PDA

View Full Version : Heff

Billychaotic182
13-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Think that's it for him now. Waste of wages. Surprised he wasn't punted!

California-Hibs
13-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Think that's it for him now. Waste of wages. Surprised he wasn't punted!

The guy just doesn't score. We can't keep persisting with him anymore, the legs are away. Malonga and Cummings up top has to be the way forward!

Keith_M
13-09-2014, 04:13 PM
I just deleted a thread about Heff because I thought it was maybe a bit personal but, aye, you're right.

I really don't see any point in playing this guy at all. He offers nothing in attack, which is a bit dissapointing for a Striker.

McIntosh
13-09-2014, 04:18 PM
I think him and Craig will be gone in the new year.

Beefster
13-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Fenlon signed a few absolute huddies but Heffernan is probably the worst IMHO.

Thecat23
13-09-2014, 04:24 PM
He can't run, he can't shoot, he can't header, he can't score!

Mmm who will start next week?? If it's Heff then Stubbs is a clown. If not then Stubbs is doing his job!

3pm
13-09-2014, 04:24 PM
The defence of Heffernan would be he gets **** all service. Unless yer Griffiths, good luck in that team.

DC_Hibs
13-09-2014, 04:26 PM
He should have been told in no uncertain terms to accept St J offer or he was training with the kids. We obviously wanted rid by letting him speak to them, too soft as per.

I'm sure Craig and Robertson would have had options if they'd "got the message" they were not wanted. Their wages would be far better utilised.

PeterboroHibee
13-09-2014, 04:27 PM
Ive nothing against Heffernan, but it was a bizarre decision by Stubbs to play him upfront on his own. He doesnt score goals, and from what Ive seen, offers nothing else to the team. He could have picked any of the other guys on the bench, so as I say, Ive no idea what Stubbs was thinking. With the options we have going forward, I dont really see any reason to pick Heffernan any more.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2014, 04:28 PM
I thought he'd score a few in this league TBH. Maybe he just needs one and the floodgates might open?

But I agree with some of the above, he offers nothing atm. I like him, but he needs to get his act together.

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 04:30 PM
He's humpty.

I was screaming for him to get a game but it looks increasingly like that was one of Butchers few good decisions.

I really hope we can find takers for the likes of him and Robertson in January. Injuries have obviously had an effect anf they are shadows of the players they maybe once were. I reckon I could give both of them a run for their money over 100 yards

GreenLake
13-09-2014, 04:32 PM
Gardening leave.

Boyle89
13-09-2014, 04:40 PM
I think him and Craig will be gone in the new year.

Can only hope. Nothing against heff he just doesn't have it anymore. The quicker Craig is gone the better.

happiehibbie
13-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Are you kidding ! He is up front on his own he did everything he was given the opertunity to do held ball up well brought players into game ONE man on his own is Stubbs fault

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

happiehibbie
13-09-2014, 04:48 PM
He's humpty.

I was screaming for him to get a game but it looks increasingly like that was one of Butchers few good decisions.

I really hope we can find takers for the likes of him and Robertson in January. Injuries have obviously had an effect anf they are shadows of the players they maybe once were. I reckon I could give both of them a run for their money over 100 yards

I will put 100 quid on both off them to beat you by at least 5 yards

Winston Ingram
13-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Did he even touch the ball today?

happiehibbie
13-09-2014, 04:54 PM
Yes what game did you go to ?

Davy Mac
13-09-2014, 04:57 PM
Are you kidding ! He is up front on his own he did everything he was given the opertunity to do held ball up well brought players into game ONE man on his own is Stubbs fault

I agree Stubbs got it wrong but Heff didn't run the channels, didn't play on the shoulder of PT defenders, he didn't demand the ball to his feet, he didn't bring the 5 midfielders into the game.

It was lousy amateurish performance, a player who looks a shadow of what he was.

There is no time or patience for passengers this season, big up or pxxx off.

Winston Ingram
13-09-2014, 05:01 PM
He must be a dream for a defender to mark. He's not fast enough to be you for pace, not good enough in the air to win headers against you, not strong enough to hold you off to hold the ball, never going to drag you out of position looking for the ball and his 1st touch is always going to give you a chance to beat him to the ball.

Bostonhibby
13-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Like Kuqi he used to be a striker, we signed him at the wrong time, now its a pension being supplemented at our expense sadly - we need a severance and a quick goodbye - how much would it cost and how many fans would chip in to help? Either that or ride it out Hibs but just don't play him?

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2014, 05:04 PM
Heff or Welbeck, thats the question? :greengrin

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 05:05 PM
I will put 100 quid on both off them to beat you by at least 5 yards

Hiya Paul. Hiya pal.

happiehibbie
13-09-2014, 05:11 PM
Hiya Paul. Hiya pal.

Lol

LaMotta
13-09-2014, 05:11 PM
He must be a dream for a defender to mark. He's not fast enough to be you for pace, not good enough in the air to win headers against you, not strong enough to hold you off to hold the ball, never going to drag you out of position looking for the ball and his 1st touch is always going to give you a chance to beat him to the ball.

The part you mention in bold is unfair based on today's performance - he did all those things well in the first half.

Having said that it should be an easy decision to play Malonga and Cummings next week.

tamig
13-09-2014, 05:13 PM

Agreed. Heff did nothing wrong today. Service to him was non existent. He laid off some nice balls today. No goalscoring opporunities at all. Some harsh comments on this thread.

happiehibbie
13-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Agreed. Heff did nothing wrong today. Service to him was non existent. He laid off some nice balls today. No goalscoring opporunities at all. Some harsh comments on this thread.

At last someone who watches the game

PPZPOL
13-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Not a fan, been told on here last season that I must go to different games to them when I called out Heffernan for being lazy, slow, lethargic and just generally the least dangerous looking forward I've even seen play. He's not improved any this season either from what I've seen, he looks like he's been phoned about half an hour before the game and asked to fire along to help out as only 10 have turned up.

If you were a CH would you be scared to play against him?

MSK
13-09-2014, 05:20 PM
Agreed. Heff did nothing wrong today. Service to him was non existent. He laid off some nice balls today. No goalscoring opporunities at all. Some harsh comments on this thread.Was surprised to see him starting today to be honest ..I would have preferred to start a more mobile forward such as Cummings ...

Bostonhibby
13-09-2014, 05:25 PM
At last someone who watches the game

You are probably right, I wasn't there, just had texts from my mate who was so fair play - With Hefff I just wanted an out and striker with a great goal scoring record to do just that for us - its not happening and he should be the guy on the end of the good touches, hold up play etc, not the one doing it(?) Arguably a Hibs problem since everyone who had the whiff of a forward role at Hibs recently and left features most Saturdays as a score, today being yet another example.

Cummings, Malonga for the foreseeable and Farid in the mix when he is fit will do me in this league.

Smartie
13-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Ive nothing against Heffernan, but it was a bizarre decision by Stubbs to play him upfront on his own. He doesnt score goals, and from what Ive seen, offers nothing else to the team. He could have picked any of the other guys on the bench, so as I say, Ive no idea what Stubbs was thinking. With the options we have going forward, I dont really see any reason to pick Heffernan any more.

One of our biggest problems last season was that we nobody who could play up front on their own - Heff was one of them and he still can't so I agree that it was a bizarre decision.

I think he does offer something - he has a decent touch and can be quite handy at dropping off and making short passes, bringing others into the game etc. It's simply not enough though - if we are remotely serious about doing something in this league you need much, much more than that. Or play him up there with someone else.

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 05:30 PM
Not really just about today is it?

He's been poor or injured since he signed.

This seasons stats for strikers:

El Alagui Played 6 Goals 4
Cummings Played 5 Goals 2
Handling Played 5 Goals 1
Malonga Played 1 Goals 1
Heffernan Played 5 Goals 0

And he's managed a whopping 4 goals in 26 appearances for Hibs. We really need to stop trying to pretend guys like Heffernan are good enough.

tamig
13-09-2014, 05:32 PM
Was surprised to see him starting today to be honest ..I would have preferred to start a more mobile forward such as Cummings ...

I was surprised to see him start especially as the lone striker. The late changes won us the game today and if Stubbs reckons Heff merits a starting slot, it should be alongside another striker. We were unbalanced going forward today until Sinclair came on.

TrinityHibby
13-09-2014, 05:34 PM

totally dumbfounded by stubbs's tactics today! Formation was also set up to fail and no surprise we did not look like scoring until subs were made......it was like we were playing with no-one up front with jeff in the team.......must do better

Ronniekirk
13-09-2014, 06:52 PM
This for me Stubbs decision was a shocker He really now has to be dropped from match day squad and decision to not move to St Johnstone baffles me .he now has to go in January but we will now probably have to pay him off to do that Agree with another poster though that he didn't get service but he just looks out of sorts

emerald green
13-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Heffernan is far too slow, and certainly doesn't have the physical presence to play upfront on his own against big hammer throwers in this league.

Yet another pretty anonymous and insipid performance from Heff IMHO. Things looked a lot better when he was substituted. I was surprised to see he was playing from the start today.

The Harp Awakes
13-09-2014, 07:21 PM

Thank god for a bit of perspective. Heffernan held the ball up well today and brought other players into the game. The formation was wrong and he had no service whatsoever.

Hate these threads which dish out personal criticism to players. Doesn't do anyone any good.

cabbageandribs1875
13-09-2014, 07:26 PM
one of his better games today imo :duck:

Winston Ingram
13-09-2014, 07:31 PM

I don't agree but to be honest, the standard that he has set so far, his better performances are still awful.

I'm stunned the guy has managed to make it as footballer, never mind survived full time til his 30's

Bronson
13-09-2014, 07:32 PM
He offers us nothing bar the occasional nice touch to link the play, looks a shadow of the player he was at killie.

Shame that it never really worked out for him here, thought we'd signed a player when he came.

green.and.white
13-09-2014, 07:37 PM
His time looks up at Hibs, poor again today. I was was confident he would score at least 1 today but he doesn't look at it at all.

Can't believe he turned down a 2 yr deal at St Johnstone :confused:

emerald green
13-09-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm not trying to be funny here, and I could be wrong, but did Heffernan have a single shot on target today that the goalie had to save?

Maybe I missed it? Just asking.

I'm honestly not trying to crucify the guy. I believe if he does play he needs a big target man up front with him, and having said that I just think he is too slow. Players with pace are more likely to open up defences and get goals.

cabbageandribs1875
13-09-2014, 07:49 PM
I don't agree but to be honest, the standard that he has set so far, his better performances are still awful.

I'm stunned the guy has managed to make it as footballer, never mind survived full time til his 30's

i'm certainly not his fav fan, but i have a lot of sympathy with any player at hibs being asked to play up front on his own, sparky had to do it when he was here as well(albeit a lot more mobile than heff), having to come back all the time just to get a touch of the ball, and as others have said it's a strange one why he didn't take up the offer of more money and an extra 12 months job security by knocking back st.johnstone to stay at ER

whiskyhibby
13-09-2014, 07:50 PM
I don't think Heff is suited to a loan striker role,, which is what was asked of him, he didn't have much service, but he did look slow, I wouldn't start him again TBH

trev the hat
13-09-2014, 07:56 PM
Can't understand why he started today , baffling IMO
Heff & Craig should not be in the squad, both had several opportunities others would excel at & have proved beyond any doubt to me anyway, I don't wanna watch them.
1 up front @ home is bad especially when the 1 is PH

Winston Ingram
13-09-2014, 08:04 PM
i'm certainly not his fav fan, but i have a lot of sympathy with any player at hibs being asked to play up front on his own, sparky had to do it when he was here as well(albeit a lot more mobile than heff), having to come back all the time just to get a touch of the ball, and as others have said it's a strange one why he didn't take up the offer of more money and an extra 12 months job security by knocking back st.johnstone to stay at ER

I actually didn't know it was 2 years he was offered. That's staggering. He'll be lucky to get a deal at Spartans next year.

Coming short for the ball should be more suited to him as he hasn't got the pace to get behind.

hibbytam
13-09-2014, 08:08 PM

I think he did the job that was asked of him. It's quite clear the tactics were to keep the ball, and have them tire chasing after it. Worked in the first half.... Not entirely certain what happened in the first 20 minutes of the second

SMAXXA
13-09-2014, 08:11 PM
He's finished IMO, will not score ten or more for hibs this season in the second tier, he should have left in the summer

j'adore hibs
13-09-2014, 08:48 PM
heffernen was useless today, never chased down , strolled across the half way line, i counted two decent holds and lay offs of the ball, adds nothin,waste of a wage

j'adore hibs
13-09-2014, 08:49 PM
I think he did the job that was asked of him. It's quite clear the tactics were to keep the ball, and have them tire chasing after it. Worked in the first half.... Not entirely certain what happened in the first 20 minutes of the second

when did you see him chase down their defence when on the ball?

Borderhibbie76
13-09-2014, 08:49 PM
He's finished IMO, will not score ten or more for hibs this season in the second tier, he should have left in the summer
Totally agree he is rank rotten...offers nothing. IMO Taxi for him and Craig in Jan...maybe Robertson too

Russ
14-09-2014, 12:20 AM

Mmm who will start next week?? If it's Heff then Stubbs is a clown. If not then Stubbs is doing his job!

Going by your comments on here more people are laughing at you than will ever laugh at Stubbs. Why are you people so hell bent on hurling abuse at Hibernian players and staff? Heffernan playing as a lone striker is definitely not a position he would favour, nor Stubbs but once again you and your ilk seem to know better.

Malonga was nowhere near fit enough to start, Cummings playing as lone striker would have been no more effective than Heffernan, we are short on options upfront, we all know that. Comments like yours are the only joke in it all, perhaps you should take up the vocation of clown.

Winston Ingram
14-09-2014, 07:16 AM

:agree:

cleanyman
14-09-2014, 07:24 AM
He was a player in his day, not now.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-09-2014, 08:17 AM
Heffernan is showing up very much like a player that needs dropped for his own sake as well as the team. But we are short of options, because of squad depth, injuries and also because of preparation. So the manager has had younger players and players not fit, and has chosen experience. That was his call that did not work. Stubbs needs to take the dig for that.

Thecat23
14-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Going by your comments on here more people are laughing at you than will ever laugh at Stubbs. Why are you people so hell bent on hurling abuse at Hibernian players and staff? Heffernan playing as a lone striker is definitely not a position he would favour, nor Stubbs but once again you and your ilk seem to know better.

Malonga was nowhere near fit enough to start, Cummings playing as lone striker would have been no more effective than Heffernan, we are short on options upfront, we all know that. Comments like yours are the only joke in it all, perhaps you should take up the vocation of clown.

Folk are laughing at my comments because I have said he can't score and he's pretty much past it? The proof is there for everyone to see how many has he scored??

Can't believe you say I'm having a go at the staff. I back Stubbs 100% he's made mistakes but I'm sure he'll come good.

Also you say I'm having a go at Heff yet you have just said Cummings wouldn't be more effective? So you clearly don't rate him then?? Cummings is miles better than Heff.

Brightside
14-09-2014, 09:24 AM
Really didn't understand the formation yesterday - we were playing the bottom team in the Champs and we play him up front on his own. Our work in the final third was awful for the first 65 mins. Heff really has to be left at home no place for a static attacker like him. All three subs were better than anything we had on yesterday. Allen also looked bone idle yesterday.

Brightside
14-09-2014, 09:33 AM

Unless his job was to take out a picnic blanket on the half way line, he didn't do any job. Our midfield was also shocking yesterday with hardly a player tracking back and the main reason for losing two easy goals.

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-09-2014, 09:39 AM
Heff even in his prime couldn't play up front on his own. Absolutely mental from Stubbs to think this can work. Time for him to step aside and let Cummings develop

greenpaper55
14-09-2014, 04:10 PM
The modern football forward has to do more than stroll about when you lose the ball and point to your team mates to retrieve it ! it was like playing with ten men when he was on the pitch.

J-C
14-09-2014, 04:16 PM
I was disappointed when I seen Heff's name on the team sheet and I was proved right because he was atrocious, I wanted a front 3 of Cummings/Malonga and Sinclair, hit them with pace right from the start.

Ronniekirk
14-09-2014, 06:42 PM

Appropriate song The Tears of a Clown when there's no one around . Can't understand why folk get into personal abuse .why not stick to healthy debate ,as soon as you resort to personal abuse for me you loose credibility ,and even if you were making a valid point it gets lost in the tit for tat personal abuse that clogs this place up at times .

Aldo
14-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Going by your comments on here more people are laughing at you than will ever laugh at Stubbs. Why are you people so hell bent on hurling abuse at Hibernian players and staff? Heffernan playing as a lone striker is definitely not a position he would favour, nor Stubbs but once again you and your ilk seem to know better. Malonga was nowhere near fit enough to start, Cummings playing as lone striker would have been no more effective than Heffernan, we are short on options upfront, we all know that. Comments like yours are the only joke in it all, perhaps you should take up the vocation of clown.

Heff v Livi was woeful as well and that was playing alongside Farid.. Sorry but he brings nowt to the team and tbh I'd rather have young Lewis Allen playing before him or indeed Jason.

Heff for me should not be playing and should of been released prior to the window closing.

I wonder if he actually realises himself that he's done at this level hence him staying and not moving to Perth.

JimBHibees
14-09-2014, 08:50 PM
All a bit harsh he is a decent striker however getting on a bit he is completely unsuited to being a one guy up front. If he had come on with 20 to go alongside Malonga he would probably have scored also. His movement in the box is good however needs to play off someone.

HoboHarry
14-09-2014, 11:35 PM
Heff v Livi was woeful as well and that was playing alongside Farid.. Sorry but he brings nowt to the team and tbh I'd rather have young Lewis Allen playing before him or indeed Jason.

Heff for me should not be playing and should of been released prior to the window closing.

I wonder if he actually realises himself that he's done at this level hence him staying and not moving to Perth.
Hibs can't release a player from his contract if he doesn't agree.
He knows he is done at this level and that's why he refused a step up to the SPL on a new contract? Really?

Aldo
15-09-2014, 05:51 AM
Hibs can't release a player from his contract if he doesn't agree. He knows he is done at this level and that's why he refused a step up to the SPL on a new contract? Really?

I'm well aware that there is nothing the club can do. Yes really. Offered the security of a 2 year deal yet turns it down.

Folk go on about Stevenson and Hanlon on a regular basis not being good enough yet Heff seems immune to it.

The guy is finished IMHO and should not be playing as he brings nowt to the team.

15-09-2014, 09:39 AM
Absolute passenger. Offers us nothing.