PDA

View Full Version : Why do Hibs start the second half so poorly?

emerald green
13-09-2014, 07:52 PM
The season is only a few weeks old and that's three games already where Hibs have conceded goals early in the second half.

Those teams were Dumbarton, Alloa, and again today against Cowdenbeath. Arguably the three weakest teams in the league.

What do they talk about at HT in the dressing room? They just seem to switch off at the start of the 2nd half. When are they going to learn?

HFC07
13-09-2014, 08:26 PM
I was saying the exact same thing to my old man.
The amount of games we have dominated the first half only to come out the second half and throw the game away or nearly throw it away is scary.

Seveno
13-09-2014, 08:58 PM
It is quite simple. We continue to play the way we were playing in the first half and expect the opposition to play the same way as they played. The problem is that the opposition tend to move up a gear and we fail to match it.

Jonnyboy
13-09-2014, 09:05 PM
It is quite simple. We continue to play the way we were playing in the first half and expect the opposition to play the same way as they played. The problem is that the opposition tend to move up a gear and we fail to match it.

:agree: They went to three at the back, having only Heff to mark and flooded the midfield

pedroorange1875
13-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Or for the 3rd match i have witnessed we think the game is won after a being up at half time...weak mentality as Stubbs has already alluded to is the problem

O'Rourke3
13-09-2014, 11:19 PM
I don't think we do play the same way we tend to miss the midfield out more and with one up top give the ball away. My question is why?

CallumLaidlaw
13-09-2014, 11:22 PM
:agree: They went to three at the back, having only Heff to mark and flooded the midfield

Which exactly what I said we should have done at half time to my mates. Cowden didn't have a shot in the first half. We should've moved to 3-5-2, and taken Robertson off for Malonga/Cummings.

emerald green
14-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Thanks for all of the above folks. It's possibly a combination of all of the above?

I was beginning to think it was just me wondering why this was happening. It's definitely an issue that the coaching team must get sorted out very quickly as we've got out of jail twice now. There are goals in this team, but they must stop making it harder for themselves than it need be.

hibby6270
14-09-2014, 12:21 PM
I said exactly the same to the other half at start of 2nd half. We needed another goal to start looking a bit more comfortable, then the inevitable double whammy and we're chasing a game that we were well in control of. May have been a Jimmy Nicholl rocket that sharpened their ideas up but even so, it should never get to the "OMG we are behind" position before putting a game beyond doubt.

That said, don't know where it's come from but we have developed a bit of "never give up" attitude which is great and served us well a couple of times so far this season. Let's just not make a habit of it.

And for those who left early yesterday? You must be sick. Great end to the game