PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Bomb.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2014, 06:18 PM
Absolute erse whoever set it off. Fine coming out way for that, well done you. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2014, 06:23 PM
Absolute erse whoever set it off. Fine coming out way for that, well done you. :aok:

Really? You on the wind up.

Pete
Delete this nonsense please. It sounds as if you're trying to drop us in it.

blackpoolhibs
I'm that happy we won, i have just let one off in my toilet.

Pete
13-09-2014, 06:24 PM

Is it green?

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 06:28 PM
I actually think stewards and Police are starting to turn a blind eye to them.

One at Alloa the other week was ignored as were 2 or 3 today. They are a bit of a pain in the erse if you're close to them but pretty harmless really.

FranckSuzy
13-09-2014, 06:30 PM
All joking aside, the effect of the 'smoke' could be felt over in the West and the person next to me was having a bit of difficulty with it. If you have asthma, COPD or any other respiratory problem, it could turn out pretty serious for someone.

Thecat23
13-09-2014, 06:33 PM
All joking aside, the effect of the 'smoke' could be felt over in the West and the person next to me was having a bit of difficulty with it. If you have asthma, COPD or any other respiratory problem, it could turn out pretty serious for someone.

This, don't care what anyone says on here. They are banned for a reason and if you let it off I hope you get done. Folks health means more than a ****ty bit of green smoke!

Scònaldò
13-09-2014, 06:33 PM

I hope you had the courtesy to open the window.

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2014, 06:34 PM
I hope you opened had the courtesy to open the window.

Dont be silly, the good lady is just about to go in. :wink:

cabbageandribs1875
13-09-2014, 06:37 PM

One at Alloa the other week was ignored as were 2 or 3 today. They are a bit of a pain in the erse if you're close to them but pretty harmless really.

which myself and a few mates were unfortunately downwind from :( don't think it done my COPD a world of good, ban the (smoke) bombs

oops...they ARE banned :fuming:

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 06:40 PM
which myself and a few mates were unfortunately downwind from :( don't think it done my COPD a world of good, ban the (smoke) bombs

oops...they ARE banned :fuming:

Me too and I did say they are a pain in the erse.

Tbh I'll admit I was a bit flippant saying they are harmless, I have asthma myself but just because they haven't had an effect on me yet doesn't mean it's the same for everyone.

Leith Green
13-09-2014, 06:41 PM
I was saying to my mate at the game, i don't think i saw 1 police officer at easter rd today, was just stewards.. Probably too busy with the sudden influx of bigots

silverhibee
13-09-2014, 06:53 PM

:rolleyes:

Hibeesmad
I don't have any problem with them but there are definitely people out there who could get easily harmed by them, hence why it's banned

FranckSuzy

I actually saw a guy getting huckled after the smoke bomb went off at Alloa so at least their stewards did something about it/them :aok:

sleeping giant
13-09-2014, 06:58 PM
I actually saw a guy getting huckled after the smoke bomb went off at Alloa so at least their stewards did something about it/them :aok:

That smoke bomb was right behind me :greengrin:
Personally , I think they are great.
I can understand that others don't though.

SmallvilleHibee
13-09-2014, 07:02 PM
I like them

lord bunberry
13-09-2014, 07:03 PM
I love them, they add ro the atmosphere

Up The Bracket
13-09-2014, 07:04 PM
I like them

Godsahibby
13-09-2014, 07:05 PM
Definitely not turning a blind eye. At Alloa I saw a boy being huckled swearing blindly it wisnae me who hud the pyros!!!

silverhibee
13-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Swearing, abusive language and smoking are all banned at ER, doesn't stop it happening though, was just in front of where they were being let off today, not got a problem with them and while we are in this s****y league then i don't think the authorities care to much about them, expect to see a lot more of them as the season progresses, gives the young team something to get excited about.

:top marks to the fans in section 43 today, top notch :top marks

Jay
13-09-2014, 07:17 PM

That was me :)
we were about as far away as you could get from where they were set off but when it got over to where we were I really struggled with it catching my throat and making me wheezy, three times! I had to sit with my jumper covering my nose and mouth looking like a right tube until it passed. By the end of it I thought I was going to be sick. I'm no complainer or moaner about things normally but if that's how it affected me at that distance I dread to think how it could affect me or others if it was closer. Seemed to be totally accepted by the stewards.

FranckSuzy
13-09-2014, 07:26 PM
we were about as far away as you could get from where they were set off but when it got over to where we were I really struggled with it catching my throat and making me wheezy, three times! I had to sit with my jumper covering my nose and mouth looking like a right tube until it passed. By the end of it I thought I was going to be sick. I'm no complainer or moaner about things normally but if that's how it affected me at that distance I dread to think how it could affect me or others if it was closer. Seemed to be totally accepted by the stewards.

Christ, what with perforated eardrums and respiratory distress, going to ER is becoming dangerous :greengrin

Bronson
13-09-2014, 07:28 PM
They're pretty harmless IMO, yet to hear a tale of someone suffering any injury or health scare as a result of one. Think they look pretty good as well although I'd save them for bigger games than Cowdenbeath at home.

CropleyWasGod
13-09-2014, 07:35 PM

Yeah, you're in the minority.

Stay away from ER, and dinnae come back until yer lungs can stand a 20-pack of Capstan Full Strength, without filters.

Wimp.

:greengrin

kaimendhibs
13-09-2014, 07:39 PM
Was stinking in ff upper too. However, at least the stewards managed to take a plastic bottle of water from someone. Priorities eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2014, 07:40 PM
Delete this nonsense please. It sounds as if you're trying to drop us in it.

Not trying to drop anyone in it. The only person dropping us in it is the person who let it off.

They're banned for a reason.

Jay
13-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Christ, what with perforated eardrums and respiratory distress, going to ER is becoming dangerous :greengrin

Poor football, Ear plugs and a gas mask all for about £400 a year. Not bad at half the price eh? :)

Jay
13-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Yeah, you're in the minority.

Stay away from ER, and dinnae come back until yer lungs can stand a 20-pack of Capstan Full Strength, without filters.

Wimp.

Maybe I should start smoking to toughen myself up a bit :)

Seriously though, I'm genuinely not making a thing of it just telling it as it was. I suspect I would have had to have moved if I was near where it happened.

greenpaper55
13-09-2014, 07:52 PM
My mate bought us tickets inline but pressed the wrong button thinking we were in the west but we ended up above the singing section !. We had a grandstand view of the fourteen year olds setting off the flares and not one steward or police tried to stop it. Mind you i don't think there was any police at the game today and perhaps to busy with the Orange walk that was going on. Flares might look good on the telly but believe me if you are an old git like me it's the last thing you need but at least it hid from view what was on the pitch.

Swedish hibee
13-09-2014, 08:05 PM
It's a right old moan tonight on here, so far I've read 3 threads groaning about the catering, club programme & now this. Jeezo.

Will it get better when you vote yes? :greengrin

FranckSuzy
13-09-2014, 08:10 PM
It's a right old moan tonight on here, so far I've read 3 threads groaning about the catering, club programme & now this. Jeezo.

:grr: :devil:

Seriously, it may be fun to some people but not if you suffer ill-effects from it. I'm all for 'live and let live' but in a public place, you have to adhere to the rules, whether you like/agree with them or not. :rules: :wink:

OsloHibs
13-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Damn those Hibs kids :wink:

Jay
13-09-2014, 08:27 PM
What happened?

Much ado about nothing really. 3 smoke bombs were let off in the east over the course of the game. I'm sure I'm not the only one who had a cough, splutter and a bit of a wheeze. It's illegal for a reason but some think it's okay.

Ronniekirk
13-09-2014, 08:30 PM

I bought a programme although haven't read it yet ,got two delicious hot fresh pies with the missus before game started and was in front of section 44 East and smoke bombs didn't bother me ,but still not sure what I am voting

SunshineOnLeith
13-09-2014, 08:36 PM
The OP is blatant nonsense.

HOWEVER.

At Alloa the kids who had them were just dropping them at their feet which, at a ground like Recreation Park, just means everyone behind the goals had various senses assaulted for the first 5 minutes or so of the game, which was annoying. I thought the whole point in those smoke cannister things was that you could hold them up, thus avoiding shrouding the entire area in smoke?

tamig
13-09-2014, 09:07 PM
They're pretty harmless IMO, yet to hear a tale of someone suffering any injury or health scare as a result of one. Think they look pretty good as well although I'd save them for bigger games than Cowdenbeath at home.

That's a pretty ignorant view. Have you not read any of the other posts on the thread?

Thecat23
13-09-2014, 09:12 PM
Since dropping down I've not seen any police inside the ground. Usually have a couple in the tunnel and at the corners usually away corner. But games this season I haven't seen any?

Have we stopped bringing them in and maybe using them for just the Hearts and Gers games?

j'adore hibs
13-09-2014, 09:16 PM
ffs

HappyAsHellas
13-09-2014, 09:21 PM
We were right in front of the people who let off the smoke bombs. At close proximity there is no sense of the smoke whatsoever, as in something that may cause choking. As the coloured cloud disperses, you could clearly see the harmful grey smoke dissipating over the top of the stand. For what it's worth, I think it looks fine, and was the most photographed thing judging by all the phones pointed in that direction every time one was set off. I don't think they should be banned as they do add to the atmosphere in a positive visual manner.

They are safe to hold, but then it's too bloody obvious who set it off then.

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2014, 09:38 PM
We were right in front of the people who let off the smoke bombs. At close proximity there is no sense of the smoke whatsoever, as in something that may cause choking. As the coloured cloud disperses, you could clearly see the harmful grey smoke dissipating over the top of the stand. For what it's worth, I think it looks fine, and was the most photographed thing judging by all the phones pointed in that direction every time one was set off. I don't think they should be banned as they do add to the atmosphere in a positive visual manner.

The harmful grey smoke reached the West stand and caused at least one person distress/discomfort, I was surprised at how strong it was when it reached us in the West.

hibbytam
13-09-2014, 09:44 PM
Since dropping down I've not seen any police inside the ground. Usually have a couple in the tunnel and at the corners usually away corner. But games this season I haven't seen any?

Have we stopped bringing them in and maybe using them for just the Hearts and Gers games?

I'm sure this was something the police were looking to do anyway, throughout the leagues.

Thecat23
13-09-2014, 09:46 PM
I'm sure this was something the police were looking to do anyway, throughout the leagues.

Ah right, I wasn't sure if it was because we dropped out and knowing us we want to always save every penny. But if it's something that was happening through the leagues anyway then fair dos.

I'd imagine the derby and The Rangers games will be heavily policed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay
13-09-2014, 09:47 PM

Harmful grey smoke? Harmful in what way? Is it not harmful when it's first let off then, just as it dissipates over the top of the stand? I can assure you I could taste this dissipated smoke and I wasn't on top of the stand, in fact I'm only in row G, pretty low down really. I hasten to add I wasn't choking, nor needed oxygen,just wheezy which is not normal for me and it caught the back of my throat. I was more concerned I looked like a total choob covering my nose and mouth with my sleeve. Now your telling me it's harmful? :p

Bronson
13-09-2014, 09:48 PM
That's a pretty ignorant view. Have you not read any of the other posts on the thread?

I read numerous posts from some people who simply didn't like them, not any real health concerns. I have asthma and have been right next to them numerous times with no real issues. They don't smell particularly great and you might cough a bit but I have never heard of them causing any real harm anywhere.

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 09:55 PM

There have been a few games throughout the leagues where there has been no Police presence, they just don't publicise it.

Aberdeen v Motherwell a couple of seasons back was the 1st time it happened and it attracted a bit press attention at the time.

HappyAsHellas
13-09-2014, 09:58 PM
Harmful grey smoke? Harmful in what way? Is it not harmful when it's first let off then, just as it dissipates over the top of the stand? I can assure you I could taste this dissipated smoke and I wasn't on top of the stand, in fact I'm only in row G, pretty low down really. I hasten to add I wasn't choking, nor needed oxygen,just wheezy which is not normal for me and it caught the back of my throat. I was more concerned I looked like a total choob covering my nose and mouth with my sleeve. Now your telling me it's harmful? :p

Not really that harmful at all, but not what you want to be inhaling 24/7. Anyway, here's what actually happens, with the ingredients, normally sugar and potassium nitrate:

The sugar will be oxidized to carbon dioxide and water. The nitrogen in the potassium nitrate will be reduced to nitrogen gas. The potassium will end up as potassium carbonate (the carbon coming from the CO2 from the sugar). Small amounts of other products will be formed, of course, but these are the only important ones.

Other smoke bomb compositions produce different products, but the principle is the same: a solid is produced and dispersed into the air, creating a smoke that scatters and blocks light.

Nothing to lose any sleep over, they do sell them in kids party packs nowadays.

Jay
13-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Not really that harmful at all, but not what you want to be inhaling 24/7. Anyway, here's what actually happens, with the ingredients, normally sugar and potassium nitrate:

The sugar will be oxidized to carbon dioxide and water. The nitrogen in the potassium nitrate will be reduced to nitrogen gas. The potassium will end up as potassium carbonate (the carbon coming from the CO2 from the sugar). Small amounts of other products will be formed, of course, but these are the only important ones.

Other smoke bomb compositions produce different products, but the principle is the same: a solid is produced and dispersed into the air, creating a smoke that scatters and blocks light.

Nothing to lose any sleep over, they do sell them in kids party packs nowadays.

I think your trying to baffle me with science now, it may be working :)

Like I say, I only know it affected me, hasn't before, may not again but it definitely did today. I will move if one goes off beside me purely on my experience today. No biggy really

tamig
13-09-2014, 10:31 PM
I read numerous posts from some people who simply didn't like them, not any real health concerns. I have asthma and have been right next to them numerous times with no real issues. They don't smell particularly great and you might cough a bit but I have never heard of them causing any real harm anywhere.
Suppose it depends what you mean by real harm. A few folk have mentioned feelings of discomfort and I'm sure someone mentioned on an earlier smoke bomb thread - there have been a few - about a lad down south who had a serious asthma attack when one was set off near him. I think there is evidence that they can do harm.

LancashireHibby
13-09-2014, 10:32 PM
There have been a few games throughout the leagues where there has been no Police presence, they just don't publicise it.

Aberdeen v Motherwell a couple of seasons back was the 1st time it happened and it attracted a bit press attention at the time.
Quite a common scenario down here, and with quite a few featuring bigger crowds and away followings.

.Sean.
13-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Who cares?? In my ignorant and selfish point of view, I like them.

.Sean.
13-09-2014, 10:58 PM
Not trying to drop anyone in it. The only person dropping us in it is the person who let it off.

They're banned for a reason.
Not trying to drop anyone in it? Nah not likely, thats why you've brought it up on a public forum.

Loads of **** is banned/ illegal/ frowned upon. Folk do it anyway because it's fun.

Jay
13-09-2014, 11:05 PM
Not trying to drop anyone in it? Nah not likely, thats why you've brought it up on a public forum.

Loads of **** is banned/ illegal/ frowned upon. Folk do it anyway because it's fun.

Thousands of people saw it, it was hardly a secret! Cut out the personal stuff too please

CropleyWasGod
13-09-2014, 11:13 PM
Who cares?? In my ignorant and selfish point of view, I like them.

So you are comfortable that it might affect the well-being of others?

O'Rourke3
13-09-2014, 11:16 PM

Are we talking recreational drugs or driving drunk? Everyone's freedom of choice could be an infringement of someone else's rights. Depends on what you consider fun. I still shudder at the CS gas incident because I had no idea at the time what was actually happening. Just because it's chemically "harmless" doesn't mean it cannot cause harm.

Hermit Crab
13-09-2014, 11:45 PM

Rubbish. They do no harm.

Albanian Hibs
14-09-2014, 07:49 AM
What are the words to the song that was sung a lot today especially when the bombs were let off? Cracking tune and very catchy. All I could make out were the words Hibees and Easter Road.

Jack
14-09-2014, 10:11 AM
Smoke bombs!!!!!!??????

I thought it was from the candles on Pat Stantons birthday cake!

SmallvilleHibee
14-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Would everyone rather the singing section sat still for 90 minutes? The atmosphere is brilliant at the moment and we should keep it that way.

FranckSuzy
14-09-2014, 12:03 PM
Would everyone rather the singing section sat still for 90 minutes? The atmosphere is brilliant at the moment and we should keep it that way.

The issue being discussed is a smoke bomb :confused:

hibby6270
14-09-2014, 12:12 PM

.............. Until one goes wrong and somebody gets seriously hurt.

No place for these in the game today. Perpetrators should be shopped and banned. :aok:

The Gorf
14-09-2014, 12:27 PM
Dont be silly, the good lady is just about to go in. :wink:
With a box of matches ?

Pete
14-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Extractor fans on the roof of the East. Problem solved.

HappyAsHellas
14-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Mrs S, if you're ever on holiday in Greece, stay away from any Aris games........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OI6ecmya6w:greengrin

DC_Hibs
14-09-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm all for it as long as there's no more than a handful of injuries to asthmatics and other disabled groups each week.

Looking forward to some of this at Dumfries next week.........and on the bus going down:

http://uf97.de/galerie/1112/34_karlsruhe/06.jpg

southern hibby
14-09-2014, 02:09 PM
I'm not for or against them. I think they are a bit of fun, however primes health should come first.

So this raises a question too all personal who are against them. Do any of you smoke and if so do you smoke I'n the toilets at half time? May not be the same as smoke bombs but why should non smokers who need to go to the toilet breathe I'n your filthy cigarette smoke?

GGTTH

southern hibby
14-09-2014, 02:14 PM
Sorry post above should read peoples health GGTTH

Ronniekirk
14-09-2014, 02:29 PM
The issue being discussed is a smoke bomb :confused:

Think the word Bomb :timebomb:is a bit misleading .but usually there is no smoke without fire . Come to think of it didn't see any fire . I did have a funny aftertaste in my mouth at the end of the game though

gordieboy
15-09-2014, 04:36 AM
I was saying to my mate at the game, i don't think i saw 1 police officer at easter rd today, was just stewards.. Probably too busy with the sudden influx of bigots

Most games at Easter Road and Tynecastle are police free these days.

greenpaper55
15-09-2014, 05:28 AM
I was surprised the fourteen year olds who had the flares had the brains to light the things, what a load of crap.

CmoantheHibs
15-09-2014, 05:32 AM
Smoke bombs!!!!!!??????

I thought it was from the candles on Pat Stantons birthday cake!

1two
15-09-2014, 07:20 AM
It's a tad cringey using the in a second tier match at home to Cowdenbeath in my opinion.

IanM
15-09-2014, 08:11 AM
I'm all for it as long as there's no more than a handful of injuries to asthmatics and other disabled groups each week.

Looking forward to some of this at Dumfries next week.........and on the bus going down:

http://uf97.de/galerie/1112/34_karlsruhe/06.jpg

I bet the Hibs players wished we had that many smoke bombs at the game, would make the fans disappear!

what about a designated smoke bomb area? :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
15-09-2014, 09:11 AM
Are we talking recreational drugs or driving drunk? Everyone's freedom of choice could be an infringement of someone else's rights. Depends on what you consider fun. I still shudder at the CS gas incident because I had no idea at the time what was actually happening. Just because it's chemically "harmless" doesn't mean it cannot cause harm.

harmless
Pronunciation: /ˈhɑːmləs /
ADJECTIVE

1Not able or likely to cause harm:
the venom of most spiders is harmless to humans

:dunno:

O'Rourke3
15-09-2014, 10:19 AM
harmless
Pronunciation: /ˈhɑːmləs /
ADJECTIVE

1Not able or likely to cause harm:
the venom of most spiders is harmless to humans

:dunno:
So someone panicking suddenly being surrounded by smoke, panicking and injuring themselves or someone else doesn't make something harmless harmful then? What's the dictionary definition for that one? :dunno:

Phil D. Rolls
15-09-2014, 10:42 AM
So someone panicking suddenly being surrounded by smoke, panicking and injuring themselves or someone else doesn't make something harmless harmful then? What's the dictionary definition for that one? :dunno:

So - in a parallel world - the word harmless actually means harmful? How many people weren't harmed on Saturday?

O'Rourke3
15-09-2014, 11:38 AM
So - in a parallel world - the word harmless actually means harmful? How many people weren't harmed on Saturday?

:rolleyes: No any any world harmless means harmless. I'm making a point that because something is branded harmless doesn't mean it doesn't have potential to cause harm. On Saturday I guess nearly everyone wasn't harmed but according to your rationale, had there been one, the majority not harmed made that ok then? :aok:

Phil D. Rolls
15-09-2014, 11:59 AM
:rolleyes: No any any world harmless means harmless. I'm making a point that because something is branded harmless doesn't mean it doesn't have potential to cause harm. On Saturday I guess nearly everyone wasn't harmed but according to your rationale, had there been one, the majority not harmed made that ok then? :aok:

I take your point. I haven't really thought too much about it, and I think they are stupid things to take to games - as I can't see how someone could get excited by it.

However, I think we worry too much about potential harm these days, to the extent that the fun is being taken out of life. I suppose dry ice machines in Discos could also be dangerous.

Jay
15-09-2014, 12:18 PM
I take your point. I haven't really thought too much about it, and I think they are stupid things to take to games - as I can't see how someone could get excited by it.

However, I think we worry too much about potential harm these days, to the extent that the fun is being taken out of life. I suppose dry ice machines in Discos could also be dangerous.

Not much fun to be had by those it can potentially harm though eh?

Phil D. Rolls
15-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Not much fun to be had by those it can potentially harm though eh?

I think I've already agreed on that one.

Jay
15-09-2014, 01:03 PM
I think I've already agreed on that one.

Yeah I know, I was supporting your stance :p

Phil D. Rolls
15-09-2014, 01:08 PM
Yeah I know, I was supporting your stance :p

:aok: Thanks.

GreenArmyyy!
15-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Over the last couple of years the police has been slowly drawn out of category B games. There were a few premiership games last year that we never had any police at all.

mca
15-09-2014, 07:34 PM
what about a designated smoke bomb area? :greengrin

Behind the East.. Maybe let the Smokers out at Half time as well.. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

silverhibee
15-09-2014, 10:34 PM
Behind the East.. Maybe let the Smokers out at Half time as well.. http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

Or just light up when the flares get set off. :greengrin

PatHead
15-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Understand the smoke bombs are in the referee report.

SFA now involved, at best our CEO will waste a lot of time form filling, explaining what has gone on and being done to stop them getting into the ground, policing them etc.

At best we will get off with a slap on the wrist, at worst a fine and the police insisting they cover our games costing the club a shedload of money that should be spent on getting Leigh back.

Please stop.

silverhibee
15-09-2014, 11:41 PM

SFA now involved, at best our CEO will waste a lot of time form filling, explaining what has gone on and being done to stop them getting into the ground, policing them etc.

At best we will get off with a slap on the wrist, at worst a fine and the police insisting they cover our games costing the club a shedload of money that should be spent on getting Leigh back.

Please stop.

Is this normal for the referee to report this type of stuff that happens in the stands, not as if it affected things on the pitch.

And i thought it was a local business man that was bankrolling the Griffiths deal.

Hermit Crab
15-09-2014, 11:43 PM
Is this normal for the referee to report this type of stuff that happens in the stands, not as if it affected things on the pitch.

And i thought it was a local business man that was bankrolling the Griffiths deal.

Aye. His wages. I think he's referring to a possible permanent deal in the future.

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Mrs S, if you're ever on holiday in Greece, stay away from any Aris games........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OI6ecmya6w:greengrin

Bloody hell, there's a hell of a fine coming their way. :greengrin

Jay
16-09-2014, 08:29 AM

Please stop.

That's a bit harsh is it not? We have absolutely no way of knowing if the club are doing anything towards getting Leigh back nor if any fines would stop it happening if they are. Unless of course your speaking on behalf of the club?

Maybe our CEO needs to question why nothing was done at the time by anyone.

green&left
16-09-2014, 09:40 AM

Stash sorted for Saturday.

DarrenSQH
16-09-2014, 10:27 AM
I think they look cool.

Also i love the smell. its like fireworks night.

PatHead
16-09-2014, 12:24 PM
That's a bit harsh is it not? We have absolutely no way of knowing if the club are doing anything towards getting Leigh back nor if any fines would stop it happening if they are. Unless of course your speaking on behalf of the club?

Maybe our CEO needs to question why nothing was done at the time by anyone.

Of course I am not speaking on behalf of the club but it stands to reason that if we had to pay a fine the money has to come from somewhere. I was being flippant using Leigh as an example but the point still stands.

Weststandwanab
16-09-2014, 12:49 PM
I think they look cool.

Also i love the smell. its like fireworks night.

If you have seen and heard the damage these things can do - I am afraid I have - I think you would change your mind.

Chuck Rhoades
16-09-2014, 12:58 PM
If you have seen and heard the damage these things can do - I am afraid I have - I think you would change your mind.

Smoke bombs do not make noise?

You must be thinking of another pyrotechnic.

edinburghhibee
16-09-2014, 01:03 PM
I like them, it gives most of the crowd a lift in a childish kind of way and I've on the whole found that we sing louder when one goes off. I mind being at Ayr a couple seasons ago and one going off right beside me. I remember the noise was unbelievable but that might be due to the old stands that hold the atmosphere.

dangermouse
16-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Extractor fans on the roof of the East. Problem solved.

Don't be stupid, that's where the helipad is meant to be going. :greengrin

silverhibee
16-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Of course I am not speaking on behalf of the club but it stands to reason that if we had to pay a fine the money has to come from somewhere. I was being flippant using Leigh as an example but the point still stands.

So where did you get the info from as i have looked at the papers today and nothing mentioned in any of them about the referee reporting this incident, and how does the point still stand if we haven't been fined for it.

How many other clubs were punished in the lower leagues over the last couple of seasons for setting flares of at league & cup games.

silverhibee
16-09-2014, 01:13 PM

Are you talking about smoke bombs or fireworks.

PatHead
16-09-2014, 01:25 PM
So where did you get the info from as i have looked at the papers today and nothing mentioned in any of them about the referee reporting this incident, and how does the point still stand if we haven't been fined for it.

How many other clubs were punished in the lower leagues over the last couple of seasons for setting flares of at league & cup games.

Sorry can't tell you my source. Please respect that.

Sure the papers will pick up on it sometime

In answer your other question I don't know as I didn't pay any attention to lower leagues last year.

HappyAsHellas
16-09-2014, 02:18 PM
The authorities in Britain seem very keen to come down hard on people doing this at games, with some people being jailed, yes jailed, for letting off a smoke bomb. Looking through the UEFA penalties handed out to clubs document, most of the fines are for racist songs, although fines are dished out regularly for UEFA games. The Poznan fans response to this was quite impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GRKGT0v9sA

Seems to say fine us all you want........

Meanwhile, with a slightly less professional display with some alarming consequences, have a look here;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/paok-vs-olympiakos-watch-greek-3423286

Interestingly, the fans who voted on this poll are 78% in favour of these for the EPL.

Jonnyboy
16-09-2014, 06:22 PM

Ross, I think 'heard' meant stories from other Hibs fans affected by the smoke as opposed to hearing the smoke bomb go off

tamig
16-09-2014, 06:31 PM
Ross, I think 'heard' meant stories from other Hibs fans affected by the smoke as opposed to hearing the smoke bomb go off

Indeed. I think some people will clutch at any straw to try and justify their actions. They look good but they smell pish and they can cause damage to people with respiratory issues. Ban them.

Weststandwanab
16-09-2014, 09:49 PM
I heard the numpty that let them off were identified by camera, arrested and charged.

Time the Club came out and clarified this.

Gerard
16-09-2014, 09:58 PM

Please stop.

Money as we all know is something that our club has in limited supply. We do not need to be fined for something that can be avoided:wink: Any fine we pay is money that will not be spent on football spend at our club.:wink:

Gerard
16-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Don't be stupid, that's where the helipad is meant to be going. :greengrin

There will be several helipads:wink::greengrin also a tram stop:wink::greengrin

edinburghhibee
17-09-2014, 06:14 AM
I heard the numpty that let them off were identified by camera, arrested and charged. Time the Club came out and clarified this. Unless someone in the ground sees who let the smoke bomb off at the time and reports it this is the main method of catching the persons responsible. Culprits are not always pulled at the game most of the time it's after the game usually when the crowds are leaving someone's pulled aside as they exit. In my experience anyway.

Weststandwanab
17-09-2014, 07:17 AM

Both

Are you talking about smoke bombs or fireworks.

In this case the former

Unless someone in the ground sees who let the smoke bomb off at the time and reports it this is the main method of catching the persons responsible. Culprits are not always pulled at the game most of the time it's after the game usually when the crowds are leaving someone's pulled aside as they exit. In my experience anyway.

Caught by CCTV I understand