changed, and when you have posters like Matthew (Sunday name i take it) :greengrin who normally give the club the benefit of the doubt over things, are having a good go at how things are been run at the club it isn't good reading.

And still nothing Leeann.

WHUHibs
08-10-2014, 12:36 PM
Its my honest opinion that overall things have actually deteriorated further since relegation at Board Level. For what reason I'm unsure as I have no inside knowledge of the goings on (if indeed anything goes on) at the club. The constant and unceasing ability to continually ****** up is almost laughable in it's utter incompetence.:rolleyes:

Granted it would take time for LD to implement her ideas but there are several areas already highlighted in this thread that it would have been pretty easy to remedy and stop becoming a problem/issue in the first place. I dont think she'll hang around for long, if only due to the restrictive nature of our overly corporate model and the difficulty in implementing any ideas quickly and effectively. I also think the constant firefighting of the latest catastrophe will eventually take it's toll.

We're stuck in a kind of limbo just now with the gap between the custodians and the supporters ever widening.

We have all said ridiculous things on here many said in the heat of the moment or we were told something by someone who knew less than they gave the impression of. Me for one have learned that lesson and I was told many things and thank God I didnt post them or I might have had less that a chance of coming across as sincere.

I can tell you first hand that my dealing with LD are more than dissapointing and I am sure there is a lot of internal strife at the club.

All we are interested in getting a product on the park that we can get behind but I am sure that our debt position and liquidity and revenue streams are all a concern. We have enough to get by but we have relied on sales of players in the past which have been helpful and we are a selling club. That's not the issue but since Fletcher we have not really had a major asset to sell and the academy seems bereft of producing real talent. I'm sure that can be redressed but that would take time and that's time we don't have so what do we do?

I want Petrie out but shouting about it won't work and the only way we can have real change is bringing everyone together to create a unified and dignified fan base. Just because PK spoke for a number of fans he wont cover us all but neither will any other group "not in my name" people shout!

Well let's all wake up and accept that positive change will only happen if we all work together and make changes together.

STF - thank you but now we need a change , investment can be in a number of ways and if my personal dealing with LD are the basis of my judgement then I have no confidence in her.

I'm not even sure the announcement that should have been made will happen this week as I am sure there are lots of holes in it that haven't been plugged. Could it be that it was rushed due to the supporters survey?

Well thought out plans take time and we are really at last chance saloon, don't get it right now then our history will be all we have as the future looks bleak and so is the wilderness,,just ask Leeds fans!

jacomo
08-10-2014, 01:00 PM

Ludicrous. Aren't we still paying a Butcher? Make the **** come back, and the prize winner can throw ER pies at him!

Viva_Palmeiras
08-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Hibs taking management speak to literally?

"Fail as fast as you can as much as you can and then you will know what success is"

- v.Gaal

Billy Whizz
08-10-2014, 01:25 PM
We have all said ridiculous things on here many said in the heat of the moment or we were told something by someone who knew less than they gave the impression of. Me for one have learned that lesson and I was told many things and thank God I didnt post them or I might have had less that a chance of coming across as sincere.

I can tell you first hand that my dealing with LD are more than dissapointing and I am sure there is a lot of internal strife at the club.

All we are interested in getting a product on the park that we can get behind but I am sure that our debt position and liquidity and revenue streams are all a concern. We have enough to get by but we have relied on sales of players in the past which have been helpful and we are a selling club. That's not the issue but since Fletcher we have not really had a major asset to sell and the academy seems bereft of producing real talent. I'm sure that can be redressed but that would take time and that's time we don't have so what do we do?

I want Petrie out but shouting about it won't work and the only way we can have real change is bringing everyone together to create a unified and dignified fan base. Just because PK spoke for a number of fans he wont cover us all but neither will any other group "not in my name" people shout!

Well let's all wake up and accept that positive change will only happen if we all work together and make changes together.

STF - thank you but now we need a change , investment can be in a number of ways and if my personal dealing with LD are the basis of my judgement then I have no confidence in her.

I'm not even sure the announcement that should have been made will happen this week as I am sure there are lots of holes in it that haven't been plugged. Could it be that it was rushed due to the supporters survey?

Well thought out plans take time and we are really at last chance saloon, don't get it right now then our history will be all we have as the future looks bleak and so is the wilderness,,just ask Leeds fans!

Really frustrating for you, considering what work you have put in on top of your own role, do these people running our club not realise that we have work to do as well as our jobs.
You mentioned an announcement, what were we supposed to hear?

silverhibee
08-10-2014, 01:27 PM
I heard it at the time and I agree with you - she said hopefully Sunday but if not, then early in the week at the latest.

I think she forgets that folk are listening to the interview.

WHUHibs
08-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Really frustrating for you, considering what work you have put in on top of your own role, do these people running our club not realise that we have work to do as well as our jobs.
You mentioned an announcement, what were we supposed to hear?

Billy, you have a PM :-)

Yes frustrated I can't believe what I was asked to do then blanked,,I even flew back especially!!!!!

I will never learn but I just went on positivity the feel and need to do something!!!!

Billy Whizz
08-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Billy, you have a PM :-)

Yes frustrated I can't believe what I was asked to do then blanked,,I even flew back especially!!!!!

I will never learn but I just went on positivity the feel and need to do something!!!!
like you I've worked in sales and marketing all my life, tried to help promote Hibs on numerous occasions, and fairly recently as well, with no luck. Replied to your PM

HIBERNIAN-0762
08-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Sadly we have been going backwards for at least 7/8 years now, this board just love sheep that say baa and little else, we should be right up there in the Premier division pushing for top 3 but look at us now, the board, frankly couldn't give a tom tit, well that's fine, as long as they take that stupid "wall of silence" attitude then that's fine they won't be getting anything from me, dire days ahead unless radical change IMO and it doesn't look as if it's going to change in the near future.

We have however real signs that Stubbs is doing a good job with what he has but I fear he will be emptied by the board who blame everyone except themselves.

Rant over.

blackpoolhibs
08-10-2014, 05:39 PM
Is there a change in feeling towards LD? People have been singing her praises since she arrived but some of what's being said in regards to the failings seems to be falling at her feet. She seemed to want better communication between club and fans but this doesn't seem to have changed, in fact it seems worse now that promises have been made that have been broken. Personally I wasn't fussed either way when she came in and I wasn't getting carried away with anything she said as we have heard it all before, but I still hope that she can turn this mess around. I do wonder if this isa much bigger job than she expected.

I wondered when she was appointed if she was another patsy put up by the owner and his chimp to take the flack away from them.

Initially i think their plan worked, but that's changing and i can see this turning ugly again very soon.

Danderhall Hibs
08-10-2014, 06:11 PM

Checked as well mate and it's unavailable. Not sure why.

ronaldo7
08-10-2014, 08:58 PM

Spot on:agree: