PDA

View Full Version : £5 program ?

dp00
12-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Did I really just read on official site the program's at £5 Tommorrow ?

SteveHFC
12-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Yep.

£22 to get in plus the programme is £5 and pay for over priced foods and drinks tomorrow. No wonder folk don't go anymore.

Ronniekirk
12-09-2014, 10:58 PM
Yep.

£22 to get in plus the programme is £5 and pay for over priced foods and drinks tomorrow. No wonder folk don't go anymore.

Get the consultation survey done ,although there was no room for gifs l:wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
12-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Would imagine includes a donation to his designated charity.

dp00
12-09-2014, 11:05 PM
Would imagine includes a donation to his designated charity.

Let's hope so.... But I don't think so

SteveHFC
12-09-2014, 11:05 PM
Get the consultation survey done ,although there was no room for gifs l:wink:

I'm not doing the survey then! :greengrin

Pete
13-09-2014, 01:20 AM
It's a special edition and they're probably making the same profit as they would from a normal program. As with the food, nobody is forcing you to buy it.

Is there anything left that hasn't been moaned about?:rolleyes:

bigwheel
13-09-2014, 03:39 AM

Don't buy it if you don't think it's appropriate. . How many genuine club legends will get a 70th celebration do you think ? It's clearly not a normal edition ....

marinello59
13-09-2014, 05:37 AM
I don't usually buy programmes but I will happily pay up for this one. **** the Whingers.

Viva_Palmeiras
13-09-2014, 06:12 AM
I don't usually buy programmes but I will happily pay up for this one. **** the Whingers.

Putting money into the club Whodda thunk it. Cakes anyone?

Viva_Palmeiras
13-09-2014, 06:15 AM
Jumping the gun before even seeing the thing. What if it's of the size and quality of a cup final programme? As others said limited edition - 2 lattes or a pint of Perino and a box of matches.

Tricla
13-09-2014, 06:21 AM

Who's really?

Ringothedog
13-09-2014, 06:31 AM

Agreed, I don't normally buy a programme but will getting 2 today. One for myself and one for my dad who can no longer get to games.

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 07:08 AM
It's a special edition, probably cost more to produce hence the higher selling price.

Either that or Alistair Darlings doomsday scenario has begun and prices are starting to rise even before next Thursday.

Ronniekirk
13-09-2014, 07:12 AM
It's a special edition, probably cost more to produce hence the higher selling price.

Either that or Alistair Darlings doomsday scenarion has begun and prices are starting to rise even before next Thursday.
Political Satire at its best :wink:

sleeping giant
13-09-2014, 09:18 AM
It's Sir Pats 70th FFS.
If you are that perturbed by £5 program produced to help celebrate a true club legend then please just quietly walk by and keep your emotions to yourself.

FFS. Long live Pat Stanton

Hibeesforever
13-09-2014, 09:33 AM
I wish I was being forced to spend £5 more often for programmes like this. Pat was a true legend, won the Scottish player of the year with Hibernian.

Green Man
13-09-2014, 12:14 PM
£3 more than normal but as it's a Hibs Kids game the wee man gets in for £12 less than normal so I'm still £9 better off.

Phil MaGlass
13-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Jumping the gun before even seeing the thing. What if it's of the size and quality of a cup final programme? As others said limited edition - 2 lattes or a pint of Perino and a box of matches.

FFS surely nobody drinks that pi5h, nivver mind pay for it:confused:??

hibbybrian
13-09-2014, 04:48 PM
FFS surely nobody drinks that pi5h, nivver mind pay for it:confused:??

Whit! nae video wi this post :greengrin

ManBearPig
13-09-2014, 05:30 PM
5er for programme and free tickets to bribg friends I think it worked put alright for the punters today.

Swedish hibee
13-09-2014, 08:00 PM
It's a special edition and they're probably making the same profit as they would from a normal program. As with the food, nobody is forcing you to buy it.

Is there anything left that hasn't been moaned about?:rolleyes:

I'm sure there will be something... Too hot today for some, perhaps?

Hibbibri
14-09-2014, 04:32 PM
The format,price etc. is all down to the club and in with that in mind the abuse the young program sellers were getting yesterday was well out of order. :grr:
It got so bad that my son started saying "sorry but they are £5 this week" and his confidence in our support took a right good kick to his gonads.
No need at all for that IMO :bitchy:
The sellers have absolutely no control over anything regarding the progs as they just sell the programmes to fellow Hibs fans to earn some pocket money, so if you have a gripe to air regarding the programmes complain to the club, not the young lads and lassies doing a very minor service for the club they love. Some of the language directed at my son in particular would give builders on site red faces FFS !

Canongatehibs
14-09-2014, 06:15 PM
I was gonna criticise the price, until I saw it was a special one off for Sir Patrick. Had I been there, I would've purchased it. Definitely.

Peevemor
14-09-2014, 06:34 PM
Was it any good then? Worth the fiver?

Iggy Pope
14-09-2014, 06:47 PM

I bought one as I always do and was particularly happy with the value for money.

PatHead
14-09-2014, 07:21 PM

Yes, would say it was worth it.

JohnStephens91
14-09-2014, 11:37 PM
Hopefully the supporters that purchased it enjoyed it. I contributed the 'Stanton Goes Stateside' article focusing on his time in New York, so I hope that everyone that read it found it interesting.

Pretty Boy
15-09-2014, 06:57 AM
Not really related but don't want to start another thread moaning about something.

Can anyone tell me where the buckets collexting for charity where? I walked my usual route and didn't see any, went in my usual gate and expected the laddie who usually sells the Happy Hibee tickets to have a bucket but no one and couldn't find one in the concourse either.

I'd taken a few quid extra to contribute since I'd taken a free ticket to give to someone. Is there anyone at the club I could send it to?

franks
15-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Not really related but don't want to start another thread moaning about something.

Can anyone tell me where the buckets collexting for charity where? I walked my usual route and didn't see any, went in my usual gate and expected the laddie who usually sells the Happy Hibee tickets to have a bucket but no one and couldn't find one in the concourse either.

I'd taken a few quid extra to contribute since I'd taken a free ticket to give to someone. Is there anyone at the club I could send it to?

Thought the same too. Always buy a Happy Hibee and a programme. When I entered the stadium there was no Happy Hibee seller and no collection bucket.

MSK
15-09-2014, 09:33 AM
Thought the same too. Always buy a Happy Hibee and a programme. When I entered the stadium there was no Happy Hibee seller and no collection bucket.Likewise, had a few quid ready to buy happy hibbie tickets but no-one around ..unusual...

PatHead
15-09-2014, 10:21 AM
The Happy Hibby was cancelled to allow for Pat's collection which was meant to be inside the ground. Don't know what happened

MSK
15-09-2014, 10:25 AM
The Happy Hibby was cancelled to allow for Pat's collection which was meant to be inside the ground. Don't know what happenedThe only collection bucket I saw was a guy walking around the concourse of the lower FF wearing a hibs top with Ffit on the back ..I assume he was collecting for that ..

silverhibee
15-09-2014, 11:10 AM
The Happy Hibby was cancelled to allow for Pat's collection which was meant to be inside the ground. Don't know what happened

Who was arranging the collection, i stood outside the FF talking to a few mates and there was no one in sight with collection buckets, i then walked round to the East and still never seen anyone with collection buckets, when me and my son went in to the East i went to the toilet and my son went to buy a few tickets for the happy Hibby draw, when i came out he said there is no one selling them and there was no one in the con-course with any collection buckets.

So if the collection never happened then that means the club never made any money for youth development from the sales of happy Hibby half time draw.

silverhibee
15-09-2014, 11:11 AM
The only collection bucket I saw was a guy walking around the concourse of the lower FF wearing a hibs top with Ffit on the back ..I assume he was collecting for that ..

What does that mean.

MSK
15-09-2014, 11:12 AM
What does that mean.Football Fans In Training ..

hibee_girl
15-09-2014, 11:16 AM
I saw a woman with a charity bucket standing at the bottom of the stairs in East stand, tbh she was more in the way than anything else!

silverhibee
15-09-2014, 11:26 AM
I saw a woman with a charity bucket standing at the bottom of the stairs in East stand, tbh she was more in the way than anything else!

Think it is safe to say the bucket collection wasn't like any of the other one's done at ER where they are all over the place at ER.

Anyone no who was organising it and how much was raised.

oconnors_strip
15-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Who was arranging the collection, i stood outside the FF talking to a few mates and there was no one in sight with collection buckets, i then walked round to the East and still never seen anyone with collection buckets, when me and my son went in to the East i went to the toilet and my son went to buy a few tickets for the happy Hibby draw, when i came out he said there is no one selling them and there was no one in the con-course with any collection buckets.

So if the collection never happened then that means the club never made any money for youth development from the sales of happy Hibby half time draw.

As said above the happy hibee tickets weren't being sold and instead there was guys collecting for pat's chosen charity. Instead of wearing their ffit tops they should have had pat Stanton tops on to make it clear

silverhibee
15-09-2014, 12:57 PM
As said above the happy hibee tickets weren't being sold and instead there was guys collecting for pat's chosen charity. Instead of wearing their ffit tops they should have had pat Stanton tops on to make it clear

But where were the bucket collectors though, inside or outside the ground, as i said i walked from FF to East stand and never seen a single person with a collection bucket and there was no one in the concourse at the East that i seen with any bucket collections.

Was it the club that arranged this or the working together group or someone else.

oconnors_strip
15-09-2014, 02:06 PM
But where were the bucket collectors though, inside or outside the ground, as i said i walked from FF to East stand and never seen a single person with a collection bucket and there was no one in the concourse at the East that i seen with any bucket collections.

Was it the club that arranged this or the working together group or someone else.

From my understanding they were to be inside the concourses in replace of the youth players. Was the club who arranged it, not sure if working together involved as I'm no longer attending meetings

PatHead
15-09-2014, 02:14 PM
Collection was nothing to do with Working Together. I understand that it had to be done inside the stadium, can only assume because of licencing issues but don't know who organised it or how much was raised.

silverhibee
15-09-2014, 02:25 PM
From my understanding they were to be inside the concourses in replace of the youth players. Was the club who arranged it, not sure if working together involved as I'm no longer attending meetings

Ta. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2014, 03:59 PM
They were in the concourse at the West

Bunter
15-09-2014, 04:32 PM
The Community Foundation were asked late in the day (Wednesday I think) to supply bucket shakers. Had to be inside the ground, as was mentioned earlier, no time to get the requisite street licence in place. It was FFiT fans who volunteered to do it. Maybe not experienced bucket shakers; calling out, mentioning what the charity was etc. but still gave their time willingly. I think some people should lighten up a little.

Pretty Boy
15-09-2014, 04:39 PM
The Community Foundation were asked late in the day (Wednesday I think) to supply bucket shakers. Had to be inside the ground, as was mentioned earlier, no time to get the requisite street licence in place. It was FFiT fans who volunteered to do it. Maybe not experienced bucket shakers; calling out, mentioning what the charity was etc. but still gave their time willingly. I think some people should lighten up a little.

It was myself who first asked about the collection on this thread. I wasn't having a go, I was just genuinely wondering if there was any because I didn't see them and secondly wondering if it was still possible to contribute as I had intended to.

Absolutely not having a dig at the collectors. Been there, done it and shook the bucket. It can be a thankless task.

PatHead
15-09-2014, 04:42 PM

Well done to them. Any idea how much raised?

PatHead
15-09-2014, 04:45 PM
It was myself who first asked about the collection on this thread. I wasn't having a go, I was just genuinely wondering if there was any because I didn't see them and secondly wondering if it was still possible to contribute as I had intended to.

Absolutely not having a dig at the collectors. Been there, done it and shook the bucket. It can be a thankless task.

Phone Hibs Community Foundation and ask. Sure you will be able to drop money in.

Pretty Boy
15-09-2014, 04:53 PM
Phone Hibs Community Foundation and ask. Sure you will be able to drop money in.

:aok:

Bobo
15-09-2014, 05:00 PM
They were in the concourse at the West

Certainly were, it was me that was shaking the bucket.

As mentioned in Bunter's post above, the FFIT guys volunteered to help take the buckets into the concourses of the stands, for the hour prior to kickoff, due to no licence being granted for an on-street collection.

I've no idea how much was raised but hopefully, whatever the amount, it makes some difference to a worthwhile cause.

Scouse Hibee
15-09-2014, 05:19 PM
Certainly were, it was me that was shaking the bucket.

As mentioned in Bunter's post above, the FFIT guys volunteered to help take the buckets into the concourses of the stands, for the hour prior to kickoff, due to no licence being granted for an on-street collection.

I've no idea how much was raised but hopefully, whatever the amount, it makes some difference to a worthwhile cause.

:aok: Good on you mate.

cameronw-hfc
15-09-2014, 08:59 PM
The format,price etc. is all down to the club and in with that in mind the abuse the young program sellers were getting yesterday was well out of order. :grr:
It got so bad that my son started saying "sorry but they are £5 this week" and his confidence in our support took a right good kick to his gonads.
No need at all for that IMO :bitchy:
The sellers have absolutely no control over anything regarding the progs as they just sell the programmes to fellow Hibs fans to earn some pocket money, so if you have a gripe to air regarding the programmes complain to the club, not the young lads and lassies doing a very minor service for the club they love. Some of the language directed at my son in particular would give builders on site red faces FFS !

Need to say, I like doing it, and the fans are usually great with me. Have a few that come up and chat to me every time, and I try to be nice and civil and polite to them, but keep in mind I/the rest of us DO NOT pick the prices, ever. So to call me a disgrace to 'their' club, and saying I should be booted out of the club ASAP, is a step too far. (I sell at the East, usually across from the burger van or down at the gates).

Not only do I work for the club, but I'm also a die hard hibby. To the stage I'm going to Dingwall for the cup game, and I go to, and have been going to every Hibs game since I was 3/4 years old, only missing a handful. So to say I was disappointed with some fans is an understatement.

PatHead
15-09-2014, 10:35 PM
Need to say, I like doing it, and the fans are usually great with me. Have a few that come up and chat to me every time, and I try to be nice and civil and polite to them, but keep in mind I/the rest of us DO NOT pick the prices, ever. So to call me a disgrace to 'their' club, and saying I should be booted out of the club ASAP, is a step too far. (I sell at the East, usually across from the burger van or down at the gates).

Not only do I work for the club, but I'm also a die hard hibby. To the stage I'm going to Dingwall for the cup game, and I go to, and have been going to every Hibs game since I was 3/4 years old, only missing a handful. So to say I was disappointed with some fans is an understatement.

Really to hear you got abused. It is entirely unacceptable to get that treatment at work, especially a youngster. Don't let them get you down