PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan ????

Torto7062
13-09-2014, 05:46 PM
Am I missing something here with this Lad

I expected a lot more from him but time shall be given.

Borderhibbie76
13-09-2014, 06:33 PM
I agree...early days but not impressed by him so far. ..very poor at Alloa and today...

Scottie
13-09-2014, 06:37 PM
Give the lad some slack. He needs matches to get to full fitness. :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 06:41 PM
He had a bit of a nightmare today.

Judas Iscariot
13-09-2014, 06:55 PM
If he's any good, half fit or no, he'd be able to show it against joiners, sparkies etc who play football part time...

Ozyhibby
13-09-2014, 06:56 PM

?

lord bunberry
13-09-2014, 06:59 PM

We've not got time mate, our rivals are stealing a march on us

Hibby Bairn
13-09-2014, 06:59 PM
Didn't see him do much wrong bar the pass for their goal. Always looking for the ball. Was surprised when he got subbed.

iwasthere1972
13-09-2014, 07:01 PM
He had a bit of a nightmare today.

Can you have a nightmare during the day?

Ozyhibby
13-09-2014, 07:01 PM
Is he lacking fitness or just lazy? He tends to stroll about when not on the ball whether in the first or last minute.

Hamish
13-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Didn't see him do much wrong bar the pass for their goal. Always looking for the ball. Was surprised when he got subbed.

Agree. There were to my mind other candidates more worthy of being subbed. To be fair it did allow McGeouch.to play further forward, so that's why I am posting on here and not giving the post match press conference.😃

stokesmessiah
13-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Can you have a nightmare during the day?

Can you only sleep at night?

greenlex
13-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Needs a bit more urgency to his game three touches when two would do. Etc. there were times he was closed down quickly where an earlier ball could have created an opening instead of him turning back.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Allan was great at utd but i reckon some of these guys are moving onto other clubs before they are ready then once they are out of their comfort zone they lose the confidence that drove them on in the first place.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Wasted playing in front of the back four. Should be playing attacking midfield.

Danderhall Hibs
13-09-2014, 07:55 PM

So is that both him and Craig being played out of position? Why do we keep doing this?

whiskyhibby
13-09-2014, 07:58 PM
He didn't have a great game today, not sure why, he has been excellent most of the games he has played....

Winston Ingram
13-09-2014, 07:59 PM
I've seen him 4 times and though today wasn't his best game, he wasn't awful. He was excellent when he came on v Livi & arguably motm v Falkirk. This boys a player:agree:

trev the hat
Don't think he's being played out of position at all he just needs to apply himself & quickly.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
So is that both him and Craig being played out of position? Why do we keep doing this?

Wish I could tell you. Not keen on that 4 2 3 1 formation, far too narrow for me. Allan was told when he signed he would be played in attacking mid. Said it in his interview too.

Don't think that was the reason for him having a bad game (playing infront of the back four), although it wouldn't have helped. Has to be playing in an attacking/advanced midfield role IMO.

SMAXXA
13-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Typical thread when someone isn't at their best suddenly he is lazy or no good enough, he's a young lad so let's give him the benefit of the doubt that folk give or have given, Harris, Forster, Hanlon, handling, Lewis, booth.

B.H.F.C
13-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Typical thread when someone isn't at their best suddenly he is lazy or no good enough, he's a young lad so let's give him the benefit of the doubt that folk give or have given, Harris, Forster, Hanlon, handling, Lewis, booth.

Don't think he was lazy or anything like that. He does have talent. I think we are entitled to ask for more from him than he has shown so far though. Particularly against the likes of Cowdenbeath and Alloa.

Hibeesmad
13-09-2014, 08:17 PM
People seem to focus on the negatives but when he came on against Hearts the other week I thought he changed the game for us

Judas Iscariot
13-09-2014, 08:20 PM
People seem to focus on the negatives but when he came on against Hearts the other week I thought he changed the game for us

We still got beat?!

GGTTHibees
13-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Thought he was bad today. Not as bad as Grey though...

SneakersO'Toole
13-09-2014, 08:35 PM

The only rationale post amongst a thread of drivel.

IWasThere2016
13-09-2014, 10:07 PM

This. 100%

JJP
13-09-2014, 10:42 PM
I haven't seen the last 2 games because of work but he's looked good in all the games I've seen him in so far. BMD is right in saying he is being played out of position though. He's still a young player and isn't going to be totally consistent. If he was I doubt he'd find himself with us.

Golden Bear
13-09-2014, 10:46 PM
We still got beat?!

Aye but only by a single goal. That almost counts for a lap of honour these days.

AlbertK86
13-09-2014, 10:58 PM
Thought he was doing okay today and would have taken Robbo off long before him

442 with him and McGeogh central

Shouldn't need 2 defensive holding mid at this level

Golden Bear
13-09-2014, 11:01 PM
I could never comprehend the instant love in with the signing of Scott Allan. I don't know the guy particularly well but so far he's just been another ten a penny very average midfield player who is allegedly being played out of position.

Same old story eh.

Danderhall Hibs
13-09-2014, 11:09 PM
I could never comprehend the instant love in with the signing of Scott Allan. I don't know the guy particularly well but so far he's just been another ten a penny very average midfield player who is allegedly being played out of position.

Same old story eh.

:agree: same here. Hopefully changes soon.

J-C
13-09-2014, 11:21 PM
Thought Allan was ok today but he did get into the same positions McGouch was and they were getting in each others way, hopefully the more games together a better understanding will come, when one goes forward the other will hang fire, I thought he linked up well with Robertson in the 1st half.

Hibby Bairn
14-09-2014, 09:24 AM

Same old story eh.

Did you not say on another thread that you didn't go to the game yesterday?

Brightside
14-09-2014, 09:36 AM
He was lazy yesterday. Not a chance he put in the required effort, hence why he was taken off. No doubt he has the skills but the minimum we need is effort.

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2014, 09:46 AM
He was lazy yesterday. Not a chance he put in the required effort, hence why he was taken off. No doubt he has the skills but the minimum we need is effort.

I hope Everton and Fulham were not there yesterday.

Brightside
14-09-2014, 09:53 AM
I hope Everton and Fulham were not there yesterday.

You think Hanlon was at fault for the goals? Well seen you weren't there. He put in a last ditch tackle for the first one, after an amateur fat player was able to waltz past 3 of our players, for the 2nd one he tried to cut off a cut back from the by line, got a head to it, but it fell their player. Again they should never have got the space to run to the byline. Our midfield were shocking at closing down players yesterday and stood off a yard. Scott Allan cares more about his hair than tracking back.

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2014, 09:59 AM
You think Hanlon was at fault for the goals? Well seen you weren't there. He put in a last ditch tackle for the first one, after an amateur fat player was able to waltz past 3 of our players, for the 2nd one he tried to cut off a cut back from the by line, got a head to it, but it fell their player. Again they should never have got the space to run to the byline. Our midfield were shocking at closing down players yesterday and stood off a yard. Scott Allan cares more about his hair than tracking back.

I dont have to be there to watch HI, and witness some shocking defending from both central defenders.

The first goal Forster should have shut down the cross into the box by closing the space between the keeper and the 6 yard box. He needed to drop 3 or 4 yards to cut out that corridor on uncertainty. Of course the midfielders should have went with their players too, but Forsters positioning for the ball in was poor.

The 2nd goal was just awful defending from Hanlon, a terrible header from him although it was pin point right enough to their player to score.

Brightside
14-09-2014, 10:03 AM
I dont have to be there to watch HI, and witness some shocking defending from both central defenders.

The first goal Forster should have shut down the cross into the box by closing the space between the keeper and the 6 yard box. He needed to drop 3 or 4 yards to cut out that corridor on uncertainty. Of course the midfielders should have went with their players too, but Forsters positioning for the ball in was poor.

The 2nd goal was just awful defending from Hanlon, a terrible header from him although it was pin point right enough to their player to score.

hahaha...a terrible.. he was diving backwards to try and get a head on it. you need to check your internet connection. The point is they should be getting anywhere near that position. they strolled past our midfield.

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2014, 10:05 AM
hahaha...a terrible.. he was diving backwards to try and get a head on it. you need to check your internet connection. The point is they should be getting anywhere near that position. they strolled past our midfield.

Just checked it, 17mb, clear as a bell. And the point is they did get to the position where they put the ball into the box, and we should as a defense defend much better than we did yesterday and in the past.

Golden Bear
14-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Did you not say on another thread that you didn't go to the game yesterday?

I did, however I have seen him in previous games.

hibby6270
14-09-2014, 11:52 AM
From what I've seen he is a clever uncomplicated player who does give the impression go being a bit lazy, or maybe more accurately, lacks a bit of urgency.

That said, IMO, he does see that "killer defence splitting pass" and attempts to make them but team mates make it look a bad decision because they haven't anticipated it quickly enough. Rather than the intended receiver of the pass getting the bad press, He is the one getting the criticism.

Time will tell if he can get the rest if the team on to his wavelength. If they do, then the like of Cummings and Malonga will benefit. The latter also looked a bit lazy yesterday when he came on but his touch and movement impressed me enough to say he looks a good acquisition - AND - he showed everyone how a penalty should be taken!!:greengrin

Hibby Bairn
14-09-2014, 01:36 PM
I did, however I have seen him in previous games.

:aok:

I actually thought Allan had a decent game but agree he "looked" lazy and/or a wee bit unfit. But he looks like he is a leader. An organiser. Prompting. Probing. Wanting the ball. Looking to create.

Once fully match fit, I think he will go on to be an excellent player for Hibs and possibly even captain.

kevinc
14-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Allan was great at utd but i reckon some of these guys are moving onto other clubs before they are ready then once they are out of their comfort zone they lose the confidence that drove them on in the first place.

Great with United? He only played 8 times for them.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-09-2014, 03:23 PM
Crap yesterday but he's undoubtedly a decent player. There was no need for him and Robertson to be playing yesterday against that shower. Should have been one or the other next to DM with two up top