PDA

View Full Version : If we had started

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 04:02 PM
With the 3 up top who finished the game today we would have won it comfortably.

No excuse for starting Heffernan up top on his own today against a team who had no intention of trying to attack us.

Keith_M
13-09-2014, 04:04 PM
I second that emotion.

Put Heffernan in the stiffs.

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2014, 04:05 PM

No excuse for starting Heffernan up top on his own today against a team who had no intention of trying to attack us.

I have no idea why we'd be so conservative in this division, especially at home against a bunch of part timers?:confused:

The Green Goblin
13-09-2014, 04:13 PM
Maybe there's a real fear of losing, with so much at stake this year, and that's behind some decisions? Just a guess... could be wrong of course. Maybe time for a bit more self belief?

hibee_girl
13-09-2014, 04:18 PM
:agree: to play Heff and leave Cummings on the bench just does not make sense to me

GreenLake
13-09-2014, 04:30 PM

I completely agree. Cummings was one of the only positives from last season and I can't understand how he has not been playing.

ekhibee
13-09-2014, 04:36 PM
We need a lot more from the players, even allowing that we managed to just about get a win. Winning 3-2 at home against the team that will very likely finish bottom of the championship is nothing to be proud of in my opinion. Hopefully our fledgling manager will learn from the tactical mistakes he's made so far and we can push on from here. On the form we've shown so far we're a million miles away from being anywhere near a play-off position, never mind automatic promotion. I couldn't care less if I sound negative, we're still pish. Plenty of the season left to prove me wrong mind you.

J-C
13-09-2014, 04:45 PM
I said in a post a couple days ago that we should go 4-3-3 with Cummings Malongo and Sinclair up top, loads of pace would put the **** up the Cowdenbeath team.

iwasthere1972
13-09-2014, 04:47 PM
If we played as well at the start of games as what we play nearing the end of the game we would win comfortably. Thoughts the fans were terrific even when we were losing.

kevo1875
13-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Still think we need a hard tackling midfielder

SaulGoodman
13-09-2014, 05:44 PM
----------------Oxley----------------
Gray---Forster----Hanlon----Booth
--Stanton----Mcgeouch---Kennedy
--Sinclair----Cummings---Malonga

----------------------------------------------Heffernan

Smartie
13-09-2014, 05:57 PM
I thought that the team that finished the Dumbarton game should have started the Alloa game.

I think the team that finished today should start next week.

Cummings offers so much more than Heff does and he's probably only going to get better with time.

I don't want to write off Heff just yet but he's running out of opportunities to impress and we're not in a position to be carrying passengers.

The Green Goblin
13-09-2014, 06:05 PM

:hyper: (to quote a popular poster on this board) :greengrin

Ronniekirk
13-09-2014, 07:13 PM
:agree: to play Heff and leave Cummings on the bench just does not make sense to me
Cummings won't last full 90 minutes yet so good impact player but should of been on a lot earlier but he will get his opportunity to start in other games no question about that

Taz_hibee
13-09-2014, 07:48 PM

----------------------------------------------Heffernan

Stevenson was one of our better players today, Stanton once again was as good as a man short, Booth is good going forward but not so good defending which is a priority for a full back

kevo1875
13-09-2014, 08:08 PM
We look so much better when we move the ball quicker

Lang Toun Hibs
13-09-2014, 08:27 PM
I thought that the team that finished the Dumbarton game should have started the Alloa game.

I think the team that finished today should start next week.

Cummings offers so much more than Heff does and he's probably only going to get better with time.

I don't want to write off Heff just yet but he's running out of opportunities to impress and we're not in a position to be carrying passengers.

Agreed, and Heff would be a different proposition in a front 3 from the start.

Lang Toun Hibs
13-09-2014, 08:37 PM
We look so much better when we move the ball quicker

Absolutely spot on. We're so slow going forward (?) that we're easy to defend against and yet extremely vulnerable on the break and from set pieces...not a happy combination. We have showed against Dumbarton and now cowdenbeath that we can score if we apply pressure with a bit of pace and purpose. We're not good enough to play the slow methodical build up with 245 passes before we finally make that incisive pass that leads to a goal. Because we lose it after about 20! I'm not for the hoofball of Butcher but we need to impose ourselves a lot more...and quickly. If we do, we can have a good season.

S4uzee
13-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Still think we need a hard tackling midfielder

Agree. We don't really have anyone who can put in a tackle. A DM with McGeouch and Allan pushing on would be ideal

Russ
14-09-2014, 12:52 AM

Malonga and Cummings are both not fully match fit, but let's conveniently forget that small fact eh.

In other threads you go on about posters being negative after we have won, take a bow son. Stubbs must feel like pulling his hair out at posts like this, do you seriously think Heff up front on his own against Cowdenbeath is his PREFERENCE?

Had El Agui been available we would have played with 2 up front, of that I have no doubt. Some of the posts on here from people who should know better astounds me at times.

We have a small squad full of new players, injuries and another rookie manager, yet all the would be managers on here think they could do better, not having a clue what is going on behind the scenes.