PDA

View Full Version : #hibileaks/Hands On Hibs/BuyHibs (Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

jacomo
18-12-2014, 09:11 AM
There is nothing new to say ,and I for one can't be bothered with who is taking whose side and all the sniping going on at present Its not achieving anything .i am now waiting till the AGM as I think that's now when there will be some clarity on what Board see as the way forward , and then some meaningful debate can begin again .Can we not have a Moritorium in the lead up to Christmass with Peace ,Love and Goodwill to all Hibees :tree:tree:tree

Amen to all that.

Posters (on both sides of the debate) speculating based on their own bias without any facts to back them up, and then shouting down people who disagree with them.

Let's be friends.

Kaiser1962
18-12-2014, 09:12 AM
I saw a Tweet the other day from the Holyrood Boxing Club, who seem to be taking over some of the PR for Hibileaks.

A Twatter had asked the same question, mentioned elsewhere, about STF "stealing" the assets. The reply was along the same lines, accusing the Twatter of being an "agent", but signing off with the hashtag SecretSexWorker

Bams and sex workers unite. :aok:

Thing that stood out for me in that exchange was that Andrew Sibley referred to a tweet from Holyrood Boxing Gym as it had come from Hands on Hibs, having immediately retweeted the (potentially) libellous comment. When asked to clarify why he felt the need to retweet his explanation seemed disingenuous at best, claiming to be doing the person accused of being an "agent" a service.

There seems to be little between Hands on Hibs, Hibileaks, Holyrood boxing and Buy Hibs. Their actions would suggest they are colluding. If so their actions are stupid, and they are treating Hibs fans with little respect. If they can't sell this to Blackpool Hibs (no offence meant) then he is right in saying that they are "dead in the water" which in itself is disappointing. They had a chance to do something positive and blew it.

BroxburnHibee
18-12-2014, 09:14 AM
:top marks
What I feared has happened, we have the unedifying spectacle of Hibs Fans attacking each other with all the grace & maturity of kids brawling in the playground. It's pathetic really & I would ask all netters to review their posts before submitting. If the main content of the post is an attack on another netter please think again. And please, no posts saying but he/she started it, that would really confirm the playground analogy.
PS, Admins could help by setting a model example.

Gogs has attacked people on here with a bitter post on a rival site yet we should ignore that? There's a big difference between an attack and an explanation.

Ah yes its all the admins fault again - I forgot.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2014, 09:34 AM
What I feared has happened, we have the unedifying spectacle of Hibs Fans attacking each other with all the grace & maturity of kids brawling in the playground. It's pathetic really & I would ask all netters to review their posts before submitting. If the main content of the post is an attack on another netter please think again. And please, no posts saying but he/she started it, that would really confirm the playground analogy.

That's a fair point, although it is something that could be stopped right now if hibileaks buyhibs and HOH would just give us a straight answer to a straight question.

jacomo
18-12-2014, 09:52 AM
That's a fair point, although it is something that could be stopped right now if hibileaks buyhibs and HOH would just give us a straight answer to a straight question.

No, I'm afraid it's too simple to blame one group. Yes, BuyHibs should be able to accept rigorous scrutiny, and HoH the same, but not the playground bully tactics to shout down anyone who supports them. As said above, let's all take some responsibility.

Pretty Boy
18-12-2014, 09:57 AM

Is this the start of the 'blame hibs.net' campaign that seems to be gathering a bit momentum elsewhere regarding what looks increasingly like BuyHibs failure.

jacomo
18-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Is this the start of the 'blame hibs.net' campaign that seems to be gathering a bit momentum elsewhere regarding what looks increasingly like BuyHibs failure.

Dear God. Can't people just give it a rest for a few days?

Just stop. The OP was surely an appeal for calm, not yet more mud slinging??

Mikey
18-12-2014, 10:06 AM
And if you speak out about the abuse you get targeted by the bully boys and falsely accused of being a BuyHibs apologist. I'm with Dashing Bob. We need to treat each other more kindly and start working to bring all fans together.

GGTTH.

Have you put this to BuyHibs too, because we've got to the stage where they're dishing out thinly veiled threats. A poster on the Bounce thinks that these thinly veiled threats have put our "gas at a peep" but that's certainly not the case. We'll keep asking the pertinent questions and they'll no doubt continue to ignore them.

See above.

silverhibee
18-12-2014, 10:10 AM
There is nothing new to say ,and I for one can't be bothered with who is taking whose side and all the sniping going on at present Its not achieving anything .i am now waiting till the AGM as I think that's now when there will be some clarity on what Board see as the way forward , and then some meaningful debate can begin again .Can we not have a Moritorium in the lead up to Christmass with Peace ,Love and Goodwill to all Hibees :tree:tree:tree

Don't be silly Ronnie, get the steelies on and grab a baseball bat and take a side, tis the way ahead. :greengrin

Andy74
18-12-2014, 10:19 AM
No, I'm afraid it's too simple to blame one group. Yes, BuyHibs should be able to accept rigorous scrutiny, and HoH the same, but not the playground bully tactics to shout down anyone who supports them. As said above, let's all take some responsibility.

Bully tactics? What total nonsense.

Pretty Boy
18-12-2014, 10:20 AM
Dear God. Can't people just give it a rest for a few days?

Just stop. The OP was surely an appeal for calm, not yet more mud slinging??

An appeal for calm that contained a not so subtle dig.

Sorry but why shouldn't the admins be allowed an opinion. We all have our own views and opinions, we are all Hibs supporters and we are all as entitled to have our views heard as anyone else. If people feel any of us has gone too far then report it and it will dealt with same as anyone else. It's probably worth noting I can count on 1 hand how many reported posts there has been on this topic which is somewhat remarkable given how emotive an issue it is. There's been a few 'pre emptive' post deletions dealing with personal abuse which isn't neccessary. I'd agree the last week or so has descended into quite a sad state of affairs but if an individual chooses to make a pretty scathing attack on both the site and the admin teams as individuals are we not entitles to defend ourselves? Would you allow your character to be questioned without right of reply?

I've made this point a lot lately but .net is a wide range of views. Outwith ER on a Saturday it is the biggest gathering of Hibs fans in one place anywhere. That's a lot of views and a lot of personalities. On the whole we have tried to let the discussion follow it's natural course and there has been no strategic efforts to force it one way as has been claimed elsewhere. I'll be damned if I'm going to allow someone to attempt to rubbish me and people I like and respect elsewhere without replying to it though, if that makes me childish, petty or whatever else then so be it.

jacomo
18-12-2014, 10:43 AM
An appeal for calm that contained a not so subtle dig.

Sorry but why shouldn't the admins be allowed an opinion. We all have our own views and opinions, we are all Hibs supporters and we are all as entitled to have our views heard as anyone else. If people feel any of us has gone too far then report it and it will dealt with same as anyone else. It's probably worth noting I can count on 1 hand how many reported posts there has been on this topic which is somewhat remarkable given how emotive an issue it is. There's been a few 'pre emptive' post deletions dealing with personal abuse which isn't neccessary. I'd agree the last week or so has descended into quite a sad state of affairs but if an individual chooses to make a pretty scathing attack on both the site and the admin teams as individuals are we not entitles to defend ourselves? Would you allow your character to be questioned without right of reply?

I've made this point a lot lately but .net is a wide range of views. Outwith ER on a Saturday it is the biggest gathering of Hibs fans in one place anywhere. That's a lot of views and a lot of personalities. On the whole we have tried to let the discussion follow it's natural course and there has been no strategic efforts to force it one way as has been claimed elsewhere. I'll be damned if I'm going to allow someone to attempt to rubbish me and people I like and respect elsewhere without replying to it though, if that makes me childish, petty or whatever else then so be it.

Admins are entitled to post their own opinions, of course - though why I'm saying I don't know, you make the rules. IMO you guys do a good job running this place.

I am not above pettiness myself... just trying to put a lid on it before replying to Andy74 above. :wink:

I just thought you were reading more into that post than was there. Apologies if I misread it. :aok:

jacomo
18-12-2014, 10:49 AM
Bully tactics? What total nonsense.

No doubt about it. I've seen a few unedifying episodes on here recently, where people have been attacked or belittled for expressing an honest opinion.

You'll dismiss this in the same way you've dismissed my post, but maybe things would improve if EVERYBODY took a little more time to listen to others' views?

Peevemor
18-12-2014, 10:55 AM
No doubt about it. I've seen a few unedifying episodes on here recently, where people have been attacked or belittled for expressing an honest opinion.

You'll dismiss this in the same way you've dismissed my post, but maybe things would improve if EVERYBODY took a little more time to listen to others' views?

Disagreeing with someone's opinion isn't the same as a personal attack - although there are some who appear to take it that way.

Andy74
18-12-2014, 10:55 AM

I've seen lots of questioning and then reaction to those questions not being answered. I've seen people being asked to back up scaremongering and accusations that have been made.

The worst stuff has been the recent posts by RIP here and on the main board where it became personal and abusive. Posts were made on other sites about users here. That has led to some defending of views and positions.

I haven't seen any bullying of BuyHibs or HoH members or supporters. Just lots of challenge as I mentioned above. Others are trying to make this into various us v them situations and it's very poor.

jacomo
18-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Disagreeing with someone's opinion isn't the same as a personal attack - although there are some who appear to take it that way.

Oh the irony!

jacomo
18-12-2014, 11:05 AM
I've seen lots of questioning and then reaction to those questions not being answered. I've seen people being asked to back up scaremongering and accusations that have been made.

The worst stuff has been the recent posts by RIP here and on the main board where it became personal and abusive. Posts were made on other sites about users here. That has led to some defending of views and positions.

I haven't seen any bullying of BuyHibs or HoH members or supporters. Just lots of challenge as I mentioned above. Others are trying to make this into various us v them situations and it's very poor.

I'm not expecting you to agree with me. Just saying that IMO it's got a bit out of hand at times, from both sides, and it's something that maybe we can all reflect on.

This is not a dig at the admins! As I said above, they do a good job overall.

Peevemor
18-12-2014, 11:17 AM
Oh the irony!

At least you saw it.

FranckSuzy
18-12-2014, 11:18 AM
Some people's posts, mine included, have been correcting downright lies about certain events and the people involved. If that is classed as "abuse" then heaven help us.

It is also interesting to note that some of those who cast aspertions on their fellow fans characters never return and back up/explain/clarify their 'claims'. They just launch a grenade in (on both forums) and watch the fall-out. That's pretty sad, IMHO.

Mikey
18-12-2014, 11:19 AM

Oh the irony!

At least you saw it.

We do have the ability to go in and set you two to ignore each other :wink:

Beefster
18-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Lots of folk taking the moral high ground and then falling off it 5 minutes later.

This is a public forum. If you post something on it, expect to be challenged vigorously (I know I do). If you post pish, expect to be challenged vigorously by the majority.

jacomo
18-12-2014, 11:20 AM
At least you saw it.

Cry me a river.

Beefster
18-12-2014, 11:22 AM
... maybe things would improve if EVERYBODY took a little more time to listen to others' views?

Cry me a river.

Hmmm.

jacomo
18-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Hmmm.

Oh I know... I'm not pretending I'm better than anyone else. But when someone keeps making cheap digs it's hard not to descend into petty bickering, eh?

Inadvertently, this is the point I was trying to make.

Peevemor
18-12-2014, 11:37 AM

Mikey, I was making a valid point. There's been a lot of talk about personal attacks between against BuyHibs directors, between here and the Bounce and between individual posters on this site.

There have been a few remarks made about BuyHibs directors but they're few and far between. There have also been opinions about posts made on with BuyHibs username - for me these are valid because the majority of .netters seem to agree that they let themselves down.

As for the Bounce - there are some great regular posters across there but I've given up trying to understand the animosity that still exists toward this place.

Since the end of last season, there have been some tremendous threads on here about, STF, RP, BuyHibs, the indiependance referendum, etc. People can disagree without it getting personal (or at least I hope so). I know there are cases where I'll be arguing the toss with someone on one thread while I'll agree 100% with them on another. There's nothing personal in that, though there are some who take disagreeent as an attack.

jacomo
18-12-2014, 11:45 AM

Oop, called up in front of the head master again.

I promise I'll be good. Shake on it Peevemor?

Peevemor
18-12-2014, 11:47 AM

http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/fiction/images/simpsons_handshake.jpg

Brightside
18-12-2014, 11:48 AM

and awful lot of sexual tension on here.

brog
18-12-2014, 11:52 AM

Don't be silly. I only post on here, & as a pm so why on earth would I want to blame Hibs Net for anything? I live 400 miles from ER, I don't know any admins other than through PM's/donations & I don't know any of the posters apparently on the BH side of the fence. My hope, forlorn it would appear, was that the squabbling could cease & if it needed the admins to set an example by ignoring some nonsense being said then so be it. Sometimes to move on we have to turn the other cheek.

Bad Martini
18-12-2014, 11:59 AM
I read some of this thread. Ignored some of the rest of it. Laughed at some bits and downright ****ing despaired at the rest.

However, I throw into your almighty big pagger (sp - anyone of Embra upbringing will know the word from days of old :greengrin) this:

1) All these groups / factions / whatever doesnt change **** ALL...the AGM might. All the rest is fechtin', slaggin', abuse-hurlin' and utter mystic-meg-guessin' (see what I done there :greengrin)
2) We're all missing opporchancities to rip the huns and the mutants on occassion of much hilarity as they do fannyish things and be the general bawbags they are.

As ye were.

Reminds me of that episode of Fools & Horses when they're rioting, Delboy rolls up in the green Capri Ghia...sells them some **** on both sides...then ****s off and they all get back to ripping eachothers heids off....

ENDOF :thumbsup::thumbsup:

jacomo
18-12-2014, 12:04 PM
http://freemasonry.bcy.ca/fiction/images/simpsons_handshake.jpg

:aok:

Barney McGrew
18-12-2014, 01:36 PM
We need to treat each other more kindly and start working to bring all fans together.

Perhaps you could start doing that by not calling people 'faceless wonders' and 'keyboard cowards' like you did not that long ago?

Gerard
18-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Are you 2 tied at the hip or is Gogs paying you to be his cheerleader.

If Gogs is so serious about what he says then why did he choose to run over the road to take unfounded swipes at several people on here including members of the admin team without naming any names of course.

If you can't see the irony in that then hell mend you.

You don't need to remind us all that you agree with Gogs at every opportunity though.

I think we get it.

We are not tied in any way and I am not being paid to be his 'cheerleader' but if he wants to pay me I am open to discussions. I agree with Gogs in trying to work with all members of the Hibs family. As it is the season of good will I suggest a truce for this season of good will.

Andy74
18-12-2014, 06:39 PM
We are not tied in any way and I am not being paid to be his 'cheerleader' but if he wants to pay me I am open to discussions. I agree with Gogs in trying to work with all members of the Hibs family. As it is the season of good will I suggest a truce for this season of good will.

He's not trying to work together with people though. Unless you count giving out abuse and then heading to the bounce to categorise those that disagree with him into such headings as rival bidding group members, right wing Tories and relations of Sir Tom as an attempt to pull people together.

Ronniekirk
18-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Don't be silly Ronnie, get the steelies on and grab a baseball bat and take a side, tis the way ahead. :greengrin
If this thread keeps going the way it's going i may have to :greengrin :take that:take that:take that

RIP
18-12-2014, 07:58 PM
And if you speak out against BuyHibs and HoH you get falsely accused of being a "board apologist". Works both ways RIP.

It does mate. I'm thick skinned and don't give a flying fart about what folk troll about me online. But we have a tiny yet vocal minority who make personal attacks on volunteers engaged in supporter campaigns from behind their keyboards and then scream foul when fellow supporters stick up for them.

The reason why I'm not the only one starting to speak out about these bully boy tactics is because there are still some of us who believe that working together for club unity is the best way forward for us as a club.

Maybe one day soon some individual or organisation will invite all the keyboard assassins out from behind their phones, keyboards and PCs, put them in a room with all these groups and management and observe how they speak to each other face to face.

Hibs.Net could get together with the Supporters Association to make this happen. Each represents a sizeable constituency within the Hibernian support. That way we could get to hear the views of the silent majority instead of half a dozen posters who try and tell the rest of us what to think.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2014, 08:02 PM
It does mate. I'm thick skinned and don't give a flying fart about what folk troll about me online. But we have a tiny yet vocal minority who make personal attacks on volunteers engaged in supporter campaigns from behind their keyboards and then scream foul when fellow supporters stick up for them.

The reason why I'm not the only one starting to speak out about these bully boy tactics is because there are still some of us who believe that working together for club unity is the best way forward for us as a club.

Maybe one day soon some individual or organisation will invite all the keyboard assassins out from behind their phones, keyboards and PCs, put them in a room with all these groups and management and observe how they speak to each other face to face.

Hibs.Net could get together with the Supporters Association to make this happen. Each represents a sizeable constituency within the Hibernian support. That way we could get to hear the views of the silent majority instead of half a dozen posters who try and tell the rest of us what to think.

Mad as a box of frogs. I'm a keyboard assassin because i want answers not bull**** and lies. :rolleyes:

Baldy Foghorn
18-12-2014, 08:06 PM

Gogs, BuyHibs have failed to give out facts, and have evaded most questions posed to them. What makes you think fans want to work with them? I do not agree that working with them will make me change my view on them....

RIP
18-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Mad as a box of frogs. I'm a keyboard assassin because i want answers not bull**** and lies. :rolleyes:

No Gary. You are just like the rest of us. Not getting the answers to the questions we have been asking for months.

Pretty Boy
18-12-2014, 08:11 PM

:troll:

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2014, 08:16 PM
No Gary. You are just like the rest of us. Not getting the answers to the questions we have been asking for months.

Nonsense, i have no idea what questions you are asking the club, but i sure as hell know all the questions these groups have been asked with no answers forthcoming, and their allegations that are quite simply absurd, which have not been backed up with one ounce of evidence.

Each and every one of them are a complete shambles, and their people skills are just terrific when asked to give proof or tell us more?

Not one penny.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-12-2014, 08:17 PM
FFS! Has The Day of the Jackal arrived on .net? Are we all keyboard assassins or Taliban, we need to be told.

Pretty Boy
18-12-2014, 08:19 PM
FFS! Has The Day of the Jackal arrived on .net? Are we all keyboard assassins or Taliban, we need to be told.

You're all inferior to us faceless warrior, right wing capitalist, in bed with the club and related to St Rod admins.

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2014, 08:21 PM

Give me your money i want to buy hibs, can i ask you a few questions about this? **** off and just give me your dough, you dont need to know anything, we will deal with it.

That just about sums this lot up.

Bob Geldof was rejected as spokesman apparently.

K Assassin.

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-12-2014, 08:27 PM
Give me your money i want to buy hibs, can i ask you a few questions about this? **** off and just give me your dough, you dont need to know anything, we will deal with it.

That just about sums this lot up.

Bob Geldof was rejected as spokesman apparently.

K Assassin.

I posted pretty much the same a number of pages ago, I don't think any of the reasonable questions have been answered in the intervening period. I'm just a boardroom bum boy though, why would I say anything else?

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2014, 08:28 PM

Could you tell us who they are, please, so we can look out for them?

HUTCHYHIBBY
18-12-2014, 08:31 PM
Come on CWG you must know the famous five apart from yourself! ;-)

Pretty Boy
18-12-2014, 08:34 PM
Could you tell us who they are, please, so we can look out for them?

George
Timmy
Anne
Julian
Dick
CWG

marinello59
18-12-2014, 08:43 PM
To be honest Steven you probably know more about BuyHibs/HandsonHibs/Hibileaks than I do. Since I stepped back from WT last year and gave up my ST I've not had the time to remain involved in any supporter campaigns. I must be actually working for a living these days. :greengrin

It's just that I logged on a couple of weeks back and read the following comments about the BuyHibs board. I also read their website and saw was who was involved. The comments below were directed at the same people by a small minority who appear to have been all over these threads like a rash with criticisms of the principals rather than the principles.

"Dishonest, flunky, lying, idiot, fantasist , liars, conman, EGO trip, duping, ex-casual, self-glorification, bunch of charlatans"

It's been the same sniping from this vindictive type of poster for years. If you go head to head with management you are in bed with the devil. If you volunteer to help your club you are naive or in league with management. If you volunteer by running a bus you are a mug who gets no thanks. If you do unpaid work at the Hibs club or by painting the steps you are angling for a 'blazer'. If you are a former player who speaks out about how the club is run you get slagged for your speech, clothes or intelligence. And if you volunteer for a supporter campaign you get your character assassinated online.

Guys like you are why I love the Hibs. The minority I speak out against who post these comments about good honourable individuals are people that should not be tolerated IMO.

Name them.

CropleyWasGod
18-12-2014, 08:48 PM
George
Timmy
Anne
Julian
Dick
CWG
Gordon Smith on the bench?

Leithenhibby
18-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Name them.

:agree:

Transparency is the why forward, methinks :wink:

Pretty Boy
18-12-2014, 08:51 PM
Name them.

Exactly what I'd like to see. It's just faceless, keyboard warrior stuff otherwise.

Unlikely to happen though, he's dropped the bombs for tonight.

RIP
18-12-2014, 08:54 PM
Gogs, BuyHibs have failed to give out facts, and have evaded most questions posed to them. What makes you think fans want to work with them? I do not agree that working with them will make me change my view on them....

To be honest Steven you probably know more about BuyHibs/HandsonHibs/Hibileaks than I do. Since I stepped back from WT last year and gave up my ST I've not had the time to remain involved in any supporter campaigns. I must be actually working for a living these days. :greengrin

It's just that I logged on a couple of weeks back and read the following comments about the BuyHibs board. I also read their website and saw was who was involved. The comments below were directed at the same people by a small minority who appear to have been all over these threads like a rash with criticisms of the principals rather than the principles.

"Dishonest, flunky, lying, idiot, fantasist , liars, conman, EGO trip, duping, ex-casual, self-glorification, bunch of charlatans"

It's been the same sniping from this vindictive type of poster for years. If you go head to head with management you are in bed with the devil. If you volunteer to help your club you are naive or in league with management. If you volunteer by running a bus you are a mug who gets no thanks. If you do unpaid work at the Hibs club or by painting the steps you are angling for a 'blazer'. If you are a former player who speaks out about how the club is run you get slagged for your speech, clothes or intelligence. And if you volunteer for a supporter campaign you get your character assassinated online.

Guys like you are why I love the Hibs. The minority I speak out against who post these comments about good honourable individuals are people that should not be tolerated IMO.

Shouldn't we be asking Admin to monitor these posts instead of you?

Fixed that for you :wink:

...........I know all the questions these groups have been asked with no answers forthcoming, and their allegations that are quite simply absurd, which have not been backed up with one ounce of evidence.

Gary - I haven't read their allegations but I can state categorically that none of my questions have been answered either. I've given up.

Off to pub! :cheers:

blackpoolhibs
18-12-2014, 08:56 PM

Gary - I haven't read their allegations but I can state categorically that none of my questions have been answered either. I've given up.

I suggest you do then, perhaps you will then come back with a different view. I also suggest you have a wee look at some of the threads that were started by the buyhibs members/committee. Read how they answered straight forward questions and again, come back here and tell us if you feel any different.

I wouldnt give any of them a penny of my money, i'm also not an admin on here or in cahoots with anyone at the club.

I want a new owner, but i'd stick with the current one 100% over any of this lot.

Andy74
18-12-2014, 09:20 PM

Bizarre.

Hibbyradge
18-12-2014, 09:32 PM

I haven't been following this thread at all closely so I've genuinely missed all the arguments. Maybe I got lucky! :greengrin

Any chance you could quote a few examples of the personal attacks so I can make my own mind up about all this?

Cheers.

Leithenhibby
18-12-2014, 09:39 PM
Exactly what I'd like to see. It's just faceless, keyboard warrior stuff otherwise.

Unlikely to happen though, he's dropped the bombs for tonight.

Looks like you have this covered, PB :cb

Chibs
18-12-2014, 10:04 PM

Fixed that for you :wink:

Off to pub! :cheers:
Good for you.
I PM,d you about Sibley and you thanked me for the info yet it appears are still in denial.

silverhibee
18-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Just f***ing name them Gogs and stop beating around the bush, you obviously no them so put there names up or just give it a rest with some of the pish, they won't be offended if they are named so let everyone else on .net know who we are dealing with here in case they( admins & others) are in cahoots with the club, because i would be pretty pissed of if that was the case, so name them and get it done if it is true.

FranckSuzy
18-12-2014, 10:51 PM
George
Timmy
Anne
Julian
Dick
CWG

You'll need to narrow the field down

bighairyfaeleith
19-12-2014, 04:00 AM
Read the last few pages and got no ****ing clue whats going on

Read HOH tweets and facebook stuff and I really really do not want these people anywhere near my club.

Buyhibs haven't said anything for me to read as far as I can see??

Hoping Leanne gives us a credible alternative at AGM

Beefster
19-12-2014, 05:27 AM
Just f***ing name them Gogs and stop beating around the bush, you obviously no them so put there names up or just give it a rest with some of the pish, they won't be offended if they are named so let everyone else on .net know who we are dealing with here in case they( admins & others) are in cahoots with the club, because i would be pretty pissed of if that was the case, so name them and get it done if it is true.

Agreed. What Gogs is doing right now is no better than the "agent of the board" mince thrown at anyone that questions HoH or BuyHibs.

Pretty Boy
19-12-2014, 07:43 AM

I can 100% assure you no admins are in cahoots with the club, anyone who has an official role at ER will not be asked to be an admin on here and if any of the current admin team took on a role at ER they would have to step down. Of course we have a level of communication with the club for certain things: player sponsorship, donations for youth development or equipment, the setting up of the OfficialHFC account (Ha!) and other bits and bobs. Probably no more than some of the bigger supporters clubs have. It's been stressed a million times but I'm sure it will be needed a million times more: hibs.net has no editorial policy, within the parameters of the law and general decency people can post what they like. Hibernian FC have absolutely no say, control or veto over what is posted on here.

To address a few other points, specifically 1 or 2 raised by Gogs. I was first made aware of BuyHibs about 2 to 3 months before they launched. I was contacted, the proposals were explained (at the time I was tentatively supportive) and I was asked not to make this info public, a request I respected. I was approached again a few days befote launch by 2 people involved and asked to give the other admins a 'heads up' about the launch and also facilitate the setting up of an official BuyHibs accounts, something that was done. One of the people who I was on contact with had been instrumental in setting up the SDS survey BuyHibs put so much weight on. He may well have started that survey as an independent fan, as Gogs and he claims, but he was heavily involved with BuyHibs (named as a director on their website no less) whilst still being touted as an 'independent fan'. Bit deceitful no?

I have little inclination as to who the 'right wing capitalist' or the 'cousin of Rod Petrie' are but I've a pretty good idea which admins his jibe were aimed at. All I will say is our suspiscions were not without foundation. There have been several requests now that all these shady bullies, dubious characters and agents of the board be named but so far nothing has been forthcoming. This is the tactics of a coward imo. We have seen several posts alternating between here and the Bounce with pretty scathing allegations and bordering on character assasination yet when asked to take it a step further and actually name the individuals or provide evidence? Nothing. Pathetic, cowardly and the worst kind of trolling. It's my opinion that this is being done deliberately and ultimately succeasfully as it is causing division and conflict, something the poster claims to want to avoid, go figure. I've genuinely no idea what the agenda is but my gut instinct is when you stretch the truth constantly and twist everything to suit your own ends then you have to keep doing it to continue to justify a position and stance, even when that seems in conflict with previously held positions.

Finally apologies to Silver for this rant quoting his post, I'm aware you weren't really questioning the admins integrity.

Hibbyradge
19-12-2014, 07:56 AM
I have little inclination as to who the 'right wing capitalist' or the 'cousin of Rod Petrie' are but I've a pretty good idea which admins his jibe were aimed at.

I'm so glad I've not had the energy to follow this saga.

What's the relevance of the "right wing capitalist" comment?

I remember the SWP used to try to "out-left" everyone else in the Labour movement. As a result, they were able to call anyone who disagreed with their mad cap ideas a "right winger". :faf:

(I actually remember an SWP banner which made me laugh during a pay dispute in the 80's which said "Don't sell out over Pay". Surely the whole point of the strike was to sell out?)

Who could we describe as a "left-wing capitalist"? I'm not sure if Oxymoron is the correct descriptor for that phrase, but I thought the word was at least partly appropriate.

From what little I've read, it seems that some people are playing the blame game because their half baked plans have been seen for what they are. :dunno:

If I was a hibs.net admin, I'd close this thread and ignore the jibes.

I'm Rod Petrie's cousin, by the way. And so is my wife. :wink:

greenginger
19-12-2014, 08:30 AM
And I think I'm the right wing capitalist.

I've got my pension pot invested in the stockmarket, and when I played football they kept giving me the number 7 shirt . :greengrin

CropleyWasGod
19-12-2014, 08:31 AM
And I think I'm the right wing capitalist.

I've got my pension pot invested in the stockmarket, and when I played football they kept giving me the number 7 shirt . :greengrin

:singing: Hibernian FC, we're the capitalists....

Bostonhibby
19-12-2014, 08:58 AM
Think I have sussed Petries' Cousin.

As we also have a right wing capitalist, it would be handy if it was him as it keeps the divide and rule theme going along nicely:wink:

JimBHibees
19-12-2014, 08:59 AM
From what little I've read, it seems that some people are playing the blame game because their half baked plans have been seen for what they are. :dunno:

IMO that is exactly what has happened. Pretty distasteful and unnecessary.

FranckSuzy
19-12-2014, 09:03 AM
I suppose one thing about those who adopt the scattergun approach, when blaming others, is that they falsely believe it deflects from their own behaviour.

Andy74
19-12-2014, 09:21 AM
I suppose one thing about those who adopt the scattergun approach, when blaming others, is that they falsely believe it deflects from their own behaviour.

Agree.

They have failed to answer questions and then they have taken that a stage further by raising some fears and making accusations which haven't been backed up.

As a result people will keep questioning and pushing for answers. They can't answer so instead they are retreating to suggestions that the questioning is actually abuse or people working to some agenda.

It illustrates the feeling around the launch that actually these guys were not equipped with the skills and experience to carry this off. That is very much showing in their firstly amateur and now petulant approach.

What RIP is up to, when he was pretty much against their plan in the first place, I've no idea, his taking this personally on behalf of everyone just suggests a bit of a need for this to be all about him. He hasn't stuck around long enough on each thread to deal with it. In any case he's quite clear that we all have these opinions just because we fall into some sort of explainable category that has nothing to do with any failings of BuyHibs. Anyway, I always avoid the point apparantly so maybe I've just missed whatever point he was making for that reason.

A good suggestion might be that we just close this down and don't bother discussing it any more because as it stands it's dead and there is absolutely no chance of it happening. The ongoing chatter around it is just turning into a reason for fans to be split when we could really do with being together just now. We're giving it more publicity than in the scheme of things this is warranting.

brog
19-12-2014, 09:41 AM
A good suggestion might be that we just close this down and don't bother discussing it any more because as it stands it's dead and there is absolutely no chance of it happening. The ongoing chatter around it is just turning into a reason for fans to be split when we could really do with being together just now. We're giving it more publicity than in the scheme of things this is warranting.

At last. a post/suggestion on this thread with which I can agree!! :wink:

Hibbyradge
19-12-2014, 10:16 AM

[B]

At last. a post/suggestion on this thread with which I can agree!! :wink:

Classic theft of intellectual property!

Typical Taliban.net.

If I was a hibs.net admin, I'd close this thread and ignore the jibes.