to be told their was only mince pies
left....surely Hibs should deal with the
catering as the company who do are utter
pish.....
Food is murder and seriously overpriced
#thievinggits

Ricky Bobby
13-09-2014, 05:53 PM
You are right the standard and choice of food is a disgrace, especially given the Monte Carlo prices. It's beyond me how Hibs cannot get a tie in with a decent producer like Greggs or Stephens. They would surely sell more if the quality and pricing was better.

Keith_M
13-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Have you filled in the Survey Online (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4798)?

You could add something about the Food & Service if you feel strongly about it.

iwasthere1972
13-09-2014, 06:01 PM
That's nothing. Back in about 1983 I queued for 20 minutes at one of the old wooden huts in the east for a couple of pies for me and my brother only to be told they only sell match programs. :agree:

MSK
13-09-2014, 06:02 PM
That's nothing. Back in about 1983 I queued for 20 minutes at one of the old wooden huts in the east for a couple of pies for me and my brother only to be told they only sell match programs. :agree::tee hee:

JollyGreenGiant
13-09-2014, 06:03 PM
Typical Hibs service - You go to get a couple of drinks for the kids and it takes half an hour, and whilst waiting I realise that only 1 out of the 4 coke machines was working! The young kids working were really under pressure but they had to queue up themselves to get to the juice filled up. This was the FF Lower :confused:

Keith_M
13-09-2014, 06:03 PM
That's nothing. Back in about 1983 I queued for 20 minutes at one of the old wooden huts in the east for a couple of pies for me and my brother only to be told they only sell match programs. :agree:

You should have sent a letter of complaint to the Club.

:greengrin

Carheenlea
13-09-2014, 06:05 PM

People have been complaining about this for a number of years, the club know full well the main issues of complaint - chronically slow service and poor and vastly overpriced food. If anything, things have got even worse. Waste of time filling out a survey.

Bostonhibby
13-09-2014, 06:05 PM
Dinnae see the problem myself, last time I was at ER with one of my mates who is used to Stamford Bridge and City Ground catering, he said that our Hot dogs might look and taste like Weebox (look it up - I did!) crammed into an empty toilet roll holder but it was only 40p dearer than Chelsea. That was last March and we have a relegation to pay for.

GreenCastle
13-09-2014, 06:06 PM
I haven't bought food or drink at Easter Road for about 15 years it's been that bad.

Prices, service and quality are terrible.

SteveHFC
13-09-2014, 06:25 PM
Bring back the popcorn I say!

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2014, 06:27 PM
The last 2 pies i purchased at easter road are still imbedded in John Greigs perm. :wink:

Pete
13-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Typical Hibs service - You go to get a couple of drinks for the kids and it takes half an hour, and whilst waiting I realise that only 1 out of the 4 coke machines was working! The young kids working were really under pressure but they had to queue up themselves to get to the juice filled up. This was the FF Lower :confused:

nearly 25 minutes to get served there. Absolutely ridiculous.

Bostonhibby
13-09-2014, 06:34 PM
nearly 25 minutes to get served there. Absolutely ridiculous.

Absolutely ridiculous, FFS how long does it take to spread some wallpaper paste onto a polystyrene tile and throw it in a box? to speed things along you even put on your own red, yellow or brown B&Q value emulsion to add a bit of colour at the end.

Ronniekirk
13-09-2014, 06:35 PM
I was in the ground twent minutes before kick off with the missus , no que and god two delicious hot pies and large diet coke That's the good news at nealy seven quid it is overpriced

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 06:38 PM
Just don't buy it.

I know that can be easier said than done with kids but get them a Greggs or something pre game and take a packet of sweets in with you.

Hibs don't run the catering stalls anyway so your not costing the club money by not buying. If people keep queuing and paying the prices then they'll keep getting away with it.

Bostonhibby
13-09-2014, 06:39 PM
I was in the ground twent minutes before kick off with the missus , no que and god two delicious hot pies and large diet coke That's the good news at nealy seven quid it is overpriced

Another mystery solved - Now we know why we always, always run out of pies - Ronnie bought them both early :grr:

Bristolhibby
13-09-2014, 06:39 PM
I keep harping back to a game at White Hart Lane that I went to with my Spurs season ticket holding Brother In Law.

Tottenham v Man U was feeling rank from a night on the beers decided at half way through the first half to go behind the stand for a bite to eat.

Ended up buying a gourmet chicken curry pie, and a bottle of water for about £5.

The pie was fantastic, the kind you would treat yourself to if you were out and about. Just about the best pie I've had at football.

J

Scottie
13-09-2014, 06:40 PM

:tee hee:

cabbageandribs1875
13-09-2014, 06:42 PM
said it time and again the prices at ER are disgraceful, £2:20p for a bovril, same Bovril at Alloa £1, i pity the Adults that take a few kids to the games at ER, i really do

Bostonhibby
13-09-2014, 06:44 PM

Post of the thread! still laughing :greengrin- nowadays, if you'd just put a wee bit of sauce on them and closed your eyes you could have had the half pizza slice - price of 2 programs and similar flavour.

GreenArmy1875
13-09-2014, 06:47 PM
I think its great having the youngsters in but when it comes to dealing with huge demand they simply are not experienced/quick enough and feel sorry for them. Then you get a few fa**ys that think shouting at them helps when they have not gor their pie in time. I agree Prices and set up is not great at E.R

Hibeesmad
13-09-2014, 06:49 PM
I do agree that the prices are very expensive for the quality you get but if we didn't have any catering stalls I'm sure there would be a lot more people complaining about not having the facility than the amount of people complaining about the prices now

Hibeesmad
13-09-2014, 06:50 PM
And Tbf, some of the female staff are worth standing in the queue that wee bit longer 😜

Bostonhibby
13-09-2014, 06:51 PM
I think its great having the youngsters in but when it comes to dealing with huge demand they simply are not experienced/quick enough and feel sorry for them. Then you get a few fa**ys that think shouting at them helps when they have not gor their pie in time. I agree Prices and set up is not great at E.R

:agree: Total sympathy for the folk that face the expectant hordes, its not difficult to forecast peaks and troughs in demand at a football match, and Christ knows they charge enough to staff it properly - Hibs should take a long hard look at this - bring it in house and do it properly or sub contract it to the professionals at Killie :wink:

Hibby Bairn
13-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Bring back the Wagon Wheels

Hibeesmad
13-09-2014, 06:53 PM

Love those!

Bostonhibby
13-09-2014, 06:57 PM

Macaroon bars and spearmint chewing gum - guy used to sell them out of a cardboard box at ER in the 60;s and 70's - natural combination - wagon wheels would be an acceptable dessert.

iwasthere1972
13-09-2014, 06:59 PM
I remember a game back in 2004 against Livingston at ER. Guy behind me in the east stand threw a whole pizza on the pitch. Don't know why he did it because it's not as if there were any opposition players in the vicinity of where the pizza landed.

nosher
13-09-2014, 07:04 PM
A while back I gave my son and nephew the wad of cash required to buy some food at those so called catering outlets, they came back twenty minutes later with cold chips, pie and 2 cups of coke, I wouldn't normally touch any of that garbage but as I was thirsty as , I asked for a drink of coke..I couldn't believe it, it was just flat syrup .i marched back with the 2 cokes and asked what was going on and the guy just says the gas is off..honestly am just standing there going, you sold this to 2 kids and you knew it was just flat water and syrup, and he just says aye, what do you want me to do...things like this say a lot about Hibs and how they really don't give a sh--t what's going on as long as they can get the cash in.. I see a lot of posts mentioning Hibs class ,I can assure it left at every level a long time ago..

Lucius Apuleius
13-09-2014, 07:10 PM
A while back I gave my son and nephew the wad of cash required to buy some food at those so called catering outlets, they came back twenty minutes later with cold chips, pie and 2 cups of coke, I wouldn't normally touch any of that garbage but as I was thirsty as , I asked for a drink of coke..I couldn't believe it, it was just flat syrup .i marched back with the 2 cokes and asked what was going on and the guy just says the gas is off..honestly am just standing there going, you sold this to 2 kids and you knew it was just flat water and syrup, and he just says aye, what do you want me to do...things like this say a lot about Hibs and how they really don't give a sh--t what's going on as long as they can get the cash in.. I see a lot of posts mentioning Hibs class ,I can assure it left at every level a long time ago..

Ashas been previously stated, hibs do not manage the catering. Write to hibs complaining about it and ask that it getsforwarded to the caterer.

nosher
13-09-2014, 07:21 PM
I do understand this, but I suppose if you get in quality self regulating catering instead of a shed selling dog food it would cost more, Hibs don't , I deal with subcontractors and I know what they are up to and have a handle on there perfomance regards the quality they are delivering .Its not hard

Swedish hibee
13-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Just don't buy it.

I know that can be easier said than done with kids but get them a Greggs or something pre game and take a packet of sweets in with you.

Hibs don't run the catering stalls anyway so your not costing the club money by not buying. If people keep queuing and paying the prices then they'll keep getting away with it.

The voice of sense :top marks

bookert
13-09-2014, 07:44 PM
The voice of sense :top marks hibs however will be taking in rental cash and I am sure this will be linked to sales. I was there today with my son and granddaughter the food on offer is unhealthy and expensive. We bought a bag of pastilles a boring and a tea _ 7 quid. This will eventually be self defeating, as after years of putting up with this we said on the way home definitely home.made sannies from now on. How difficult would it be to sell home made soup or stories.

Lucius Apuleius
13-09-2014, 07:50 PM
hibs however will be taking in rental cash and I am sure this will be linked to sales. I was there today with my son and granddaughter the food on offer is unhealthy and expensive. We bought a bag of pastilles a boring and a tea _ 7 quid. This will eventually be self defeating, as after years of putting up with this we said on the way home definitely home.made sannies from now on. How difficult would it be to sell home made soup or stories.

I would doubt if it is linked to sales. I do agree with your other points and I just don't buy it. Then again my kids,even at their ages, still love the pizza.

iwasthere1972
13-09-2014, 07:50 PM
hibs however will be taking in rental cash and I am sure this will be linked to sales. I was there today with my son and granddaughter the food on offer is unhealthy and expensive. We bought a bag of pastilles a boring and a tea _ 7 quid. This will eventually be self defeating, as after years of putting up with this we said on the way home definitely home.made sannies from now on. How difficult would it be to sell home made soup or stories.

Aye a good book to read during the match.

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2014, 07:52 PM

They were advertising home made Lentil soup today. Saw the poster in the West Lower South End when I popped to the bookies.

iwasthere1972
13-09-2014, 07:57 PM
They were advertising home made Lentil soup today. Saw the poster in the West Lower South End when I popped to the bookies.

Home made? They have trouble heating a pie up in a microwave. Wouldn't surprise me if there's a couple of rubbish bins outside containing Heinz or Campbell's tins.

Stax
13-09-2014, 07:57 PM
One of the only highlights of last weeks game at Alloa was the catering/prices. Edible cheeseburger and a polystyrene cup of irn bru for £2.50

DH1875
13-09-2014, 08:02 PM
This is nothing new. Prices have always been a joke for whats on offer
Like others have said, dont buy it.

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 08:04 PM
One of the only highlights of last weeks game at Alloa was the catering/prices. Edible cheeseburger and a polystyrene cup of irn bru for £2.50

I had 2 bovrils and a steak pie and got change from a fiver.

snedzuk
13-09-2014, 08:04 PM

Steak pie on a roll at alloa game £2.20 - think hibs had about half a dozen of these each at half time.

Aaron
13-09-2014, 08:38 PM
Steak pie on a roll at alloa game £2.20 - think hibs had about half a dozen of these each at half time.

Never heard of that sort of combo before :Ummm:

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Never heard of that sort of combo before :Ummm:

A Pie on a roll is the business :agree:

Torto7062
13-09-2014, 08:46 PM

Done....
I start as head chef next home game 😉😉

Moon unit
13-09-2014, 08:46 PM
said it time and again the prices at ER are disgraceful, £2:20p for a bovril, same Bovril at Alloa £1, i pity the Adults that take a few kids to the games at ER, i really do

So Alloa sold the same Bovril for a quid, imagine the transport costs and not spilling it A'naw!...

OsloHibs
13-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Why would you feed that to your children? Tut-tut :rolleyes:

HappyAsHellas
13-09-2014, 08:58 PM
I got what must have been the last two pies in the East today. We ventured down at half time and returned to our seats with blistered hands as the pies were scalding, presumably from being in the oven for the last three days, judging by the taste and texture. Anyway, the caterer ( and I use the term loosely) who served me handed me the pies with napkins on top, when the scalding foil tray is on the bottom. I got my first bite just before the equaliser and it cooled down sufficiently enough for me to manage to finish it on the way home.

Are tupperware boxes allowed in the games, or if not could I bring in a drum with some sannies taped to the inside?

Pete
13-09-2014, 09:00 PM
A pie on a roll? The world's gone mad.

Stuarty27
13-09-2014, 09:07 PM

I work with a lot of weegies and this is standard scran thru there

AFKA5814_Hibs
13-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Spent all half time queuing in East Stand for a Hot Dog and coke for my daughter. Teams were coming out for 2nd half and I was nowhere near the front. Got her a McDonalds after the game for half the price.

HappyAsHellas
13-09-2014, 09:11 PM

staple diet in Fife - if you buy a pie on it's own you get weird looks from people.

easty
13-09-2014, 09:17 PM

I love a pie on a roll. Used to get them at McGuffs in Broomie for lunch when I was at school.

Pete
13-09-2014, 09:21 PM
I'm kind of eager to try one now :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
13-09-2014, 09:23 PM
I am rather more tempted to say that anyone who eats that should have absolutely no right to slag down catering standards anywhere. :-)

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2014, 09:41 PM
No post mix syrup juice in the West Upper, they open a bottle and pour it into a cup.

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2014, 09:42 PM
A pie on a roll has been around for years, a sausage roll on a bread roll is also good.

heretoday
13-09-2014, 10:13 PM
I haven't bought food or drink at Easter Road for about 15 years it's been that bad.

Prices, service and quality are terrible.

I think I can go 90 mins without stuffing pies and Bovril in me. A Mars bar or two smuggled in in a coat pocket will usually stave off hunger until more competitively priced fare becomes available.

NOLA
13-09-2014, 10:24 PM
can people not eat before going to games? or show some self restraint and eat after the game, problem solved.

Danderhall Hibs
13-09-2014, 10:45 PM
I think I can go 90 mins without stuffing pies and Bovril in me. A Mars bar or two smuggled in in a coat pocket will usually stave off hunger until more competitively priced fare becomes available.

:agree: you don't even need to smuggle mars bars in!

I took my kids to the toilet just before the 2nd half started and couldn't believe the queue for pies. Thing is when they announced the team were back on no one even flinched - they were waiting on the pie.

They're ***** as well.

Stax
13-09-2014, 11:21 PM
Pie on a roll, now yer talking. But a steak pie on a roll? Now your getting all Heston Blumenthal aboot a Classic IMO.

Danderhall Hibs
13-09-2014, 11:23 PM
Do you butter the roll?

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2014, 11:24 PM
Do you butter the roll?

Every time for me

Stax
13-09-2014, 11:25 PM
Do you butter the roll?
Liberally, and brown sauce obviously a must. Well fired roll optional..

Danderhall Hibs
13-09-2014, 11:27 PM
Well that's tomorrow's lunch sorted. Sounds a bit sickly but I'll try and keep it down.

silverhibee
13-09-2014, 11:33 PM
Do you butter the roll?

Lurpak

matty_f
13-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Well that's tomorrow's lunch sorted. Sounds a bit sickly but I'll try and keep it down.

Pie on a roll is outstanding mate, not had one for months because of the diet, but you'll not look back!

Hermit Crab
13-09-2014, 11:43 PM
Just don't see how they can justify £2.50 for a 500ml bottle of juice which cost a quid in the shops snd £2.30 for a steak pie with horrible fatty bits in them. The chicken balti pies a snip at £2.40. They have more pastry than filing and they are rock solid.

Prices are a disgrace and it wouldn't surprise me if farmer is getting a cut if the takings from the catering sales.

Scouse Hibee
14-09-2014, 07:27 AM
Just don't see how they can justify £2.50 for a 500ml bottle of juice which cost a quid in the shops snd £2.30 for a steak pie with horrible fatty bits in them. The chicken balti pies a snip at £2.40. They have more pastry than filing and they are rock solid.

Prices are a disgrace and it wouldn't surprise me if farmer is getting a cut if the takings from the catering sales.

Just like a motorway service station, rip off the captive audience.

Keith_M
14-09-2014, 07:48 AM
People have been complaining about this for a number of years, the club know full well the main issues of complaint - chronically slow service and poor and vastly overpriced food. If anything, things have got even worse. Waste of time filling out a survey.

Surely it's a waste of time writing it on here but people still do it

:hmmm:

Keith_M
14-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Done....
I start as head chef next home game 

Cool!

What's on the Menu?

Lucius Apuleius
14-09-2014, 07:50 AM
Cool!

What's on the Menu?

Got to be Italian surely?

heretoday
14-09-2014, 07:58 AM
:agree: you don't even need to smuggle mars bars in!

I took my kids to the toilet just before the 2nd half started and couldn't believe the queue for pies. Thing is when they announced the team were back on no one even flinched - they were waiting on the pie.

They're ***** as well.

It's a bit pathetic isn't it? Sort of defeats the object of being at the game at all. Still, you pays yer money. No doubt the piemen will be wearing the green as they are wheeled into the coronary unit some day to come.

bobbyhibs1983
14-09-2014, 08:49 AM
The young kids working were really under pressure

a bit of topic and one of the worst experinces at east road about 6 or so years ago and i am ashamed i never said anything at the time, but i recall waiting in line to get served and well a guy 2 in front of me had a real go at one of the kids who were serving. im sure the kid(maybe 13 or so?) was like okay however much it was and the guy was like "give me my fing things then i ll give you the money im not gonna fing screw hibs am i"(yes he did use the f word) all this cos the person asked for the money.

So i guess the morale of my post is no matter how bad the food,prices, or whatever is dont have a go at the kids!

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-09-2014, 09:51 AM
Not bought anything since the 1-1 draw against Dundee two seasons ago. Went down 40 minutes into a terrible game, freezing cold and 0-1 down. Queued right through half time, was still in the queue when the second had kicked off and still in the queue when Leigh equalised with his free kick. I'm sure the goal was in the 52nd minute. Put me in a stinking mood.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-09-2014, 09:52 AM
Not bought anything since the 1-1 draw against Dundee two seasons ago. Went down 40 minutes into a terrible game, freezing cold and 0-1 down. Queued right through half time, was still in the queue when the second had kicked off and still in the queue when Leigh equalised with his free kick. I'm sure the goal was in the 52nd minute. Put me in a stinking mood.

second half*

HUTCHYHIBBY
14-09-2014, 10:03 AM
How difficult would it be to sell home made soup or stories.

I'm a story seller and my stories must be sold. ;-)

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2014, 10:04 AM
Lurpak

Anchor. :greengrin never could pronounce my W's :wink:

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 10:08 AM
The food is dire! We should just not buy it.

truehibernian
14-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Bains pies and La Favorita pizza slices - problem solved !

MSK
14-09-2014, 10:47 AM
hibs however will be taking in rental cash and I am sure this will be linked to sales. I was there today with my son and granddaughter the food on offer is unhealthy and expensive. We bought a bag of pastilles a boring and a tea _ 7 quid. This will eventually be self defeating, as after years of putting up with this we said on the way home definitely home.made sannies from now on. How difficult would it be to sell home made soup or stories.Ox Tale soup ?...

Waxy
14-09-2014, 10:53 AM
When i was wee you only got pies bovril and macaroon bars.

Ricky Bobby
14-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Bains pies and La Favorita pizza slices - problem solved !

Now your talking. Would you like a gig as head of catering?

The pizza they sell just now is so bad that it's tastier to throw the pizza away and put ketchup on the polystyrene tray.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 10:57 AM
Now your talking. Would you like a gig as head of catering?

The pizza they sell just now is so bad that it's tastier to throw the pizza away and put ketchup on the polystyrene tray.

:faf:

A proper chippy inside the ground would be good. Halftime fish suppers that set you up for a night of drinking fine ale..... :greengrin

I propose the Easter rd chippy should be in the west upper. Chuck the prawn Sandwiches out and in with the fryer. Chips should be done in beef dripping as well. :aok:

Ricky Bobby
14-09-2014, 11:06 AM
:faf:

A proper chippy inside the ground would be good. Halftime fish suppers that set you up for a night of drinking fine ale..... :greengrin

I propose the Easter rd chippy should be in the west upper. Chuck the prawn Sandwiches out and in with the fryer. Chips should be done in beef dripping as well. :aok:

No way am i walking round to the West upper for chips. Can we have a delivery service? :wink:

j'adore hibs
14-09-2014, 11:51 AM
i usually buy a packet of sweets for my kids pre match, forgot yesterday so asked for some fruit pastels....£3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i asked if the price was right thinking no way...but hey its £3....thats unbelievable

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 11:55 AM
i usually buy a packet of sweets for my kids pre match, forgot yesterday so asked for some fruit pastels....£3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i asked if the price was right thinking no way...but hey its £3....thats unbelievable

Kids would have have went without if it was me. £3 for fruit pastels. Bolt.

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 11:57 AM
No way am i walking round to the West upper for chips. Can we have a delivery service? :wink:

Petrie would charge a delivery fee and probably add a handling fee onto that as well. :greengrin

oconnors_strip
14-09-2014, 12:08 PM
The contract is out sourced just now, dempster is planning on changing this once the contract ends. Same with the hospitality

mutley
14-09-2014, 12:10 PM
The contract is out sourced just now, dempster is planning on changing this once the contract ends. Same with the hospitality

That's the best news I've heard for a while. the product, the service and the prices are abysmal

Hermit Crab
14-09-2014, 12:12 PM
That's the best news I've heard for a while. the product, the service and the prices are abysmal

:agree:

HibbyAndy
14-09-2014, 12:12 PM
Roond the corner to Greggs for me before the match, Not a hope in hell ill pay £2.50 for a bottle of coke, Absolute scandalous.

iwasthere1972
14-09-2014, 12:13 PM

£3! Was that for a whole box of pastels?

iwasthere1972
14-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Roond the corner to Greggs for me before the match, Not a hope in hell ill pay £2.50 for a bottle of coke, Absolute scandalous.

A complete rip off Andy. Same with tea at about £2.20 when it probably only costs them 5p.

1p for a tea bag. They'll be buying them in bulk (never heard of the place but that's what I've been told)
1p for a polystyrene cup (they dinnae make them in bulk so must get them from somewhere else)
2p for milk, sugar and a stirrer.
1p for hot water.

Grudge buying it.

Ronniekirk
14-09-2014, 02:35 PM
Anchor. :greengrin never could pronounce my W's :wink:

If you want a piece of butter , there s no other name you ll utter, coz you ll always buy the butter with the anchor sign .

The Subliminal power of advertising ads .

superfurryhibby
14-09-2014, 04:08 PM
The catering situation is truly a farce. it is really disrespectful to the fans to charge those prices. The club is missing a trick here. The should be getting in a variety of franchises, maybe a Greggs or Subway. They would go down well and I for one would personally eat my weight in the course of a season, that's if I ever actually go back, which right now is looking doubtful.

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2014, 04:29 PM
If you want a piece of butter , there s no other name you ll utter, coz you ll always buy the butter with the anchor sign .

The Subliminal power of advertising ads .

You'll never put a better bit of butter on your knife. :greengrin

Lago
14-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Not at all, considered to be fine dining in Scotland

Lago
14-09-2014, 05:25 PM
Years ago at Starks Park Vallenti's ice cream van use to park up on the home terracing, get your 99 and packet of crisps