PDA

View Full Version : Alan Stubbs

hfc-1875
13-09-2014, 09:07 PM
Is it just me that noticed this today. Don't think I seen him get off his arse once today except when we scored the winner. When Cowdenbeath scored he was sat hiding in the dug out instead of out on the edge of the technical area motivating the players. A few people sitting near me noticed and started giving him stick for it.

tamig
13-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Is it just me that noticed this today. Don't think I seen him get off his arse once today except when we scored the winner. When Cowdenbeath scored he was sat hiding in the dug out instead of out on the edge of the technical area motivating the players. A few people sitting near me noticed and started giving him stick for it.
Ah, the old he doesnt rant and rave so obviously lacks passion. What nonsense.

HoboHarry
13-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Aye we would be better off with a coach who told fans to ****** off......

FFS :rolleyes:

Pete
13-09-2014, 09:17 PM
Ah, the old he doesnt rant and rave so obviously lacks passion. What nonsense.

Agree. It means nothing.

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2014, 09:33 PM

Not surprised.

OsloHibs
I wondered how long it would before someone started the old tired debate :zzzzz!:

whiskyhibby

And your point is.........

matty_f
13-09-2014, 09:42 PM
Just **** off with this pish. We won, enjoy it. FFS.

HappyAsHellas
13-09-2014, 09:45 PM
If we had a manger who jumped up and down a la Basil Fawlty when his car wouldn't start I could see the need for debate. Someone watching the game and making the necessary changes to win it - well, that'll never catch on will it.

lord bunberry
13-09-2014, 09:46 PM

And they didnae

Viva_Palmeiras
13-09-2014, 09:52 PM

Weally?!

erin-go-bragh87
13-09-2014, 09:56 PM

Sound to tell folk to **** off for having an opinion now aye? Quality, my post count's about to go nuclear.

kaimendhibs
13-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Only hibs!! We win but someone has to make a post about the manager sitting down. FFs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

poolman
13-09-2014, 10:01 PM

Aye, let's just sack him

Did you only post this crap because a few people sitting near you noticed it or did you think that gem up yourself

matty_f
13-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Sound to tell folk to **** off for having an opinion now aye? Quality, my post count's about to go nuclear.

We can only look forward to that.

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 10:05 PM
Tbh whilst it's not really a big deal it is a bit different from his usual style. Whilst he's not a ranter and raver he does normally stand out front and give instructions.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2014, 10:16 PM
I stopped reading after the "sat on his arse hiding in the dug out" bit. :faf:

hfc-1875
13-09-2014, 10:37 PM
Time of the month for many I see. Was only stating that usually you would see the manager encouraging their team after losing a goal.

hfc-1875
13-09-2014, 10:38 PM
Aye we would be better off with a coach who told fans to ****** off......

FFS :rolleyes:

Who said that?

Viva_Palmeiras
13-09-2014, 10:51 PM
Tbh whilst it's not really a big deal it is a bit different from his usual style. Whilst he's not a ranter and raver he does normally stand out front and give instructions.

Stubbs or the OP? ;)

ancient hibee
13-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Hibs should institute a search for some guy in a white shirt and dark trousers who I saw standing in front of the dug out frequently-must have spoiled the manager's view.

O'Rourke3
13-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Tony Mobray of course used to lean against the dug out. Many also slagging his lack of passion.... Whatever else it was clear from the body language of the players after both goals they were preparing to roll their sleeves up.

southsider
14-09-2014, 12:33 AM
We won thanks to a last minute winner against what is basically a pub team. I like AS but Heff up front on his own ? I done more than him when i went for the pies.

Davy Mac
14-09-2014, 02:39 AM
I think he couldn't believe what he was seeing to be honest.

We were all a bit numb during the second half and he probably though WTF?

I think he had a plan that seriously didn't come off but a least PLAN B worked which is more than we can say for his predecessors.

Cmon the Hibs......

Iain G
14-09-2014, 02:44 AM
I think he couldn't believe what he was seeing to be honest.

We were all a bit numb during the second half and he probably though WTF?

I think he had a plan that seriously didn't come off but a least PLAN B worked which is more than we can say for his predecessors.

Cmon the Hibs......

A sign he is learning quickly and starting to make changes and adapt strategies to suit I hope. :aok:

JOD
14-09-2014, 03:37 AM
Just a wee word Alan. We do not need only one up front playing part timers at Easter Road. When you changed to wingers Sinclair/Kennedy with the big man up front what a difference. However will reserve judgement as I also think they run out of legs.

theonlywayisup
14-09-2014, 06:31 AM
Think some of the replies are are bit harsh. It is a forum and all are entitled to their point of view. I don't know where the OP sits, but I too noticed that there was very little encouragement from the Hibs bench. Is that a good thing or not? That is for you to decide!

Did Hibs win? Yes, fantastic! We scored a last minute goal against a bunch of part-timers.

Am I pleased with that? Yes, was very happy at the final whistle. But now, just not good enough!

Is Stubbs the man to take us forward? I, and many fellow Hibs fans, say yes. But how many times have we said that about a Hibs manager?

If you are happy with a last minute goal against Cowdenbeath, then great. But I expect more.

jacomo
14-09-2014, 07:08 AM
Think some of the replies are are bit harsh. It is a forum and all are entitled to their point of view. I don't know where the OP sits, but I too noticed that there was very little encouragement from the Hibs bench. Is that a good thing or not? That is for you to decide!

Did Hibs win? Yes, fantastic! We scored a last minute goal against a bunch of part-timers.

Am I pleased with that? Yes, was very happy at the final whistle. But now, just not good enough!

Is Stubbs the man to take us forward? I, and many fellow Hibs fans, say yes. But how many times have we said that about a Hibs manager?

If you are happy with a last minute goal against Cowdenbeath, then great. But I expect more.

None of us know what was said pre-game or the dynamic in the changing room. Maybe Stubbs demanded a reaction from them and wanted to see if his players were up to it?

IMO Stubbs seems to be getting more right than wrong, and I hope results start reflecting this. He doesn't shout and rave from the dug out, but is encouraging players to take personal responsibility. Long overdue in some cases.

hiberactive
14-09-2014, 07:19 AM
I was at the Livingston game and sat near the dug- out,that day Stubbs was standing in the technical area a lot encouraging and talking to players constantly.Yesterday was my 2nd game of the season,I thought we were poor for most of the match and that Cowdenbeath were unlucky not to get the draw.I also noticed that Stubbs was not out as much,maybe he was shocked at what he was seeing or disappointed with his starting 11??

3pm
14-09-2014, 08:38 AM
I don't care whether he stands or sits. Mowbray sat down the majority of the time and he did just fine.

As I said on the private board, he is going to give himself a massive problem if he can't get urgency and a bit aggression into the team.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-09-2014, 08:49 AM
Quality slant on the standing at football debate?

Smartie
14-09-2014, 09:02 AM
Just remember where we were when Alan Stubbs took over.

I like him. He's doing a difficult job under difficult circumstances. It was always going to be a bit rocky to begin - given where we started - with but I can only see us getting better as the season goes on. He may have got it wrong with his starting line-up but he sorted it and ugly as it was at times we got the three points.

I also noticed that every time I looked across he was sitting down and to be honest I was surprised and a bit concerned. Whilst he doesn't seem to be a ranter and raver he has always been visibly standing out there giving the odd instruction.

I don't want to criticise him for it - it's his call whether he sits/stands/rants/watches quietly from the stand.

But I wondered if it was a sign that he is feeling the pressure. Whilst I am firmly behind him, we had lost 3 consecutive league games in a league we are expected to do well in prior to yesterday. And whilst we were actually very good imo for about 75% of the game yesterday there was a horrific spell just after half-time where it was all unravelling badly and we were being torn apart by a bunch of part-timers.

Iain G
14-09-2014, 09:09 AM
Just remember where we were when Alan Stubbs took over.

I like him. He's doing a difficult job under difficult circumstances. It was always going to be a bit rocky to begin - given where we started - with but I can only see us getting better as the season goes on. He may have got it wrong with his starting line-up but he sorted it and ugly as it was at times we got the three points.

I also noticed that every time I looked across he was sitting down and to be honest I was surprised and a bit concerned. Whilst he doesn't seem to be a ranter and raver he has always been visibly standing out there giving the odd instruction.

I don't want to criticise him for it - it's his call whether he sits/stands/rants/watches quietly from the stand.

But I wondered if it was a sign that he is feeling the pressure. Whilst I am firmly behind him, we had lost 3 consecutive league games in a league we are expected to do well in prior to yesterday. And whilst we were actually very good imo for about 75% of the game yesterday there was a horrific spell just after half-time where it was all unravelling badly and we were being torn apart by a bunch of part-timers.

I don't think the manager standing/sitting/balancing on one leg/standing on his head/off buying a burger is any real sign of pressure, maybe sitting back and taking in the way the match was unfolding let him think and adapt his strategy?

Van Gaal isn't exactly an up and out there manager and he has (until now!) a pretty decent track record. And up and ranting and jesticulating has harlyl been a sign of quality managment at Easter Road recently :wink:

Holmesdale Hibs
14-09-2014, 09:13 AM
If he did rant and rave there would no doubt be folk moaning that he needs to calm down. Some fans aren't happy unless Hibs give them something to moan about. Would suggest to the fans shouting at him to follow suit and sit there quietly and stop embarrassing themselves.

MrSmith
14-09-2014, 09:32 AM
as a club we seem unable to find balance in terms of encouragement, passion and on field leadership whether that is from the sidelines or on the park. personally I like a manager who manages and directs play from an upright 'in the game' position. if you consider them who shall not be named, it just seems to happen for them!! why not for us?

emerald green
14-09-2014, 11:37 AM
I don't care whether he stands or sits. Mowbray sat down the majority of the time and he did just fine.

As I said on the private board, he is going to give himself a massive problem if he can't get urgency and a bit aggression into the team.

Because he had better players by and large to work with IMO. There were some idiots of course, like the clown goalie Zibi.

Thecat23
14-09-2014, 11:41 AM
He's prob just trying to work out what's gone wrong and what's best to do in that situation by chatting to his backroom coaches.

End of the day his subs worked so for me he done the right thing. If only he'd started with Cummings though that's my only gripe but I'm sure we'll see the team that finished start next week.

worcesterhibby
14-09-2014, 12:41 PM

As I am getting sick of calling people bed-wetters I'm going to call you a duvet dampener .

"Mammy I want a manager that's more shouty and screamy….get me one now or I'll soil myself" :rolleyes: