PDA

View Full Version : Welbeck will score more goals than Rooney

HibbyAndy
11-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Louis Van Gal reckons he let DW go because he doesn't have the 'Record of Rooney or Van persie'.

I'l state right now Danny Welbeck will score more goals than Wayne Rooney OR RVP. over the course of the season.

Steal of the century for Arsenal.

Ill even let you have Falcao

DW will score more goals for Arsenal than either Rooney, Falcao or RVP over the course of the season.

£100 goes to kick for kids.

3pm
11-09-2014, 10:10 PM
It's brave considering Wenger doesnae sound that fussed about having him.

Edit - seems to have changed his tune!!

GGTTH07
11-09-2014, 10:18 PM
I'll have what you're having, please.

silverhibee
11-09-2014, 10:21 PM
Louis Van Gal reckons he let DW go because he doesn't have the 'Record of Rooney or Van persie'.

I'l state right now Danny Welbeck will score more goals than Wayne Rooney OR RVP. over the course of the season.

DW will score more goals for Arsenal than either Rooney, Falcao or RVP over the course of the season.

Me and my son were talking about this at tea time Andy, he was saying the same thing regards Wellbeck, and i agree with my son and you, "but" :greengrin the goals will be shared amongst the trio of strikers at Man Utd, where as Wellbeck will be Arsenal main goal threat for them this season and will get more chances laid on for him which will result in him scoring more goals.

HibbyAndy
11-09-2014, 10:21 PM
It's brave considering Wenger doesnae sound that fussed about having him.

Edit - seems to have changed his tune!!

The chances Arsenal create?.. Id imagine DW will score more goals than WR is a piss easy bet.

Ill simplify things, Danny Welbeck will score more goals for Arsenal than Falcao will for Man u.. Or RVP or WR.

HibbyAndy
11-09-2014, 10:25 PM
Me and my son were talking about this at tea time Andy, he was saying the same thing regards Wellbeck, and i agree with my son and you, "but" :greengrin the goals will be shared amongst the trio of strikers at Man Utd, where as Wellbeck will be Arsenal main goal threat for them this season and will get more chances laid on for him which will result in him scoring more goals.

Spot on Silver :agree:

DW will score more goals this season than WR OR RVP OR RF.

Can i be clear :greengrin Im not saying he will score more than all these guys put together BUT over the course of the season Welbeck will score more goals than EACH of the player mentioned,

Falcao , Meh.

HibbyAndy
11-09-2014, 10:26 PM
I'll have what you're having, please.

Care to elaborate?

Mibbes Aye
11-09-2014, 10:31 PM

I think he's in the right set-up at the Emirates, potentially more comfortable than Giroud in that role.

Falcao is a goalscorer, consistently, in a way that RVP only grew into and of a magnitude that Rooney is close to, but has never quite reached.

They're a fair bit older than Welbeck too and there have to be injury concerns with RF and RVP.

On the plus side for them, Di Maria offers something special but it still feels like Man U are a great team for next season, when Di Maria, Herrera and Rojo have had a chance to acclimatise. The likes of Blind will settle in quicker I suspect.

That notwithstanding, Welbeck looks a strong finisher. Arsenal have a multitude of guys who can set things up but have lacked a clinical finisher for a while, before Henry and after. The stage is set for Welbeck and you could be right.

Sir David Gray
11-09-2014, 10:38 PM
That's a very good bet that I'm sure someone will take you up on.

Welbeck's scored 37 goals in the six years since he started his senior career.

In that time he's played 178 times for three different clubs, which is a goal every 4.8 games.

Wayne Rooney;

Games: 521
Goals: 235
1 goal every 2.2 games

Robin Van Persie;

Games: 429
Goals: 194
1 goal every 2.2 games

Radamel Falcao;

Games: 269
Goals: 175
1 goal every 1.5 games

HibbyAndy
11-09-2014, 10:40 PM
I think he's in the right set-up at the Emirates, potentially more comfortable than Giroud in that role.

Falcao is a goalscorer, consistently, in a way that RVP only grew into and of a magnitude that Rooney is close to, but has never quite reached.

They're a fair bit older than Welbeck too and there have to be injury concerns with RF and RVP.

On the plus side for them, Di Maria offers something special but it still feels like Man U are a great team for next season, when Di Maria, Herrera and Rojo have had a chance to acclimatise. The likes of Blind will settle in quicker I suspect.

That notwithstanding, Welbeck looks a strong finisher. Arsenal have a multitude of guys who can set things up but have lacked a clinical finisher for a while, before Henry and after. The stage is set for Welbeck and you could be right.

Hence my point.

Danny Welbeck will score more goals for Arsenal than ANY striker over the course of the season will for Man utd.

16 million? Nae wonder Wenger is pissin himself laughin on sky sports news..

Anyone that wants to simplify it mare :greengrin

Ill take any wager ( kick for kids) Welbeck will score more goals than Falcao will this season..:cb:cb One is ridiculously over priced, The other one cost just 16 Million

HibbyAndy
11-09-2014, 10:43 PM

In that time he's played 178 times for three different clubs, which is a goal every 4.8 games.

Wayne Rooney;

1 goal every 2.2 games

Robin Van Persie;

1 goal every 2.2 games

Radamel Falcao;

1 goal every 1.5 games

I reckon he will play Most games for Arsenal.

heretoday
11-09-2014, 10:43 PM
One thing is certain. Only time will tell.

HibbyAndy
11-09-2014, 10:45 PM
One thing is certain. Only time will tell.

Unless your chocolate legs RVP :greengrin

3pm
11-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Right Andy. I'll take the bet. I don't really give a toss but since it's KFK then I am happy to do it.

Falcao is my chosen man.

League goals only. If one of them gets injured, tough luck!

Agreed?

HibbyAndy
11-09-2014, 10:51 PM
Right Andy. I'll take the bet. I don't really give a toss but since it's KFK then I am happy to do it.

Falcao is my chosen man.

League goals only. If one of them gets injured, tough luck!

Agreed?

:thumbsup:

Done mate, League goals only :thumbsup:

:cb:greengrin

3pm
11-09-2014, 10:53 PM

Done mate, League goals only :thumbsup:

:cb:greengrin

1 season ticket? Or the £100?

Mibbes Aye
11-09-2014, 10:53 PM

Wayne Rooney;

1 goal every 2.2 games

Robin Van Persie;

1 goal every 2.2 games

Radamel Falcao;

1 goal every 1.5 games

I respect your analysis when it comes to this sort of thing - I've seen you debunk some well-established myths and shine a new light on other things.

In this case we have to be wary though. Thierry Henry was averaging a goal every 5.2 games before he went to Arsenal.

Similarly to Henry and unlike the others, Welbeck hasn't had consistent opportunities upfront in the centre.

Actually, admittedly, Henry wasn't even deployed that way - he drifted out left so much and played off the likes of Cole, Pires and sundry others, taking advantage of them running on and pulling someone out wide to create the space for a finish.

Anyhow, with the creators in the Arsenal side, it does feel like a player who has physicality and a finishing touch might just be that crucial jigsaw piece.

At the start of the window I wouldn't have even thought of Welbeck in an Arsenal shirt but I can now see how it just might work.

HibbyAndy
11-09-2014, 10:54 PM
1 season ticket? Or the £100?

Season ticket :agree:

3pm
11-09-2014, 10:55 PM
Season ticket :agree:

Sound mate. :o)

Winner can buy the other one a pint!

HibbyAndy
11-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Sound mate. :o)

Winner can buy the other one a pint!

Sounds awrite :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
11-09-2014, 10:59 PM
I respect your analysis when it comes to this sort of thing - I've seen you debunk some well-established myths and shine a new light on other things.

In this case we have to be wary though. Thierry Henry was averaging a goal every 5.2 games before he went to Arsenal.

Similarly to Henry and unlike the others, Welbeck hasn't had consistent opportunities upfront in the centre.

Actually, admittedly, Henry wasn't even deployed that way - he drifted out left so much and played off the likes of Cole, Pires and sundry others, taking advantage of them running on and pulling someone out wide to create the space for a finish.

Anyhow, with the creators in the Arsenal side, it does feel like a player who has physicality and a finishing touch might just be that crucial jigsaw piece.

At the start of the window I wouldn't have even thought of Welbeck in an Arsenal shirt but I can now see how it just might work.

I think Welbeck's a decent player and I think he could do very well for Arsenal.

However if either Van Persie or Falcao are able to play to their potential, it won't even be close.

Falcao's got one of the best goalscoring records in the world in the last four or five years.

Jones28
11-09-2014, 11:09 PM
£50 to KFK on Sturridge to finish as top scorer?

Mibbes Aye
11-09-2014, 11:13 PM
I think Welbeck's a decent player and I think he could do very well for Arsenal.

However if either Van Persie or Falcao are able to play to their potential, it won't even be close.

Falcao's got one of the best goalscoring records in the world in the last four or five years.

He has, he's a machine, the question is does he have the supply, from a dominant midfield, that he would have enjoyed most of the time at Porto and Atletico?

Then there's the adaptability factor and if I'm right, he's just had his first serious injury, a knee one at that, at the age of 28?

I think you're right, at his full potential he has the capacity to score for fun.

There are at least three different factors which may inhibit that though.

I suppose my biggest question would be, if LVG is set on 3-5-2, what's his first-choice selection? RVP and Rada as the two? More importantly, who is doing what? And where's Wayne?

After this window and with two more to come I think there's the potential for a mindblowing ManU team next season but it doesn't look like it hangs together yet.

getting back to Welbeck he feels like the unexpected solution to a question that was needing answered.

We shall see :greengrin

Iain G
12-09-2014, 12:28 AM
I think Man U bit their hands off at 16 million!!!

Baader
12-09-2014, 01:20 AM
Wellbeck is a fantastic signing for Arsenal. Quite underrated.

Dashing Bob S
12-09-2014, 01:32 AM
Wellbeck will shine at Arsenal. I think of him as being like Drogba, who didn't really hit his stride as a goalscorer till he was 25. Their game will suit him and he'll get loads of chances. If Van Gaal doesn't have a great season at Man U, this deal could come back and haunt him badly.

GreenLake
12-09-2014, 03:34 AM

I like your post and I think you might be right but I have a feeling you are wrong. I am a lover of kicks for kids and feel like poking you with a stick! I'll take the other side of your bet so we can both rest in peace and watch the outcome. :greengrin

Pete
12-09-2014, 03:54 AM

I think that as an Arsenal fan, you have let the United manager wind you up and you're reacting out of anger.

Never mind Falcao, I'll wager £25 (I might not have a ton to my name at the end of the season :greengrin) that Rooney will out score Wellbeck. Arsenal will do well but they are the ones who will share the goals in my opinion.

You'll be paying Dnipro kids:aok:

Steve20
12-09-2014, 04:42 AM
Welbeck is decent enough. But Falcao is just brilliant. He'll score loads of goals at Utd.

DC_Hibs
12-09-2014, 06:04 AM
Amazing what those 2 goals in midweek did to change peoples opinions on him!!

we are hibs
12-09-2014, 06:33 AM
Welbeck is dire.

RyeSloan
12-09-2014, 07:18 AM
Welbeck is dire.

Wouldn't go that far but he certainly unproven as a regular centre forward who will consistently score goals.

I hope he does a Henry though and turns into a Gooner legend!!

worcesterhibby
12-09-2014, 08:48 AM
The other one cost just 16 Million

The perfect illustration of the mad, mad , mad world of top level football. That anyone can describe Danny Welbeck as costing "JUST" 16 million proves that football has jumped the shark.

PeterboroHibee
12-09-2014, 10:09 AM
I have to admit Im not the biggest fan of Welbeck, but it will certainly be interesting to see how he does this season compared to the strikers at Man Utd. Hes at a club now where hes almost guaranteed to play as a striker, will likely get far more chances than he did playing for Man Utd, and I reckon has far more chance of developing as a player under Wenger than had he stayed at United. He definitely isnt the same calibre of player as the 3 strikers at United (yet anyway), so it will come down to the system (which at United is a shambles under Van Gaal) and how often he plays.

HibbyAndy
12-09-2014, 10:46 AM
I think that as an Arsenal fan, you have let the United manager wind you up and you're reacting out of anger.

Never mind Falcao, I'll wager £25 (I might not have a ton to my name at the end of the season :greengrin) that Rooney will out score Wellbeck. Arsenal will do well but they are the ones who will share the goals in my opinion.

You'll be paying Dnipro kids:aok:

Deal :aok:

All competitions or just Premier league?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-09-2014, 10:59 AM
Welbeck is gash. Give me D Studge anyday.

HibbyAndy
12-09-2014, 11:03 AM
Welbeck is gash. Give me D Studge anyday.

Away and bile yer heid .

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Away and bile yer heid .

Think that's what you need to do :faf:

HibbyAndy
12-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Think that's what you need to do :faf:

If you have nothing constructive to add to the thread then don't post on here.:na na:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-09-2014, 11:40 AM
If you have nothing constructive to add to the thread then don't post on here.:na na:

Strurridge over Welpish anyday :aok:

PeterboroHibee
12-09-2014, 11:47 AM
Prior to his move to Liverpool (and excluding his loan spell at Bolton), Sturridge also suffered, like Welbeck, from being played out of position. They have roughly the same goalscoring record at a comparable stage (1 every 3-4 games), and if Welbeck is allowed to play in his preferred position at Arsenal, he has far more potential than Sturridge did in my opinion, and will have overtaken him by the time he is Sturridge's age.

Scouse Hibee
12-09-2014, 12:10 PM
Strurridge over Welpish anyday :aok:

Sturridge by far the better finisher. I'm not biased either!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-09-2014, 12:12 PM

Exactly :agree:

Scouse Hibee
12-09-2014, 12:14 PM
How about the same bet for a kick for kids ST that Liverpool will finish above Arsenal in the league?

HibbyAndy
12-09-2014, 12:38 PM

Ofcourse he is :agree: But my thread title has bugger all to do with Sturridge.

HibbyAndy
12-09-2014, 12:39 PM
How about the same bet for a kick for kids ST that Liverpool will finish above Arsenal in the league?

Maybe someone else will place that wager but as i have 2 bets on the go ill pass :greengrin

But i do fancy Arsenal to finish higher than Liverpool.

Scouse Hibee
12-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Ofcourse he is :agree: But my thread title has bugger all to do with Sturridge.

Yeah I know, was replying to Bob

Pete
12-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Deal :aok:

All competitions or just Premier league?

League only. I have this irrational hatred for Manchester united so I don't think I'll be able to stomach wanting Rooney to score. I might just pay up early to get back to wanting them to lose every game they play :greengrin

HibbyAndy
12-09-2014, 04:50 PM
League only. I have this irrational hatred for Manchester united so I don't think I'll be able to stomach wanting Rooney to score. I might just pay up early to get back to wanting them to lose every game they play :greengrin

Sounds a plan you want ma paypal account? :greengrin

Pete
12-09-2014, 07:32 PM
Sounds a plan you want ma paypal account? :greengrin

Erm, you mean the kicks for kids PayPal surely? :wink:

HibbyAndy
12-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Erm, you mean the kicks for kids PayPal surely? :wink:

Aw aye.. That's what a ment :duck::greengrin

GreenLake
13-09-2014, 11:58 AM
Just chipped Joe Hart and hit off the post to miss his opener for Arsenal against Man City. Unlucky!

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Just chipped Joe Hart and hit off the post to miss his opener for Arsenal against Man City. Unlucky!

Really should have scored in my opinion, i'm not convinced he will outscore those mentioned and the bookies would surely give better odds than evens?

And of course a real quality forward in Aguero gets his one chance and pokes it away. 1-0 city.

GreenLake
13-09-2014, 12:13 PM
Really should have scored in my opinion, i'm not convinced he will outscore those mentioned and the bookies would surely give better odds than evens?

I don't think he will either but will watch with interest. Aguero just scored.

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2014, 12:17 PM
I don't think he will either but will watch with interest. Aguero just scored.

Me neither, and today has been the perfect example on why he wont.

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 12:24 PM

And of course a real quality forward in Aguero gets his one chance and pokes it away. 1-0 city.

The chip looked pretty but low and hard and he would have scored.

Poor decision making imo.

blackpoolhibs
13-09-2014, 12:29 PM
The chip looked pretty but low and hard and he would have scored.

Poor decision making imo.

Yip, he's not a clinical finisher. :agree:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2014, 12:32 PM
His miss-kick in the warm up :faf:

GreenLake
13-09-2014, 12:50 PM
Another Welbeck trundler into the hands of Hart.

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Good goal by Wilshere. Clinical.

Pretty Boy
13-09-2014, 01:16 PM
Stunning goal by Sanchez.

2-1 Arsenal

easty
13-09-2014, 01:22 PM
Def should have been a pen for City.

GreenLake
13-09-2014, 01:26 PM
City equalize. Great game this.

jonty
13-09-2014, 04:37 PM
So - how are the scorers looking so far? a big fat '0' all round, or is Welbeck destroying the competition?

HibbyAndy
13-09-2014, 05:10 PM
So - how are the scorers looking so far? a big fat '0' all round, or is Welbeck destroying the competition?

Think you probably know todays score to be fair so why ask?

jonty
13-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Think you probably know todays score to be fair so why ask?

I genuinely don't, and have no idea how many games they've played.

I'm guessing by your post then its not good. Grouch.

HibbyAndy
13-09-2014, 06:40 PM
I genuinely don't, and have no idea how many games they've played.

I'm guessing by your post then its not good. Grouch.

nae goals :greengrin

2-2 between Arsenal and Citeh tho.

Liverpool got beat so should shut the scousers up for another week:cb:cb

Scouse Hibee
13-09-2014, 07:40 PM
nae goals :greengrin

2-2 between Arsenal and Citeh tho.

Liverpool got beat so should shut the scousers up for another week:cb:cb

No still here and still predicting a finish above Arsenal :cb

BOB MARLEYS DUG
13-09-2014, 07:41 PM
No still here and still predicting a finish above Arsenal :cb

:agree::thumbsup:

Hibby Bairn
14-09-2014, 03:58 PM
BUMP :wink:

HibbyAndy
14-09-2014, 04:08 PM
BUMP :wink:

:greengrin

This could be a 65 pager if we bring this thread up every week if either scores or dusnae score..

Im confident:cb:cb

DC_Hibs
14-09-2014, 04:14 PM
OK, I've sat back and waited for admins to step in about those taking advantage of HibbyAndy yet nothing has happened.
You could be done under the following legislation so time to close the thread and void the bets.
Out of order guys.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2005/9/contents

HibbyAndy
14-09-2014, 04:17 PM
OK, I've sat back and waited for admins to step in about those taking advantage of HibbyAndy yet nothing has happened.
You could be done under the following legislation so time to close the thread and void the bets.
Out of order guys.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2014, 06:02 PM
UPDATE

Rooney-2
Falcao-0
Van Persie-0
Welbeck-0

blackpoolhibs
14-09-2014, 06:04 PM
UPDATE

Rooney-2
Falcao-0
Van Persie-0
Welbeck-0
Heff -0

:wink:

hibeemikey21
14-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Out of order guys.

Section 68(4) to the rescue

HibbyAndy
14-09-2014, 06:20 PM
UPDATE

Rooney-2
Falcao-0
Van Persie-0
Welbeck-0

RVP isnae part of the bets.

Well he is but naebody picked him :greengrin

hibs4thecup1988
14-09-2014, 06:23 PM
RVP isnae part of the bets.

Rooney never scored twice....

HibbyAndy
14-09-2014, 06:32 PM

I thought that tae :confused:

HibbyAndy
14-09-2014, 06:38 PM

For the season he has.

Sir David Gray
14-09-2014, 06:40 PM

He's got two goals for the season.

hibs4thecup1988
14-09-2014, 06:43 PM
For the season he has.

Ahhhh ok...

Thought you were doing it from the transfer window

Itsnoteasy
14-09-2014, 06:46 PM

My cash is on Eoin Doyle @ Chesterfield. 8 goals for him this season. They got him for SFA

HibbyAndy
14-09-2014, 06:47 PM
Ahhhh ok...

So did i :agree:..No wanting anyone greeting tho so ill go with it :nerd:

Sir David Gray
14-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Ahhhh ok...

So did i :agree:..No wanting anyone greeting tho so ill go with it :nerd:

You're a good sport, Andy! :aok:

HibbyAndy
14-09-2014, 06:57 PM
You're a good sport, Andy! :aok:

This will be some thread come May :hilarious

Sir David Gray
14-09-2014, 07:03 PM

This will be some thread come May :hilarious

I predict an 80 pager! :greengrin

HibbyAndy
14-09-2014, 07:05 PM
I predict an 80 pager! :greengrin

No be far away mate :greengrin:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Will Wellbeck score 1 goal never mind more than Rooney, another sitter missed tonight? The Heff will score more than him.

blackpoolhibs
16-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Wellbeck. :faf: he's got very little quality in front of goal.

matty_f
16-09-2014, 08:22 PM
Wellbeck is never good enough at this level.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
16-09-2014, 09:15 PM
Welbeck is garbage.

bob12345
16-09-2014, 10:46 PM
Wellbeck cost me my coupon tonight!

Sir David Gray
16-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Perhaps a better question would be;

Will Danny Welbeck score more Champions League goals this season than Wayne Rooney, Robin Van Persie or Radamel Falcao? :greengrin

Expecting Rain
17-09-2014, 08:35 AM

This could be a 65 pager if we bring this thread up every week if either scores or dusnae score..

Im confident:cb:cb

I think Welbeck will prove a great signing for Arsenal with plenty of goals and assists.

hfc rd
17-09-2014, 09:26 AM
Thank you very much for the £16M Mr Wenger. :)

TamHibs
17-09-2014, 10:00 AM

:faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf::faf:

You're a funny guy Andy ;)

lapsedhibee
17-09-2014, 10:29 AM

No sane person would take you up on that bet. It's almost inconceivable that any of the last three will even play for Arsenal, never mind score for them, over the course of this season. (Wenger didn't even take Fabregas back when he had the chance; pretty sure he wouldn't have Van Persie either.)

Pete
17-09-2014, 03:09 PM
No sane person would take you up on that bet. It's almost inconceivable that any of the last three will even play for Arsenal, never mind score for them, over the course of this season. (Wenger didn't even take Fabregas back when he had the chance; pretty sure he wouldn't have Van Persie either.)

That's either a misprint or Andy has ingeniously worded it like that so he can use a technicality to avoid paying at the end of the season.

I can't decide. :greengrin

Eyrie
17-09-2014, 05:43 PM
Perhaps a better question would be;

Will Danny Welbeck score this season ? :greengrin

Fixed that for you :wink:

Welbeck is a decent player in a supporting role, but he's not an instinctive finisher.

3pm
20-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Welbeck off and running.

GreenLake
20-09-2014, 02:43 PM
Welbeck off and running.

Good goal too.

heretoday
20-09-2014, 02:47 PM
So much for Villa's reawakening! Messrs Lambert and Keane look a bit daft sitting there with their silly beards on.

GreenLake
27-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Rooney goes another goal in front of "Well-back" even after a red card and 30 lost minutes playing time. :greengrin

Pretty Boy
27-09-2014, 06:31 PM
What's the scores now?

This is more exciting than following Hibs.

Sir David Gray
27-09-2014, 06:38 PM
What's the scores now?

This is more exciting than following Hibs.

Rooney-3
Van Persie-2
Welbeck-1
Falcao-0

RyeSloan
27-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Rooney goes another goal in front of "Well-back" even after a red card and 30 lost minutes playing time. :greengrin

Brilliant pirouette from Wellbeck today...deserves half a goal for that surely!!

GreenLake
01-10-2014, 07:09 PM
First Champions League goal!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-10-2014, 07:11 PM
First Champions League goal!

Still gash. Should have had a few against Dortmund.

Alex Trager
01-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Great finish. What is that three a piece?

DC_Hibs
01-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Great finish. What is that three a piece?

Champs league goals count double remember. Unwritten rule. Standard.

Regards

GreenLake
01-10-2014, 07:19 PM
Still gash. Should have had a few against Dortmund.

Scored a second, on his way to a hat trick. and level with Rooney already.

Hiber-nation
01-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Ludogorets crowd baying for Mr Craig Thomson's blood after giving Real Madrid one of the softest pens you'll ever see for a Ronaldo dive.

How the hell is that cheat allowed anywhere near the Champions League?

HappyAsHellas
01-10-2014, 07:51 PM
I thought he was dropped from Europe after his last howler with that linesman, and he was why we never had any officials at the world cup. Maybe they decided to give him another try before dropping him again.

01-10-2014, 07:53 PM
I have a few arsenal supporting mates and considering that they were close to getting Falcao, they were pretty disappointed at ending up with Welbeck and thought he was just a last minute panic buy.

hes certainly no world beater but can see him doing ok at arsenal given a chance

Hiber-nation
01-10-2014, 07:54 PM
I thought he was dropped from Europe after his last howler with that linesman, and he was why we never had any officials at the world cup. Maybe they decided to give him another try before dropping him again.

If he's not been dropped from the list by now he never will be. Seems to happen every time he refs abroad as well as here, blunder after blunder, unsurprisingly.

BTW that Welbeck boy's pish eh :wink:

GreenLake
01-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Ludogorets crowd baying for Mr Craig Thomson's blood after giving Real Madrid one of the softest pens you'll ever see for a Ronaldo dive.

How the hell is that cheat allowed anywhere near the Champions League?

He gave two I think as he missed one scored the second. He should not be refereeing in Scotland never mind Europe.

lucky
01-10-2014, 07:56 PM
3 for Wellbeck tonight

GreenLake
01-10-2014, 07:58 PM
3 for Wellbeck tonight

HibbyAndy will be counting his winnings.:greengrin

HibbyAndy
01-10-2014, 08:01 PM
HibbyAndy will be counting his winnings.:greengrin

To be fair my bet with 2 guys on here are league goals unfortunately..Or Welbeck would be well ahead :-).

Ill still state tho that Welbeck will score more goals in all competition than Rooney or Falcao or rvp over the course of the season.

GreenLake
01-10-2014, 08:06 PM
To be fair my bet with 2 guys on here are league goals unfortunately..Or Welbeck would be well ahead :-).

Ill still state tho that Welbeck will score more goals in all competition than Rooney or Falcao or rvp over the course of the season.

I should be relieved then as I was one of them.:greengrin

HibbyAndy
01-10-2014, 08:06 PM

3pm
01-10-2014, 08:08 PM

I was never concerned. But I did double check!!!

HibbyAndy
01-10-2014, 08:10 PM
I was never concerned. But I did double check!!!

silverhibee
01-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Wellbeck is never good enough at this level.

:cb :greengrin

silverhibee
01-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Welbeck is garbage.

:na na:

GreenLake
01-10-2014, 08:17 PM
This is the only way I can get a wee bet on without breaking the law or going to Vegas.

I'll add a wee private KFK bonus of an extra £50 if Welbeck scores more league goals than Cummings.:greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-10-2014, 09:33 PM
It was only Galatasaray :faf:

DC_Hibs
01-10-2014, 09:44 PM
It was only Galatasaray :faf:

You've made yourself look even more ridiculous with this post DUG!

You're barking...

MWHIBBIES
01-10-2014, 10:03 PM
It was only Galatasaray :faf:It was only Basel :faf:

Alex Trager
01-10-2014, 10:05 PM
This is the only way I can get a wee bet on without breaking the law or going to Vegas.

I'll add a wee private KFK bonus of an extra £50 if Welbeck scores more league goals than Cummings.:greengrin

Can't you bet online?

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-10-2014, 10:24 PM
It was only Basel :faf:

Oi oi, enough of that. :greengrin

GreenLake
01-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Can't you bet online?

I imagine some do. I have heard shifty guys in some bars act as bookies. There are probably ways to call people too. I'm not that much of a gambler to make the extra effort.

There is a catch 22 as well - you have to pay taxes on winnings here. If you get caught not paying taxes it's really bad unless you are Timothy Geithner. (http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2009/01/geithner-blames-.html) If you pay taxes you would be admitting illegal gambling. :greengrin

We we need a "Still Game" episode to deal with this dilemma.

leither17
18-10-2014, 10:26 PM
One for welbeck today what's that the scores at?

Sir David Gray
18-10-2014, 10:36 PM
One for welbeck today what's that the scores at?

Rooney-3
Van Persie-2
Welbeck-2
Falcao-1

jgl07
18-10-2014, 11:46 PM
How many people give a ****?

Two mediocre strikers playing for mid-table teams.

leither17
19-10-2014, 12:12 AM
It's a bet for a charity chill winston

HibbyAndy
19-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Rooney-3
Van Persie-2
Welbeck-2
Falcao-1

Welbeck really has -5 but the bet is league only.

So my theory still stands that he actualy HAS and WILL get more goals than those mentioned :cb

Sir David Gray
19-10-2014, 12:23 PM

So my theory still stands that he actualy HAS and WILL get more goals than those mentioned :cb

Which is why I have only included league goals. :wink:

3pm
30-11-2014, 09:22 AM
I'll be writing to Falcao to ask him to make a donation as well. He'll have plenty time to reply cos he never f'in plays!

I think even at this stage, you have our bet won Andy!

Danderhall Hibs
30-11-2014, 09:57 AM

Does that include international goals?

HibbyAndy
30-11-2014, 04:13 PM
Does that include international goals?

My initial post was ment for in every competition for club and country, The bets i have on here are league only though.

Danny Welbeck will score more goals in every competition over the course of the season than either Rooney, Falcao or RVP...Nothing will change my mind.

Sir David Gray
01-12-2014, 06:20 PM
I'll be writing to Falcao to ask him to make a donation as well. He'll have plenty time to reply cos he never f'in plays!

I think even at this stage, you have our bet won Andy!

Unless I'm missing something obvious, I don't see how Andy has the bet sewn up at the moment.

The current standings are as follows;

Rooney-5
Van Persie-4
Welbeck-3
Falcao-1

Does Welbeck only need to score more goals than one of those three players in order for Andy to win? :confused:

Even if that is the case, if Falcao can somehow get himself fit then he'll score more goals than Welbeck this season.

Iggy Pope
01-12-2014, 06:31 PM
Unless I'm missing something obvious, I don't see how Andy has the bet sewn up at the moment.

Rooney-5
Van Persie-4
Welbeck-3
Falcao-1

Does Welbeck only need to score more goals than one of those three players in order for Andy to win? :confused:

Even if that is the case, if Falcao can somehow get himself fit then he'll score more goals than Welbeck this season.

Watch now. Don't be jumping into any hasty Manc related forfeit pledges you cant meet :wink:

Sir David Gray
01-12-2014, 06:52 PM
Watch now. Don't be jumping into any hasty Manc related forfeit pledges you cant meet :wink:

I'm not a betting man so I'll be leaving this one well alone.

If Welbeck has to score more goals than all three for Andy to win his bet then I can't see that happening.

If Welbeck only has to score more goals than one of those three then that's certainly possible given Falcao's injury worries but even then I think I would still say that all three of them will score more league goals than Welbeck.

3pm
01-12-2014, 07:06 PM

Rooney-5
Van Persie-4
Welbeck-3
Falcao-1

I am just for Falcao......he doesn't play and the gossip columns suggest he's not fit!

Iggy Pope
02-12-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm not a betting man so I'll be leaving this one well alone.

If Welbeck has to score more goals than all three for Andy to win his bet then I can't see that happening.

If Welbeck only has to score more goals than one of those three then that's certainly possible given Falcao's injury worries but even then I think I would still say that all three of them will score more league goals than Welbeck.

Might be best. I waited ages for you to turn up outside the Omni selling the Big Issue out of your bath of beans after the last time Man U never matched your confidence.

Sir David Gray
02-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Might be best. I waited ages for you to turn up outside the Omni selling the Big Issue out of your bath of beans after the last time Man U never matched your confidence.

I don't recall this bet.

Perhaps you could jog my memory. :dunno:

Iggy Pope
02-12-2014, 05:44 PM
I don't recall this bet.

Perhaps you could jog my memory. :dunno:

Well it wasn't a bet, more of a pledge, as I said.
I could trawl back a few years to City pumping United in the FA Cup semi, if I find the time, but theres no need.
You know it will be there somewhere.

But you've said you wont go betting on this one, so I won't need to look out for your welfare in this one 👀

Sir David Gray
02-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Well it wasn't a bet, more of a pledge, as I said.
I could trawl back a few years to City pumping United in the FA Cup semi, if I find the time, but theres no need.
You know it will be there somewhere.

But you've said you wont go betting on this one, so I won't need to look out for your welfare in this one 

I vaguely remember something now you mention it.

Totally forgot. :wink:

Iggy Pope
02-12-2014, 05:49 PM
I vaguely remember something now you mention it.

Totally forgot. :wink:

I didn't :wink:
Go easy now.

Sir David Gray
26-12-2014, 10:49 PM
Thought this could do with a bit of an update.

Rooney-8
Van Persie-8
Welbeck-3
Falcao-2

Hibbyradge
26-12-2014, 11:49 PM

Saving your pennies, Andy? :wink:

GordonHFC
27-12-2014, 06:44 AM
This will only happen if Wellbeck is played down the middle. Wenger won't play him there as Giroud is too lazy and can't play out wide.

MWHIBBIES
27-12-2014, 07:39 AM
This will only happen if Wellbeck is played down the middle. Wenger won't play him there as Giroud is too lazy and can't play out wide.Giroud has missed 80% of the season so far. Also Giroud isn't lazy, he just clearly isn't a winger, he is a 6ft4 center forward. Should Stubbs play Malonga out wide?

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2014, 09:06 AM
Has Giroud scored more than Welbeck as well?